Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520103 times)

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #3040 on: May 16, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »
Firstly I would just like to say how disapointed i have been since Sunday that this thread has gone on about the smoke rather than the "great away support". I love reading this thread after an away and getting the gen on what happened at various points during the day and whether I agree with what people say about the actual atmosphere in the ground. I had a great time sunday. My brother who is 58 didnt like the explosions but loved the smoke, I, on the other hand, loved both.

Something that is always going to be divisive should not be allowed to hijack a thread like this, it takes away what I saw on Sunday and a few thousand Reds getting behind a lacklustre team in the first half and cheering them to another great away victory!

My view? like silk scarves it is a fad that will burn bright for a while and fade away. Some of you more knowledgeable and longstanding followers should be aware of this and look with an disapproving eye not a lambasting tongue and appreciate that these young lads will eventually find their own feet and way of following our great club. 
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3041 on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:59 pm »
Fulham - LFC

I heard one song I never heard before(I was in the neutral area, but quite a lot of ppl were singing along it seemed).

I'm looking for it, if anyone can help..
it was NOT the following songs:
ynwa
fields of anfield road
oh when the reds
riise song
coutinho song
we'll be coming
poor scouser tommy
luis garcia
suarez

if anyone could help, much appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:10:53 pm by boesmans »

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #3042 on: May 20, 2013, 02:12:38 pm »
Fulham - LFC

I heard one song I never heard before(I was in the neutral area, but quite a lot of ppl were singing along it seemed).

ynwa
fields of anfield road
oh when the reds
riise song
coutinho song
we'll be coming
poor scouser tommy
luis garcia
suarez

So if its not any of the above ??? ??? 

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley ?
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: May 20, 2013, 02:33:26 pm »
Every other Saurday?
We'll be coming down the road
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3044 on: May 20, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »
Oh Campione?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3045 on: May 20, 2013, 02:40:18 pm »
Said Bertie Mee

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3046 on: May 20, 2013, 02:41:16 pm »
Sure I heard a blast of the maxi song
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: May 20, 2013, 02:44:53 pm »
Fulham - LFC

ynwa
fields of anfield road
oh when the reds
riise song
coutinho song
we'll be coming
poor scouser tommy
luis garcia
suarez

KC and the sunshine band tune?

Maggies in the box, in the box

Ma-ggies in the box

nana n-nah n-nah n-nah nah nah nah
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #3048 on: May 20, 2013, 02:48:29 pm »
I think the point he's making, is that if they were harmful there would surely be some information somewhere that explains what the risk is, what causes the risk and what the short term and long term effects would be. I searched all over the place and couldn't find anything.

What we seem to have is people looking at the smoke and assuming it must be dangerous because smoke from fires is dangerous.

Whether or not smoke bombs are dangerous is not a matter of opinion. The fact that they are sold for use by the public and are designed to be used in paint-balling etc for people to conceal themselves and walk through, suggests there is no risk, or at least no significant risk. Therefore it's up to you to demonstrate what the risks are.

And the fact that they are banned does not prove they are dangerous. All liquids in bottles over 100ml are banned on flights - not because all liquids are dangerous, but as a catch-all to deal with those that are.

In some ways, banning them is a greater risk to safety than allowing 'stadium-safe' smoke bombs into the grounds, as it increases the risk that some muppet will smuggle a firework in.

Exactly. The burden of proof is on the believer, not the sceptic.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3049 on: May 20, 2013, 03:28:13 pm »
Said Bertie Mee

this is the one, thanks a lot mate!

i didnt hear the new maggie song that day tho :(

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3050 on: May 21, 2013, 04:46:25 am »
Said Bertie Mee
To Bill Shankly
"Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury ?"
Shanks said "No,
I don't think so,
But I've heard of the Anny Road aggro"

can someone explain the lyrics please?

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3051 on: May 21, 2013, 01:01:07 pm »
A...G...
A...G...R...
A..G...R...O
AGRO!!!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #3052 on: May 21, 2013, 01:03:47 pm »
"The only man ever to enter the Houses of Parliament with honest intentions".

George Bernard Shaw.

Brilliant that mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #3053 on: May 21, 2013, 01:51:57 pm »
It's all very well saying
"Support the team as we've always done, with flags and banners and wit and songs"
However, it's worth remembering that much of the customs that are now engrained in our 'culture' were once new, fresh and exciting and not a part of our 'tradition'.

Pryo is a manifestation of that - the new generation introducing something new and fresh into the mix.
Look at Rome 77 - Union Jacks were all over the place and they wouldn't be considered acceptable now. Who drove that change? It wasn't the same people that brought those flags to the Olimpico, it was a younger generation that rejected that iconography and associating it to Liverpool.

It's a force for change, whether you like it or not and it's absolutely the right of the youth to impose that change on our support, as it was for all the preceeding generations.
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: May 21, 2013, 06:58:29 pm »
"Support the team as we've always done, with flags and banners and wit and songs"
However, it's worth remembering that much of the customs that are now engrained in our 'culture' were once new, fresh and exciting and not a part of our 'tradition'.

Pryo is a manifestation of that - the new generation introducing something new and fresh into the mix.
Look at Rome 77 - Union Jacks were all over the place and they wouldn't be considered acceptable now. Who drove that change? It wasn't the same people that brought those flags to the Olimpico, it was a younger generation that rejected that iconography and associating it to Liverpool.

It's a force for change, whether you like it or not and it's absolutely the right of the youth to impose that change on our support, as it was for all the preceeding generations.
Well I was right in the middle of our end in the Olympic Stadium in Rome in 1977 and I'm struggling to remember a single Union Flag. There was a sea of red and white chequered flags but I have no recollection of any Union Flags at all, much less that they were "all over the place". Perhaps you're thinking of the 1966 World Cup final at Wembley, but you're dead wrong about Rome '77. I know because I was there

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #3055 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32:50 pm »
Well I was right in the middle of our end in the Olympic Stadium in Rome in 1977 and I'm struggling to remember a single Union Flag. There was a sea of red and white chequered flags but I have no recollection of any Union Flags at all, much less that they were "all over the place". Perhaps you're thinking of the 1966 World Cup final at Wembley, but you're dead wrong about Rome '77. I know because I was there

Your right mate. I can see two or three but thats it.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: May 21, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »
Your right mate. I can see two or three but thats it.

You must be good at wheres wally cos I can only see the big fucking one in the middle

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #3057 on: May 21, 2013, 08:52:10 pm »
You must be good at wheres wally cos I can only see the big fucking one in the middle

Three times North Western League Champion.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #3058 on: May 21, 2013, 08:53:43 pm »

This is an excellent point, well made.  I've definitely seen a few Union Jacks in old photos from trips from the Paisley era, however any discussion regarding the number of Union flags isn't really relevant to the point that is being made.  That was just one example that was highlighted as a way to demonstrate the changes in the nature of our away support over time. 
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3059 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:35 pm »
Better get health and safety on that..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-xRbSdPKXo?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u-xRbSdPKXo?fs=1</a>

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #3060 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:22 am »

I'll raise your one Union Jack to the eight I can spot.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:20 am »
Looked at the picture on facebook,counted at least 11,can't see my red ensign with LFC on though,pity cos on the train on the way  home waved the flag out of the window,next thing all i had was a stick!!!

Offline TheLeftSide

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3062 on: May 22, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »
Said Bertie Mee
To Bill Shankly
"Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury ?"
Shanks said "No,
I don't think so,
But I've heard of the Anny Road aggro"

can someone explain the lyrics please?

Comes from the 1971 cup final - saying our fans aree more famous than theirs

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #3063 on: May 22, 2013, 02:41:27 pm »
I think the point he's making, is that if they were harmful there would surely be some information somewhere that explains what the risk is, what causes the risk and what the short term and long term effects would be. I searched all over the place and couldn't find anything.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/etis3.pdf

I checked a few websites, and none of them look very 'official'. Who knows what they are being made with? None of the websites have MSDS or COSHH available.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: May 22, 2013, 07:39:37 pm »
Better get health and safety on that..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-xRbSdPKXo?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u-xRbSdPKXo?fs=1</a>

Holy fuck.

Imagine this happening in the Craven Cottage away end.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3065 on: May 22, 2013, 09:01:17 pm »

You need new bins lad
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: May 23, 2013, 12:11:49 pm »

One in the middle, one just below the word Francia, one near the very front row in between the two stewards, two more along the very very back row, one in the very front row at the bottom left, and one in the very middle towards the right of the picture.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: May 23, 2013, 02:47:50 pm »
Union Jacks all over the gaff. I wasn't there but I have seen plenty of pictures from the 1970s and 1980s.

Unless I mean the World Cup final, which was a decade previous, in a different stadium/country and based around a different team.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3068 on: May 23, 2013, 04:42:56 pm »
One in the middle, one just below the word Francia, one near the very front row in between the two stewards, two more along the very very back row, one in the very front row at the bottom left, and one in the very middle towards the right of the picture.
Cockneys.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #3069 on: May 23, 2013, 07:10:55 pm »
Unless I mean the World Cup final, which was a decade previous, in a different stadium/country and based around a different team.
:) classic!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3070 on: May 25, 2013, 08:20:15 am »

As was I.  No union flags at all.  Never been our thing. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Online jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:08 am »
As was I.  No union flags at all.  Never been our thing. 

I remember John Smith making this very point after Heysel, when he was asked if he thought the violence was down to nationalistic rivalries. Although there may have been one or 2 dotted around, it was never a very common thing as with other clubs.

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #3072 on: May 25, 2013, 11:13:33 am »
Paris 1981

It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #3073 on: May 25, 2013, 11:25:14 am »
Guy fawkes was a Scouser.

That would make a boss banner for away days.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3074 on: May 25, 2013, 11:27:42 am »
Good pic that Mivi :)

Love the 'Halewood Nasties' banner!!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: May 25, 2013, 03:35:47 pm »
Good pic that Mivi :)

Love the 'Halewood Nasties' banner!!

Boss that, and the lads with the jumpers and  the haircuts bottom right. Marvelous

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #3076 on: May 25, 2013, 03:52:58 pm »
Well you can see at least one union flag there plus a couple of union hats! And that was at least two hours before kick off.

Apologies for the quality - luckily the football was of a much higher standard.

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #3077 on: July 14, 2013, 02:59:19 pm »

Not bad for a Friendly
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3078 on: July 14, 2013, 03:28:34 pm »
great to see this thread ner the top again, matchdays are just around the corner. I can smell the freshy cut grass
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: July 14, 2013, 03:38:34 pm »
Made some racket yesterday despite it being a friendly. Great to hear.