Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 336881 times)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7880 on: April 25, 2024, 01:22:34 pm »
Yeah. Sounds like they own about half of Manchester and they’ve invested in loads of other areas too. Our shite government need the UAE far more than they need us. I just can’t see anyone having the balls to get these charges to stick when they can just threaten to walk away from everything they’ve invested in.

Probably not one for the Arsenal thread, apart them being the ones impacted by them over the last year or two.

Some people are adamant that City will get punished, I highly doubt it, for some of the reasons you mentioned and others. Mostly to do with greed.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7881 on: April 25, 2024, 01:40:03 pm »
Some people are adamant that City will get punished, I highly doubt it, for some of the reasons you mentioned and others. Mostly to do with greed.

They will likely get a fine is my guess.

No point worrying or bothering about the game if we are right and they don’t get punished.

I’d quite happily walk away from top level footy it’s hard to do obviously but it’s something I could do and just enjoy lower league stuff.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7882 on: April 25, 2024, 01:42:51 pm »
They will likely get a fine is my guess.

No point worrying or bothering about the game if we are right and they don’t get punished.

I’d quite happily walk away from top level footy it’s hard to do obviously but it’s something I could do and just enjoy lower league stuff.

If they are found guilty it will not just be a fine, the other clubs would put pressure on the authorities to properly punish them. You are underestimating how angry the other clubs got, if they are ever found guilty, this will develop into a huge story.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7883 on: April 25, 2024, 02:40:03 pm »
If they are found guilty it will not just be a fine, the other clubs would put pressure on the authorities to properly punish them. You are underestimating how angry the other clubs got, if they are ever found guilty, this will develop into a huge story.

We’ll have to wait and see won’t we.

Clubs can be angry all they like but you have no options to appeal anything the only way is for the clubs to all say fuck this let’s start a breakaway league without them and that not happen.

We’ve been denied two clear pens against top 2 at Anfield they aren’t subjective ones either they are both absolutely NAILED ON and then you have the most rigged match in the last 5 years at Spurs we got a sorry and to STFU now.

Look at how much money UAE/Saudi pump into the UK we need that money as a country as it’s billions and you can be sure as shit they will lean on our govt to make this happen.

FIFA are also massively in with Qatar/Saudi too basically they are running the show now.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7884 on: April 25, 2024, 03:38:29 pm »
That's football fans being football fans, rob. We are all so lost in those petty rivalries we have that when something like this can happen, no one sees it. It's like the pricing in football, fans from all clubs should have united against that, but they won't because toxic rivalries seem to be more important. So football will continue to bugger the fans and price them out of the game. It's the same with this, as its only when you get beaten, they you appreciate how shit it all is.

Our own bloody fans can't even unite on that front now, the amount of shit SOS and SK1906 are getting for daring to fight the 2% rise is shocking, selfish bastards who fail to see the bigger picture.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7885 on: April 25, 2024, 03:49:16 pm »

Nah, they'll get a massive fine and enough of a points deduction to look severe but keep them safe.
They might even appeal that for years as well. They can afford to.
In the meantime they'll chip away at the rules with Saudi until they own the game here.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7886 on: April 25, 2024, 04:47:12 pm »
I don’t expect Liverpool fans to cheer us on, doesn’t really bother me either way, as others have pointed out, each person will have their own reasons for who they’d prefer to win it.

My only gripe is claiming all Arsenal fans wanted to City to win it over Liverpool. I can tell you that certainly wasn’t the case for the Arsenal guys on here, and for a few Arsenal fans I know. The fact Liverpool could win it through being such a well run club against City actually gave me great hope that it actually can be done.

People will have their own personal experience or interactions of that time of course, but it certainly seems different from mine.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #7887 on: April 25, 2024, 04:51:30 pm »
I won't be "cheering" Arsenal on but I think they can win it for the same reasons I thought we could win it before things unfolded the way they did.

Ultimately we've fallen away as our lads have looked off since the internationals but Arsenal are still playing good stuff even though they've had a few wobbles and City I'm sure will drop points again.
Thing is I do think Arsenal will too with the fixtures they have...but they've a decent chance still
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7888 on: April 25, 2024, 05:27:38 pm »
I don’t expect Liverpool fans to cheer us on, doesn’t really bother me either way, as others have pointed out, each person will have their own reasons for who they’d prefer to win it.

My only gripe is claiming all Arsenal fans wanted to City to win it over Liverpool. I can tell you that certainly wasn’t the case for the Arsenal guys on here, and for a few Arsenal fans I know. The fact Liverpool could win it through being such a well run club against City actually gave me great hope that it actually can be done.

People will have their own personal experience or interactions of that time of course, but it certainly seems different from mine.

Yeah, I don't get exposed to many Arsenal fans, but the ones I did were right twats about it all. Loving the covid season when they thought the season would be a cancelled, laughing when ADFC pipped us, fidn anti scouse shite funny, proper anyone but the scousers brigade.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7889 on: April 25, 2024, 05:33:13 pm »

I know the Arsenal fans on here were supportive of us when we were going for the title. I would always prefer a proper club to win it rather than the sports washers. Let's see if you manage to beat Spurs and whether City manage to win tonight. I still feel there is a twist in this title fight somehow.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7890 on: April 25, 2024, 05:34:51 pm »
Thing is I do think Arsenal will too with the fixtures they have...but they've a decent chance still
Yes, our fixtures are tough. To win, we need Abu Dhabi to slip up twice, not once.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7891 on: April 25, 2024, 05:35:56 pm »
i like arsenal more but want city to win it.

it's a nothing burger if city win but will mean more if arsenal win.

yes i'm bitter like that.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7892 on: April 25, 2024, 05:53:06 pm »
The having to watch and hope that city drop points only to be devastated by another late goal/dodgy VAR call now sits with Arsenal, as it did last season to be fair, although Arsenal done what we done this season and imploded last year.

At least we avoid that now, which is absolutely of zero comfort after our recent performances and results.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7893 on: April 25, 2024, 06:00:28 pm »
i like arsenal more but want city to win it.

it's a nothing burger if city win but will mean more if arsenal win.

yes i'm bitter like that.

I think most Liverpool fans will feel similar to this. Personally I don't have the energy to care either way. If City win it's shrug shoulders (and probably help some ante-post bets). If Arsenal win then fair play because they've shown they're not a one-season fluke now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7894 on: April 25, 2024, 06:18:49 pm »
Yes, our fixtures are tough. To win, we need Abu Dhabi to slip up twice, not once.

Do you? Aren’t you two points behind if both teams keep winning and get to level games? And you have a better GD.

I’m scared to look at the table so apologies if I’m wrong.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7895 on: April 25, 2024, 06:25:40 pm »

No you don’t.

You are four points ahead of them. If they draw a game and win the others then your GD will be superior.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7896 on: April 25, 2024, 06:37:26 pm »
The having to watch and hope that city drop points only to be devastated by another late goal/dodgy VAR call now sits with Arsenal, as it did last season to be fair, although Arsenal done what we done this season and imploded last year.

At least we avoid that now, which is absolutely of zero comfort after our recent performances and results.

I think we overachieved last season like you overachieved this, but I understand its no comfort when you see your team throw points away against inferior teams. The best measure is pre season expectations though and we exceeded them then and you exceeded them now.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7897 on: April 25, 2024, 06:39:19 pm »
I think most Liverpool fans will feel similar to this. Personally I don't have the energy to care either way. If City win it's shrug shoulders (and probably help some ante-post bets). If Arsenal win then fair play because they've shown they're not a one-season fluke now.
We're out of it so who cares? Not like who we want to win matters anyway.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7898 on: April 25, 2024, 07:27:28 pm »
Another meaningless win for the cheats, please. Don''t want these shithouses or their fans anywhere near success.

Nobody cared when we were getting pipped to the title on the final day of the season by the cheats, now it's time for them to taste their own medicine.

We all know City's titles have a big dirty asterix beside them. Arsenal winning wouldn't. Plus, they'd be the only team to actually beat a City side led by Pep to the title in a title race to the end. No thanks.

This for me too. Yep, I'm petty. They didn't give a fuck when it was us, quite the opposite actually. And I despise Arteta and his diving cheats. Also what's allowed go on here with Arsenal fans is fuckin ridiculous as well.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #7899 on: April 25, 2024, 07:31:14 pm »
This for me too. Yep, I'm petty. They didn't give a fuck when it was us, quite the opposite actually. And I despise Arteta and his diving cheats. Also what's allowed go on here with Arsenal fans is fuckin ridiculous as well.
What’s allowed to go on? (Don’t come in this thread very often)

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7900 on: April 25, 2024, 07:36:27 pm »

Yeah, your view is not a surprise Tony!  ;D

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7901 on: April 25, 2024, 07:42:24 pm »
Yeah, your view is not a surprise Tony!  ;D

For the record I've said you lot will win it since February and still think you will. Just gutted I didn't back it back in February at 11/2 because then you wouldn't win it for sure haha

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7902 on: April 25, 2024, 07:44:17 pm »
DIE THREAD DIE!

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7903 on: April 25, 2024, 07:48:05 pm »

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7904 on: April 25, 2024, 08:02:46 pm »
Maybe we should all just join an Arsenal forum and see how welcomed we are.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #7905 on: April 25, 2024, 08:20:41 pm »
City will win all their matches and their season will mean fuck all. 2nd is like 3rd and like 4th. Atleast we won the League Cup

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7906 on: April 25, 2024, 08:34:15 pm »
Come on Arsenal!

To the people mentioning Arsenal fans not wanting us to win the league, remember how Arsenal fans observed the minute's silence for Hillsborough last year and compare that to those classless Mancs.

It's no contest for me. I also think Arsenal genuinely deserve to win it, they've been the best team in the league this season (and yes, the diving annoys me too).
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7907 on: April 25, 2024, 08:34:29 pm »
ADFC 2 up inside 30 mins

Do you? Aren’t you two points behind if both teams keep winning and get to level games? And you have a better GD.

I’m scared to look at the table so apologies if I’m wrong.

Yep ADFC will be two clear on level games after tonight, got an easy run in too
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7908 on: April 25, 2024, 08:38:46 pm »
Worst feeling ever isn't this Arsenal fans? Watching this robotic corrupt machine ease through the run-in is not fun.

You are unfortunate the Spurs away for City wasn't earlier in the season.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7909 on: April 25, 2024, 08:38:52 pm »
ADFC 2 up inside 30 mins

Yep ADFC will be two clear on level games after tonight, got an easy run in too

No they still have a game in hand after tonight but will still be a point behind.

This has been a no contest by Brighton.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7910 on: April 25, 2024, 08:39:29 pm »
No they still have a game in hand after tonight but will still be a point behind.

You best get used to it

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #7911 on: April 25, 2024, 08:43:59 pm »

Get used to it I'm afraid. Most teams roll over to City. In 2019 when they won something like 15 on the bounce I think they only went a goal behind once and that was the last game ironically against Brighton for about 10 minutes. It's not just teams rolling over to them it's also the fact they exert fuck all energy in winning

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7912 on: April 25, 2024, 08:44:51 pm »
You best get used to it

De Zerbi is an absolute clown, believing his own hype, how to outpass Man City while conceding 3 goals in 10 mins. Im sure Pep will tell us afterwards how hes bewitched by Brightons style of play. This was their second easiest game left after Spurs away.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7913 on: April 25, 2024, 08:49:09 pm »
You best get used to it

Not having a go at North Bank here but it’s not quite so funny when it isn’t Liverpool on the end of 115FC infallible unbeaten runs.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #7914 on: April 25, 2024, 08:54:07 pm »
If this was the Arsenal of 10 years ago, I wouldn't begrudge them the league. Their manager and players are so unlikeable that I can't help but not want them to win it because of that. I know plenty of sound Arsenal fans, but this league and country deserves Abu Dhabi to win it yet again. Maybe then people will realise what we've been saying against the wind for the past 10 years.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7915 on: April 25, 2024, 08:54:24 pm »
Question for the Arsenal fans in here!   

When we were going toe to toe with the cheats,  who were you rooting for?   Please be truthful

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7916 on: April 25, 2024, 08:55:55 pm »
Not having a go at North Bank here but it’s not quite so funny when it isn’t Liverpool on the end of 115FC infallible unbeaten runs.

In watching the darts. Football is overrated

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7917 on: April 25, 2024, 08:57:45 pm »
If this was the Arsenal of 10 years ago, I wouldn't begrudge them the league. Their manager and players are so unlikeable that I can't help but not want them to win it because of that. I know plenty of sound Arsenal fans, but this league and country deserves Abu Dhabi to win it yet again. Maybe then people will realise what we've been saying against the wind for the past 10 years.
Definitely. They are such unlikeable characters that it is impossible to actually want them to win.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7918 on: April 25, 2024, 09:02:40 pm »
Question for the Arsenal fans in here!   

When we were going toe to toe with the cheats,  who were you rooting for?   Please be truthful

Liverpool 100%. But it didnt matter that much. Us finishing above 8th was more of a concern.
We were so far away from challenging that I didnt really look closely at how brutal it is to compete with these dodgy robots. .
Always hated the c*nts though, them and Chelsea ruined everything we worked hard for. Id only want them to win if it was against spurs. Id still respect spurs more.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7919 on: April 25, 2024, 09:10:43 pm »
Liverpool 100%. But it didnt matter that much. Us finishing above 8th was more of a concern.
We were so far away from challenging that I didnt really look closely at how brutal it is to compete with these dodgy robots. .
Always hated the c*nts though, them and Chelsea ruined everything we worked hard for. Id only want them to win if it was against spurs. Id still respect spurs more.
Decent shout, if true.