Author Topic: Android Phones - Apps and stuff  (Read 262298 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Android Phones - Apps and stuff
« Reply #2200 on: November 20, 2014, 09:45:03 am »
I used that method a few weeks ago when the images first came out. Had to switch back to Kitkat as ART support wasn't as widespread. Hopefully thats all been sorted now

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #2201 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:05 am »
I have released an update for my MyScrobbles app so that it supports material design.

If you are a fan of my Liverpool app and use LastFM, please check it out to help out my rating etc :-)

The Myscrobbles last FM browser Android app has been updated to use material design.

I hope you like the new look, always interested in feedback.

Download from here - http://goo.gl/eQOkLQ

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2202 on: November 28, 2014, 12:39:32 pm »
Oneplus One available today without an invite.

https://oneplus.net/blackfriday/

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2203 on: November 28, 2014, 12:42:21 pm »
Oneplus One available today without an invite.

https://oneplus.net/blackfriday/

Be warned it wont work on 4G if you're with o2 or on parts of the 3 network

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2204 on: November 28, 2014, 04:57:24 pm »
It's an awesome phone, had mine a couple of months and can't fault it for the money. 4G not an issue for me cos I live out in the sticks and I'm rarely without WIFI anyway.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2205 on: December 2, 2014, 03:52:59 pm »
Just realised miniclip 8 ball is an app.  Bye bye life
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: December 3, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »
I cracked the screen on my nexus 5 last night on my way home from the match so can anyone reccomend a good place to get it replaced in Liverpool?
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #2207 on: December 4, 2014, 07:42:48 am »
I cracked the screen on my nexus 5 last night on my way home from the match so can anyone reccomend a good place to get it replaced in Liverpool?
Thought about doing it yourself?

My daughter is 18, living in Liverpool (so far away from dear old Dad, who usually fixes things).  She ordered a new screen for her phone. Watched some YouTube videos. I got a call from her that Sunday. Dad, I did it! She was made up.

Phone still working  well.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2208 on: December 8, 2014, 11:32:02 am »
I've got a LG G2 and recently cracked the screen and had it repaired by the biggest cowboy going. Eventually, after 6 weeks and 3 different screens, he finally fixed the problem. However, ever since then my phone doesn't charge if the phone is switched on and when I come to turn it back on it takes up to 20 minutes of pressing and holding the on button at various different angles etc before it comes back on. Also, sometimes the battery will show 100% charged all day even though it simply cannot be full battery.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? I thought maybe an issues with a connector on the on/off switch but it's no issue whatsoever when turning it off. Really starting to piss me off now.

I would take it back to the place where it was fixed but I had a full refund off him and he was turning into a bit of a twat about the whole thing so I'd rather just take it somewhere else or fix it myself if it's sometime simple.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2209 on: December 8, 2014, 01:08:03 pm »
I've got a LG G2 and recently cracked the screen and had it repaired by the biggest cowboy going. Eventually, after 6 weeks and 3 different screens, he finally fixed the problem. However, ever since then my phone doesn't charge if the phone is switched on and when I come to turn it back on it takes up to 20 minutes of pressing and holding the on button at various different angles etc before it comes back on. Also, sometimes the battery will show 100% charged all day even though it simply cannot be full battery.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? I thought maybe an issues with a connector on the on/off switch but it's no issue whatsoever when turning it off. Really starting to piss me off now.

I would take it back to the place where it was fixed but I had a full refund off him and he was turning into a bit of a twat about the whole thing so I'd rather just take it somewhere else or fix it myself if it's sometime simple.

Best to get your phone repaired at an authorized LG center mate. They might charge you more but it will ensure no such issues happen in tge future.
Phuk yoo

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2210 on: December 9, 2014, 06:47:02 am »
Best to get your phone repaired at an authorized LG center mate. They might charge you more but it will ensure no such issues happen in tge future.

Oh I know that only too well now mate. Been sat here 45 minutes now trying to get it turned on. Doing my fucking head in.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2211 on: December 9, 2014, 09:21:49 am »

You've got exactly the same problem as me. Had to change my digitizer as the touchscreen was going cuckoo, still had some problems afterwards but it seems to have died down fortunately. Then I started getting the battery problem, wouldn't charge and when I switched it off tried to turn it back on it would take ages until it finally did and then the problem would either be fixed for a bit or it'd display the battery at 100%. Only hope I can off er is that after this being the case for every day for the last few weeks I've had 2 trouble free days of charging it. I hope it lasts.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: December 11, 2014, 03:28:18 pm »
Be warned it wont work on 4G if you're with o2 or on parts of the 3 network
Oneplus One available on their website without invite with delivery before Chrimbo if anybody is after one.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: December 12, 2014, 09:33:31 am »
You've got exactly the same problem as me. Had to change my digitizer as the touchscreen was going cuckoo, still had some problems afterwards but it seems to have died down fortunately. Then I started getting the battery problem, wouldn't charge and when I switched it off tried to turn it back on it would take ages until it finally did and then the problem would either be fixed for a bit or it'd display the battery at 100%. Only hope I can off er is that after this being the case for every day for the last few weeks I've had 2 trouble free days of charging it. I hope it lasts.

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem mate but I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Last few days I'm having to take the back cover off in order to be able to press the button hard enough for it to turn on. Getting beyond a joke now.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2214 on: December 12, 2014, 03:49:35 pm »
Sorry to hear you're having the same problem mate but I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Last few days I'm having to take the back cover off in order to be able to press the button hard enough for it to turn on. Getting beyond a joke now.
Yep that's what I had to do. Eventually binned the case. It's continued to charge normally now, and I hope that's the end of that. Touchscreen is back to giving me a few problems every now and then though :(
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2215 on: December 20, 2014, 03:51:50 pm »
I have a question regarding the moto x 2014 model.

I am searching for a radio app that does not use internet. As in, just plug in your 3.5mm headphones, and the radio works.

Any suggestions?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2216 on: December 20, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »
I don't think the Moto X has an FM receiver in it.

Didnt know that a 500 euro phone does not have an FM receiver.  :butt :butt

Thanks for the reply mate.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2217 on: December 21, 2014, 06:51:08 am »
Didnt know that a 500 euro phone does not have an FM receiver.  :butt :butt

Thanks for the reply mate.

Get the Lumia 930 or 830. Both have FM receivers.
Phuk yoo

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: December 21, 2014, 06:57:31 am »
My Nexus 4 locks itself when it's in a call and unlocks after a call has ended. Obviously causing me a few problems. The sensor doesn't work I think, so any way around this before I send it in to get repaired/replaced?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: December 22, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »
Anyone got an HTC One M7? 2 weeks ago I stopped being able to make calls, I couldn't hear the person on the other end and they couldn't hear me. I sent the phone to get fixed and got sent a new phone on Saturday....but still have the same problem. Since done a bit of googling and some people have seen the same and are saying it's a software problem....anyone else seen this?
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2220 on: December 23, 2014, 10:55:56 am »
I've had a HTC one m7 since August and not had any issues. I've probably put the mockers on that now.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #2221 on: December 29, 2014, 07:38:59 am »
Quick note to say that I have managed to get my LFCHistory app re released on google play
 Had quite s few people asking about it.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #2222 on: December 29, 2014, 08:13:52 am »
My daugher and myself have been spending hours geeking out together playing Super Monsters Ate My Condo, Peggle Blast, and Subway Surfers. Just recently started downloading game apps for her, any suggestions for other time consuming games I should search for?

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #2223 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »
So i got a new phone and restored my WhatsApp so I have my old message history/pics...etc, however, too many of my old pics are being overwritten with new ones/other pics, e.g. mate sent me a pic which i've had on my phone before (Lurking Toure), but on my phone it shows up as another pic (of some bird)

If I scroll past the message and then quickly scroll up the actuall pic will show for a split second and then replace itself with the other pic
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2224 on: December 30, 2014, 07:50:05 pm »
Wahey!

My Xperia Z3 just slid off the couch and clipped my cuppa on the way on to the floor.

Screen is shattered near the top, and smaller cracks extending right to the bottom of the screen. Touch screen has stopped working entirely.

No insurance, nor is the phone covered in any other way, so I'm likely having to pay for a repair. I've been quoted £149 for a repair online. Haven't approached o2 yet to see if they can offer anything.

Is £149 reasonable? Anybody know anywhere in Liverpool that repairs for a reasonable price, ideally with a same day, while you wait service?
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2225 on: December 30, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »
For a brand new phone I'd always go official.

A quick price on ebay for the parts is £129 so for £149 for someone to do it for you is a good price. But you can never be sure on the parts being used are official or of a good quality.

You're better paying o2 and Sony £200+ and you know you'll get a good-as-new phone back

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2226 on: December 31, 2014, 06:59:15 am »
Wahey!

My Xperia Z3 just slid off the couch and clipped my cuppa on the way on to the floor.

Screen is shattered near the top, and smaller cracks extending right to the bottom of the screen. Touch screen has stopped working entirely.

No insurance, nor is the phone covered in any other way, so I'm likely having to pay for a repair. I've been quoted £149 for a repair online. Haven't approached o2 yet to see if they can offer anything.

Is £149 reasonable? Anybody know anywhere in Liverpool that repairs for a reasonable price, ideally with a same day, while you wait service?

149 seems a little steep to me. Its not a QHD panel, just a regular FHD ips panel. My LG GPro's replacement screen and fitting charges cost me just 100 GBP at an official LG outlet. Its a similar FHD ips screen. Most of the ips screens used by mid to hih end phones are made by JDI, ND, LG, Samsung and Sony and all of them cost around the same for the same sizes.

Phuk yoo

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: January 2, 2015, 07:13:39 pm »
anyone noticed a huge battery drop in their z3 compact since updating to the latest software? my phone usage is the same, but since upgrading to the latest software its estimated battery life has went from 2 days to now 21 hours. has anyone found a fix for this issue?

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2228 on: January 4, 2015, 04:28:38 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks the new Tapatalk layout is slow and difficult to navigate? 😬

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2229 on: January 4, 2015, 04:52:55 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks the new Tapatalk layout is slow and difficult to navigate? 😬
No. I hated it and went back to the previous version then turned off auto update.

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2230 on: January 4, 2015, 05:00:49 pm »
No. I hated it and went back to the previous version then turned off auto update.
How can I revert back to the previous version? Tia

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: January 4, 2015, 05:07:29 pm »
How can I revert back to the previous version? Tia
Sent you a PM.

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2232 on: January 4, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »
Sent you a PM.
That's brilliant thank you! ☺

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #2233 on: January 4, 2015, 08:49:04 pm »
That's brilliant thank you! ☺
Share the wealth lads.

I too hate this new version, finding the discussions I want is a pain. It just can't deal with sub forums

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2234 on: January 4, 2015, 09:33:40 pm »
The previous version is Tapatalk 4.9.5 apk. Not going to stick a direct link here for it but easy enough to find on google. Uninstall current version/install the previous/turn off updates for it on Google Play.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: January 5, 2015, 08:17:57 am »
The previous version is Tapatalk 4.9.5 apk. Not going to stick a direct link here for it but easy enough to find on google. Uninstall current version/install the previous/turn off updates for it on Google Play.
Nice one mate. That new lay out has been doing my head in.

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2236 on: January 5, 2015, 10:08:02 pm »
Nice one mate. That new lay out has been doing my head in.
Going back to the older version highlights just how bad the new version actually is.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2237 on: January 6, 2015, 04:16:01 pm »
Glad I passed by here, haven't bothered using tapatalk since update, what a complete fucking mess they made. it was near enough perfect before.
Will update when i get back home, hopefully to the older better version if i can.

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2238 on: January 6, 2015, 07:06:14 pm »
Glad I passed by here, haven't bothered using tapatalk since update, what a complete fucking mess they made. it was near enough perfect before.
Will update when i get back home, hopefully to the older better version if i can.
You won't regret it!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2239 on: January 10, 2015, 02:49:32 pm »
Good God, this new Tapatalk is virtually unusable. I've never hated anything so much.