Author Topic: A few thoughts  (Read 2923 times)

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
A few thoughts
« on: May 18, 2002, 09:23:59 pm »
Ok, sorry to start another new thread (u can lock the topic if u want!) but here are a few thoughts ive had on the new anfield (yer i know u guessed that bit!)

1. With a new ground how do you all feel about the singing section now? it would be easier to organise now surely? Existing ST holders can choose were to sit and a singing section in the new kop can be choosen.

2. How about removing all the seats in the kop for the last game of the season at the old anfield (they will have to be removed at some stage). It would be very emotional if the club get permission to do so and have SAFE standing for one LAST time ever at anfield.

3. As a final game at anfield how about playing either st etienne, inter milan or monchengladbach? Or possibly a very last ever merseyside derby?

4. Why dont the club just keep anfield standing and use it as a community sports facility and training complex (derby county still have the baseball ground standing and use if youth games etc..)

Your thoughts people?

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
Re:A few thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 09:44:51 pm »
1. Sounds a good idea

2. Would be totally illegal and dangerous as it would break every Health & Safety law in the book. No seats, no crowd barriers, no way.

3. Not really sure about this. If we decided to play this sort of game, what about Juventus? I think it would have more meaning.

4. As I understand it, if we move to Stanley Park, Anfield will have to be converted so that there is no loss of parkland.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 12:17:29 am »
I think it would be more that fitting to have the last game at Anfield against Juve. The safe standing idea would never happen as far as I can see, the current Kop Grandstand is built for seats. Everyone would obviously be standing though. And we do have to give some green space back to make up for the land the new stadium would take up. That is only fair to the community at the end of the day.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 01:04:28 am »
we could just not move?

just a thought!
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 01:09:17 am »
I thought you didn't want to move girl after all that swearing.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 09:51:50 am »

we could just not move?

Surely she's saying she doesnt want to move here  ;)

Pheeny

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 12:18:13 pm »
Juve now thats a good idea!