Author Topic: Full time LFC 2-1WBA  (Read 27469 times)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: Full time LFC 2-1WBA
« Reply #240 on: October 22, 2016, 08:45:28 pm »
I've an awful quare feeling we're going to win the bastarding league
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #241 on: October 22, 2016, 08:46:30 pm »
A lot of the posts on here sound similar to Barcelona players whenever they suffer an upset. It's a kind of disbelief that a team would dare to adopt a playing style that actually makes them uncomfortable rather than one that plays right into their hands.

Teams are allowed to play a different style of football. West Brom were breaking no rules by crowding around Karius and generally packing players into the box for set pieces.

Great result though and another good performance for around 80 minutes. A somewhat frenetic finish but on another day it would've been over long before that, just wasn't our day in front of goal.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »
Pluses: We are developing character with these tricky finishes to games; we weren't really troubled much from open play. This team have gears to move up into.

I wonder what is going through Jurgen's mind in relation to his 1st choice keeper? He looks so flappy, is NOT commanding things in his box and his decision making is currently well off. Matip, thus far, is a Rolls Royce player. I'm extremely impressed with James Milner; amazing he has had less stick playing there than Moreno- a dedicated left back. I'm curious to see where Ings is at. I cannot wait for Can to get upto speed and look like he belongs in this midfield. Annoying not to get the 3rd (4th or 5th) but I'll be glad to not hit top spot too early. Let the gooners take top and have their usual post xmas flap.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2016, 09:01:17 pm »
that was nervy af. unbelievable that we couldnt stick a third goal past them.
oh and that group celebration Firmino has implemented is wank. still fun to see the boys having fun and enjoying themselves mind you but yeah, wank.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2016, 09:02:23 pm »
Not to give unfair stick to the officials but really?!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2016, 09:02:47 pm »
Most one sided 2-1 game I've seen, and I'd argue it's the best match we've had against a Pulis managed club.
We toyed with them and could have easily walked away as 4-0 winners.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2016, 09:03:40 pm »
8)

I like that... think we need to see an Ozzy flag, arms aloft, Klopp face (or something).

Was becoming fairly confident during the second half that we wouldn't have to go through those last 10 minutes. I wasn't overly confident we'd score that needed third to put things to bed either, although we would have deserved it. (I did think we might tho pretty please?)

Very important win tho of course. And it's good to win a game like that - the more games we win after we should run out winners... (i.e being dominant/lots of chances/some goals - late reply) the better - and would I be right in thinking that a sense of panic, although not gone in these situations, has maybe been worked on etc?.. there's a bit more calm about it anyway it seems.

When teams about you drop points, and we play later on or the next day, the deflation of doing the same can feel a kick in the teeth, and we often manage to comply, so am pretty bloody happy with that. Some good play too... sumptuous opener, great finish for the 2nd. No point even entering the debate about corners - we concede them, and will concede them all season and if we score another 2 goals ourselves from a corner I'd be amazed. Having said that... why is Firmino back there in the middle - doesn't that just add to the problem? No? Must be just me. It's just mental.

But whatever the debate and the chat about our performance etc... today was, for me, a result day, and we got it. The fact that the performance overall was also pretty good, is double plus good.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2016, 09:05:46 pm »
What the fuck is he on? Can they do it against the chelsea's and arsenal's? Haven't we played them you bellend?!

Anyway, Good win. Should have put it to bed earlier.

I was thinking the exact same thing. How these planks get gigs commentating is beyond me.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2016, 09:09:08 pm »
has anyone seen a good goal line angle of their goal?

i'm convinced it was offside, karius's view was completely blocked by the guy in the front of mcauley and the ball (unless milner played them on?)

usually having vision blocked is offside, but then they fully ran into each other too

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:02 pm »
Tony Pulis - arsewipe.

He's definitely the kind of guy who accidentally walks in on the girls changing room showers.

NAILED IT.

[applause.gif]

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »
has anyone seen a good goal line angle of their goal?

i'm convinced it was offside, karius's view was completely blocked by the guy in the front of mcauley and the ball (unless milner played them on?)

usually having vision blocked is offside, but then they fully ran into each other too

They were offside yes. The officials also missed Matip getting grabbed/grappled/fouled at the other end before their goal which should have been a penalty.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:32 pm »

pretty good dancing... considering he's estonian

Online johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 22, 2016, 09:14:53 pm »
Most one sided 2-1 game I've seen, and I'd argue it's the best match we've had against a Pulis managed club.
We toyed with them and could have easily walked away as 4-0 winners.

But we didn't. Only stat that matters is the scoreline. Can you put it in the net more times than them? Yes or no?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 22, 2016, 09:15:31 pm »
Joel Matip is really good
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Upanishad

• Change is good
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • hi
« Reply #254 on: October 22, 2016, 09:22:06 pm »
Tony Pulis - arsewipe.

He's definitely the kind of guy who accidentally walks in on the girls changing room showers.

Me??
The fifty seventh manager of West Brom?
Wearing my sweaty post match training kit?
Accidentally walking in on the girls changing room showers?
With my reputation???

Bingo!!!!!

Voyager-1 is on course to approach a star called AC +793888, but it will only get to within two light-years of it and it will be tens of thousands of years before it does so.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #255 on: October 22, 2016, 09:27:14 pm »
pretty good dancing... considering he's estonian

Haha!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2016, 09:27:45 pm »
Just keep piling on the points, lads. Excellent start to the season.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2016, 09:28:16 pm »
But we didn't. Only stat that matters is the scoreline. Can you put it in the net more times than them? Yes or no?
Umm yes? ???

I get picking people up on the "We could/should have won by 10" if we don't end up winning at all, but we won, so your post doesn't make sense?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2016, 09:29:54 pm »
Always nice to beat Pulis.

We were sublime at times, played some lovely stuff. Thought Matip and Lovren were excellent again, both won so many headers. Lallana too, he's really become an integral part of the eleven.

No injuries. Boom. Hopefully give a run out to Lucas, Grujic, Klavan, Mignolet and Origi on Tuesday.

94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2016, 09:32:03 pm »
Hahah I'm glad I wasn't the one who was confused as fuck. "They need to do this against the Chelseas and Arsenals..... Wait a minute..."

The only thing that boils my piss more than should/could/would "OF" is the nonsensical pluralisations of clubs/players....I wont harm with blunt crayons when I hear it.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #260 on: October 22, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »
The only thing that boils my piss more than should/could/would "OF" is the nonsensical pluralisations of clubs/players....I wont harm with blunt crayons when I hear it.
You would say that, that's just not the kind of comment you get from your Samie's and your Heelsy's.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 22, 2016, 09:36:19 pm »
I know it may be a bit premature to say this, but our team right now is more complete than the one that nearly one the league a couple of seasons ago.  Then, we relied on the unbelievable brilliance of Suarez - everything that hit his foot/head/shin went in.  He made everyone else look good, just picking up his scraps and running into the space left by the four defenders trying to stop him.  But this year there is so much balance - every week, you could pick any of Mane, Coutinho, Firming, Lallana or Sturridge to score.  Defenders don't know who to try to stop.  It's awesome to watch.  Still yet to be seen whether we can defend set pieces well enough to win the league, but man we look good.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #262 on: October 22, 2016, 09:43:18 pm »
It`s been a while since Liverpool was this dominant in PL. For the most part we thoroughly dominate the ball and chances in games. Klopp is truly building something very special here. Long may this continue.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2016, 09:44:53 pm »
Could you just imagine Suarez in this team??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2016, 09:46:23 pm »
I know it may be a bit premature to say this, but our team right now is more complete than the one that nearly one the league a couple of seasons ago.  Then, we relied on the unbelievable brilliance of Suarez - everything that hit his foot/head/shin went in.  He made everyone else look good, just picking up his scraps and running into the space left by the four defenders trying to stop him.  But this year there is so much balance - every week, you could pick any of Mane, Coutinho, Firming, Lallana or Sturridge to score.  Defenders don't know who to try to stop.  It's awesome to watch.  Still yet to be seen whether we can defend set pieces well enough to win the league, but man we look good.
Yes, and while our attack is not as brilliant as it was that season, our team as a whole well-oiled to the point that we still find the goals even without the world class performances of Suarez/Sturridge, and without the set pieces/blinding through balls of Gerrard.

Our movement is more interesting, our midfield much better-functioning and, of course, the defence looks much improved.

The only two things that concern me are: 1) set piece defending, and 2) injuries to key players. I don't believe we have the depth to deal with a prolonged injury to Matip, Milner, Clyne or some other players. So it's kind of lucky that we aren't in Europe and don't need so much depth, but in terms of winning the title...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2016, 09:47:47 pm »
One area which hasnt been highlighted by some of the so called experts is our ability to win the ball back and not in the counter pressing type situations. There are times our passing goes completely off but its not long before we get it back and as a result our possession stats are very high. Because of that I think this whole intensity thing and burning out may not actually happen. Hopefully.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2016, 09:49:26 pm »
it really is the best site. ever!

I was relying on my wife's dad recording this and watching it this evening, the recording failed, fullmatchesandshows to the rescue!

Fantastic result and wow, this LFC team consistently score absolutely bloody superb goals.

Offline denebowdalo

• Boys Pen
« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2016, 09:54:18 pm »
Marvellous performance tonight.

Despite the goal, the defence looked extremely solid with Matip in particular looking very composed, and you can feel the crowd is confident with him in possession of the ball (in stark contrast to Sakho).

Feel sorry for the criticism that Karius is taking, didn't do much wrong with very little to do. Their goal is offside btw, and again shithouse officials a minute before don't give anything for Olsson manhandling Matip, consistently shite as ever.

Keep beating this type of team and ...  8). Up the Reds!

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2016, 09:56:18 pm »
Why are people complaining about Karius.  He had absolutely nothing to do today.

I haven't been but that's not really a great endorsement on a keeper who conceded. He was all over the place for the cross that lead to the corner then glued to his line for the corner itself that was the goal

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2016, 10:01:54 pm »
In the past we should have shit ourselves in the last 10 minutes and probably dropped 2 points. But although it a got bit nervy, thought we more likely to get a 3rd than them grab the most undeserved equaliser of all time!

Notice as well this season, no fucker bullies our boys around anymore, we get stuck in and hunt in packs to regain the ball or to help a team mate out if they're in trouble no matter who the opposition.

Almost glad we gave Pulis the sniff of a point, he'll be even more gutted he walked away with nothing, and it proves we don't cave in under pressure like we used too.

Our quick pass and move stuff when it's comes off is undefendable at times and a joy to watch.

3 points was vital today to make up for 2 we dropped against the Manchester version of West Brom on Monday, made up we got them, ok we didn't go top, but no prizes for that anyway in October!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2016, 10:01:59 pm »
Shame we couldn't put more past the bastards.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2016, 10:02:29 pm »
I had to miss the second half but what impressed me most about the first half performance was the way that, despite the pressure and them having everyone back, we still managed to frequently get passes through to players on the run rather than stood stationary with their backs to goal. I think at times we will struggle in midfield but certainly what we are getting from them consistently at the moment is the creativity and incision in their passing, and with the front three that we possess it is invaluable.

The other impressive thing is that we seem capable of scoring pretty much every type of goal imaginable. Look on youtube and theres a video somewhere of match of the days goal of the season competition from the late 80s and practically every single one was from a liverpool player; we could be on for similar this year! 25 yard free kicks, 30 yarders, headers, beautiful team moves, counter attacks, you name it weve already done it this season. Teams will make it so difficult for us to play but as long as we have this variety in our goalscoring, from multiple different players, you always feel we have a chance.

I shouldnt dedicate too much thinking time to man utd but it was funny seeing pulis using exactly the same tactics as mourinho. Stick him in charge at united and shitcoat in charge of west brom and the results today and monday would probably be exactly the same. Only difference being that mourinho has a team worth an absolute fuckload of cash.

Im doing the preview for the southampton game in a month; palace away and watford home before then. 6 points from those and its going to be one giddy pre match post.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2016, 10:12:37 pm »
Really pleased with the result and most of the performance. We just became a little bit lax in the last 15 minutes and once again conceded from a set piece.
YNWA

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2016, 10:19:40 pm »
The score didnt reflect the game.  On another day this is a 4-0 game. This was a really good performance, really pleased.

Onto midweek.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2016, 10:24:33 pm »
That first goal of our's  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2016, 10:26:21 pm »
I was surprised that Klopp didn't have Lucas come on earlier and move Hendo further forward like he has before late in matches. But I guess Lucas may be playing a full 90 midweek.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2016, 10:29:46 pm »
2-1 is very flattering to WBA we battered them. We're bloody good & I'm loving it.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2016, 10:44:54 pm »
2-1. Well deserved three points. It's wonderful to watch us play at the moment. The intensity is there, the creativity too. Coutinho and Firmino are my favorite players, because you can see how they enjoy being out there. We should have scored another goal or three, but we won and got the three points. More of this type of football, please!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2016, 10:45:05 pm »
I was surprised that Klopp didn't have Lucas come on earlier and move Hendo further forward like he has before late in matches. But I guess Lucas may be playing a full 90 midweek.

It's interesting you mention that because I thought it was a reaction to how the players responded to their goal. The way we were pouring forward you would have thought West Brom had just equalised. The players seemed overly focused on getting a third goal in order to go top, when perhaps they should have been slowing the game down, keeping possession and frustrating the opposition.

This is what Klopp means when he talks about game management I believe. I could also be completely wrong. It's happened once or twice.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2016, 10:53:09 pm »
Could you just imagine Suarez in this team??

I would say we'd win the league. Was about to

But then remembered we had a decent front 5 with him playing. Scored over 100 goals

Defence did for us.

So I say to you imagine a strong defence in this team. Suarez is gone, the defence can be rectified

Starting with both full back areas. Which will probably be next season now
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp