Author Topic: The Men in Suits behind the scenes  (Read 572766 times)

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #6400 on: May 16, 2024, 02:23:38 pm »
Vasco De Gama, Standard Liege, Genoa, Hertha BSC, and Red Star in France - these are all exactly the profile of clubs they should be looking at. By the way when people talk about multi-club ownership, it can mean more than 2 clubs right? Considering the circumstances of when FSG got us (on the cheap due to the crooks), these clubs could all be a bit of a bargain too if 777 goes tits up.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6401 on: May 16, 2024, 03:57:13 pm »
777 Partners have had their Brazilian club, Vasco de Gama taken off them by Brazilian courts, after 777 reneged on payments to buy the club.

https://twitter.com/rodrigocapelo/status/1790948378215399830

In an injunction, the Rio de Janeiro Court suspended the contract that grants control over Vasco's SAF to 777 Partners. Football temporarily returns to the association. We brought the first information about this important and controversial decision in @geglobo and @sportv

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6402 on: May 16, 2024, 04:25:33 pm »
FSG should lowball 777 for all their clubs. Their portfolio is decent. Maybe we can buy 2 and get 2 for free LOL?

I'd steer clear of Germany though.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6403 on: May 16, 2024, 04:36:40 pm »
Courts in Belgium have got 777's assets i.e Liege.  ;D

https://twitter.com/PhilippeAuclair/status/1791126114108158055

All of 777 Partners football assets in Belgium have been seized following a decision par the Tribunal of first instance of Liège. More details to follow.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6404 on: May 16, 2024, 04:46:25 pm »
It's collapsing around their ears. Clearly triggers being pulled everywhere.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6405 on: May 16, 2024, 04:52:10 pm »
It's collapsing around their ears. Clearly triggers being pulled everywhere.

And the Bitters are still flashing their knickers at them.

Wonder if they'll ask for the £200 million back immediately seeing as they've lost all these clubs?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6406 on: May 16, 2024, 05:24:00 pm »
Vasco De Gama, Standard Liege, Genoa, Hertha BSC, and Red Star in France - these are all exactly the profile of clubs they should be looking at. By the way when people talk about multi-club ownership, it can mean more than 2 clubs right? Considering the circumstances of when FSG got us (on the cheap due to the crooks), these clubs could all be a bit of a bargain too if 777 goes tits up.

The problem though is that fans of those clubs have been protesting about being owned by a multi-club ownership group.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6407 on: May 16, 2024, 05:25:18 pm »
I'd be happy with Vasco De Gama and Standard Liege.

Vasco are a big side in Brazil and we need to tap into that market more effectively. Liege could be an in between club to help straighten out passport and visa issues, and acclimatize to Europe.

Happy is the wrong word though. I'm actually concerned about multi-club ownership, as why would fans of other teams support their club... just for it to be a stepping stone? Or a mere pawn in someone else's wider game of chess?

I hope we do it in a way that tries to ensure a win-win, and the club/s we acquire come out of it well too.

Overall I don't like it, but the overriding feeling is if you can't beat them, join them. 

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6408 on: May 16, 2024, 05:28:09 pm »

Vasco are a big side in Brazil and we need to tap into that market more effectively. Liege could be an in between club to help straighten out passport and visa issues, and acclimatize to Europe.

Happy is the wrong word though. I'm actually concerned about multi-club ownership, as why would fans of other teams support their club... just for it to be a stepping stone? Or a mere pawn in someone else's wider game of chess?

I hope we do it in a way that tries to ensure a win-win, and the club/s we acquire come out of it well too.

Overall I don't like it, but the overriding feeling is if you can't beat them, join them.
They are stepping stones with or without it. No top player will stay at those clubs throughout his career.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6409 on: May 16, 2024, 05:37:17 pm »
They are stepping stones with or without it. No top player will stay at those clubs throughout his career.

I get that. It's true.

Still, I hope that we act in a way that the club/s we acquire do well out of it too.

Edit:
And there are several reasons to think they will, with better financial stability behind them, and joined up processes around coaching, player development, and even how to run the club administratively.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6410 on: May 16, 2024, 06:54:36 pm »
I don't know if it's relevant here but the suits have come out and declared the Club's support for VAR. I don't know if any match going supporters were ever asked about what we think, but I guess as long as they can increase season ticket prices when getting ever increasing sponsorship millions the people who provide the 'Anfield experience' don't count?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6411 on: May 16, 2024, 07:03:25 pm »

Like anything,  if its going well then they will be happy enough with the model. Look at Wolves, dodgy relationship with Mendes, were their fans complaining as it brought them great players and into the Prem

I don't believe that whoever FSG go for will exist solely as feeder clubs, it will be mutually beneficial relationship also. For a Brazilian club I would imagine they may appreciate the stability it could bring.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6412 on: May 16, 2024, 07:14:45 pm »
I don't know if it's relevant here but the suits have come out and declared the Club's support for VAR. I don't know if any match going supporters were ever asked about what we think, but I guess as long as they can increase season ticket prices when getting ever increasing sponsorship millions the people who provide the 'Anfield experience' don't count?

The same suits tried to force the club into a poorly-thought out ESL, they didn't give a fuck about the fans then, why would they now?

Turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind.

But VAR is awful for fans and was foisted on us without our input. Let fans have a say, that goes for every club, not the corporate twats.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6413 on: May 16, 2024, 07:48:01 pm »
The same suits tried to force the club into a poorly-thought out ESL, they didn't give a fuck about the fans then, why would they now?

Turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind.

But VAR is awful for fans and was foisted on us without our input. Let fans have a say, that goes for every club, not the corporate twats.

You're right about corporate twats. The PL came out and said it backs VAR and wants it to continue. Here's me thinking that the PL is the 20 shareholder clubs and not the paid apparatchiks. I can only speak for myself  but I detest VAR and all it's self righteous shit. I simply want to enjoy a game of football and argue about it in the alehouse after, not sit there while some dopey bastards might or might not get a call right.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6414 on: May 16, 2024, 07:56:15 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6415 on: May 16, 2024, 08:10:37 pm »
Well I don’t have an X account, refuse to participate in that cesspool. But even if it was true, what purpose does it serve to ‘report’ that the new incoming staff came to blows with the outgoing coaching staff at Melwood and the police were called? It’s just to generate outrage and clicks and serves no purpose.

Same with Pearce, foreshadowing a hit piece on Klopp after he leaves just to generate interest.
Do you have link to this?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6416 on: May 16, 2024, 09:15:35 pm »

It's not real.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6417 on: May 16, 2024, 09:43:56 pm »
. I simply want to enjoy a game of football and argue about it in the alehouse after, not sit there while some dopey bastards might or might not get a call right.
Those dopey bastards were the same dopey bastards before VAR. And the anger towards them is why we got it in the first place.

And even if it went away here. It would remain for UEFA competitions. They just need to improve it

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 09:52:17 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #6418 on: May 16, 2024, 09:46:12 pm »
You're right about corporate twats. The PL came out and said it backs VAR and wants it to continue. Here's me thinking that the PL is the 20 shareholder clubs and not the paid apparatchiks. I can only speak for myself  but I detest VAR and all it's self righteous shit. I simply want to enjoy a game of football and argue about it in the alehouse after, not sit there while some dopey bastards might or might not get a call right.
If the club are in support of VAR its not because of any monetary gain - VAR costc money to implement, money that could easily be going to clubs.
While in it surrent form, it is completely shit especially for those at the match I think the genie is out the bottle. The various angles and quality of footage means that if VAR was scrapped the arguments would be just as heated as they are now. Nobody will accept mistakes can be made not when the opportunity to correct these mistakes is available.

We just need to steer the conversation back to how to improve the system. That starts with full transparency- clear communication with all audio and video available on TV and the stadium. We need the PGMOL to stop being a boys club that protects its own and become truly professional
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6419 on: May 16, 2024, 09:59:56 pm »
Those dopey bastards were the same dopey bastards before VAR. And the anger towards them is why we got it in the first place.

And even if it went away here. It would remain for UEFA competitions. They just need to improve it

What does UEFA competition have to do with it though? I've seen that used as an excuse for clubs in UEFA comps to keep it, but it's been far less of a shitshow in the CL.

Not having it in the League Cup makes no odds to us, does it? Other than it being preferable to the actual paying supporters and wishing they didn't bring it in to screw us in the final (again).

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6420 on: May 16, 2024, 10:05:10 pm »
What does UEFA competition have to do with it though? I've seen that used as an excuse for clubs in UEFA comps to keep it, but it's been far less of a shitshow in the CL.

Not having it in the League Cup makes no odds to us, does it? Other than it being preferable to the actual paying supporters and wishing they didn't bring it in to screw us in the final (again).
That would be a reason to keep it and improve here. If it has been shown to work elsewhere, there is no reason, outside of the obvious stubborness, why it couldnt work more efficiently here, too.

The referees are not good enough. The idea of VAR was a good one...the solution is simple but difficult to attain. Unfortunately, English governance doesnt do well with those problems

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:07:38 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6421 on: May 16, 2024, 10:12:03 pm »

Absolutely never happened or been reported on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6422 on: May 16, 2024, 10:24:20 pm »
Absolutely never happened or been reported on.

That's because it was behind the bikeshed & they had all the privacy curtains closed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6423 on: May 16, 2024, 10:30:11 pm »
That's because it was behind the bikeshed & they had all the privacy curtains closed.

Behind the bikeshed is the first place they check though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6424 on: May 16, 2024, 10:32:19 pm »
Behind the bikeshed is the first place they check though.

They airlifted decoys in, underneath the helicopters that flew in the new coaches.

All very hush, hush and planned like a military operation.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6425 on: May 16, 2024, 10:39:16 pm »

What's basically happened is he took a joke post from Samie(?) seriously.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6426 on: May 16, 2024, 10:39:18 pm »
Historical Fool is probably the weirdest person on here which is some achievement.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6427 on: May 16, 2024, 10:46:27 pm »
They airlifted decoys in, underneath the helicopters that flew in the new coaches.

All very hush, hush and planned like a military operation.

All for one last Klopp vs Edwards scrap. It's just a shame Ornstein was there undercover as one of the nerds.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6428 on: May 16, 2024, 10:49:10 pm »
All for one last Klopp vs Edwards scrap. It's just a shame Ornstein was there undercover as one of the nerds.

It'll be in the mockumentary bluray special, Blooper Edition.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6429 on: May 17, 2024, 10:23:44 am »
John Achterburg is going to Saudi with Gerrard.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6430 on: May 17, 2024, 02:10:16 pm »
This is defo worth a watch - Bloomberg interview with Julie Swinehart, recently appointed group CFO for FSG. It’s 10 months old but very relevant to events happening now, and gives a window into the type of org Michael Edwards will be stepping into. She talks about the autonomy given to executives of child orgs like Liverpool, Red Sox and the Penguins.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/4XGh5YAeu3Y?si=B2nWKhIou3fXOgtY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/4XGh5YAeu3Y?si=B2nWKhIou3fXOgtY</a>
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline number 168

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6431 on: May 17, 2024, 06:08:39 pm »

"The anger" as you put it was all part of the game, a natural product of a spontaneous game of football. Most of "the anger" was gone by the next game and you could enjoy chanting that the ref "had his arse on his head" or question his parenthood. A big reason, (Infantino I think) why VAR was introduced was because programmes like MOTD were analysing decisons to the nth degree and drawing lines which highlighted the mistakes of officials, so VAR was meant to protect officials. My point is that VAR is just another level of subjectivity and interrupts the game, sometimes for long periods and still gets it wrong, even on very big calls. I would rather go to the match, watch two teams battle it out with a 3 human beings officiating with their flaws and just accept that football is like that, it's meant to be like that.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6432 on: May 18, 2024, 01:34:24 am »
"The anger" as you put it was all part of the game, a natural product of a spontaneous game of football. Most of "the anger" was gone by the next game and you could enjoy chanting that the ref "had his arse on his head" or question his parenthood. A big reason, (Infantino I think) why VAR was introduced was because programmes like MOTD were analysing decisons to the nth degree and drawing lines which highlighted the mistakes of officials, so VAR was meant to protect officials. My point is that VAR is just another level of subjectivity and interrupts the game, sometimes for long periods and still gets it wrong, even on very big calls. I would rather go to the match, watch two teams battle it out with a 3 human beings officiating with their flaws and just accept that football is like that, it's meant to be like that.
1000% this but worse case scenario if they could somehow get automated offside decisions within seconds and just leave it at that I could live with that level of distribution just about.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6433 on: May 18, 2024, 08:57:47 am »
1000% this but worse case scenario if they could somehow get automated offside decisions within seconds and just leave it at that I could live with that level of distribution just about.

Yeah, the semi-automated ones are a bit of a fudge and still take far too long. Also the tech doesn't deal with all the nuances of interfering with play, phases of play and obstructions with offsides (i.e. the cup final one) so you're still at the mercy of dickheads behind a screen anyway.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6434 on: May 18, 2024, 03:43:43 pm »
Ray Haughan, general manager of first-team operations, leaving as well, after 16 years with the club.