Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432710 times)

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28320 on: May 15, 2019, 05:01:33 pm »
It’s really something that doesn’t even have to be said. Because for our team it wouldn’t even occur to them to sing about another team celebrating their success
Meant our fans, not the team.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #28321 on: May 15, 2019, 05:03:41 pm »
Meant our fans, not the team.

Ah ok fair enough

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #28322 on: May 15, 2019, 05:05:47 pm »
It’s really something that doesn’t even have to be said. Because for our team it wouldn’t even occur to them to sing about another team celebrating their success

Spot on, if other teams want to mess up it’s out of our control but we are above that.

Let’s shut them all up on June 1st.

Some of our boys may be a little inspired by this.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28323 on: May 15, 2019, 05:13:07 pm »
Yes and let's not sing about them if / when that happens.

Our players have never ever sung about another team specifically in any celebration so I'm not even worried about that.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28324 on: May 15, 2019, 05:13:50 pm »
I have no sympathy at all for anybody saying ManC dodging FFP isn't a big deal.  Sure it can be viewed a bit hypocritically in the prism of world football which is rife with even worse actions or the PL specifically in accepting Russian blood money with open arms.  But they signed up with the rules in place and if they didn't like those rules they could have gone and spent their money elsewhere.  Instead they agreed to abide by a set of rules, even paid a penalty for breaking them once, and then went about flouting them in every way possible.  They should have the book thrown at them.

As far as the video, if the PL or EFL has no issue going through a 18 year olds social media history and fining them for posts as a child basically then the actions of the players in that video should be looked at in an even harsher light.  There's no way that should be viewed as acceptable behavior and if they had put that down in writing what was sung on twitter or instagram they would be looking at hefty fines or a ban.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #28325 on: May 15, 2019, 05:17:55 pm »
I don't want a rivalry with this shower, they just aren't worthy.

They're insecure.

Deep down they know a lottery win doesn't change who they are. The ironic thing is there was nothing wrong with who they were and they changed it.

Ironically, when the takeover first happened, I was quite happy for them as they were generally nice, played well, was a nice change, fans weren't toxic yet. It's not the lottery win I have a problem with.. It's the chip on the shoulder, the desperate need to do others down, as if someone else's shit makes your shit less shit, which is how dickheads operate.

They say we have an issue with the lottery win - wrong, it is how they reacted to it. The attitude born of fear and weakness and knowing they're not us for the better part of two more decades of winning.

They're not us. They'll never be us. But all this noise about us just makes me think: who are THEY?

Define Manchester City and it isn't particularly nice.  Define their values, define their fan base. Define their owners. Ouch!

We laugh at some of the bitters for hiding their shame by being defined by us

I'm not sure I'm magnanimous enough to say I don't care, and it's just a compliment to us. They're bang out of order in more than one area at the moment.

There's a reason they sing songs about us and don't sing about their own identity.

They have made themselves out to be frauds.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:19:55 pm by ToneLa »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28326 on: May 15, 2019, 05:18:38 pm »
Our players have never ever sung about another team specifically in any celebration so I'm not even worried about that.

Liverpool are magic Everton are tragic ;)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28327 on: May 15, 2019, 05:18:59 pm »
I don't want a rivalry with this shower, they just aren't worthy.

Exactly. They're the new Blackburn. Good luck to them.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28328 on: May 15, 2019, 05:29:48 pm »
Talk about being fucking precious... it's clearly a song about last years Champions League final. The clue is in the opening line. Another one is the 'Ramos injured Salah' line of the original version.

As Stephen Fry once said, "It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

Bye. You don’t like it?

So fucking what I guess.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28329 on: May 15, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »
Talk about being fucking precious... it's clearly a song about last years Champions League final. The clue is in the opening line. Another one is the 'Ramos injured Salah' line of the original version.

As Stephen Fry once said, "It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

So your side wins its 2nd consecutive league title, it's 6th in your history, and footage comes out, and your players are singing about Liverpool. Cos really they just can't stop thinking about Liverpool. Pep? Going on about 7 points behind and catching Liverpool. Bernardo Silva the same. We know how that feels. We feel that way too. It's hard getting Liverpool off your mind once it gets a foothold in there. You know fine well, of course, cos... well, here you are.

Wonder if Shanks and his side spent the night singing about Man United when we won the league in 1964? That was our 6th one wasn't it?

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28330 on: May 15, 2019, 05:31:45 pm »
Like I said, I meant our fans not the players.  Jeez, there's no room for any ambiguity in this place is there!
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28331 on: May 15, 2019, 05:32:29 pm »
It's funny how they won the title a couple of days ago and already no one cares, it's not even mentioned on the BBC football page anywhere.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #28332 on: May 15, 2019, 05:35:07 pm »
Liverpool are magic Everton are tragic ;)

The mighty Emlyn  :D

He apologised the next day as I recall

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28333 on: May 15, 2019, 05:36:43 pm »
According to SSN, the F.A. are saying no action will be taken, as the video breaks no rules.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28334 on: May 15, 2019, 05:37:11 pm »
According to SSN, the F.A. are saying no action will be taken, as the video breaks no rules.

Like they would even if it did. Toothless.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28335 on: May 15, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »
Like they would even if it did. Toothless.

City seem to be pretty much untouchable. I’m surprised this has even been discussed as much as it has. Everyone appears to be afraid to say anything negative about them, it’s very bizarre.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #28336 on: May 15, 2019, 05:50:33 pm »
My god they're still bleating on about the media not giving them any proper kudos for their title win and instead leading with stories about Pogba's apology, Brighton sacking their manager, Doris Day's death etc....I shit you not, one of them was monitoring BBC Radio 3 news bulletins because last week even they did a little piece about Liverpool and Spurs heroics...but this week...nada!! zilch.

You've got your trophy, now fuck off. You're not a 'story' you're just a spend/reward foregone conclusion that was very nearly upset by a club that IS a story for a million reasons which you'll never understand.

You can have your league titles the way you've attained them or you can have the media's gushing attention and respect. You can't have both.
YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28337 on: May 15, 2019, 05:52:27 pm »
My god they're still bleating on about the media not giving them any proper kudos for their title win and instead leading with stories about Pogba's apology, Brighton sacking their manager, Doris Day's death etc....I shit you not, one of them was monitoring BBC Radio 3 news bulletins because last week even they did a little piece about Liverpool and Spurs heroics...but this week...nada!! zilch.

You've got your trophy, now fuck off. You're not a 'story' you're just a spend/reward foregone conclusion that was very nearly upset by a club that IS a story for a million reasons which you'll never understand.

You can have your league titles the way you've attained them or you can have the media's gushing attention and respect. You can't have both.

Que sera, sera.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28338 on: May 15, 2019, 05:53:51 pm »
City winning the  league is old news now,nothing in the papers,press aren't interested.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:00:07 pm by sirKennyDaggers »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28339 on: May 15, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »
Like I said, I meant our fans not the players.  Jeez, there's no room for any ambiguity in this place is there!

I know of only one song where we sing about others clubs and it isn't sung that often.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28340 on: May 15, 2019, 06:10:01 pm »
This is all just a misunderstanding, then; but misunderstandings are easy to avoid if you engage your brain and your decency and your love for your own club rather than your hatred for another.

The “victims” part is easy: anyone who’s been around English football for the last thirty years knows exactly what that means. Disgusting and needless; Manchester City should apologise outright on behalf of their players and management for that one, but they won’t and they won’t be obliged to. Which tells you all you need to know about the state of the world in 2019, and English football in particular. A thousand Kopparberg cans couldn’t compare, if only because physical damage is tangible and tends to be punished. The likes of this is far more insidious, and has been for 30 years.

“Battered in the streets” carries a little more in the way of plausible deniability, but let’s be honest: it’s definitely a dig at Sean Cox, and a pathetic, senseless one at that. Liverpool supporters being attacked in Kiev by local hooligans is, in itself, a disturbing thing to be signing about. But the haste with which club and fans alike have backed away from the association of those words with Sean Cox is telling. It carries with it a tacit admission that a line has been crossed, and it has. Yet again; as it has been on countless occasions since 1989.

“Victims of it all”. Think about the etymology of the term “victims” in this specific context. Its genesis, as much as anything, was vested in outrage that the people of Liverpool wouldn’t just go away after Hillsborough, but instead remained conspicuous on the national stage for many years afterwards campaigning for truth and justice. That was what rankled: the fact that they didn’t go away, their continuing profile.

If you think about Liverpool supporters who were “battered” last season: which ones had the most profile? Whose name was on a banner that club captain Jordan Henderson and his teammates hoisted in the Stadio Olimpico after qualifying for the final? For whose family and medical bills were Liverpool supporters (and players) all over social media and the nation’s TV screens for weeks and months appealing for assistance? The fans attacked in a restaurant in Kiev, whose names were never released as far as I know and were barely even mentioned again by the mainstream media after the 25th of May? Or the one whose injuries were so grave that he’s still learning to walk and talk again? The one who had a fundraiser played in his honour in front of 27,000 people as recently as last month?

The fact that Liverpool, supporters and players alike, have responded so enthusiastically to the plight of this man and his family is exactly the kind of fodder that has long since attracted the sarcastic, sneering accusations of victimhood at the people of Liverpool; not a group of largely anonymous supporters set upon in a restaurant. With all due respect to their ordeal, which must have been frightening, it had no real profile nationally, and what it did have certainly didn’t form part of any campaign. If a group of supporters, drunk on their own hatred and thirst for “banter” and a serious rival, were going to tire of hearing about the plight of a Liverpool supporter or supporters to the point where they were moved to sing about someone being “battered in the streets” in retaliation, who was it realistically going to be?

People like this have never understood that the tragedies of which they make such light at the altar of points-scoring and “banter”, be it 39 people at Heysel, 96 at Hillsborough or a single individual ahead of Liverpool’s game with Roma last season, could have just as easily been any match-going supporter. They never will, either; so be it, there’s very little anyone can do to change that. But those players…wow. Even if you believe that they were simply copying a fan chant and didn’t fully understand the meaning of it, to sing proudly about a fellow professional from another team being injured when you’ve just won a league title is both pitiful and stupid beyond belief.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but having fought for the best part of 30 years for even a sliver of recognition that 96 Liverpool supporters died at a football game through no fault of their own, I doubt Liverpudlians are all that “offended” by this. This is simply the latest in a long line of casual baiting, and I can only imagine you’ve developed a pretty thick skin by now, especially when that kind of abuse is coming from small clubs like Everton and Manchester City. I would like to think that Sean Cox and his family are not “offended” either (“disappointed”, I believe is the word Martin Cox used). “Offended” is the wrong description.

Now, “angry”, on the other hand…that might be a bit closer to the mark. People have been wondering since Sunday how Liverpool can close the gap on these next season: well, having had to eat shit in congratulating them on winning the league only to hear that they’ve been singing about a fan (or fans) of the club being beaten up and one of Liverpool’s players being injured, I would say that Jürgen Klopp, a man who mentions anger a lot, will be missing a trick if he doesn’t try to harness the folly of those City players into something tangible for next season. This is a game of small details, and if it’s going to come down to a single point again, vengeance could make all the difference.

But first, to Madrid; and a trophy of which City, to use their words, have “won fuck all”.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28341 on: May 15, 2019, 06:15:28 pm »
Pay to win cheats with fans and players celebrating violence.

Grim.

As if it's not about Sean Cox or another reference to Hillsborough, I'll give the players the benefit of the doubt over that as it's part of city's culture to sing about Liverpool, not the supporters who sing it every week though.

City's comments on the song are pathetic, along with very little media calling them out on singing it, just gets reported that its nothing to do with Sean or Hillsborough, so there is nothing to see here.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28342 on: May 15, 2019, 06:18:05 pm »

I know of only one song where we sing about others clubs and it isn't sung that often.

We hate Nottingham Forest etc
Bring on your Internazionale etc
Blue and white shite etc

Theres more, but the difference is, we only sing them when we're playing them. I've never heard us sing about Everton or United when we're playing Burnley or Huddersfield
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28343 on: May 15, 2019, 06:21:26 pm »
E2K - brilliant post once again!  Saddened that it needed to be written nonetheless, or should say angered :no

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28344 on: May 15, 2019, 06:22:17 pm »

It's amazing. It's like they're perpetually the injured parties (always the victim, so to speak) and although they even break the law they're not culpable for anything (it's never their fault, you might say).
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28345 on: May 15, 2019, 06:24:36 pm »

It probably doesn't, but is that really the point? Has any official body or media outlet condemned it? Man City themselves have even defended it. Disgusting bunch of c*nts.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #28346 on: May 15, 2019, 06:27:44 pm »
Shock horror surprise.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28347 on: May 15, 2019, 06:28:08 pm »
Blue and white shite etc

Theres more, but the difference is, we only sing them when we're playing them. I've never heard us sing about Everton or United when we're playing Burnley or Huddersfield

Aside from the Everton one they end in about us loving our lads.

"But Liverpool we love you"

"But Liverpool are the team we adore"

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28348 on: May 15, 2019, 06:33:53 pm »
Long, long ago ...

'We don't carry bottles' where we actually mention City, but I doubt any of their fans would remember it  ;D

EDIT: Around the same time - very early 70's when we used to do the Dambusters Song - just 'naNAnananananana' at first, then some wag came up with the 'We ALL hate Leeds and Leeds and' - we sang that home and away every week just because it was such a novelty and a great fucking song  :P

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:43:04 pm by Redsnappa »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28349 on: May 15, 2019, 06:41:52 pm »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28350 on: May 15, 2019, 06:42:01 pm »

There are a few.

However, there will be a temptation for some of our fans to retaliate.  We do have an element of this type of fan in our fanbase.  Every club does.  We have fans that sing "whoareya" for a start...

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28351 on: May 15, 2019, 06:44:24 pm »
Aside from the Everton one they end in about us loving our lads.

"But Liverpool we love you"

"But Liverpool are the team we adore"

Fair point

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28352 on: May 15, 2019, 06:45:03 pm »
A pleasure reading your posts E2K.

Also..what is the difference here?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/17/jack-wilshere-arsenal-fined-fa-anti-tottenham-chants
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28353 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:08 pm »
Long, long ago ...

'We don't carry bottles' where we actually mention City, but I doubt any of their fans would remember it  ;D

EDIT: Around the same time - very early 70's when we used to do the Dambusters Song - just 'naNAnananananana' at first, then some wag came up with the 'We ALL hate Leeds and Leeds and' - we sang that home and away every week just because it was such a novelty and a great fucking song  :P
The general hate for Leeds was before my time, why exactly did clubs dislike them?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28354 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:39 pm »
There is an Everton song that was sang at the Sandon on Sunday. But 99.9% of singing was Liverpool. Allez Allez Allez by far the most popular rendition but Luis Garcia, Gerrard, Mo Salah, TAA, Mane and Robertson got some love as well

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28355 on: May 15, 2019, 06:47:33 pm »
There are a few.

However, there will be a temptation for some of our fans to retaliate.  We do have an element of this type of fan in our fanbase.  Every club does.  We have fans that sing "whoareya" for a start...

Maybe it's just how easy the internet access is these days, but it seems a lot of clubs fans are simply pure scum. I agree every club has a scum element, even ours, but it's clear some are riddled with scum, and Man City seem to be one of the worst. Even the rats that post on here trying to be sneaky in what they say.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28356 on: May 15, 2019, 06:48:28 pm »
The general hate for Leeds was before my time, why exactly did clubs dislike them?

Win at all costs mentality and a team chock-full of hard men and snide bastards.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28357 on: May 15, 2019, 06:50:29 pm »
Blue and white shite etc

The first one,I don't include songs that we only ever sing whilst playing a specific side.

My brain must be mush to have forgotten Internazionale. ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28358 on: May 15, 2019, 06:51:45 pm »
A pleasure reading your posts E2K.

Also..what is the difference here?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/17/jack-wilshere-arsenal-fined-fa-anti-tottenham-chants

That chant by Wilshere was nothing in comparison to this instance, too.

The untouchable, state funded Manchester City, folks.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #28359 on: May 15, 2019, 06:52:10 pm »
Nail on head once again E2K.