Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelsea (Community Shield - After game comments)  (Read 33437 times)

Offline bathoz

• Kopite
  • Wants a showpony.
Re: Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelsea (Community Shield - After game comments)
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2006, 06:22:31 pm »
Also...where were the Chelsea fans? Their end of the stand looked a little vacant.
The opinions related above are in no way to be taken as anything more (or less) than those of an bored mind.

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2006, 06:23:10 pm »
Captions please ;D

Terry : How do u feel now Frank?

Lampard : Delighted as u didnt lift the shield  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:27:40 pm by stevenalonsa »

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2006, 06:23:40 pm »

Captions please ;D

JT: Carrying a bit of Timber there Lumplard :'(

FL: Fuck off you snake eyed tw@t   :tosser :tosser
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »

Captions please

Terry: Fuck your fat frank

Frank: Fuck off you twat, Gerrard should have been england captain

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2006, 06:24:36 pm »
Captions please ;D

You better don't cry again, John, you're England captain.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2006, 06:25:40 pm »
Not so happy about the "Easy Easy" bollocks though. :(

Was more like the 'easy easy' we used to sing back in the glory days rather than the high pitched 'easeh easeh' you get these days accompanied by waving yer arms around like a rent boy with an insane cock brother up his arse.

Momo was again fantastic and although he generally played well I thought Agger was at fault for their goal for drifiting away from the other striker leaving Carra in a 2 v 1 situation, also Lampard could have been closed down a little quicker. Other than that an excellent display from all concerned.

I was a little disappointed to see Gerrard lift the Shield alongside Carra, there did look to be a little friction between the two, body language wise, which one wonders if the NOTW's serialisation of Gerrards book is behind.

Offline tiramisu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2006, 06:25:42 pm »

Captions please ;D

I should have seen it coming
I should've read the signs
Anyway...
I guess it's over

Can't believe that I'm the fool again..
we come not to PAY

Offline champs2005

• Aw! For FUCK'S sake!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's on random!
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2006, 06:26:03 pm »

Captions please ;D

JT - ''So, when you due then Lumps?''

FL- ''YOU WHAT? You CHEEKY twat!''

;D
Quote from: Shaun
Get FUCKED 4 eyes! Why don't you go out with her if you love her so much?

Offline volga_arnold

• Main Stander
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2006, 06:26:44 pm »
I do hate seeing these especially when our players are involved.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2006, 06:27:31 pm »

John: "Now that I'm England Captain like... ..er....Can u just, you know, manage to play even very slightly like the one they call 'Momo'? Would really help out Steve and me...."
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2006, 06:27:43 pm »
Pretty much agree with everything mentioned here. Although a minor cup, let's enjoy it. But not too much, because Chelsea, in top form, would be a very dangerous team. Shevchenko will be really good too.

Would really urge Rafa to try Crouch and Bellamy out together more often. Was really impressed with Bellamy when he came on. Momo, the obvious choice.

Would also like to stress Zenden's contribution. Thought he did brilliantly considering he was out the whole of last season, and he was playing against Ballack, Lampard and Essien. They say that their midfield needs time to gel. Well, Sissoko and Zenden aren't our regulars either. Thought he did brilliantly.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2006, 06:31:01 pm »
Well, the sign of times to come methinks.

Although this means little in terms of the title race, I think its great to have shown everyone that we are no mugs and, as Rafa pointed out, we have a good squad.

I wouldnt say that it was a wintage performance, but it was very good at this stage of the season against a team like Chelsea. More good performances from the 'fringe' or new players as well as improvements by Riise and Zenden on Wednesday.

A good thing was that we couldnt really give a MOTM to anyone cos everyone did their job, although if pressed, Momo has shown that his raw edges are being smoothed out.

The fact that Stevie & Xabi did not start also showed Rafa's confidence in his squad and neutralised Jose's pre-game mind games

The players are still lacking a bit of sharpness, but remember that 9 days ago we lost 5-0 and we were not completely convincing on Wednesday so things are shaping up well for the first game next week.

It looks as if Chelsea's playing style will change with the focus on Shevchenko (who admittedly looked good) which will work for them, but I dont think it will give them the consitency they have produced over the last two seasons.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2006, 06:31:26 pm »
Captions please ;D

Terry : I feel devastated..

Frank : Strange..Think you played very well for them.  Take this shirt from me..

Offline lawj

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2006, 06:32:27 pm »
Momo rocks,

Offline richiem

• Boys Pen
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2006, 06:34:10 pm »
momo is  a must have in midfield but I can see a problem trying to play Alonso , Gerrard and Momo at the same time. not a bad situation to be in but its going to be so important to get a good start this campaign so its going to be interesting to see what way Rafa plays it. Hes gone for pace in the team with the players hes brought in which is great to see

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2006, 06:35:04 pm »
Captions please ;D

"Frank I know I should've-"

"Shut up".

"I mean, c'mon he's got-".

"Shut up".

"What can I do I mean-"

"Shut. Up".

"But I did try you kn-".

"Will you just, shut, up".

"..." *tears welling*
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2006, 06:35:07 pm »
It looks like Chelseas startegy will continue, give it to frank and let him launch it over the top to Shevchenko.

BTW whats all this about being fitter and more ahead than Chelsea? Did any of them bother to check out the lineups we put out over preseason?

If they are gonna comment then they get their facts straight.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Saracen Salcano

• Would like an identity
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2006, 06:37:02 pm »

:D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:38:45 pm by Saracen Salcano »
COBRA KAI NEVER DIES

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2006, 06:37:25 pm »
Excellent performance by the Reds, and let's not forget that we were without Hyypia, Gerrard and Alonso for over a half.

Can't believe Maureen made the same mistake of playing without wingers again. Maybe he'll keep doing it to try and accomodate Ballack, Lampost, Makelele and Essien. I also think he was stupid to drop Makelele and his presence was deeply felt. Manager of the year my left testicle!

But make no mistake this was an immense performance by the Reds. Much better than last Wednesday and I'm sure it'll do a world of good to the players' confidence for the long season ahead. Gerrin there!
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2006, 06:38:06 pm »
we twattedthe cheats MOMO for skipper (Lol) Gerrard for right Wing Sorry pennant we dont need you
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline simmo

• D cup - Carragher's just a stopper, Gerrard's not a great player, Torres is a mercenary opportunist, Mascherano's not very good, Rafa's a clown... oh and Liverpool aren't a great club... opinion or wind-up?... you decide...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2006, 06:38:09 pm »
excellent performance today against that freak show'especially with gerrard xabi not in midfield ! i thought momo was superb assisted by zenden who done a great job in there tracking back and supporting after such a long lay off ! but i was especially pleased with daniel agger who looked alot stronger and comfortable than when he arrived last season' he played well with carra and now looks a very good back up for sami after that performance against shevchenko an didier dogshit !!  you could see how much it meant to bellamy at the end he looked buzzin after collecting his medal' lets hope there's a lot more bigger prizes to follow in the future !! ;D

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2006, 06:39:44 pm »
Good display today. Lots of positives: Momo was immense (as usual!), Zenden showed he can play in midfield, Agger was fantastic for a guy who hasn't played for such a long time, and Bellamy came on and ran the channels superbly.

Overall, a really promising display and real evidence that the squad is much stronger and more competitive.
Internet terrorist

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2006, 06:41:14 pm »
we twattedthe cheats MOMO for skipper (Lol) Gerrard for right Wing Sorry pennant we dont need you

Is this a joke? Pennant has so far in 2 games proved to be a great signing for us, and the season is yet to begin properly?

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2006, 06:42:40 pm »
Is this a joke? Pennant has so far in 2 games proved to be a great signing for us, and the season is yet to begin properly?

Remember, Bernard Diomede always looked good in pre-season.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2006, 06:42:44 pm »
What can be said that hasn't already been said?

Momo's performance spoke for itself & he completely owned the midfield. Agger was exemplary, Carra & Finnan covered every blade of the defensive line. Riise got forward & caused them problems all day. Gonzalez showed as a threat & Bellamy found space behind them easily enough when he came on.

I think we are now seeing the team & style that Rafa envisaged when he came to the club. Solid in defence, hard working, pace all over the place. It was a joy to behold in parts. Yes it was a friendly & we shouldn't get too carried away, but Frank & JT's expressions at the end showed how much they wanted it. Long may it continue & I really think we are serious contenders on all fronts with our depth now. If we get another striker, great. If not, it's not the be all & end all IMO though.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2006, 06:43:42 pm »

Pennant was excellent on Wednesday and good today. We both if we are going to win trophies.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline LpoolHope5*

• Kopite
  • been to all five big cup homecoming parades
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2006, 06:44:14 pm »
I have been to cardiff so fair enough the chel fans going home at final whistle.  Althiough i stay win or lose myself

However, the chelsea players leaving the pitch after receiving their medals and not stasying to appluad LFC win the cip is outrageous.  very poor sportsmanship and a reflection on chelsea as bad losers

Nicky Campbell: "How do you feel about all of the criticisms that are levelled at the city and at scousers?"

Phil Redmond: "You have to expect that sort of thing when you live at the centre of the universe"

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2006, 06:45:00 pm »
Very nice pic for this duo :)
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2006, 06:45:52 pm »
Excellent performance by the Reds, and let's not forget that we were without Hyypia, Gerrard and Alonso for over a half.

Can't believe Maureen made the same mistake of playing without wingers again. Maybe he'll keep doing it to try and accomodate Ballack, Lampost, Makelele and Essien. I also think he was stupid to drop Makelele and his presence was deeply felt. Manager of the year my left testicle!

But make no mistake this was an immense performance by the Reds. Much better than last Wednesday and I'm sure it'll do a world of good to the players' confidence for the long season ahead. Gerrin there!

Is Makele injured - not in the bench.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2006, 06:47:05 pm »

Captions please ;D

Terry: "Heads up Frank, that volley you hit against Paraguay's just coming back down to earth"
Lampard: "Oh, fuck off"

Offline bleublancRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2006, 06:48:19 pm »
I liked this from Carra...

Meanwhile, skipper Jamie Carragher played down suggestions that Liverpool's Champions League game against Maccabi Haifa on 9 August had ensured they were fitter than Chelsea at the Millennium Stadium.

"There was a lot said before the game about how we were supposedly further down the road in our preparations than them, but I don't buy into that," the defender told BBC Five Live Sport.

"We just played the better football and got our rewards."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4788701.stm

If they're not fit yet that is their problem, maybe they should have sorted their pre-season out a bit better.

Offline tiramisu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2006, 06:49:11 pm »

IMO
i tot Gerrard was horrible at right wing
he cant pass for shite
kromkamp does better at right wing than mr Stevie G
we come not to PAY

Offline Kings LYNN

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2006, 06:49:34 pm »
Captions please

Fat Frank: What now mine Capitain

Terry: I don't know let's ask  Stevie

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2006, 06:49:44 pm »
Terry: "Heads up Frank, that volley you hit against Paraguay's just coming back down to earth"
Lampard: "Oh, fuck off"

:lmao

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2006, 06:51:46 pm »
He didn't drop Makelele, he rested him.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2006, 06:52:43 pm »
Having watched Ian Dowie on the BBC, I've got to tell someone what a total wanker that guy is. He spent 10 minutes up Mourinho's ar$e saying how good Chelsea were and the only reason we won was because we'd had soooooo much more pre-season.

Wanker
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2006, 06:52:48 pm »
Very pleased with the win.

Promising display.

Momo looked boss again.

Well done Red Men!

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2006, 06:53:16 pm »
I have to say I was a bit apprehensive after seeing the team sheets today. But fucking hell was I wrong. Sissoko- desrvedly the man of the match today, he was the pick of the bunch (a bunch which consists of Gerrard, Alonso, Ballack, Lampard, Essien and even Mikel (the one they blew £16m on). Great tackling, good passing and loved the way he was so damn calm. An Arsenal supporter mate of mine said that whenever he went to the game he'd always be impressed by the way Veira was so cool- on the pitch and even in the way he walked. Well lately I've been noticing that about Sissoko, he just 'floats' about- and suddenly steamrollers into players with the pace of a freight train. It really is a case of 'float like a butterfly, sting like a bee'  :D.

Nice work from our wingers today- and Agger, who came up against the best attack in the Premiership last season, and did very well. I thought Garcia was great again- it seems to me that his footwork has really improved over the summer- I noticed that he was giving away the ball a bit less, and pulling off those flicks and tricks more. If only he had that extra yard of pace, he'd truly be unbeatable- but his positional sense is brilliant, so he doesn't need that much pace to be a success- which he's proved.

On the goals. Well what a goal by Riise! Fucking hell if that run wasn't enough, he just smashed it in from about 30 yards! Well played by Pennant for taking Essien out of the equation. Maybe a bit lucky- but it was a powerful shot, which dipped, and it was very much deserved. The Shevchenko goal... well they paid £30m+ for him, so it's expected. Finnan maybe could have done better- but it was a good run and pass, and there's no problem as it's so early on in our campaign. The Crouch goal was brilliant. Aurelio- who I thought did well when he came on, with a great ball over to Bellamy, who then proceeds to calmly look for the movement of Crouch, and plays a brilliant cross to set up the easiest goal Crouch will score with his head. Bellamy's pace was a great problem down the right today- and with the likes of Alonso and Gerrard playing those defence splitting passes through the middle, I'd fancy him to score quite a few goals this season.

I just can't believe that we did them with 3 of our best players out of the starting line up- Alonso, Gerrard and Hyypia all benched. Shows just how much strength in depth we now have, and what a great team Rafa's putting together. Well in Reds- let's take this into the new season and win that trophy.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2006, 06:53:17 pm »
Momo Sissoko is fucking amazing. Well in reds. bring on sheff utd.

Offline Floundy

• Anny Roader
  • BollockyBoo
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2006, 06:54:20 pm »

"cover yourself up you fat c*nt"

(the thoughtless captions are the best ones)

He couldn't cover himself up - the shirt he had swapped wasn't size XXXXXL
I am JD, and that's the end of that chapter...........