Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 612028 times)

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4600 on: April 30, 2018, 07:47:44 am »
King James does it again........

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #4601 on: April 30, 2018, 10:00:36 am »
Jazz unsurprisingly thrashed in Game 1 after being given 25 minutes to recover from OKC series. Is it really too much to ask to ensure that teams are given at least 2 days off between series? It's not like they even went to 7 in the first round!

Very impressed by the Jazz.
They kept making runnings and cutting the lead down to 12-13 points. If it wasn't for a bad start, no doubt due to fatigue, they might have stolen it.
In fact, I think they will steal it. As long as the Rockets have D'Antoni coaching, they'll have an achilles heel.
Jazz are well coached, well balanced, with a great point general that harks back to the good ol days (if he ever upped his shooting and scoring stats, he'd be far more respected in the league), a wonderful scoring natural talent (what a rookie impact), great defense, and seemingly fearless.

And for some reason, the Jazz are always a well coached team, almost as if Sloan has cast a spell on future coaches.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4602 on: April 30, 2018, 11:08:11 am »
Another playoff record for the King: LeBron James now postseason steals leader

And:

"For the first time in his career, LeBron James has won a playoff series without a teammate scoring 20 points in any of the games."

Not a good sign for the team if he's off his game or benched.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4603 on: April 30, 2018, 11:53:35 am »
Sometimes it happens to teams, that “we overachieved already” feeling or mental tiredness, along with coping with the loss of Rubio. I think Jazz will lose the next one too but they won’t start as terrible as they did yesterday. I am also thinking they are capable of winning 1 at home but remember Mitchell, the rookie kid is facing CP3 and James Harden, he can’t overcome that talent level in 7 games series.

Surprised 76ers opened as clear favorites against Celtics at Boston, i thought it would be even in odds but i suppose 76ers having rested wel while Celtics-Bucks going to 7 games is the reason.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4604 on: April 30, 2018, 11:56:11 am »
ECQF:
Raptors vs Wizards -> Raptors in 6
Celtics vs Bucks.    ->Bucks in 7
76ers vs Heat.       ->76ers in 7
Cavs vs Pacers       -> Cavs in 5

WCQF:
Rockets vs Timberwolves. -> Rockets in 6
Warriors vs Spurs.           ->Warriors in 5
Portland vs New Orleans  -> Portland in 6
OKC vs Jazz.                   -> OKC in 7
Re-visiting my picks. I suppose I valued OKC and Portand very highly there but at least East picks were much more on target ;D

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4605 on: April 30, 2018, 02:23:07 pm »
Sometimes it happens to teams, that “we overachieved already” feeling or mental tiredness, along with coping with the loss of Rubio. I think Jazz will lose the next one too but they won’t start as terrible as they did yesterday. I am also thinking they are capable of winning 1 at home but remember Mitchell, the rookie kid is facing CP3 and James Harden, he can’t overcome that talent level in 7 games series.

Surprised 76ers opened as clear favorites against Celtics at Boston, i thought it would be even in odds but i suppose 76ers having rested wel while Celtics-Bucks going to 7 games is the reason.

There's a pretty clear disparity in talent level between the 76ers and the Celtics - if Hayward and Kyrie were playing that would obviously not be the case, but as it stands right now its quite a big gap, hence the 76ers favoritism.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4606 on: April 30, 2018, 05:13:39 pm »
Looks like OKC in trouble next season as well. They don't have flexibility in terms of budget, no way Melo is opting out of that $28M last year and no team is taking his ego and crazy salary.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23349261/carmelo-anthony-oklahoma-city-thunder-says-come-bench-returns

Carmelo Anthony Won't Consider Bench Role Next Season

One day after the Thunder were eliminated from their first round series against the Jazz, Carmelo Anthony rejected the possibility of accepting a bench role next season.

"Yeah, I'm not sacrificing no bench role," Anthony said. "That's out of the question."

Anthony struggled at times this season and was particularly limited in the playoffs.

When asked about moving to the second unit, and asking Paul George as he walked by, "Hey, P! They want me to come off the bench!"

Anthony is owed $28 million on the final season of his contract.

Anthony said he's going to have to weigh his basketball happiness with whatever he decides.

"I think for me, my focus would be on kind of figuring out what I want out of the rest of my career, what I want in my future, what am I willing to accept, if I'm willing to accept that at all," Anthony, 34, said. "I think everybody knows that I've sacrificed kind of damned near everything, family, moving here by myself, sacrificed my game for the sake of the team, and was willing to sacrifice anything and everything in order for this situation to work out. So it's something I really have to think about, if I really want to be this type of player, finish out my career as this type of player, knowing that I have so much left in the tank and I bring so much to the game of basketball."

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4607 on: May 1, 2018, 03:08:59 am »
Story of this game: 76ers 20% from three, Celtics 44%.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4608 on: May 2, 2018, 08:38:08 am »
Absolute monster.
Bar exception, the team with the best player wins a series. At least when the teams are roughly evenly matched.
Don't understand how anyone could have had the Cavs as the underdogs in any series in the East.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4609 on: May 2, 2018, 08:43:23 am »
I absolutely loathe having to play the Cavs.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4610 on: May 2, 2018, 09:24:20 am »
I absolutely loathe having to play the Cavs.

Got a lot of experience playing them have you  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4611 on: May 2, 2018, 09:26:19 am »
Got a lot of experience playing them have you  ;D

Well I wouldn't make the Raps worse if I played against the Cavs :D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4612 on: May 2, 2018, 10:01:41 am »
Absolute monster.
Bar exception, the team with the best player wins a series. At least when the teams are roughly evenly matched.
Don't understand how anyone could have had the Cavs as the underdogs in any series in the East.

Yeah I had them down to reach the finals from the beginning, and then to get whitewashed by the Warriors.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4613 on: May 2, 2018, 11:17:07 am »
Yeah I had them down to reach the finals from the beginning, and then to get whitewashed by the Warriors.

Sadly, I agree.
Though it depends how fit Curry will be by then.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4614 on: May 2, 2018, 11:53:36 am »
Huston to beat the warriors and most likely the Cavs if they make the finals.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4615 on: May 2, 2018, 01:27:20 pm »
Houston ain’t beating us, i would call it a success if they take it to 7 games. 4-2 for us imo.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4616 on: May 2, 2018, 01:32:04 pm »
Raptors are trash when facing Lebron. Ultimate choke job

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4617 on: May 2, 2018, 01:55:37 pm »
Raptors are trash when facing Lebron. Ultimate choke job
I’ve said it here in earlier pages several times when they had a losing streak ending the season and allowing 120+ points at home against Cavs, OKC etc that to me regardless of the seeding, even if Cavs are 8th seed they are the team to come out of the East and Raptors just don’t give me that confidence. Imagine Lebron actually had a poor shooting night, 12-30 and 1-8 from 3; Kevin Love 3-13 FG and 1-4 behind the arc yet they still won at Toronto. Lowry completely useless to end the 4th quarter and in OT, turnover galore from him.

I won’t be surprised if Cavs go home with a 2-0 lead. The thing is Raptors can’t even start over as they are maxed out with the contracts. Noone is getting Ibaka or Lowry, that Lowry-Derozan is not working when it comes to play off’s, just like Lillard-McCollum.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4618 on: May 2, 2018, 01:56:21 pm »
I’ve said it here in earlier pages when they had a losing streak ending the season and allowing 120+ points at home against Cavs, OKC etc that to me regardless of the seeding, even if Cavs are 8th seed they are the team to come out of the East and Raptors just don’t give me that confidence. Imagine Lebron actually had a poor shooting night, 12-30 and 1-8 from 3; Kevin Love 3-13 FG and 1-4 behind the arc yet they still won at Toronto. Lowry completely useless to end the 4th quarter and in OT, turnover galore from him.

I won’t be surprised if Cavs go home with a 2-0 lead. The thing is Raptors can’t even start over as they are maxed out with the contracts. Noone is getting Ibaka or Lowry, that Lowry-Derozan is not working when it comes to play off’s, just like Lillard-McCollum.

Cavs will sweep them if they don't win the next game.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4619 on: May 3, 2018, 05:20:12 am »
Unexpected road win for the Jazz - JINGLES!!! Reckon this one's going to 7.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4620 on: May 3, 2018, 09:00:36 am »
This putback dunk by Mitchell after his own sick when the game was 98-94 was beyond sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPMj1HFDPf0

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4621 on: May 3, 2018, 09:05:43 am »
Unexpected road win for the Jazz - JINGLES!!! Reckon this one's going to 7.

Shouldn't have been that unexpected. Jazz are a well coached team, with scoring outlets and a defensive standout.
Houston have two HOFers and an overrated coach that bombs in the playoffs. Repeatedly.
Have D'Antoni as a coach in the playoffs is like having Pep coach his team in the away leg in the Knockouts stages of Europe.
He doesn't cut the mustard during crunch time.
I had Jazz winning, even after their game 1 loss, and I'm sticking with that.
Can't see them losing at home. I'm going 4-2 Jazz.

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #4622 on: May 3, 2018, 09:33:44 am »
Not often I watch NBA-games but saw the Jazz - Rockets game tonight. What an awesome talent that Mitchell looks.
Because the series is 1-1, and i´m a jazz music fan, I will watch and hope for the jazz.
The series also seems kind of even.

Any other matchups that anyone would like to suggest?
And as a fan of kits in red (and the goat) does anyone know how far away bulls is from being a top team again?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4623 on: May 3, 2018, 09:40:10 am »
Not often I watch NBA-games but saw the Jazz - Rockets game tonight. What an awesome talent that Mitchell looks.
Because the series is 1-1, and i´m a jazz music fan, I will watch and hope for the jazz.
The series also seems kind of even.

And as a fan of kits in red (and the goat) does anyone know how far away bulls is from being a top team again?

A long way off in my opinion. Markannen looks great and there's a couple of other decent players but they'll be picking in the top 10 of the draft for at least the next 2-3 years I reckon. I'd look for them to be competitive around 2020/2021 if they don't sign some big free agents or swing some nice trades.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4624 on: May 3, 2018, 10:00:18 am »
You want to learn about the game within the game, within the game?
Have a look at Kobe's "Detail" videos.
It's a genius breaking down the game.
Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkSJs7NaOIo (2009 WCF vs Carmelo Anthony & The Nuggets)
Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHiIONX_0zU (DeMar DeRozan vs Washington Wizards Game 1 Breakdown)
Episode 3:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_P77BCQxY&t=7s ( Donovan Mitchell vs Rockets Round 2 Game 1 Breakdown)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4625 on: May 3, 2018, 10:02:16 am »
Welcome to the thread, i think 76ers-Celtics and Cavs-Raptors series both will be fun.76ers one may even go to 7 imo, other one depending Lebron’s monster performances, he may cut this short in 5 games

Bulls has some niece pieces like Gerry said. Markkanen looks like  an All Star player in few years, LaVine and Dunn are both good pieces. If they get lucky in draft and get rid of junk like Lopez, Asik etc, they will be in good point to re build. However I am still not sold on coach Hoiberg, misses that charisma and fear+respect element that young coaches like Snyder, Stevens etc has.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4626 on: May 3, 2018, 03:53:54 pm »
Quids in for Lebron.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4627 on: May 3, 2018, 04:03:26 pm »
If your not routing for are owner Aka King James you ain’t a true red  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4628 on: May 3, 2018, 04:08:58 pm »
If your not routing for are owner Aka King James you ain’t a true red  ;D
;D
He should come to our CL final if they are not playing for conference finals ;)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4629 on: May 3, 2018, 04:11:47 pm »
LeBron seems like a good bloke to be honest. His Twitter is usually full of positive stuff and he speaks well on important issues. Be cool to see him go into politics after he retires.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4630 on: May 3, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »
LeBron seems like a good bloke to be honest. His Twitter is usually full of positive stuff and he speaks well on important issues. Be cool to see him go into politics after he retires.
I think he will. He can definitely be a senator from Ohio,

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4631 on: May 3, 2018, 08:00:30 pm »
I think he will. He can definitely be a senator from Ohio,

Agree Gerry, and the same, Elsewhere.
Fantastic role model, on and off the court.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4632 on: May 3, 2018, 11:18:36 pm »
David Fizdale is the new Knicks head coach.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4633 on: May 4, 2018, 12:06:31 am »
David Fizdale is the new Knicks head coach.

Good appointment

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4634 on: May 4, 2018, 12:35:57 am »
New year same shit.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4635 on: May 4, 2018, 01:05:19 am »
Toronto are a waste of space in the NBA.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4636 on: May 4, 2018, 05:07:39 am »
I don't think I remember a bigger dicking than what LeBron administered to the Raptors tonight. How many fade away jump shoots did he made on that second half? Unreal.

And Jazz in 6.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2018, 05:43:00 am by Lastrador »

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4637 on: May 4, 2018, 05:33:16 am »
;D
He should come to our CL final if they are not playing for conference finals ;)
;D

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4638 on: May 4, 2018, 05:35:05 am »
James is just that good.......I am not even a massive NBA fan but when greatness is happening within your life time you have to enjoy.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4639 on: May 4, 2018, 08:01:49 am »
I’ve said it after the 1st game that Lebron actually shot poorly and so did Kevin Love. This time, they didn’t and it’s a blow out. Has to be said though, Lebron was single handedly toying with them in 3rd quarter. Some of those turn away fade away’s were practice shots yet he was still locked in and making them.

I think now proud factor will kick in and Raptors get one from Cleveland, only to lose at home again, 4-1 for Cavs. By the way wtf is Casey doing? At least watch some Pacers-Cavs tapes and see how they defended the Cavs. Even Bogdanovic did better job than whole Raptors team about defending Lebron. Pacers fans have to now feel good about themsekves and next season. They barely lost to Cavs and even losses all came down to wire.