Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 548136 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #9080 on: April 19, 2024, 11:19:44 am »
Xavi?
Get it's a joke, but interested where he ends up. Won La Liga in his first full season after turning it round after he got appointed. Best xg difference in all 3 seasons with what I'd say is a worse squad than Real Madrid's. Kind of surprised he's not been linked to any other jobs yet

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9081 on: April 19, 2024, 11:21:10 am »
Emery wpuld be a good apointment really would get the best out of our attack.
Xavi at Barca done well they have terrible recruitment

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9082 on: April 19, 2024, 11:25:45 am »
Wow, Nagelsmann has signed a new Germany deal
I sorta expected that, given their upturn in form. He would have been mad to go back to Bayern barely a year after they got rid of him.

I think it's good news for Jurgen, as he'll get a proper break now rather than jump back in to the German job next autumn. Spend some time with the family back home, boss, and if der nationalmannschaft come looking for him in 2026, that might be the one job to lure him back into work.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9083 on: April 19, 2024, 11:31:38 am »
Wow, Nagelsmann has signed a new Germany deal
Great news for us.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9084 on: April 19, 2024, 11:34:02 am »
wonder where will klopp go in a year?

Think he might comeback to us if we dont do too well next year.
Cant see him going to Italy maybe back to Dortmund

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #9085 on: April 19, 2024, 11:35:01 am »

:duh :duh

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9086 on: April 19, 2024, 11:35:01 am »

Hopefully he's still in a spa! What a toll this job has.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9087 on: April 19, 2024, 11:40:09 am »

Hopefully he's still in a spa! What a toll this job has.

He deserves so much better when you think how close he took us to multiple titles. When he goes the usual suspects will say he should have won more, not even mentioning the 115 Charges FC.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9088 on: April 19, 2024, 11:43:52 am »
Some mad takes on this manager, id give up one of my twins for him to stay.

are you harry kane?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9089 on: April 19, 2024, 12:27:18 pm »
Great news.

Bullet well and truly dodged.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9090 on: April 19, 2024, 12:28:02 pm »
Thoughts on when we'll find out who the next manager is?  Will they wait until after the final game so that all of the attention is rightly on Klopp and the team as we try to finish strong and win the league?  Or, will we find out earlier?

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9091 on: April 19, 2024, 12:46:24 pm »
Thoughts on when we'll find out who the next manager is?  Will they wait until after the final game so that all of the attention is rightly on Klopp and the team as we try to finish strong and win the league?  Or, will we find out earlier?

I think we might get a bomba from the reliable journalists maybe next month - ala "[Insert manager] looks set/most likely to be the new Liverpool manager next season" - but I don't think we'll get an official announcement until a good few weeks after the season is finished, probably June. The club will rightly want to focus on Klopp and what he's done for us for a little while after the season is done, rather than jumping to announce his replacement. Plus, no guarantee we'll actually have someone definitively in place by the the final game of the season...

What we might see is an announcement that our top choice is standing down from their current job, so I guess maybe we'd know earlier? Mind you Sporting's last game of the season isn't until 26 May...

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9092 on: April 19, 2024, 01:01:10 pm »

Think it depends more on what that manager is doing right now, then on us. He probably doesn't want to disrupt a team that's likely also at a very important point of their season.

Also I don't think we could announce a new manager before the last game. It'd undermine Klopp, if a game isn't going to plan, thede'd be loads of people asking why the new guy wasn't already involved etc.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9093 on: April 19, 2024, 01:19:40 pm »

Amorim will have the league sown up soon, but has a cup final on 26 May (a week after Klopp's final game). I'd expect if it's him that the official announcement will come after that match with Porto, probably very early June. But I think the direction of travel will be clearer much earlier, if it isn't already.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #9094 on: April 19, 2024, 01:28:55 pm »
He deserves so much better when you think how close he took us to multiple titles. When he goes the usual suspects will say he should have won more, not even mentioning the 115 Charges FC.
Most managers leave by getting fired though. That's the norm, and it's a select few that choose to leave.
He will still leave on a very positive note, although not the fairytale ending we had hoped for

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9095 on: April 19, 2024, 01:33:06 pm »
Most managers leave by getting fired though. That's the norm, and it's a select few that choose to leave.
He will still leave on a very positive note, although not the fairytale ending we had hoped for

That was never realistic considering the prime job was rebuilding the midfield, because we've been at the top of the league it feels far worse than what it actually should to my mind.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9096 on: April 19, 2024, 01:46:05 pm »
Well he is done, said so himself.

This is a key point that some people are overlooking. It's the reason he's leaving.

But it doesn't mean this is the reason for our current funk. Last season was terrible for us. This season was supposed to be about rebuilding, with a whole new midfield. Taking the season as a whole, we're massively overachieving, especially when you consider the injuries we've had. It does look like we've run out of steam now, but without Klopp's management this season, we'd probably be languishing around the same level as Chelsea in the table.

I do think a change will be good for us though. I've long thought that a large part of the reason for the mess United are in (for over 10 years now) is down to Ferguson staying on too long. Nine years feels like a long time for one person to be manager of a football club. Nothing lasts forever and if Klopp is at the end of his tether, things won't improve if he stays.

What makes it hard is that there clearly isn't anyone out there of Klopp's calibre who can take over. But I'm excited to see what next season brings for us. I get why some people are saying they're done with football after this season, because of the bigger picture with the corruption in the game at the highest levels and despicable nation states owning clubs, but I could never stop supporting Liverpool and I think there's lots to be optimistic about if we do get Amorim.

But only for a year. Lots of stress taking on the cheats year after year, so a rest would do him good.

Nah, it's time for him to walk away from the game for good. As others have said, he's earned it. It's sad but I don't think we'll see Klopp in a managerial role ever again.

Still don't see why we can't put our Pep in charge for a season and Klopp has a year off. He's still better than all the managers were linked with.

This has been gone over so many times over the past 200-odd pages. Not sure why it's still an idea in anyone's head.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9097 on: April 19, 2024, 01:53:04 pm »
Still don't see why we can't put our Pep in charge for a season and Klopp has a year off. He's still better than all the managers were linked with.

Quite a few reasons, primarily I think Pep decided to move on himself along with Klopp.

Also Pep failed in his only management job so far, he's got zero experience of managing a small club successfully let alone one of our size, that is a huge risk and I don't agree he is a better prospect v's names linked. He might be as good as a coach but as a manager and all that entails no I don't see it.

He's very wedded to the current tactical set up of inverted fullback (he implemented it at NEC) and bet his salary here on it working. It failed originaly here, he adapted it and it now works well but it's such a plan a and no plan anything else, and its too risky to build around Trent as when Trent doesn't play we look pretty lost. I just think it's too perfect a system and probably needs endless wealth to get the level of players needed to execute it perfectly.

I also (based on nothing firm) don't think he sees eye to eye with the likes of Edwards, Ward, Spearman etc. I think they disagree on what constitutes the right player for the club, especially when you look at the likes of Gakpo, Gravenberch.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9098 on: April 19, 2024, 02:00:51 pm »

I think we should all just take the man on his word. He wants new perspectives and just to enjoy life and the world for an indefinite period. I don’t bloody blame the great man one bit … football is going to the absolute shitter, and he’s exiting at a good time considering his age, status and wealth. World is his oyster and he can do whatever he wants.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the next German Chanceller, next Germany manager, next Japan manager, next Barcelona manager, next Stuttgart manager … all of this more likely than him making a return to us. He seems the kind of guy that closes a chapter and moves on. Returns are rarely sweet.

Whatever he does, Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool has been a fairytale and an amazing experience for me. Whatever happens at the end of this season won’t change that one bit.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9099 on: April 19, 2024, 02:33:22 pm »
Rumour is things are already changing at the training ground for the specs of the next man coming in. I wonder if it still says "Klopp" on the door of the manager's office still?   :D

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #9100 on: April 19, 2024, 02:37:18 pm »
Xavi?

Quite frankly shocked why nobody has brought him up as option so far
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9101 on: April 19, 2024, 02:37:38 pm »
Great news.

Did you give away the other twin to make that happen?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9102 on: April 19, 2024, 02:38:36 pm »
I did not know HArry Kane posted on RAWK and pretended to be a female too.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9103 on: April 19, 2024, 02:39:15 pm »
Rumour is things are already changing at the training ground for the specs of the next man coming in. I wonder if it still says "Klopp" on the door of the manager's office still?   :D

Guess the skateboard order got cancelled?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9104 on: April 19, 2024, 02:40:15 pm »
I did not know HArry Kane posted on RAWK and pretended to be a female too.

KH = HK
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9105 on: April 19, 2024, 02:44:45 pm »
 :o

I should;ve seen it mate. Harry has been here all along.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9106 on: April 19, 2024, 02:54:25 pm »
I wonder if Klopp would take the Bayern job

I know obviously they were huge rivals but I don't think he necessarily ruled it out as a job

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9107 on: April 19, 2024, 03:01:36 pm »
Did you give away the other twin to make that happen?

Im keeping one twin no matter what, but i have another on the way and that will be reserved for a future sacrifice.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #9108 on: April 19, 2024, 03:03:37 pm »
If you’re not sacrificing your’re kids can anyone even call themselves a Top Red.
I've not got kids, is it OK if I sacrifice someone else's kids?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9109 on: April 19, 2024, 03:28:58 pm »

I know obviously they were huge rivals but I don't think he necessarily ruled it out as a job

Which bit of he's absolutley fucked did you not get? Do you think he's lying when he said he wants a full year out? 

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9110 on: April 19, 2024, 03:31:44 pm »
Quite frankly shocked why nobody has brought him up as option so far

Could he be the out of left field option?  As we look around, Amorim seems to be the top option, but if that doesn’t work out, of the remaining names, Xavi doesn’t look so bad and ticks a few boxes.
King Kenny.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9111 on: April 19, 2024, 03:32:01 pm »
I've not got kids, is it OK if I sacrifice someone else's kids?

I did once - then they wanted to put me in jail!!

Offline Funkster

• Main Stander
« Reply #9112 on: April 19, 2024, 03:32:57 pm »

Jesus wept…
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9113 on: April 19, 2024, 03:46:28 pm »
Im keeping one twin no matter what, but i have another on the way and that will be reserved for a future sacrifice.

My God! 😀

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9114 on: April 19, 2024, 04:27:14 pm »
Does that mean we're back in for De Zerbi? There's no one shorter than him.

We're honestly sleeping on De Zerbi. Would want Amorim first choice but I still maintain De Zerbi would wreak havoc with our players.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9115 on: April 19, 2024, 04:28:53 pm »
He'd use up evrey hair gel at Kirkby.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9116 on: April 19, 2024, 04:31:34 pm »
Rumours that Zidane is going to be the one Bayern want in the Summer.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9117 on: April 19, 2024, 04:32:25 pm »
Good, we don't do bald either.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9118 on: April 19, 2024, 04:46:45 pm »

LFC Interview:

“What are your qualifications?”

I’ve won two league titles and one Champions League, playing high intensity football with high xG and low xG against.  I am fluent in English and speak two other languages which will help integrate staff and players.

“How are your relationships with nerds?”

My best mate is a nerd.  So is my brother.

“How are you with budgets?”

I am willing to work within the confines inlaid out by the sporting director and team.  I will also abide by the “No Dickheads” policy.

“How’s your relationship with RAWK?”

Good.  I get along with Jack and Dilks.  I enjoy bantering with Al.  Killer Heels said she’s willing to sacrifice a child to hire me.

“Excellent, just one final question:  what are your go-to hair treatments?”

I was thinking of going bald actually.

“No offer.  Get the fuck out of here.”
King Kenny.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9119 on: April 19, 2024, 04:50:04 pm »

What's our official position on tidy beards?