Author Topic: Fulham vs Liverpool FC, League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg, 20:00 Wed 24th Jan 2024  (Read 12763 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Are Fulham missing any key players?
Traore - being assessed

Unavilable due to AFCON:
Bassey
Iwobi
Ballo-Toure

I'll let you decide if they are key.  I suspect they are.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we lose by a single goal, would it be extra time or straight to penalties?

Extra time - No away goals rule.
Then pens.

Hopefully doesn't come to that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Imagggg the injuries if we had extra time, fucking hell. Probably would have to forfeit the Norwich game due to not being able to field a team.

Shouldn't be losing this game though obviously so hopefully doesn't come to that, I dont think it will.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What makes you think we’re looking to play it safe with team selection tonight?
hope more than expectation, given our greater aspirations in terms of prioritising our injury-hit squad's finite efforts

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
Simon Hooper on REF WATCH tonight. Last time he was the official in our visit to London we got absolutely cooked.
Seen us win everything

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
hope more than expectation, given our greater aspirations in terms of prioritising our injury-hit squad's finite efforts
I guess we’ll see in a few hours, but despite the injuries I’d be surprised if we don’t field our strongest outfield team available. It sounds like we’ve a few to come back at the weekend and at home to weaker opposition is the time I’d assume we mix things up more
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Traore - being assessed

Unavilable due to AFCON:
Bassey
Iwobi
Ballo-Toure

I'll let you decide if they are key.  I suspect they are.

yes - I did a double take and said "Kolo Toure??"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
It's a semifinal. Let's play our best players.  We can rotate against Norwich at home.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
Hope Darwin plays left. I'm six rows from the goal line on that side. he'll be running straight at me.
No extra time please, Reds. My old bladder can't take it

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
Strong tonight, rotate at the weekend.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I guess we’ll see in a few hours, but despite the injuries I’d be surprised if we don’t field our strongest outfield team available. It sounds like we’ve a few to come back at the weekend and at home to weaker opposition is the time I’d assume we mix things up more
I agree with you, think it's only an outside chance at best. we went strong in the first leg, but I wondered if that was maybe only because of the imminent winter rest
yeah preferably at least 7 or 8 different starters minimum against Norwich!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 03:05:40 pm by classycarra »

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
Bassey and Iwobi are quite important for them but it’s not like they are paper thin.  They have an alright, midtable PL squad.  We are top because even with knocks we have real strength and great coaching.

It will be tight first half i expect, they press hard until they tire out.  We need to play our usual game without over-committing.  And show our usual resilience, even if we all hope it is not called for

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Hope Darwin plays left. I'm six rows from the goal line on that side. he'll be running straight at me.
to hell with your bladder, it's my heart that I'd be concerned about.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Is the right answer, I'd rather win tonight than win at the weekend.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
We should be able to beat Norwich with a heavily rotated side so probably makes sense to be stronger tonight given it's a semi final and we've had 72+ hours of rest from the previous game.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
to hell with your bladder, it's my heart that I'd be concerned about.

🤣

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
We should be able to beat Norwich with a heavily rotated side so probably makes sense to be stronger tonight given it's a semi final and we've had 72+ hours of rest from the previous game.

Norwich have a more important league game tonight, chances are they rotate on Sunday too which would help us.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Norwich have a more important league game tonight, chances are they rotate on Sunday too which would help us.

And we're used to playing against green and gold scarves.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
100% full strength tonight, including Alisson in goal. I'd play exactly the same team as Bournmouth if possible.

Rotate heavily on Sunday.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Do we reckon Ali starts so he gets the medal?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do we reckon Ali starts so he gets the medail?

We will prevail so that Ailisson can obtain a medail!

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.

You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sky are desperate for us to lose.  Man, I hate those bastards.   :wanker

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Do we reckon Ali starts so he gets the medal?

Just needs to be on the bench in the final for that.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kepa however is the only goalie to have made a complete fool of himself in two league cup finals as both 1st and 2nd choice keeper

And Kelleher got to score the winning penalty :thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Paly our best available 11 and let us play the rest vs Norwich.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I believe you get a medal if you're on the bench in the final. Which I would imagine he would be if we went to the final and won it.

Of course you get a medal if you are in the match day team, even as an unused sub.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Of course you get a medal if you are in the match day team, even as an unused sub.
we could always bring him on as a sub so he can emulate Kelleher in the invincible 0-0 draw

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Alisson won’t play…he didn’t when we had Arsenal in the semis a couple of years ago nor v City last year.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's a semifinal. Let's play our best players.  We can rotate against Norwich at home.

If we have played Kelleher in every round, because that's what we agreed, we should stick to that IMO/
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
I think Gakpo will start in front of Nunez, Quansah for Konate and Gravenberch for Jones. Kelleher for Ali. Rest of the team to remain unchanged.  Puts away crystal ball.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fulham handing out plastic flags.  ;D

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
To wave in surrender at around the 30 minute mark....

Fulham handing out plastic flags.  ;D

I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Really think we should go full strength tonight and that means Alisson starts then kelleher can play at the weekend.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
These have not played for 11 days. Get into them from the start. An early goal just about kills it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Not ideal Diogo, Ibou and Curtis benched, hope that midfield stands up to it physically. Get it done!!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Happy with line up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I'm not sure why we wouldn't go full strength in a match that can see us through to a final and a chance to win a trophy. Rest everyone for Norwich if we have to.