Author Topic: West Han 13  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
West Han 13
« on: January 14, 2002, 12:19:28 am »
Years and years ago just before Christmas, Liverpool played West Ham away in the League.  We booked tickets for the Soccer Special from Lime Street to Euston station and back.  On the Thursday it was announced only 13 people had brought tickets for the train and that it was being cancelled.  On the Friday we collected our refund  from BR at Lime Street and bumped into a lad we knew from the Match.  He had arranged for a mini bus to take him and his mates to West Ham and asked us if we wanted to go.

Of course we said Yes, we got to east Ham parked up and walked to the ground, somehow I lost one of me mates and decided to stand by the programme kiosk in the "chicken run".

After a few minutes, these dirty big nut cases stood next to me, talking to each other saying what they were going to do to any Scouser that they found. My bottle went, so I just stood next to them keeping my eyes open for me mate.

After what seemed an eternity, the pair of them come walking along, not a care in the world, they see me and shout over Robbie are you OK we've been looking for you for ages, my heart sank.

Somehow the nutters didn't hear them, we decided to go in the West Ham end because so much trouble was kicking off by our end.  It was chocker, we won 4.0.

After the game we walked past East Ham tube station and found the mini bus, everyone was already in it.

A few weeks later, we played West Ham away in the FA Cup, we went by train via the Anfield Special Club, no worries until we got off at East Ham, Jesus every nutter in London was outside after Scousers.  We managed to get through all the aggro (I don't to this day know how) and went in the
West Ham end again.  we beat them 2.0, after the game we walked to East Ham tube station, it was full of nutters.

We stood on the tube next to 7 feet tall zombies intent on violence, we had to change tubes, but still these half breeds where with us. It was scarey standing next to proffesional nutters like them, they all seemed to be in their 30's I was still a teenager.

For some strange reason the majority got off at the station before Euston, something like Euston park?

Walking up the esculater into Eustin station was bad, who would be waiting for us now?

No worries, It was full of half battered Liverpool fans who wanted revenge.  For once we walked away and didn't get involved.

Thinking back, I really shouldn't be here, when I think back at some of the Bad grounds I've been too it makes me wonder.

Anyone else had experiences like this one.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

treble2001

Re: West Han 13
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 12:55:00 am »
Last year vs Chelsea, I went with a mate.  At the train station there was a Tottenham crew who asked my mate the time.  To my horror, he replied in a Carragher style voice "'Arf Six la".  They chased us down the esculators and caught us up, hammered us with sharpened umbrellas, but we somehow scrambled on a tube.  Horrible experience :upyours: :no:
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »