Author Topic: Stop Moaning and start supporting  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Andy M

• Kopite
  • I used to be Maudster
Stop Moaning and start supporting
« on: January 11, 2002, 05:30:29 pm »
Right I can understand why people might not be happy with things at the moment and I hate the Idea of being on a bad run however the Southampton game is in the past now and its time to stop whinging and get behind the lads. All is not lost and the players have not all turned to shite over the period of 3 months. Is is me or is is beginning to get a bit like the official site in here with all the moaning!. I have my opinions of the way the team is run but would never rate them above those of the manager. It seems a few in hear think he should be taking advise from them. Yes its frustrating and difficult at the moment but then thats football live with it. We have a game on sunday where the team needs the fans to be behind them even if not there in person. So come on get cheerful we are 1 win away from a great run. ;D
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »
Libpool,Libpool!

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: Stop Moaning and start supporting
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2002, 05:51:55 pm »
Abso-fuckin-lutely!!!
Im sick of even my most hardened of Red mates moaning and losing faith!
Jesus fuckin Christ we've been thru as hell of a lot worse than this!!

Offline Dave_W

• Left abruptly during the cheese course
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2002, 06:03:19 pm »
And I've no doubt we'll be right behind the lads, giving them our full support when they run out at Highbury on Sunday.

Maudster - wanna give some examples of the offalitis you're referring to?  No need to name names (unless you want to  ;) ), but maybe the gist of the posts you are referring to.  In the main, I've felt it's been people letting off steam, rather than saying so-and-so it shit or calling for GH/PT's head.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2002, 06:07:16 pm »
Expectations were high and now everybody's comming down a bit. It's only natural. People outside our club were tipping us to win the league and now it's gone a bit wrong. And also the quality of football leaves to be desired ... If talking about that is complaining ....
We've got a little right to complain, don't you think ?

Offline Deeko

• Main Stander
  • Done the treble
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2002, 06:42:19 pm »
My main feeling is frustration with the team at the moment. But truely when you look at the whole picture we are only 3 points from the top. with 18 games to go.

There is so much more that can happen and will happen.

Its no where near as bad as people are mouthing off about and complaining about.

Whats needed is for everyone to get behind the team and support them from whereever you are, at the match, or at home.

I am still completely confident in both GH and PT, and the club as a whole. We are still well on course, if probably not a little ahead of GH's 5 year plan. So things will get better.

Its about supporting the team you love through the shit and the difficult times as well as being there when we are winning and being succesful.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2002, 06:48:14 pm »
Ah fuck it, im off down Elland Rd ; theyve got Fowler and theyre top of the league  ::)

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2002, 06:49:12 pm »
;D

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2002, 01:28:22 am »
WE are the Kop of Liverpool FC.

What other words can be used to express our feelings.

Stick with them Tricky Reds, don't fall into the trap, they will come good.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2002, 01:58:38 am »
Yup, we'll do it. Every team has a dry spell and I totally agree with Maudsters assesment that we are no doubt one win away from regaining the form that took us to the top. The good thing about it is that this time I have the opportunity to do my part as for the first time in a long time Liverpool will be playing live on Sky so I'm gonna go out and try and make some new friends ::).
But I know we can do it!

Offline GavBelfast

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2002, 04:21:46 am »
At a conservative (don't worry folks, small 'c') estimate, in my adult life I have spent at least £10,000 suppporting this team on tickets, travel and accomodation alone, so I am entitled to criticise so long as I don't resort to personal abuse (of LFC and its staff) or go OTT.

This is a democratic forum, and I'm sorry, the performances in the last few games, culminating in the abject failure that was St Mary's - have mostly been PISH.

It really goes without saying that I (and the vast bulk of us) will get behind the team on Sunday, and beyond come hell or high water.  Heaven forbid, even if we didn't win a game between now and the last day, I'd still get behind them against Ipswich.

As dedicated and mostly life-long fans, we cannot be fair-weather friends (now that IS where Offal comes in) so we will have our say, and rightly so!            

Offline siranfield_the_red

• Kemlynite
  • Almost Famous....
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2002, 04:49:25 am »
The bad run can also be seen as a silver lining.

Expectations of the current LFC team has dropped considerably. Perhaps the pressure on the players will be less.  If we can get out of this very bad slump, I am sure the confidence will grow from game to game.  

This can be the kick up the arse that we needed to instill some urgency in the players.  All this talk of "a game in hand" has probably contributed somewhat to the lackluster performances.    

Penny Lane is a Band-Aid not a Groupie!

Offline Denzil

• Anny Roader
  • The king has returned!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2002, 02:52:45 pm »
All good posts, and on my way home from the southampton game I was ready to ripe it into the team, but then a 10 min walk to the car I moaned and moaned about the game to me dad, then it hit me I sound just like a prawn eating united fan :but:, then I thought now is the time the boyz really need us when the chips are down we should all be pulling together and supporting, we need to stop slagging and start supporting, Riise was unlucky it doesnt make him a crap player. BUT I do want to ask the question of why we are still playing the diamond formation in midfield with murphy behind the front 2, and why we were just kicking long balls up to nelka when he his clearly not that type of player. But, and im begining to sound like a moaning twat, why did it take the fans until saints scored to get behind the team? how can we expect the team to be up for the game if the fans are'nt? ??? ???

Offline Sam_Nyrie

• Main Stander
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2002, 09:08:21 pm »
Some good posts here. Yes, we are entitled to have a moan [we pay a lot of money to watch] providing we don't resort to personal abuse. But each game should see the slate wiped clean, renewed optimism and 100% support from us all.

So let's get behind the lads tomorrow and yell ourselves hoarse ... after all it could be a lot worse ... we could support ... can't even bring myself to mention them!
I said to my mate in the pub, "your round" ..... He said, "so are you, ya fat git!"

Offline MagsL20

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2002, 01:10:54 am »
There are two kinds of Reds,

Liverpool Supporters

and

Liverpool Critics.

I know which one I am.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2002, 01:55:39 am »
There are two kinds of Reds,

Liverpool Supporters

and

Liverpool Critics.

I know which one I am.

I think all Liverpool followers were entitled to a bit of a moan after Wednesday. The difference is now the Supporters have finished their moans and are backing us for the next game, the Critics are still complaining and will be for some time.

I know which one I am too! :)

Offline JarisMulletLFC

• Main Stander
  • I want hair like Jari Litmanen
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2002, 02:07:47 am »
"Stop moaning and start supporting" should be read out at matchdays!
Liverpool FC as hard as hell
Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal
Watch my lips
And i will spell
Cos they dont just play
But they can rap as well

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2002, 04:26:45 am »
"Stop moaning and start supporting" should be read out at matchdays!

Nice one mate. I like that!

George Sephton:
"In the interest of the comfort and saftey of all spectators attending todays game, may I remind you that constant irritating abuse and slagging of players or staff is not acceptable at the Anfield stadium"

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2002, 02:26:52 pm »
How can these moaners be Liverpool fans, do they understand the words of 'you'll never walk alone' as they sing them. Is supporting just for when you are winning? They were happy enough with everything when we won all of those trophies.
well i say we are better off without them, they can go back to the clubs they supported before ours!
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable