Author Topic: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)  (Read 92390 times)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)
« Reply #1040 on: December 14, 2010, 01:07:02 am »
Thought it was fairly conclusive myself. "If the fans don't want it, then it's a non-starter".

Its out of our hands if LCC wont alouw us to extend Anfield what then? What about the surrounding area that LFC have promised to build on for years?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #1041 on: December 14, 2010, 01:10:30 am »
I wanted some simple stuff.

1. NO Groundshare. Ever.

2. The current manager will be judged on results. Poor results will dictate his length of tenure.

3. The stadium is key to our future.

4. Revenue will be invested in player development and purchasing.

5. Dialogue will be opened with supporters to move towards a form of supporter representation and stakeholding in the club.

6. Liverpool FC exists to win trophies. It has no other purpose.

Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1042 on: December 14, 2010, 01:14:13 am »
Its out of our hands if LCC wont alouw us to extend Anfield what then? What about the surrounding area that LFC have promised to build on for years?

Ermm there's fuckers in council houses in the surrounding area that WON'T move. They haven't exactly helped...not alot anyone can do about that.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #1043 on: December 14, 2010, 01:20:08 am »
Having just watched this I reiterate what those have said above ie that the owners will certainly now know (if they didnt before) about the strength of feeling against Roy
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: December 14, 2010, 01:21:41 am »

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #1045 on: December 14, 2010, 01:22:31 am »
Good lad Jeremy from Bristol!! haha
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1046 on: December 14, 2010, 01:25:04 am »
I really do think its only a matter of when, not if, they sack Roy. They're clever men, no doubt about that. I hope, and think, its just sorting out a replacement for the next 5-10 years.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: December 14, 2010, 02:24:28 am »

Did JWH mean it makes "most sense" to groundshare? I know he also says, "it's a non-starter" if the fans don't want it; but how and when will he reach the conclusion the fans would or would not want to groundshare?

I hope I'm just not being a pedant here, but I find that statement lacks commitment either way, and that still worries me.

A groundshare WOULD make economic sense if it was a stadium being built from scratch but his view is that it wouldn't make any difference if the fans are against it......it would be a non-starter. .
Tonight wasn't the first time he's heard about the feelings of the fans towards groundshare mate.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:26:56 am by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: December 14, 2010, 02:39:46 am »
For anyone who missed it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: December 14, 2010, 05:52:10 am »
Knowing how deliberate and thorough these owners are how could anyone expect them to sack roy without a replacement lined up?

I also think that while Kenny may be an option in the short-term they would rather have him be an over-arching figure at the club. Someone who is representative of all that is liverpool and a guiding light so that we never get off track. They wouldn't want to risk him regardless of the love from the fans because the environment around LFC now is one of anxiety, apprehension, and nostalgia. The next manager to come in will pretty much have to hit the ground running either in results or performances because if the next manager goes starts out by only winning 2 of 5 matches then the performances had better be encouraging.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: December 14, 2010, 07:14:30 am »
Just watched part 4. Brilliant. They definitely have got the message now and were quite clear that results have to improve immediately etc.

Roy's days are numbered.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1051 on: December 14, 2010, 07:27:30 am »
Interesting viewing, however the only things I took away from it is that we will probably be stuck with Roy until the end of the season (at least) and there wont be any wholesale buys in January. All the rest were things we have already heard in previous interviews with nesv

It's encouraging that Henry and Tom know our strong feelings about Roy and they handled it in a professional manner. If they are indeed listening to the fans as they keep saying, they will definitely act on it eventually.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1052 on: December 14, 2010, 07:31:05 am »
Just watched part 4. Brilliant. They definitely have got the message now and were quite clear that results have to improve immediately etc.

Roy's days are numbered.

They would have to be monumentally thick not to realise how much ill-feeling there is towards Roy amongst the support, and that allowing the current state of affairs to carry on unchecked would be a massive mistake.
 It's just a matter of time.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: December 14, 2010, 08:22:46 am »
Its just baffeling why Purslow got Roy in knowing full well the club had more or less been sold, the owners knew Roy from Fulham, I know matt said they didnt hire him, but did they have a hand in it? Or was it just Purslow? I can see why the new owners wouldnt have wanted to get rid of Rafa BTW it would have made them very unpopular with a lot of fans, but Roy Hodgson should not have been given the job on his away record alone!!!

Some serious questions will be asked by the owners to Purslow if they didnt have a say in the choice.
Just 8 weeks in and the fans want rid of the manager will give them a big headache on who to give the job to next short or long term.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline jsl2000

• Main Stander
« Reply #1054 on: December 14, 2010, 08:39:41 am »
I wanted some simple stuff.

1. NO Groundshare. Ever.

2. The current manager will be judged on results. Poor results will dictate his length of tenure.

3. The stadium is key to our future.

4. Revenue will be invested in player development and purchasing.

5. Dialogue will be opened with supporters to move towards a form of supporter representation and stakeholding in the club.

6. Liverpool FC exists to win trophies. It has no other purpose.

And all those questions where answered so you should be one of the happy ones. :)

Offline bunjibloomer

• Anny Roader
  • Carry on down to Jiggytown
« Reply #1055 on: December 14, 2010, 08:45:12 am »
Watched this last night and I thought it was a good show. I thought LFC TV did a good job and fair play to the owners for coming on and listening and answering questions as well as they were probably able to i.e. New CEO...

I'm still taking everything with a pinch of salt and as I have said all along actions will speak louder than words.

They defo got the message about Roy, which I am sure they knew well already!!  :wave
My Family and The Redmen are my loves.
Max and Lucas, stay happy and be kind, and the World will be your oyster.
YNWA
JFT96
NEVER BUY THE s*n
Where were you in Madrid? ******
Twitter - @bunjibloomer

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: December 14, 2010, 09:04:45 am »
Watched this last night and I thought it was a good show. I thought LFC TV did a good job and fair play to the owners for coming on and listening and answering questions as well as they were probably able to i.e. New CEO...

I'm still taking everything with a pinch of salt and as I have said all along actions will speak louder than words.

They defo got the message about Roy, which I am sure they knew well already!!  :wave

Will be interesting to see how our Media outlets develop with Tom Werner being the new Chairman. Media savy indivdual who can hopefully produce media outlets to a competent standard regarding LFC and Football. I was reading that they did discuss this last night so it looks possible and promising.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1057 on: December 14, 2010, 10:05:11 am »
Local lads brought it to the table tonight. Good work, guys!

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: December 14, 2010, 10:21:43 am »
Yeah, good work everyone. Big cojones to do ring up and do that. Especially those with valid points against Roy.

Except Darren from Thefton. Apparently we inherited a shitty team. Including the likes of Poulsen and Konchesky.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: December 14, 2010, 11:49:45 pm »
For anyone who missed it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/
Not working for me. Do I need to be a paid member? It's not clear either way

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:31 am »
There was one guy, Darren, who asked particulary on the short term issue on the end of the third  part, which should have been answered "after the break" but never was. Maybe I missed somehting there? Anyone?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:18:16 am by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: December 15, 2010, 12:19:40 am »
I find John Henry a very impressive man. He has a quiet gravitas about him. He comes across as articulate.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: December 15, 2010, 12:41:59 am »
Not working for me. Do I need to be a paid member? It's not clear either way

It's free to view for everyone so it shouldn't be a problem.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1063 on: January 8, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »
I'm surprised that NESV have not yet been given the credit they deserve. They have done the right thing under fan pressure at a very inconvenient for them time (no CEO appointed yet). Please give them their dues!

But there is one question remaining - when are you going to fire Purslow? The transformation will then be complete.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1064 on: January 8, 2011, 09:19:51 pm »
I gave them credit for it in the other thread.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: January 8, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »
Where is the letter to Mr Henry thread gone? I want to say thank you.

Thank you JWH & TW.

Now watch us unite under the King. Watch the pride, the passion, the belief, the fighting for the badge and the shirt come back. And watch those who aren't interested in any of the above not get selected for someone who does.

Haven't looked forward to a game in such a long time. Come on Redmen!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1066 on: January 8, 2011, 09:26:33 pm »
Where is the letter to Mr Henry thread gone? I want to say thank you.

Thank you JWH & TW.

That thread is locked.

MODS, would you please reopen?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1067 on: March 9, 2011, 05:18:17 pm »
I wish they would get them back on the show again.

At least then it wouldn't be all about Hodgson and we could ask questions about the things that really matter about the club now.

but I guess it could turn into when is King Kenny getting a full time contract.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: December 7, 2023, 10:05:23 pm »
Page 10 onwards. Glorius. :lmao