Author Topic: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world  (Read 467599 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2016, 02:51:35 pm »
Some more on Venice from the Europa League final thread:
OP updated: Europe: Israel to Wales

Israel isn't in Europe. Do we have a middle east section?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2016, 03:11:27 pm »
Alaska / Anchorage ...anyone? I am leaving for Alaska tomorrow and it seems that there is no LFC bar in that US state ?! Thanks for help!

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2016, 06:45:19 pm »
Work has me in Singapore for the final. Anyone have any idea where I can watch the game there?
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2016, 10:46:24 pm »
Israel isn't in Europe.
Yeah. This is a football site though and Israeli teams play in the Champions League and the Europa League.

Do we have a middle east section?
Asia

Offline jimmyred2010

• Anny Roader
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:32 pm »
Saw a Stockholm lad in here, let me know where you're going. Ive just moved over and i want to find a good boozer to watch the reds to glory!

Usually O'Learys bars are decent ive seen but may try the dubliner out!

Come on you reds, im buzzing!

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2016, 10:16:37 pm »
I was in this pub in Malta last week, and while there wasn't football on at the time, there were big screens and there was Liverpool memorabilia everywhere, and was told by colleagues they show all Liverpool games. Was a really nice pub, friendly staff and they gave you LOADS of free food with your drinks.  We were given free bruschetta, Garlic Bread, chicken wings, and something else I can't remember in a period of about 2 hours. Highly recommended.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g227897-d4473610-Reviews-Zmerc_Pub-Balzan_Island_of_Malta.html

In the pictures on Tripadvisor, you can only see Arsenal and Man U scarfs, but while those are there, as well as other teams, it is dominated by Liverpool stuff.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:18:10 pm by elmo_swatloski »

Offline Jules77

• Kopite
  • Spirit of Shankly member
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2016, 05:32:21 am »
I'm in Vegas, anyone know what tv channel it's on?

Offline LRRP

• Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2016, 05:59:28 am »
Work has me in Singapore for the final. Anyone have any idea where I can watch the game there?

Muddy Murphy's along Somerset Road right in Orchard Rd.

Offline LRRP

• Main Stander
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2016, 06:21:50 am »

Another alternative is at Riverview Hotel, near Robertson Quay. It is where Liverpool fans usually watch the games at. Doors open at 2330. $15 first drink charge, 1 beer or 2 soft drinks.

Offline taninanak

• Boys Pen
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2016, 06:49:31 am »
I'm in Tokyo tonight and I'm trying to find a pub that broadcast the final in Minato area (I found 2 places in Shibuya, but the taxi price is insane).
Any ideas?
Tnx

Offline LRRP

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2016, 07:09:22 am »

East of Anfield at Penny Black seems the best bet now. All Reds are entitled Happy Hour all night till morning.

Located at Boat Quay.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2016, 07:29:20 am »
I'm in Vegas, anyone know what tv channel it's on?

Fox Sports 1

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=133473.msg14643484#msg14643484

and "pregame does indeed start at 2pm E on FS1"

By the way, that is the better thread to ask about the States: FAO: US Reds----tv info.

And MikaelLFC is well on top of all that stuff. Find him in here: Is the next Liverpool match on TV/radio/stream anywhere? 2015/2016 (links in OP).

(This www.livesoccertv.com/match/1954545/liverpool-vs-sevilla/ lists Fox Sports 1 USA, ESPN Deportes TV, Fox Soccer 2GO USA, ESPN Deportes Radio, Fox Sports GO, WATCH ESPN.)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2016, 07:43:11 am »
I don't see Malaga in the Spain section. Anyone recommend me a good bar there to watch?

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2016, 08:25:27 am »
I was in this pub in Malta last week, and while there wasn't football on at the time, there were big screens and there was Liverpool memorabilia everywhere, and was told by colleagues they show all Liverpool games. Was a really nice pub, friendly staff and they gave you LOADS of free food with your drinks.  We were given free bruschetta, Garlic Bread, chicken wings, and something else I can't remember in a period of about 2 hours. Highly recommended.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g227897-d4473610-Reviews-Zmerc_Pub-Balzan_Island_of_Malta.html

In the pictures on Tripadvisor, you can only see Arsenal and Man U scarfs, but while those are there, as well as other teams, it is dominated by Liverpool stuff.
:thumbup Europe: Israel to Wales

Muddy Murphy's along Somerset Road right in Orchard Rd.
Another alternative is at Riverview Hotel, near Robertson Quay. It is where Liverpool fans usually watch the games at. Doors open at 2330. $15 first drink charge, 1 beer or 2 soft drinks.
:thumbup Asia

Re the Riverview Hotel: they're rebranding. I think they say it kicks in officially on 1 July but it seems to be already calling itself that. Hence the different name in the listing (if you click the Asia link above). The game's on in the "Four Points Eatery and The Best Brew (1st storey)" apparently: https://www.facebook.com/fourpointssingapore/photos/a.370546006346654.85641.216476915086898/1055211724546742/?type=3

www.YNWatchA.com/singapore.html

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2016, 09:14:43 am »
I don't see Malaga in the Spain section. Anyone recommend me a good bar there to watch?

Sorry; I got in the way there.

Malaga anyone?

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2016, 09:26:29 am »
Saw a Stockholm lad in here, let me know where you're going. Ive just moved over and i want to find a good boozer to watch the reds to glory!

Usually O'Learys bars are decent ive seen but may try the dubliner out!

Come on you reds, im buzzing!
If you have facebook then you can check out the official Swedish supporters club for more information: https://www.facebook.com/LFC.NU/

Regarding the final: they posted a link with meetups in Sweden, and in Stockholm there will be both in O'Learys (from 19:30) and The Dubliners, so I reckon both will be worth a shot!

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2016, 09:36:20 am »
If anybody's in Valencia, Spain, then THE place to be today is St Patrick's (Gran Via del Marqués del Túria, 69) with live music from 19:00 (Liverpool themed of course) and then the final at 20:45.

I'll start with some pints a euro with fellow Reds at 18:00 though so they better be prepared when we get there! ;D

Offline IckeScouse

• Boys Pen
« Reply #257 on: August 5, 2016, 04:40:54 pm »
Welcome to RAWK's list of the bars, clubs and other venues that show Liverpool matches around the world. Hopefully when travelling to a new country, no-one will have to miss that important game. Thanks to many years of submissions by RAWK members, there is a good chance that you will find here either a Liverpool-friendly bar or the best available bar in whatever far foreign land you may find yourself.

All the entries have been submitted by RAWK members but inevitably some of the information will be out of date. So it's a good idea to check with the venue themselves. Please let us know of any errors and omissions - usually bars closing down/moving or dead links to websites.

If you need an update on Berlin, Hamburg or Munich I might help you. We formed a new supporters club in Berlin, BERLIN REDS and organize Pub Viewings and help the other cities to become more organized.

Cheers!

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2016, 06:43:52 am »
I'm going to be in Phnom Penh for the game on Sunday. Think it will be a 23:00 kick off local time if my maths is correct. Anybody know if the four bars in the links on the first page are still showing games? In particular Edens bar, as that sounds the most enticing.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2016, 02:06:54 pm »
I'm going to be in Phnom Penh for the game on Sunday. Think it will be a 23:00 kick off local time if my maths is correct. Anybody know if the four bars in the links on the first page are still showing games? In particular Edens bar, as that sounds the most enticing.
It's 10pm kick off. 6 hours difference during BST as Cambodia doesn't change its clocks.

Eden's (3 Mangoes) on St 360 is going strong and is a lovely, friendly place. Call him and he'll help you out re finding it or anything else. The game will deffo be on. He's a big Liverpool supporter.

The big sports bar in PP is Score Bar on St 278. They'll have it on one of the many many screens. Find them on Facebook.

Paddy Rice is on the riverside so would be more convenient if you're in that area. Corner of St 136.

Gym Bar will probably be closed at that time, to be honest.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2016, 03:40:08 pm »
It's 10pm kick off. 6 hours difference during BST as Cambodia doesn't change its clocks.

Eden's (3 Mangoes) on St 360 is going strong and is a lovely, friendly place. Call him and he'll help you out re finding it or anything else. The game will deffo be on. He's a big Liverpool supporter.

The big sports bar in PP is Score Bar on St 278. They'll have it on one of the many many screens. Find them on Facebook.

Paddy Rice is on the riverside so would be more convenient if you're in that area. Corner of St 136.

Gym Bar will probably be closed at that time, to be honest.

Cheers mate. I thought it was six hours but the world clock on my phone is an hour out making me think it was seven!

We're staying in the white mansion on st 240 so 1.3km from Edens if Google maps is telling the truth.

What would be your recommendation on where to go? Not after a place with a massive atmosphere or anything, just one that isn't mad busy so I can get a decent spec and watch the game peacefully!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2016, 08:49:03 pm »

Cheers mate. I thought it was six hours but the world clock on my phone is an hour out making me think it was seven!

We're staying in the white mansion on st 240 so 1.3km from Edens if Google maps is telling the truth.

What would be your recommendation on where to go? Not after a place with a massive atmosphere or anything, just one that isn't mad busy so I can get a decent spec and watch the game peacefully!

Eden's. [emoji106]

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2016, 12:58:37 am »
;D cheers for your help mate.

I'll be back in here to ask the same question but for Vietnam and Thailand over the next month too!

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2016, 01:51:15 pm »
Hey guys, recommendations for watching the first game while in Rio de Janeiro?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2016, 01:59:56 pm »
Any idea about where (channel info/ internet sites/ pub anything will do) to watch the upcoming weekend games in Shenzhen in the downtown area? (I can't go to HongKong)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2016, 03:40:44 pm »
Does anyone know where I can watch tomorrow's game around the Knightsbridge area?

Offline diaspora

• Main Stander
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2016, 04:00:01 pm »
Does anyone know where I can watch tomorrow's game around the Knightsbridge area?

Its on Sky so Sky Pub finder can be useful https://pubfinder.sky.com
Type Belgravia in search doc

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2016, 09:32:56 pm »
Is Lord Jim still the spot in Rio,  does anyone know?

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2016, 11:42:47 am »
Best place to watch the game today in Barcelona?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2016, 01:56:24 pm »
Watched the Arsenal game in Paddy Rice in Phnom Penh. Decent venue. They do decent pub grub and it's USD 1.50 a beer, only a dollar during happy hour (4-8pm). Was a fair few in but a few dissapeared after the united game so it wasn't too crowded at any point. I'd say get there early to get a table in front of the big screen as there's only four or five with a view of it. Was four decent sized TVs above the bar and you could sit at the bar and watch. Just get a sore neck! We managed to claim a table just before our kick off though.

I'm in Hanoi for the Burnley game this weekend, any recommendations anyone?

Offline Fluke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2016, 08:20:57 pm »
I can confirm that Lord Jim still shows the games in Rio.  It's not exclusively an LFC pub, but they have a few screens and a nice local lager.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2016, 04:57:51 pm »
Any recommendations for Hanoi? Preferably in the old quarter as that's where I will be staying.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 20, 2016, 03:47:15 am »
Any recommendations for Hanoi? Preferably in the old quarter as that's where I will be staying.

Send a message to Vietliv.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 20, 2016, 05:06:37 am »
Yeah I have done. Not seen him post for months but he was online the other day.

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2016, 05:07:51 pm »
Munich:

The Keg Bar
Trautenwolfstraße 1
80802 Munich
http://thekeg.de/

Fon: +49 89 38999950
Email: info@thekeg.de

American place. Loads of US-Mancs behind the bar. Tegernseer on tap, Guiness too. Food is good and a lot cheaper than in the irish pubs.
One massive screen, one big telly and a small one above the bar. Watched us beat Arsenal there two weeks ago, the place was dead thanks to the weather. It says on the website (horribly outdated) that they open at 5pm but during the Premier League Season they open an hour before the lunchtime kick off.
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline furns

• Main Stander
  • It all started with Craig Johnston
    • Liverpool Supporters Club NSW
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2016, 09:58:21 am »
GDay,
Just a quick update for the New South Wales, Australia listings
Please remove Civic Pub - no longer shows games.
All supporters in Canberra & ACT can watch games at Hellenic Club
Please remove Sydney Junction Hotel (SJ's) - no longer shows games
All supporters in Newcastle & Hunter Valley can watch EPL fixtures at Wests New Lambton. Unfortunately Cup games are currently telecast on beIN Sports which Wests doesnt carry.

Please add
Central Coast - (Gosford)

Sidelines Bar & Grill - LFC Northern NSW Official Venue (LFC NSW Sub-branch)
8/12 Karalta Road
Erina, NSW 2250
(02) 4365 1071
facebook.com/sidelinescc

Opening hours vary - please check venue Facebook page prior to fixture

It might also be worth adding a disclaimer under the state links.
"Please be aware that EPL games are now telecast via Optus Sport which is not carried by all venues. Official supporters clubs venues will carry the Optus channels but if you intend to visit a different venue please ring them to ensure they will be showing the EPL."

Cheers guys
Any Liverpool supporters in NSW, Australia please contact us club@lfcnsw.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw
Twitter: @LFCNSW

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2016, 11:48:23 am »
Munich:
:thumbup

GDay,
Just a quick update for the New South Wales, Australia listings

Should I add Club Marconi too?

Offline furns

• Main Stander
  • It all started with Craig Johnston
    • Liverpool Supporters Club NSW
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2016, 12:50:50 pm »

Should I add Club Marconi too?
Mate you are on the ball :)
Yep, completely forgot to put that in my post as an Official LFC NSW venue for Western Sydney. If you could add that it would be fantastic. thx
Any Liverpool supporters in NSW, Australia please contact us club@lfcnsw.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw
Twitter: @LFCNSW

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2016, 02:34:41 pm »
Looking for somewhere to watch the Leicester game next weekend in Marrakech.

Does anyone know of anywhere decent? I know BT Sports is unlikely but hopeful there'll be somewhere showing the 5:30 KO.

Thanks chaps!

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #279 on: September 3, 2016, 08:53:35 pm »
Slightly off topic any decent bars up around Anfield to watch Celtic v Rangers next Sat?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”