Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Tory MP Dan Poulter defects to Labour.

But standing down at next election.
They were talking about it on the Stephen Nolan show and it introduced me to a simpering Tory MP I'd not heard of before, Dr. Kieran Mullan of Crewe and Nantwich.  He spent the whole show trying to deflect any criticism and was constantly repeating that Labour-ran Welsh NHS was faring worse even though it was debunked the first time he said it.  Mullan wouldn't even accept any faults with the NHS when another GP with 45 years experience rang in and slated the Tory handling of it.

A quick read of Mullan's wiki entry suggests he's a doctor that's never really been that interested in being a doctor.  His first job was an account executive for a PR firm, then he worked for an advocacy group, founded a charity and finally became an MP at the third time of trying aged 35.  He's standing down at the next election after failing to get himself selected as the Tory candidate for the Gerrymandered safer seat of Chester South and Eddisbury (but not before he got the leading candidate disqualified, seemingly much to the anger of the local members).

To give Mullan some credit it seems like he volunteered for the NHS during the early stages of the pandemic.  I'm not sure how long that lasted beyond the initial photo opportunities though.
Yep, the Head Coach/DoF/SportingDirector/whoever model is something Slot is well used to. He's Head Coach at Feyenoord, Xabi is Head Coach at Leverkusen, Ancelotti is simply listed as Coach on the Real Madrid website, it's only the English who struggle with the concept it seems. Whichever way we work will be something he is already used to.

Most managers in the PL are head coaches too, it's just that they get the title of manager for the reason that English people don't understand the concept.
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Last post by QC on Today at 01:49:17 pm »
Expecting and hoping for a bad tempered game
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Cruiser on Today at 01:49:03 pm »
Danns then? Who else we got that could play that role and is fit?

We need an out and out striker of the Rush/Owen/Fowler/Torres mould. Danns is definately a potential for that role but we need to bring someone in over summer as we're clearly lacking there right now.
The c*nt should be going to prison along with the rest of them

I know that it won't happen but Starmer should have a little book full of cases that he wants investigating, hold all of the c*nts accountable.
Just imagine a football league where you could concentrate on the managers, the players, the tactics, how good they were on the day and the results afterwards.

Imagine that.

We used to have that once. When did that really go? Is there a way to get that back?

I'm bored shitless even talking about this any more. Is there a solution? Football is a very, very simple game. Why is this a problem every fucking week?
We can sign someone in the summer. The remaining fixtures are dead rubbers anyway.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Crimson on Today at 01:45:05 pm »
The lad needs to be put on the wing and he'd be great.
Leave the centre forward position to others.

Only saw it this morning for one reason or another ... actually stunned how it's not been highlighted in the media in any way shape or form.

I don't know how you can watch that and not come to the conclusion that Anthony Taylor is a bent referee? Anyone? Of all the things that's happened this season, it's the worst one. No wonder Klopp can't be arsed anymore. Why would you when that happens every time Taylor refs us? Corrupt league, incapable corrupt refs.

Bizarre at best, corrupt at worst, and you know what? People mock the Youtubers of the world, but at least some of their podcasts are trying to highlight this stuff and not just brush it away from their paymasters. Carragher and Neville, where are they on this one? Oh sorry, Carragher says fans who think refs are bent are being silly doesn't he.

Fuck off this league.
The ‘ITK’ claims that Tebas received one, so I assume it’s “saying negative things about us” they want ceased. And clearly such a powerful letter wouldn’t be possible were they not guaranteed to be cleared.

Tebas is a lawyer himself though and they’re not known for making rash pronouncements.

Crease and desist letters aren’t really powerful, they’re just bullying tactics. If Tebas is sure of his ground, he can safely ignore it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10