Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759664 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #11480 on: November 15, 2021, 12:22:09 am »
Wandered in here for news on Mane and found this.

You literally do have to sell an asset (any asset) to realize profit. Otherwise it’s not, well, profit. It just an increase in value. You could of course take out a home equity loan against your LEI property but you’re on the hook for interest and the original amount of the loan. Are you suggesting FSG mortgaged the Red Sox to buy Liverpool.  Whoa if true.

The Red Sox were 'mortgaged' from the start.

In JWH's words.

We have some very successful partners – some of whom are big EPL fans – and we are well-financed internally. But NESV has always had debt from the first day we purchased the Red Sox.  We have some partners who look at   Internal Rate of Return and almost demand that we have debt as a consequence.  Debt increases IRR.

I recently read the New York Yankees have $3.5 billion of debt, but I’ve never heard a Yankee fan complain about it.  I’ve never heard a Red Sox fan complain about the usage of credit.  Credit is probably more acceptable in American   culture than elsewhere.  But you have some people that are good at borrowing money and poor at investing beyond that.  There are others – and we feel we are in this camp – have lines of credit etc., that are good at running businesses prudently and invest in those businesses.

So it is absolutely absurd for posters to pretend that we haven't got the funds to strengthen the forward line because FSG are some kind of pure organisation that only spends what it earns.

Our front three have been massively overplayed basically since they arrived at the club. Pre Jota we had absolutely zero back up to the front three and even now the paucity of options means we are massively over reliant on the likes of Sadio.

We should have viable options that mean Sadio having a dip in form like he did last season, or him and Mo going the AFCON should not have the ability to make or break our season.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #11481 on: November 15, 2021, 02:55:06 am »
So it was an IRR injury then? and he's dead because his partner increased it?

Im so confused....i was hoping he just took an elbow but now his IRR is fucked and hes dead its gonna really screw up the second half of the season.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11482 on: November 15, 2021, 03:06:24 am »
Gee there are some soft fans on this board. Just because all our players are dead, you just throw your hands up and say "oh, there's no way we can compete". Not with that attitude, no!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #11483 on: November 15, 2021, 12:10:33 pm »
A curious thing is developing on RAWK...threads are just as good / bad as all the other threads...

...I'm reading the same circular FSG stuff wherever I turn.

It's brill!!!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #11484 on: November 16, 2021, 08:43:16 pm »
I looked over Jordan's scan and what did i see?
Mane coming to practice at home
IRR healed and he living, praise be
Mane come practice at home

Hallelujah It's a miracle

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #11485 on: November 17, 2021, 07:40:38 am »
News of his death appear to be exaggerated...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11486 on: November 17, 2021, 05:59:58 pm »
A curious thing is developing on RAWK...threads are just as good / bad as all the other threads...

...I'm reading the same circular FSG stuff wherever I turn.

It's brill!!!

Well you know where the ,door is  ;)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #11487 on: November 18, 2021, 10:40:55 am »
Well you know where the ,door is  ;)
Yes - is says "FSG OUT!" above it...

:P

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11488 on: November 18, 2021, 12:27:42 pm »
Our front three have been massively overplayed basically since they arrived at the club. Pre Jota we had absolutely zero back up to the front three and even now the paucity of options means we are massively over reliant on the likes of Sadio.

We should have viable options that mean Sadio having a dip in form like he did last season, or him and Mo going the AFCON should not have the ability to make or break our season.

The issue was we had Sturridge still on the books as one of our higher earners (2015-2019) so that counted as a first team player without really having that contribution most of the time. Origi has also been in and out and then Shaqiri.

Obviously we should have signed a forward in the summer but while we tend to make the right moves it tends to be a year later than we need to make them.

Sturridge left in 2019 but we didn't get Jota till 2020. Lovren left in 2020 but we didn't replace him until this year with dreadful consequences. Gini left this year but we won't replace him until next year which has impacted on the midfield. Even Moreno left in 2019 but we didn't get Tsimikas until 2020 (which also impacted on the budget in terms of getting Lovren replaced).

The idea is therefore to make do and mend in January rather than sign another forward to cover. At least while Origi is still around.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11489 on: November 20, 2021, 08:55:58 pm »
Was dreadful in some moments, but he was a constant threat and did damage in the moments that mattered.

Quietly he's the second top scorer in the league.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11490 on: November 21, 2021, 07:41:23 am »
Shades of the old Mane yesterday and you could see and sense they were shit scared of him. Well in la.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11491 on: November 21, 2021, 08:54:42 am »
Shades of the old Mane yesterday and you could see and sense they were shit scared of him. Well in la.

Was lucky he only got a yellow for the tackle on White considering it was almost in the Arsenal technical area.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11492 on: November 21, 2021, 09:27:49 am »
Was lucky he only got a yellow for the tackle on White considering it was almost in the Arsenal technical area.

As we learned from the VVD/Pickford fiasco last season, as long as the ball is out of play you can do anything.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #11493 on: November 21, 2021, 11:13:03 am »
Obviously more lately as well been target by the opposition to be sent off if possible

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11494 on: November 21, 2021, 11:16:27 am »
Poor first half an hour but then grew into it.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11495 on: November 21, 2021, 11:17:20 am »
Fair play for him staying disciplined after the booking

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11496 on: November 21, 2021, 11:35:58 am »
Fired up yesterday. Didn't get going for him on the ball until the second half when he started simplifying it a bit, but absolutely can't fault his work rate and aggression. Pass for Tsimikas that led to Mo's chance was immense.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11497 on: November 21, 2021, 01:46:56 pm »
Looked quick yesterday, didn't he.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11498 on: November 21, 2021, 03:04:22 pm »
He hates Arsenal doesn’t he? :D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #11499 on: November 21, 2021, 03:18:00 pm »
Fair play for him staying disciplined after the booking

Yes he did well, I thought he was a certain to get subbed off after we went 3-0 up.  He's a strong player and often leaves arms up in the air which makes it easy for the opposition to take advantage of and claim easy fouls.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11500 on: November 21, 2021, 03:43:01 pm »
Yes he did well, I thought he was a certain to get subbed off after we went 3-0 up.  He's a strong player and often leaves arms up in the air which makes it easy for the opposition to take advantage of and claim easy fouls.
I reckon at half time he and Klopp had a quick word, with Sadio assuring him that he wouldn't do anything silly that would get him sent off.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11501 on: November 21, 2021, 04:01:03 pm »
think he is our scariest attacker when in form. His movement and bursts of pace get defenders out of shape - wouldn't want my team facing him

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11502 on: November 21, 2021, 04:09:18 pm »
think he is our scariest attacker when in form. His movement and bursts of pace get defenders out of shape - wouldn't want my team facing him

What is remarkable about Sadio and Mo is their physicality. They have the skill, balance and speed of top class wide players but the strength of  Dyche centre forwards. They must be the most difficult to play aginst by a mile as they are as strong as any full backs, quicker than all (except perhaps Walker) and possess more skill than most premier league players. Great to have both in our team.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11503 on: November 21, 2021, 04:35:12 pm »
When he's on fire he's unstoppable
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11504 on: November 21, 2021, 08:40:59 pm »
What is remarkable about Sadio and Mo is their physicality. They have the skill, balance and speed of top class wide players but the strength of  Dyche centre forwards. They must be the most difficult to play aginst by a mile as they are as strong as any full backs, quicker than all (except perhaps Walker) and possess more skill than most premier league players. Great to have both in our team.

100%.

Mane to me looks as hard as steel - he gets whacked and clogged regularly but it just seems to bounce off him.  and he doesn't mind leaving a few bruises on defenders either - good for him.  of course refs focus on his payback 10x more than the fouls he's getting even for.

Mo doesn't seem to attract the shithouse stuff as much - he takes 99% of it and still keeps that big smile going which means he can't be triggered as much as Sadio can.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #11505 on: November 21, 2021, 08:55:32 pm »
Sadio is just fucking boss. Thought I'd just share that with whoever the fuck cares to listen.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #11506 on: November 21, 2021, 10:07:06 pm »
Elvis is still in the building.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11507 on: November 24, 2021, 11:51:47 pm »
Is it true he doesn’t have a song?

If that’s the case, may I suggest to whoever is listening, to the tune of Money, Money Money by ABBA,

Mane Mane Mane,
He’s always scoring,
He’s never boring,
He’s Sadio Mane.

Possibly followed by:

Mane, Mane, Mane,
He’s always scoring,
He gets us roaring,
He’s Sadio Mane.

And in the spirit of flogging a horse long after it’s cremation, for European aways:

Mane, Mane, Mane,
He’s always scoring,
Even when he’s touring,
He’s Sadio Mane.

Have a good evening.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:53:43 pm by Ipcress »
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11508 on: November 25, 2021, 12:04:05 am »
Is it true he doesn’t have a song?

If that’s the case, may I suggest to whoever is listening, to the tune of Money, Money Money by ABBA,

Mane Mane Mane,
He’s always scoring,
He’s never boring,
He’s Sadio Mane.

Possibly followed by:

Mane, Mane, Mane,
He’s always scoring,
He gets us roaring,
He’s Sadio Mane.

And in the spirit of flogging a horse long after it’s cremation, for European aways:

Mane, Mane, Mane,
He’s always scoring,
Even when he’s touring,
He’s Sadio Mane.

Have a good evening.

He’s actually got two inc a seasonal one

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11509 on: November 27, 2021, 03:50:19 pm »
This guy has been a monster today the centre of everything that is good in our play. Keep it up Sadio.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11510 on: November 27, 2021, 05:04:17 pm »
Thought he was the best player on the pitch today along with the full backs. Back to his absolute best.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11511 on: November 27, 2021, 05:05:46 pm »
Beast mode.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #11512 on: November 27, 2021, 05:28:03 pm »
Thought he was the best player on the pitch today along with the full backs. Back to his absolute best.

Bad luck Everton :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11513 on: November 27, 2021, 05:29:44 pm »
Hopefully he doesn't have to suffer studs-to-calf challenges like Bednarek's from those dirty dogs...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11514 on: November 27, 2021, 05:37:59 pm »
A few great games of late. Looking like h's back to his best.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #11515 on: November 27, 2021, 05:40:43 pm »
Time to get the “All we need is...” song (to the tune of Radio ga-ga) going methinks.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11516 on: November 27, 2021, 07:20:30 pm »
Unstoppable again
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #11517 on: November 27, 2021, 10:28:21 pm »
Mane must be one of the unluckiest players around.

Denied a goal Wednesday because his arm was in an offside position, and today's one must literally have been millimetres
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #11518 on: November 28, 2021, 01:20:45 pm »
What a pass to Robbo. :o :o
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11519 on: November 28, 2021, 02:23:28 pm »
What a pass to Robbo. :o :o
Do you mean the nutmeg? The kind of nutmeg you buy at Fortnums...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D