Author Topic: 3,2,1 And You're Back in the Room - Olympique Lyonnais - July Wed 31st 18:00  (Read 145994 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Bradford with a dangerous run down the right but the cross is easily claimed by Atherton
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
This half is a perfect example of why we should temper our appraisal of the young players. Plenty of flaws being exposed today that show youthful inexperience.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Is this still Maddley refereeing? That looked a dog rough decision
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Jones just casually stroking the ball around. I like it. He's definitely not lacking in confidence in his technique!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
This half is a perfect example of why we should temper our appraisal of the young players. Plenty of flaws being exposed today that show youthful inexperience.

Yeah but the ones in the first half are a little further ahead than the second half lads I think

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Millar breaks into the area from the left, Bradford clear it for a corner.

To be taken by Lewis. Poor corner. Liverpool have possession though

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Must have been a pitch invasion?

Play was stopped.. Didn't show was it was tho

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
What was the game stopped for?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Any defender can misjudge a tackle, it's all part of learning the game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Yeah but the ones in the first half are a little further ahead than the second half lads I think

I'd say so, they started at 3 o'clock ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Woodburn battles well to get the ball in the area, Jones on the left centres it. Some decent play then back to Gomez. Hoever claims it well from a long high cross.

But Liverpool lose possesion and Bradford attack. Easily handled by Liverpool

The game seems to be petering out

87:11 gone

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Any defender can misjudge a tackle, it's all part of learning the game.

I'm not talking about the tackle.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Lewis is not ready as a back up LB

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
Jones has been great!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
that second ha...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
FT 3-1

Nice win. Money raised for Darby-Rimmer foundation and the lads came through it without any injuries.

Job done

:)

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
Second half was hard work!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Many a career has been made in 45 minutes of a pre season friendly

Oh wait...
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Ahhhhh Fabinho  8) Running the show.

Of the two young left backs, Adam Lewis (despite the peno!) seems to 'have it' more. Certainly from an attacking perspective.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not talking about the tackle.

Bradford have adjusted more in the second half, also the pitch wasn't watered which hasn't helped. There was enough promising performances. The likes of Jones, Miller and Lewis. It didn't help Ben that most othe attacking was down the left side today.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan

Not sure about that. He did okay. Made one mistake, but that happens to experienced senior pros as well.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
First half better than the second but no surprise given who played and who didn't. Good run out

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

And you have decided that on two pre-season friendlies? He would be a very decent back up.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Jones has been our best player in that half. He's got plenty of strengths to his game, control on the ball, passing, making runs, everything is good. Millar was the other one who had some promising moments, apart from that we didn't quite do much here.

Hoever is good on the ball, but maybe he has lessons to be learnt tactically in playing RB for us. Lewis is much more dynamic than Larouci, but seems to be a bit more of risk taker, whereas Larouci is a bit more calm.

But yes. A decent run-out in all.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
Be positive. The centre back beside whoever plays left-back will be Virgil Van Dijk.  :wave

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Bradford have adjusted more in the second half, also the pitch wasn't watered which hasn't helped. There was enough promising performances. The likes of Jones, Miller and Lewis. It didn't help Ben that most othe attacking was down the left side today.

I agree about the promising performances, Jill mate, so I don't mean this in an argumentative way, but I saw missed passes, badly timed runs, passes left short, safe passes when a better risk was on, passes played behind the runner, and players moving into spaces already occupied by another player. These are things that have to be eliminated from a player's game as much as possible to be an elite first team player.

If anyone wants to know a key factor in being an elite performer, then here is one big element - elimination of basic errors. As the old saying goes - "amateurs practice until they can do it right. Professionals practice until they can't do it wrong".

We have a lot of youth potential, but we have to be careful as supporters not to go overboard with our appraisals and predictions for the future - and thus, our expectations - for these lads. They have some talent, but they have to learn how to harness that talent into consistent ability. If they do, then we'll have a very great core team available for the future to build around. If not, though, then they'll mostly go the way of the majority of academy products, sadly.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I agree about the promising performances, Jill mate, so I don't mean this in an argumentative way, but I saw missed passes, badly timed runs, passes left short, safe passes when a better risk was on, passes played behind the runner, and players moving into spaces already occupied by another player. These are things that have to be eliminated from a player's game as much as possible to be an elite first team player.

If anyone wants to know a key factor in being an elite performer, then here is one big element - elimination of basic errors. As the old saying goes - "amateurs practice until they can do it right. Professionals practice until they can't do it wrong".

We have a lot of youth potential, but we have to be careful as supporters not to go overboard with our appraisals and predictions for the future - and thus, our expectations - for these lads. They have some talent, but they have to learn how to harness that talent into consistent ability. If they do, then we'll have a very great core team available for the future to build around. If not, though, then they'll mostly go the way of the majority of academy products, sadly.

Not really. Makes no odds. All clubs have fans who do this. It won't change. No point worrying about it! Has sod all impact on who the manager picks. Just leads to a bunch of people on football forums bickering and pretending they know better than the manager and his coaches  ;D

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Think Larouci edged Lewis over the two games, he and Hoever should be on the tour.

Door is still open for Kent and Wilson to impress and be in the squad this season - think Wilson is more likely to be kept if the two. Good to see Curtis Jones looking stronger and more composed in and out of possession.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

I don't think anyone is over-hyping anyone to be honest. But I do think Bradford organised themselves a lot better in the second half, so that team had more things to work out then the team who played in the first half. Also Duncan is very inexperienced although he has come off the back of a very good last season, so that has to be tempered. Even Milner mentioned the pitch which was not that good, so it was obvious there was going to be more mis-placed passes on it. You also have to take into account the fact that these teams have only just come back from the break, so it is going to be bitty to start off with. Of course, some of the lads took the wrong choices but that's just their inexperience showing, how do you gain experience if you don't get the chance to play and learn? As far as I'm concerned its all good so far and not the time for definite decisions yet.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Think Larouci edged Lewis over the two games, he and Hoever should be on the tour.

Door is still open for Kent and Wilson to impress and be in the squad this season - think Wilson is more likely to be kept if the two. Good to see Curtis Jones looking stronger and more composed in and out of possession.

I really like Larouci but I think he needs another year at the Academy, I would say Lewis is ahead of him despite his mistake today. Curtis Jones was the standout young player in the second half, the way he kept the ball from the entire Bradford defence at one stage, was the highlight of that half.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think there is a chance for Kent here.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I really like Larouci but I think he needs another year at the Academy, I would say Lewis is ahead of him despite his mistake today. Curtis Jones was the standout young player in the second half, the way he kept the ball from the entire Bradford defence at one stage, was the highlight of that half.

After watching them both last season, think Larouci is the better prospect - stronger, faster, more physical, more athletic, more incisive.

I like them both a lot, but Larouci has more to his game IMO, and is developing at a faster rate.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
I get the same feeling about Wilson as well.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I get the same feeling about Wilson as well.

There might be but they’re both a few years older than the likes of Brewster, Jones and Hoever and don’t look like they’re at the same level currently

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Milner's goal took a slight deflection, no?

And Wilson looks a bit like a very young, reverse-part Nando... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Not sure about that. He did okay. Made one mistake, but that happens to experienced senior pros as well.
How would you rate him using the Albie scale - better, same, worse?

• Legacy Fan
Klopp:

On showing support for Darby and his foundation…

Very important information, I would say: if you play one game for Liverpool’s first team or 400, it doesn’t matter – you are one of us. That’s what the club showed today and [Bradford] showed it as well. It was a really nice opportunity for us to show the support for Stephen and his family.

On the game and Liverpool’s performance…

For the first 30 minutes I would say we were very confident, we did the right things in the right moments. Then we lost rhythm and didn’t get it back, to be honest. It looked a bit more rusty, but that’s how it is in pre-season very often, taking the wrong decisions and all that stuff. But it was still a wonderful third for Rhian’s goal, really nice. The goals were really, really good. Second half, we never really could get the rhythm so it was a bit boring to be honest. If you are not creative on a specific day, you have to use the simple solutions and then you need to be still direct, try to come behind the last line. But it’s normal, we have to feel things like this, you have to do things like this and then the manager has to criticise you and then you make the next step and everything is good again.

On the opportunity for young players during pre-season…

The door is always open, but the boys have to go through by themselves. It is always like this in each pre-season.

On whether Liverpool will look to bring in another left-back after the departure of Alberto Moreno…

We will see. What can I say? I said already, we have to think about everything and in the end maybe we do nothing, but we will see. Of course, as you can imagine, we will have a look at all the things around us. Of course we have lost a left-back and today you saw two pretty young ones, James [Milner] has played it and all that stuff. As I said, we will see.

On the thinking behind Adam Lallana playing in a deeper midfield role so far in pre-season…

Adam is this kind of player, he can play that no problem. He enjoys it obviously a lot! It’s about getting Adam the rhythm, bringing the things he is naturally good in: small spaces, keeping the ball, passing the ball and all that stuff, and then from time to time offering the runs in behind as well – especially together with Millie that’s possible. For us it’s another option to use. He just needs a bit of luck now [in terms of avoiding injury], that’s true. We have to come through [pre-season] without injuries, that would be cool, and we have a couple of ‘new’ players I would say, this season.

On opponents possibly having an added incentive to beat Liverpool this season due to their status as champions of Europe…

To be honest, last year we were second in Europe but everybody wanted to win against us! When we went to Newcastle I thought ‘OK, what are we playing today here for?’, the intensity was like a World Cup. I don’t think it will be more tough [to win], but it will be tough like always. I had to learn that pretty quick: when you are a Liverpool team and you go somewhere, they’re all really on their toes. That was never different, but we will be prepared for that for sure.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan

Have to agree with that. He may be able to have a PL career if things pan out perfectly for him, but he just is not good enough to make it here and never will be. Most players aren’t to be fair to him. Needs to move on.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.