Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 327204 times)

Online Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7400 on: April 14, 2024, 07:48:22 pm »
Villa deserved it, resting their best players at city worked for them today.
We still lack a goalscorer. Been a very good season but ultimately the cheats will prosper again.
Arteta: “If one result is going to block us, that then we are not strong enough.”

“If you want to win titles, when you have this moment you have to stand up."

“In any other league in the world if you won the number of games in a row that we did, you would be six or eight points clear."

“That is not the case here. That is the challenge."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7401 on: April 14, 2024, 07:49:12 pm »
We still lack a goalscorer. Been a very good season but ultimately the cheats will prosper again.

So they won as they rested players at City ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7402 on: April 14, 2024, 07:51:32 pm »
There are worse things about our spectacular fuckup earlier, but one annoying side-effect I didn't anticipate was not being able to properly enjoy Arsenal's attempt at out-doing us.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7403 on: April 14, 2024, 07:56:35 pm »
Arteta: “If one result is going to block us, that then we are not strong enough.”

“In any other league in the world if you won the number of games in a row that we did, you would be six or eight points clear."

Or, say, if you get 98 points in a season…

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7404 on: April 14, 2024, 07:59:27 pm »

Surprised you’d throw the towel in after one setback. I hope we still believe we can win it, and you’ve got the GD advantage.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7405 on: April 14, 2024, 08:33:05 pm »
Surprised you’d throw the towel in after one setback. I hope we still believe we can win it, and you’ve got the GD advantage.

Fine line between belief and delusion.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #7406 on: April 14, 2024, 08:40:54 pm »
Seems both sets of fans can have a good cry together in this thread.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7407 on: April 14, 2024, 08:41:07 pm »
It'sa good thing this lad is pretty decent at footie.  ;D

Declan Rice:

“If you can't win games of football, don't lose.

Online Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7408 on: April 14, 2024, 08:48:19 pm »
It'sa good thing this lad is pretty decent at footie.  ;D
I think you removed the full quote? The context was at this stage of the season, winning is important?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7409 on: April 14, 2024, 08:49:50 pm »
That's what came up on my timeline mate.  ;D

Online Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7410 on: April 14, 2024, 08:50:15 pm »

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7411 on: April 14, 2024, 08:59:57 pm »
Well Arsenal, welcome to our nightmare.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7412 on: April 14, 2024, 09:04:01 pm »

The 3rd quote he isn’t wrong is he and this is what most LFC and now you guys are finding out about these the days of drawing a game in the run in is like a loss that ISNT NORMAL is it ?

All you hear is Abu City have raised the bar no they’ve made it boring and without Klopp this would be 7 on the spin for these c*nts.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7413 on: April 14, 2024, 09:23:32 pm »
Is this game being played behind closed doors?

Let me guess, they emptied the stadium en mass as per last year instead of supporting their team?

Again, to most it only started to matter when their team somewhat got close and lost out.

Yeah, like your shit fans.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7414 on: April 14, 2024, 09:26:04 pm »
Again depends. If one wasn't too happy about them winning the first time particularly because of financial doping / sportswashing, I can understand.

Sure, you could appreciate some late drama and Utd losing out. But that's the limit.

Most didn't care then.

I just want you to know, that although you and your snideness (and the snideness of other fans of your club on here) might be tolerated by others, a lot of us see you for what you are.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7415 on: April 14, 2024, 09:29:43 pm »
I have to say the atmosphere was crap for our game today but at least our fans stayed until the end. That was embarrassing from Arsenal.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7416 on: April 14, 2024, 09:36:11 pm »
I have to say the atmosphere was crap for our game today but at least our fans stayed until the end. That was embarrassing from Arsenal.

Do you think the fans thinking it's an easy game transfers onto the pitch? I'm thinking more about us and our last three games.  Before the game I think most fans were at least quietly confident of a win.
Not sure if Arsenal fans would be quite as confident ahead of their Villa game (given the strength of the opposition).
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7417 on: April 14, 2024, 09:50:32 pm »
I just want you to know, that although you and your snideness (and the snideness of other fans of your club on here) might be tolerated by others, a lot of us see you for what you are.
yep, found one of those. :D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #7418 on: April 14, 2024, 10:07:53 pm »
I told you their legs would go.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7419 on: April 14, 2024, 10:09:14 pm »
yep, found one of those. :D
I’m bet you comment on BBC sport HYS don’t you? You just seem like one of them.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #7420 on: April 14, 2024, 10:43:21 pm »

No doubt. It’s city’s legs we’re all waiting to go  :-\

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #7421 on: April 15, 2024, 12:06:50 am »
So have ours though, unfortunately.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #7422 on: April 15, 2024, 12:17:55 am »
I know I'm late to this party, but goddamn, Arsenal. You can't fuck it up when we're fucking up, too. 115 has a clear run at the title now.

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #7423 on: April 16, 2024, 04:17:58 am »
I think Emery would do better with this squad. They just don't have a winning manager.

Im sure Liverpool fans of all fans know just what your up against competing against Pep's Man City. Beating Man City over 38 games is probably the most difficult challenge in English football history. One, because Pep is an excellent manager and motivator. Two, City are likely cheating and giving an already elite manager an artificial leg up. I reckon even Ferguson would have been blanked by this City team under Pep. A team that could literally do back-to-back trebles.

How do you think you will go next year against City under Pep with Amorim as manager? Daunting isn't is?

Were fine with Arteta. We know just what we are up against, as do you. By the way, Emery was useless for us. Arteta has improved the football at Arsenal in ways Emery was never going to. And where were all the Emery lovers last week when they got slapped up by Spurs 4-0 at Villa park? Come to think of it, why didn't Liverpool make an attempt for Emery?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7424 on: April 16, 2024, 05:25:59 am »
Im sure Liverpool fans of all fans know just what your up against competing against Pep's Man City. Beating Man City over 38 games is probably the most difficult challenge in English football history. One, because Pep is an excellent manager and motivator. Two, City are likely cheating and giving an already elite manager an artificial leg up. I reckon even Ferguson would have been blanked by this City team under Pep. A team that could literally do back-to-back trebles.

How do you think you will go next year against City under Pep with Amorim as manager? Daunting isn't is?

Were fine with Arteta. We know just what we are up against, as do you. By the way, Emery was useless for us. Arteta has improved the football at Arsenal in ways Emery was never going to. And where were all the Emery lovers last week when they got slapped up by Spurs 4-0 at Villa park? Come to think of it, why didn't Liverpool make an attempt for Emery?

a) it’s Guardiola, not ‘Pep’. He’s a prick of a man, a cheat as a player and a manager, no need to pander to him with nicknames. None of us are so lazy as not to be able to type his surname.

b) Daunting? No. The PL is a shitshow. It’s great to win cups, games, a title, whatever. But if you don’t, also not really that big a deal. Granted, I’m too old these days to give much of a shit, been there done that.

As for Emery, like with Wenger at the end, Arsenal fans seemed to be very disrespectful and twattish towards him. Just a genuinely terrible fanbase as was witnessed again at the weekend.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7425 on: April 16, 2024, 06:36:13 am »
a) it’s Guardiola, not ‘Pep’. He’s a prick of a man, a cheat as a player and a manager, no need to pander to him with nicknames. None of us are so lazy as not to be able to type his surname.

b) Daunting? No. The PL is a shitshow. It’s great to win cups, games, a title, whatever. But if you don’t, also not really that big a deal. Granted, I’m too old these days to give much of a shit, been there done that.

As for Emery, like with Wenger at the end, Arsenal fans seemed to be very disrespectful and twattish towards him. Just a genuinely terrible fanbase as was witnessed again at the weekend.

Arsenal fans actually mostly liked Emery, don’t think many have a bad word to say about him, he became a guy that was poked fun at by the media and other fans in general. The Good Ebening memes still do the rounds of various fan bases.

He’s a very good coach, especially if you want to go far and progress in a European competition, that seems to be his niche. However, at the likes of Villa, Sevilla and Villarreal, he can choose to concentrate on them at the end of a season and let the league form slip. Im not sure you get away with that at a top club. He done it at Arsenal and we won 1 out of the last 5 games and missed out on top 4 by a point to Spurs. That was the start of his downfall from which he never really recovered. He had 1 win in 5 league games for Villa before the Arsenal game, but in between good Conference League performances . It’s what he does.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7426 on: April 16, 2024, 08:32:28 am »
I know I'm late to this party, but goddamn, Arsenal. You can't fuck it up when we're fucking up, too. 115 has a clear run at the title now.
They'll be more disappointed by last week's results because it was in their hands and they had a chance to build a 3-point lead over us with a superior GD.

In the space of a week, it's gone from being in our hands then to Arsenal's hands and now it's in City's hands.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7427 on: April 16, 2024, 09:30:25 am »
Had 5 Live on pre-match on Sunday and they must have had the mic in front of some cockney fool screeching NOWF LANDAN FOWEVAAAAHHH WOWEVA THE WEVVAAHHHHHHHH

What the frig is that song about?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7428 on: April 16, 2024, 10:20:55 am »
Had 5 Live on pre-match on Sunday and they must have had the mic in front of some cockney fool screeching NOWF LANDAN FOWEVAAAAHHH WOWEVA THE WEVVAAHHHHHHHH

What the frig is that song about?

Catchy wee tune that isn’t it Bradders?  ;)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7429 on: April 16, 2024, 11:38:36 am »
They'll be more disappointed by last week's results because it was in their hands and they had a chance to build a 3-point lead over us with a superior GD.

In the space of a week, it's gone from being in our hands then to Arsenal's hands and now it's in City's hands.

The cheats dont feel pressure because success is just a transaction for them, they buy it like a new car.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7430 on: April 16, 2024, 12:54:39 pm »
Catchy wee tune that isn’t it Bradders?  ;)

Stuck in my head the same way Baby Shark gets there.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7431 on: April 16, 2024, 01:23:14 pm »

Better when sung by pwopar pearly kings n queens
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7432 on: April 16, 2024, 01:56:22 pm »

To be fair, ‘pre match anthems’ aren’t always great if you really want to critique them, it’s just tradition has made them so. I mean, City have Blue Moon, West Ham have Bubbles etc. At least The Angel is a song about Islington and the surrounding area, it just doesn’t have the history that others have.
I wouldn’t ever dare critique You’ll Never Walk Alone given how it’s now entwined emotionally with the Liverpool fan base. Let’s just say as a Rangers fan it’s not my favourite song, but that’s nothing to do with Liverpool.  :-[
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 02:02:42 pm by ScottishGoon »

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7433 on: April 16, 2024, 05:42:11 pm »

Ach to be fair, it's a fair point. Probably wrote that being more irked by the fact that they've also let City claim another fraudulent title.

Taking a step back, both Liverpool and Arsenal's losses at the weekend shouldn't rule them out of the title race. It should be a natural thing for teams to drop points but Man City have set unrealistic expectations due to their cheating. Unfortunately, mentally it does absolutely feel like both are out of it.

That is not a good look for the Premier League. As much as the broadcasters and media will do their best to write a Hollywood narrative and protect the brand for their viewing figures, the fact is the league would be more entertaining without Man City.

Online Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7434 on: April 16, 2024, 09:03:22 pm »
Emery won't do better with this squad than Arteta in the league. I did not want Emery out, but even when we were apparently good under Emery, our underlying numbers were not good.

Very good chance that Emery wins a European Cup at Liverpool if Liverpool hires him. :)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7435 on: April 17, 2024, 03:02:59 am »
Emery won't do better with this squad than Arteta in the league. I did not want Emery out, but even when we were apparently good under Emery, our underlying numbers were not good.

Very good chance that Emery wins a European Cup at Liverpool if Liverpool hires him. :)
I don't necessarily agree with your view on Emery. He arrived at yours in a transitional time, the club was in turmoil, and he wasn't given half the backing that Arteta has been afforded. I'm kinda glad you didn't have the patience with him... :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7436 on: April 17, 2024, 05:10:36 am »
I don't necessarily agree with your view on Emery. He arrived at yours in a transitional time, the club was in turmoil, and he wasn't given half the backing that Arteta has been afforded. I'm kinda glad you didn't have the patience with him... :)
Though Emery did not have complete control over signings (e.g., Pepe wasn't his choice), Arsenal spent around 70m and 90m net in the two summer transfer windows under him.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7437 on: April 17, 2024, 05:46:19 am »
Though Emery did not have complete control over signings (e.g., Pepe wasn't his choice), Arsenal spent around 70m and 90m net in the two summer transfer windows under him.
Arsenal spent decent amount of money in every window since Wenger left, but that's not the support that a manager needs. I'm on the outside, so I don't pretend to know, but it seemed that the club structure was not established, the manager didn't have the necessary input on players and style, and he definitely wasn't given enough time to stamp his image on the club. Could be wrong though...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7438 on: April 17, 2024, 06:56:04 am »
I hope Havertz scores tonight so I get to listen to his chant. Must be amongst my favourite ones these days. ;D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7439 on: April 17, 2024, 07:18:30 am »

As I said previously, Emery is a very good coach. However, what we’re seeing with Emery is people projecting rather than the reality. What he’s shown is that he’s a very good manager in European football, winning Europa League, getting to finals and even taking Villarreal to semi final of Champions League. However, in all his time as a manager, he’s never won a domestic competition outside of PSG, and anyone can make PSG win stuff, even Poch. And he’s never shown outside of Paris that he can win 28-30 games that’s needed to win the Premier League.

What we see is that he’s a very good tactician, as can be seen by his European record. This can translate to individual games in the Premier League, like we’ve seen from him vs Arsenal and Man City in the past. But we’ve also seen that from other coaches before. But getting that drive to you players, that level of consistency to get win after win after win, week after week, is very difficult to do in this league. Arteta has shown that he can get mighty close to it. Emery has not, so yeah, as much as I like Emery, I’m happy just now with Arteta.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:20:25 am by ScottishGoon »