Author Topic: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall  (Read 51165 times)

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
Re: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall
« Reply #240 on: August 2, 2022, 08:40:26 pm »
It was definitely reported for one of our previous loans - can't remember who exactly. Not sure if it applies to every loan.
I'll put a fiver on Ryan Kent at Bristol City, I can afford to lose that.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: August 3, 2022, 11:41:04 am »
Was it not Elliot at Blackburn? That's where I remember it from and then everyone assumed it would be the same when Clarkson went there last year and didn't play.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 7, 2022, 08:34:59 am »
What’s happened to Tyler Morton. He was in and around the first team last year and played in midfield for some big games.

Now I don’t see him on the website as a first team squad player or even on loan
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #243 on: September 7, 2022, 08:37:06 am »
What’s happened to Tyler Morton. He was in and around the first team last year and played in midfield for some big games.

Now I don’t see him on the website as a first team squad player or even on loan

He's at Blackburn.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 7, 2022, 08:38:52 am »
He's at Blackburn.

That’s good to hear. Hope he has a great year there. I was really impressed with his first team displays
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 23, 2022, 11:04:00 pm »

Morton seems to be doing really well now, clearly a class above the level he’s at right now in terms
of footballing ability

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2022, 01:11:27 pm »
If I've got the time, I purposely watched the Blackburn games when they are on sky to see how Morton is getting on. Doing very well, a level above those around him. Sky's the limit for this kid.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2022, 03:47:08 pm »
Pretty sure the answer is no, but wtf I'll ask anyway .... is there any way we can get him back in January?

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2022, 03:58:04 pm »
Pretty sure the answer is no, but wtf I'll ask anyway .... is there any way we can get him back in January?

We probably could as he's our player but I doubt we would. Might hinder his development. He seems integral for Blackburn as well. Smart move by the club loaning him out. He's definitely got a future with us imo.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2022, 04:00:04 pm »
We probably could as he's our player but I doubt we would.

It entirely depends on whether we added a break clause to the loan with Blackburn.

I suspect we did but I don't think we'll exercise it.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2022, 04:02:00 pm »
We probably could as he's our player but I doubt we would. Might hinder his development. He seems integral for Blackburn as well. Smart move by the club loaning him out. He's definitely got a future with us imo.
Yeah, I completely get the development issue .... but if we don't sign someone who can slot in immediately in MF in January, not recalling him would be criminal imo.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2022, 04:05:43 pm »
It entirely depends on whether we added a break clause to the loan with Blackburn.

I suspect we did but I don't think we'll exercise it.

I don't think we will either, we seem to have a good relationship with Blackburn in regards to them taking our young lads for a season or two.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2022, 04:22:11 pm »
Yeah, I completely get the development issue .... but if we don't sign someone who can slot in immediately in MF in January, not recalling him would be criminal imo.
Things could look different in January. Some of the players will have had a break during the World Cup and others will hopefully be back from injury. If we have everyone or most fit it would probably make more sense him staying out in the long run rather than return to sit on the bench or get a few cup games. Bigger picture and all that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2022, 04:26:34 pm »
If we had most players fit we wouldn't be discussing this at all... but I'm not holding my breath for that right now.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2022, 11:06:48 pm »
Recall him and give him a chance in our midfield

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2022, 11:18:14 pm »
It’s getting so bad in midfield that I think we need to recall the lad in winter. Up until that CL game a while back (was it against Napoli or Milan?) he was looking sound in our midfield. Never got another proper run out though after that game.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2022, 11:19:45 pm »
He’s absolutely smashing it at Blackburn, if we don’t sign the midfielder who the club want in January I think recalling Morton has to be an option.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2022, 07:42:49 pm »
A cockney fella I work with is a Blackburn fan (long story) and goes to watch them most weeks. He said Morton has been wonderful. Consistently one of the best players on the park.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2023, 12:27:57 am »
Young lad bags of potential signs new long term deal.

No one gives a shit because they’re moaning about something/anything they can find to moan about, transfers, owners, backing staff, players. Let’s just batter them all they’ve given us nothing at all no joy no success nothing these past few years. So much so we’re all too busy moaning to be happy that one of our young reds with plenty of potential signs a new deal and no one has anything to say
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2023, 12:34:04 am »

No one gives a shit because they’re moaning about something/anything they can find to moan about, transfers, owners, backing staff, players. Let’s just batter them all they’ve given us nothing at all no joy no success nothing these past few years. So much so we’re all too busy moaning to be happy that one of our young reds with plenty of potential signs a new deal and no one has anything to say
Well said! What a miserable existence that is
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2023, 12:34:43 am »
Great news, his year at Blackburn is clearly going well. We could do with him right now but he will be in the first team squad next season no doubt.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2023, 01:06:26 am »
Great news, his year at Blackburn is clearly going well. We could do with him right now but he will be in the first team squad next season no doubt.

He doesn’t solve any of the issues we’ve seen this season, or even really help, Ox Keita Jones all are better options as of current and have athleticism he doesn’t possess as of yet.

I think he will be a good option when we’ve got a couple midfielders that address the balance but could easily see him having a loan at a PL side next season also.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:08:08 am by Coolie High »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2023, 01:57:11 am »
Glad to hear this, and that he continues to play every league game for blackburn. Looking forward to seeing him in the preseason, seeing where he's at physically and enjoying his pretty passing technique again

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2023, 09:39:02 am »
Watching his highlights again he really reminds me of Jorginho.  Same kind of technique and passing range, gets himself out of tight situations well, but as with the Italian, not particularly physical.  He's playing deep for Blackburn as a sitting playmaker.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2023, 09:49:31 am »
Good news, definitely got something....he's also only just turned 20 so you know, maybe a chance he's not that close to his physical peak
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2023, 09:52:06 am »
Good news. Any chance he's part of our first team squad next season?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2023, 09:57:38 am »

They're all desperate for this midfielder who will magically transform our season, they'll be in fucking hysterics if we do sign one and it doesn't get better - the new midfielder will then obviously be shite. Maybe they should try having some fucking faith that the man who took us from being on our way to shite when he came in, to winners of everything, being able to turn it around, with the squad that came within a whisker of winning everything only 7 months ago.

Anyway, great news on Tyler, we've got some great talent coming through, its gonna be fun.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2023, 09:58:40 am »
Good news. Any chance he's part of our first team squad next season?

I reckon so, a season in the Championship has been great for him.  Got him used to playing consistently against proper teams instead of youth matches.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2023, 10:01:41 am »
I reckon so, a season in the Championship has been great for him.  Got him used to playing consistently against proper teams instead of youth matches.

Yeah that's a big thing, particular for midfielders/defenders. Hopefully we get to see him next year.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2023, 10:44:48 am »
To those that have watched him for Blackburn, how has he looked coping with the physical side of the game?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2023, 10:50:57 am »
To those that have watched him for Blackburn, how has he looked coping with the physical side of the game?

He moves well, not an awkward runner or anything, but he's not really the quickest or has any power to his game.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2023, 11:02:23 am »
He moves well, not an awkward runner or anything, but he's not really the quickest or has any power to his game.

But he does run?
He has actual legs?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2023, 11:03:30 am »
But he does run?
He has actual legs?

I can confirm that he has legs and the ability to use them for running.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2023, 11:03:34 am »
Don't you know? We're meant to be railing against any midfielder who couldn't get into a Tony Pulis team - they're apparently responsible for our current drop in form.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2023, 11:13:39 am »
I can confirm that he has legs and the ability to use them for running.

Aha! He has the legs.  He has the ability.
But does he have the intentionality? The drive, the motivation and...the ' je ne sais quoi' that translates the idea to move into actual, tangible motion?

Best leave him at Blackburn for the moment,  I reckon, until we get some experts to figure this out....
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2023, 01:09:39 pm »
in some ways when I watch him (which I've not done a lot of to be honest) Hamann always comes to mind.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2023, 04:48:48 pm »

Bajcetic and Morton would be better off used as part of the midfield rotation than Elliott and Carvalho (at least with our usual systems). They're better at off the ball/defensive work and have a good passing range.

Morton's done well overall at Blackburn and the year on loan will have done him good. If we're losing 4+ midfielders then Morton will have opportunities. Obviously we need to sign a minimum of 2 as well.

He did well last season but was thrown in the deep end on occasion in very makeshift teams against strong opposition (Spurs away, Leicester in the cup).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2023, 04:58:23 pm »
Looks a talent we can make money on most likely.
Maybe he can become a squad player lacks a bit of pace.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2023, 05:06:08 pm »

Blackburn have been very powderpuff at times. Having a good season but have already lost 12 league games.

Morton aside their midfield is youthful and lacking physicality for the level. They're obviously doing something right though as they're sat in 3rd.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2023, 05:13:31 pm »
Aha! He has the legs.  He has the ability.
But does he have the intentionality? The drive, the motivation and...the ' je ne sais quoi' that translates the idea to move into actual, tangible motion?

Best leave him at Blackburn for the moment,  I reckon, until we get some experts to figure this out....
Plenty of experts, sorry "experts", round here...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D