Author Topic: Sunrise or sunset?  (Read 333 times)

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Sunrise or sunset?
« on: April 10, 2024, 08:33:02 am »
Are you a sunrise or a sunset person?

Personally I'm a sunrise person as I'm always up early, prefer to look forward than back and each day is a new day.

Those early morning walks, in the peace and quiet helps me clear my mind of all of yesterdays crap and seeing dawn breaking and the sun rising makes me smile 😁

Bonus here is we face east so my phone is chocka block full of amazing sunrises, this morning being no exception. 

Dawn breaking at 5.30am, still dark
skies with the lights from the boats at anchor in the Bay, car and street lights visible from Llandudno and the Great Orme plus the wind farm lights on the far horizon.

Absolutely beautiful 🤗

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sunrise or sunset?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 08:44:03 am »
Neither really, but probably leaning towards sunset.
I've seen more sunsets, getting up early is not really my thing.
Also sunrise leads to a day, day leads to fucking people and their shit - while sunset leads to night and sleep.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 08:51:25 am »
Sunset. Really awake after 11pm and if not working, regularly stay up til 3 or 4.

Mornings. Meh.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 08:54:06 am »
Sunset. Not good form to watch the former with a beer in your hand. On a weekday.

Having said that living on an east coast means I rarely seen the go down over the horizon.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 08:59:43 am »
Sunrise, particularly on a clear day in the spring/summer, when i'm awake i love going for a walk down the shore about 90 minutes before dawn, & watching the sunrise over Liverpool.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 09:35:22 am »
I love both, but I'm more likely to be awake at sunset than sunrise, unless I'm on the trucks. Doing a night shift in summer and seeing the sun rise dead early is lovely, its dead everywhere, so peaceful
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 09:42:55 am »
I like both, but I see a heck of a lot more sunsets than sunrises. If I go fishing in summer I get to see the sunrise over the farm fields of West Lancashire. That's lovely. In Sefton Park we face West, so get to see amazing sunsets all year round. Since my teens I've often gone to Burbo Bank in Blundellsands to watch the sun setting over the Irish Sea. It's locally known as Sunset Strip. 🌞
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 09:48:58 am »
Defintiely sunset for me... not a morning person.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2024, 09:56:18 am »
Why not both!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nLLEBAQLZ3Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nLLEBAQLZ3Q</a>
(another John Williams soundtrack classic)

Sunrise would definitely be more of an exception for me, so is the greater treat, but obviously love a sunset too

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2024, 11:18:28 am »
Sunrise, I am not an early bird, but have seen plenty of Sunrises in Asia when going on boat trips or Scuba Diving
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2024, 11:49:31 am »
Sunrise up 5.50am each working day. I love the sunrise especially if I am cycling into work. it's far too busy later on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2024, 01:59:10 pm »
Sunrise up 5.50am each working day. I love the sunrise especially if I am cycling into work. it's far too busy later on.

I love working Saturdays once the lighter mornings start, some of the sunrises are immense. My avatar was taken at the depot, looking across the truck park towards the east, be about 5:50am
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024, 02:30:11 pm »
Being a fisherman I love both equally, unbeatable sounds, smells and visuals.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2024, 10:53:09 pm »

5:50 lol

I'm usually just going to bed then :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.