Author Topic: Football Manager Series  (Read 38174 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Football Manager Series
« Reply #520 on: November 19, 2023, 01:17:13 pm »
got Sergev Milowhatever - the Lazio player who buggered off to Saudi - and Amine Gouri again

I'd love Gouri to join us for real

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: November 19, 2023, 01:40:24 pm »
I signed Touchameni for £50mil + £50mil addons

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #522 on: November 19, 2023, 04:38:11 pm »
How are you guys using Szobo? I can't get him playing well :/

I'm using our tactics in real life so trent tucks in with Mac, then Grav and Szob ahead.

Grav has been tearing it up but Szobo keeps getting poor ratings.

Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #523 on: November 19, 2023, 05:11:59 pm »
Mac as AP, Dom as Mezzala, Endo as BWM, all support.

I've got Tchouameni as my #1 target for next summer. Signed Andre as well because hey why not? I started with the 'real world' mode. Had a punt on Yasser Asprilla from Watford too and loaned him back for the year.

On my HSV FM Mobile save Bobby Glatzel and veteran Felipe Caicedo are belting them in in a 4-2-4 with Doak on loan coming on second half to run the Bundesliga 2 farmers ragged.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: November 19, 2023, 06:09:50 pm »
Szobo is a BBM for me, can also do DLP

Seems prettty versatile. An underrated role is CM - Automatic. I never use that for weird me reasons but it does seem to be a key component in many tactics

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: November 20, 2023, 03:29:58 pm »
How are you guys using Szobo? I can't get him playing well :/

I'm using our tactics in real life so trent tucks in with Mac, then Grav and Szob ahead.

Grav has been tearing it up but Szobo keeps getting poor ratings.

Tactical Style: Gegenpress
Formation: 4-3-3 DM wide
Mentality: Positive
In Possession: Pass into space, play out of defence, higher tempo
In Transition: Counter-press, counter, distribute to centre-backs, take short kicks
Out Of Possession: High press, standard defensive line, trigger press more often, prevent short GK distribution, step up more

Goalkeeper: Sweeper Keeper (Defend)
Right Back: Full Back (Support)
Right Centre Back: Ball-Playing Defender (Defend)
Left Centre Back: Ball-Playing Defender (Defend)
Left Back: Wing Back (Support)
Defensive Midfielder: Defensive Midfielder (Support)
Right Centre Midfielder: Advanced Playmaker (Support)
Left Centre Midfielder: Box-to-Box Midfielder (Support)
Right Winger: Inside Forward (Attack)
Left Winger: Inside Forward (Attack)
Striker: Advanced Forward (Attack)

Fits the Liverpool squad perfectly, Trent despite his real life desires is an elite right wing back :D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: November 20, 2023, 05:51:58 pm »
Anyone had a go putting Trent in DLP and bringing in a proper right back?

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: November 22, 2023, 10:24:51 am »
What are the specs to run fm smoothly on laptop ? Have a slightly older laptop. And is the game installed by cd or is downloaded ? Thanks in advance .

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: November 22, 2023, 10:39:19 am »
What are the specs to run fm smoothly on laptop ? Have a slightly older laptop. And is the game installed by cd or is downloaded ? Thanks in advance .

Downloaded via Steam I think is the most common way. Not even sure you can purchase a disc nowadays.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/football-manager-2024/22828

I think most newer set ups will run it but the loading times when you hit continue might take you a while. Especially if you have a lot of leagues loaded.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: November 22, 2023, 01:30:45 pm »
VAR is so broken in the game, was playing Spurs they got fouled in the box, then scored, then it went to VAR no penalty given and the game carried on! They got proper shafted!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #530 on: November 22, 2023, 06:33:37 pm »
VAR is so broken in the game, was playing Spurs they got fouled in the box, then scored, then it went to VAR no penalty given and the game carried on! They got proper shafted!

Makes a change, in real life they'd have probably been awarded the goal plus a bonus pen ;D

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #531 on: December 11, 2023, 02:09:33 pm »
Just won the league with Barca in the 40/41 season. Both us and Real Madrid finished on 100 points :lmao RM scored 107 goals and conceded 19. Our GD was slightly better but won the title on the head-to-head record anyway.

Just ridiculous.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: December 21, 2023, 01:01:38 pm »
Downloaded via Steam I think is the most common way. Not even sure you can purchase a disc nowadays.

Yeah discs are long gone, even the boxed copies overseas seem to just be a code in a box

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: December 22, 2023, 08:44:35 am »
Just won the league with Barca in the 40/41 season. Both us and Real Madrid finished on 100 points :lmao RM scored 107 goals and conceded 19. Our GD was slightly better but won the title on the head-to-head record anyway.

Just ridiculous.

I’ve just actually seen the year, how long did that take you? I’m into season 3 with Liverpool and already feeling my attention on the wane.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: December 22, 2023, 08:45:42 am »
Makes a change, in real life they'd have probably been awarded the goal plus a bonus pen ;D

Haha var in the game is just like real life, makes no sense and takes away the thrill of scoring.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #535 on: December 22, 2023, 08:23:46 pm »
I’ve just actually seen the year, how long did that take you? I’m into season 3 with Liverpool and already feeling my attention on the wane.

I whizz through seasons pretty quickly. Often just go 'on holiday' in between games, though this can bite you on the arse if one of your players tries to speak to you ;D

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #536 on: December 27, 2023, 09:43:23 am »
Liverpool in my current save are financially broken. Tried to take the job in 2040, and then after the issues I reloaded my save and took the French job before trying again in 2046. In both saves the club's income is crap and the wages manage to f*ck them despite only having the 10th highest wage bill in the PL. Just don't have the patience to sell off all of the best players and start again ;D

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: December 27, 2023, 09:53:41 am »
Liverpool in my current save are financially broken. Tried to take the job in 2040, and then after the issues I reloaded my save and took the French job before trying again in 2046. In both saves the club's income is crap and the wages manage to f*ck them despite only having the 10th highest wage bill in the PL. Just don't have the patience to sell off all of the best players and start again ;D

I failed one of my objectives, to increase commercial revenue, despite it being AI generated..

My favourite piece of utter shit programming is 2 19 year olds kicked up huge fusses as they didn't get picked for the CL squad, despite not needing to be. In the "chat" my options were to promise adding them to the squad, back down or threaten them, which ended up with a full squad revolt leading to us starting to play shite, took me a month to get squad harmony back. Good process.

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #538 on: December 27, 2023, 10:44:09 am »
I failed one of my objectives, to increase commercial revenue, despite it being AI generated..

My favourite piece of utter shit programming is 2 19 year olds kicked up huge fusses as they didn't get picked for the CL squad, despite not needing to be. In the "chat" my options were to promise adding them to the squad, back down or threaten them, which ended up with a full squad revolt leading to us starting to play shite, took me a month to get squad harmony back. Good process.

The squad harmony stuff is a constant pain. Had a save where we’d won like the first 18/19 games on the bounce playing really well. Then some prick with a “squad player” expectation kicks off that he’s only started a few games. Half the squad agree and morale gets tanked.

In real life if a team is flying at the top of the league, I can’t see it happening.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: December 27, 2023, 10:50:52 am »
The squad harmony stuff is a constant pain. Had a save where we’d won like the first 18/19 games on the bounce playing really well. Then some prick with a “squad player” expectation kicks off that he’s only started a few games. Half the squad agree and morale gets tanked.

In real life if a team is flying at the top of the league, I can’t see it happening.

Yeah Mac Allister kept getting involved with squad members or youth complaining and always saw his arse, so I sold him to PSG.

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #540 on: December 27, 2023, 11:00:16 am »
Update on my LFC related post above, they've just been relegated in 2047 and finances are "In Debt". Sheesh.

What a list of managers. Klopp made it until 2038 before being sacked (from 2023 to 2038 he won two league cups, two FA cups and a Europa league :lmao ) . Then Alessandro Nesta had the job for four glorious years in which he won nothing, then got sacked. Xabi Alonso for a year, won nothing, sacked. Thiago Motta for 200 days before quitting. Aaron Cresswell for 289 days before quitting (won an FA Cup). Then Max Aarons who won a Europa League (and some associated supercups) before being sacked with the club in the relegation zone. Some regen manager comes in and takes them down.

Happy days ahead for us all.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: December 27, 2023, 11:43:08 am »
Update on my LFC related post above, they've just been relegated in 2047 and finances are "In Debt". Sheesh.

What a list of managers. Klopp made it until 2038 before being sacked (from 2023 to 2038 he won two league cups, two FA cups and a Europa league :lmao ) . Then Alessandro Nesta had the job for four glorious years in which he won nothing, then got sacked. Xabi Alonso for a year, won nothing, sacked. Thiago Motta for 200 days before quitting. Aaron Cresswell for 289 days before quitting (won an FA Cup). Then Max Aarons who won a Europa League (and some associated supercups) before being sacked with the club in the relegation zone. Some regen manager comes in and takes them down.

Everton would kill for that kind of success.

Online Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #542 on: December 31, 2023, 01:58:56 pm »
Anyone else have an issue with Nunez and offsides? I know he gets caught a fair amount in real life, but he's been caught offside 33 times in my first 11 league matches, including 6 times in 1 match. Scores shitloads of offside goals too which is infuriating.

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #543 on: January 11, 2024, 05:05:04 pm »

I took the Liverpool job after they were relegated. Sold about 25 players to completely rebalance the club's books. Gone down to a wage budget of £1.6m in the championship.

Well on course to go straight back up, but the highlight of the season so far has been a trip to Old Trafford in the 4th round of the League Cup. Bearing in mind I'm in the Championship and they'd come 2nd in the league the previous season. I think they rested a few players but were 2-0 inside 20 minutes so I was expecting the worst. Then my players woke up and ended up running out 8-2 winners :lmao Glorious.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: January 13, 2024, 10:44:48 pm »
Just came second to them bastards because I lost all my DMs in January, won the LC and EL though. Nunez scored 25 in the league alone for me.

Haaland scored 45.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: January 31, 2024, 08:20:38 am »
Got the touch version of FM 24 for the Mac. First season with Liverpool. Only signed Tchouameni. Beat City 5-1 to go two points clear at the top with 2 games to go. Next game, same team, full vitality and moral lost 2-1 to Sheffield Utd and so came 2nd. Forgot how frustrating these FM games are.

Not played it since the champ manager 2 days. Quite a bits changed for example your assistant makes loads of recommendations from formation to team talks, heard you have to follow the assistants advice otherwise it won’t work. They want 4-3-3 gegenpress. If I decide to change formation and tactics is it less likely to work as you are going against the advice?. Seems the game does a lot of the thinking for you.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 08:24:41 am by red1977 »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #546 on: January 31, 2024, 12:14:16 pm »
You don't have to listen to the assistant at all. Do as you please.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: January 31, 2024, 01:03:02 pm »
You don't have to listen to the assistant at all. Do as you please.

Ok, nice. Thanks.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: March 30, 2024, 11:16:53 am »
Anyone else have an issue with Nunez and offsides? I know he gets caught a fair amount in real life, but he's been caught offside 33 times in my first 11 league matches, including 6 times in 1 match. Scores shitloads of offside goals too which is infuriating.

Sounds realistic to me
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #549 on: April 1, 2024, 03:11:27 am »
Started a new save with Liverpool after the update, made a formation close to real life with trent inverting etc. It seems to have just, worked?

22 games in and I've won 18, drawn 4, scoring 43 and only conceding 6.

I tried to do something similar when the game first released and I had to give it up as a bad job because I was getting battered  ;D
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: April 1, 2024, 05:17:24 pm »