Author Topic: European Super League  (Read 26554 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: European Super League
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2022, 11:42:18 am »

The main ESL thread (www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=347572.0) is locked, so thought this was the next relevant place to post...

'European Super League may get new lease of life as court hears UEFA 'cartel' claim':-

European Court of Justice in Luxembourg will hear case taken by three remaining clubs who back Super League proposal that accuses UEFA of monopolising the sport

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/european-super-league-uefa-cartel-27420775
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2022, 05:55:20 am »
Case is being heard today I think
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2022, 07:49:57 am »
With the way it's going with both the PL and UEFA, I'd welcome a reboot so long as it's done for the benefits of the majority of the clubs in Europe. I still struggle with the Premier league clubs as most have been more than happy to turn a blind eye and to see the league destroyed and enjoyed us as a club being fucked over, so long as they get to keep their noses in the trough.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2022, 10:55:22 am »

'European Super League: Uefa calls ESL 'a cartel' at court hearing'

Uefa called the breakaway European Super League "a textbook example of a cartel" on day one of a two-day hearing at the European Court of Justice.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62128172

^ no irony from UEFA there...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2022, 12:31:29 pm »
'European Super League: Uefa calls ESL 'a cartel' at court hearing'

Uefa called the breakaway European Super League "a textbook example of a cartel" on day one of a two-day hearing at the European Court of Justice.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62128172

^ no irony from UEFA there...

I was about to say...

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2022, 07:30:44 pm »

'Ceferin, to a US company that was willing to organize a friendly tournament in the US with the Super League clubs: "The fact that you work with them means that me, UEFA or anyone I can have influence on will not have business or private relations with you. This was a big mistake"' -

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/vz2m1m/ceferin_to_a_us_company_that_was_willing_to

^ 'A Superliga lawyer reveals Ceferin's threats at the trial':-

Luis Alonso Díaz read a message from the UEFA president to an American supplier who wanted to organize a summer tournament at the hearing.

https://as.com/futbol/el-abogado-de-la-superliga-desvela-en-el-juicio-las-amenazas-de-ceferin-v (4 minute video is in Spanish)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2022, 08:21:50 pm »
'Ceferin, to a US company that was willing to organize a friendly tournament in the US with the Super League clubs: "The fact that you work with them means that me, UEFA or anyone I can have influence on will not have business or private relations with you. This was a big mistake"' -

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/vz2m1m/ceferin_to_a_us_company_that_was_willing_to

^ 'A Superliga lawyer reveals Ceferin's threats at the trial':-

Luis Alonso Díaz read a message from the UEFA president to an American supplier who wanted to organize a summer tournament at the hearing.

https://as.com/futbol/el-abogado-de-la-superliga-desvela-en-el-juicio-las-amenazas-de-ceferin-v (4 minute video is in Spanish)

hahahaha - that's going to play well.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2022, 12:56:53 pm »

'European Super League: legal adviser’s view delivers blow to ailing project':-

European court of justice advocate general backs Uefa and Fifa
Says clubs can break away but need approval to stay in leagues

www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/15/european-super-league-legal-adviser-blow-to-project-uefa-fifa-ecj

'The opinion issued by advocate general Athanasios Rantos at the Court of Justice of the European Union is non-binding and is only a potential argument for judges to consider before a final verdict in a case brought by the European Super League Company (ESLC) is delivered next year. But there was no doubt that the opinion found heavily in favour of football’s existing powers.'

'European Super League: Uefa and Fifa backed in battle to stop league's creation':-

Uefa and Fifa have received significant backing in their battle to block the creation of a European Super League.

In a report released by the European Court of Justice, its advocate general said the rules of football's European and world governing bodies were "compatible with EU competition law"

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63984477

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2022, 01:31:40 pm »
Fantastic news. We can continue to be governed by corrupt scum. Great.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2022, 01:35:03 pm »
ESL is not dead, it will come back with relegation/promotion and with even more deep pockets for all of them.   :D

Also we're still not technically out of it.  :D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2022, 03:01:36 pm »
Fantastic news. We can continue to be governed by corrupt scum. Great.

I may be reading things wrong but, I think technically we could join the super league but that would likely mean leaving, or being kicked out of, the PL and not being eligible for CL or EL.  Not saying we should or shouldn't join. 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2022, 03:14:09 pm »
We're still not out of it, why don't people understand that?  :D

If we really wanted out we'd pay that huge fine as a penalty to evrey other club in it if we REALLY wanted out.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2022, 03:21:30 pm »
I may be reading things wrong but, I think technically we could join the super league but that would likely mean leaving, or being kicked out of, the PL and not being eligible for CL or EL.  Not saying we should or shouldn't join. 

We need shut of FIFA and UEFA, corrupt showers of bastards.Should call their bluff and do it, their top leagues are all dead without the big clubs. Something drastic needs doing to fix the game and until FIFA and UEFA are either cleared out of all the corrupt fuckers or a new body is established, it's never getting better.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2022, 04:24:35 pm »
ESL is not dead, it will come back with relegation/promotion and with even more deep pockets for all of them.   :D

Let it go Samie   ;D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2022, 05:16:02 pm »
Let it go Samie   ;D

This was supposed to replace the CL, with rules to curtail the Oil Clubs, but with the way FIFA and UEFA are acting these days and with the amount of American owners in the PL now, I can see it becoming a stand alone thing if nothing is done about the sportswashers.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2022, 05:30:23 pm »
This was supposed to replace the CL, with rules to curtail the Oil Clubs, but with the way FIFA and UEFA are acting these days and with the amount of American owners in the PL now, I can see it becoming a stand alone thing if nothing is done about the sportswashers.
I would prefer the ESL to the Sportswashing league we have now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2022, 05:52:58 pm »
I hope the ESL does come back, and that the likes of City, Newcastle and PSG all fuck off to it so we can have our league back. Let them have the big hitter players on 100s millions a year. We won't be dining at the top tier, but at least we'll have a decent shot at the Premier League and Champions League.

Yeah, Real Madrid and Barcelona can fuck off there too if they like. I've said before that I'd rather see my club in the Championship or League 1 rather than have us owned by a sportwasher, but if they all fuck off and take this toxic money with them then that would be the next best thing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2022, 06:01:34 pm »
I hope the ESL does come back, and that the likes of City, Newcastle and PSG all fuck off to it so we can have our league back. Let them have the big hitter players on 100s millions a year. We won't be dining at the top tier, but at least we'll have a decent shot at the Premier League and Champions League.

Yeah, Real Madrid and Barcelona can fuck off there too if they like. I've said before that I'd rather see my club in the Championship or League 1 rather than have us owned by a sportwasher, but if they all fuck off and take this toxic money with them then that would be the next best thing.
Yes. I don’t mind which way it happens. I just don’t want us in a league with cheating, nation state sportswashers.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2022, 07:04:56 pm »
Yes. I don’t mind which way it happens. I just don’t want us in a league with cheating, nation state sportswashers.

The only way that is ever going to happen is if we ever get rid of the rich businessmen owning clubs. As fans, we see the Sportswashers for what they are. Businessmen just see them as a way to make money. Nation states willing to pay huge transfer fees and to promote the Sport in which their teams play is their wet dream.

Just look at how the valuation of clubs has skyrocketed since the likes of Abramovich, Mansoor, QSI and the Saudi PIF have started pouring billions into the game.

The ESL wasn't some noble project to level the playing field and improve the Sport. It is all about Billionaires distorting the game to guarantee themselves tens of billions of pounds.

From the Athletic

John W Henry and Joel Glazer worked closely together on the plans for Project Big Picture. Glazer visited Henry’s home near Boston to talk about the idea as early as 2017. They speak on the phone and email each other. Henry would even communicate with Woodward sometimes. This happens because the owners share motivations. It is unimaginable that when each of these billionaires wake up in the morning, the first thing they think about is Liverpool or United.

Four years Liverpool's owners and United's owners were plotting to carve up the game. Strangely enough after the backlash from the fans over the ESL they now want to sell up.

UEFA and FIFA are quite obviously corrupt and not fit for purpose. The thing is the businessmen have already had a chance to correct things. The Premier League was formed by the big clubs and has proven to be every bit as bad as the Football League. Yet some posters want to hand the game over to the likes of Perez, Glazer, Henry and the now disgraced Agnelli.

Reform of the game needs to come from the fans groups, not the parasites who have been feeding off the game for decades.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2022, 07:34:25 pm »
Football was effectively privatised back in 1992. But unlike the railways or buses you can't exactly bring it under public ownership.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2022, 07:36:32 pm »
The only way that is ever going to happen is if we ever get rid of the rich businessmen owning clubs. As fans, we see the Sportswashers for what they are. Businessmen just see them as a way to make money. Nation states willing to pay huge transfer fees and to promote the Sport in which their teams play is their wet dream.

Just look at how the valuation of clubs has skyrocketed since the likes of Abramovich, Mansoor, QSI and the Saudi PIF have started pouring billions into the game.

The ESL wasn't some noble project to level the playing field and improve the Sport. It is all about Billionaires distorting the game to guarantee themselves tens of billions of pounds.

From the Athletic

John W Henry and Joel Glazer worked closely together on the plans for Project Big Picture. Glazer visited Henry’s home near Boston to talk about the idea as early as 2017. They speak on the phone and email each other. Henry would even communicate with Woodward sometimes. This happens because the owners share motivations. It is unimaginable that when each of these billionaires wake up in the morning, the first thing they think about is Liverpool or United.

Four years Liverpool's owners and United's owners were plotting to carve up the game. Strangely enough after the backlash from the fans over the ESL they now want to sell up.

UEFA and FIFA are quite obviously corrupt and not fit for purpose. The thing is the businessmen have already had a chance to correct things. The Premier League was formed by the big clubs and has proven to be every bit as bad as the Football League. Yet some posters want to hand the game over to the likes of Perez, Glazer, Henry and the now disgraced Agnelli.

Reform of the game needs to come from the fans groups, not the parasites who have been feeding off the game for decades.
All very true, just from a personal point of view, I’m almost done with the game anyway. What we have now is despotic regimes destroying the competitiveness of the game. The FIFA-Qatar unification has been absolutely sickening and put me off the game even more.
Saw reports today about Abu Dhabi targeting Saka and Bellingham, Saudi will be in for them too, they just want to kill any kind of competition and will not stop with their blatant cheating to do so, safe in the knowledge the authorities cannot touch them. The way it’s going, I just can’t be arsed with it. If there is not a change that stops state ownership I’ll find something else to do with my time.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2022, 10:44:24 am »
ESL? Is the guy behind it the same one who just resigned as chairman of the club that lost 250 million, and who may soon be put on trial for financial fraud, along with the entire board of his football club?

No?

Then there is no question LFC should immediately join the ESL.

Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2022, 11:11:37 am »
We can't join something we never left
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2022, 11:44:36 am »
ESL? Is the guy behind it the same one who just resigned as chairman of the club that lost 250 million, and who may soon be put on trial for financial fraud, along with the entire board of his football club?

No?

Then there is no question LFC should immediately join the ESL.

Nothing can possibly go wrong.

If you are talking about Andrea Agnelli the former Juve Chairman then yes he was one of the leading figures behind the ESL and is exploring the possibility of buying all the shares in Juve.

The leaders of the ESL were.

Chairman.............Florentino Perez

Vice Chairman......Andrea Agnelli (resigned as Juve chairman)
Vice Chairman......John Henry (looking to sell Liverpool)
Vice Chairman......Joel Glazer (looking to sell United)
Vice Chairman......Stan kroenke

So you want to sign up for a competition run by Perez and Kroenke, good luck with that.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2022, 02:54:36 pm »
So you want to sign up for a competition run by Perez and Kroenke, good luck with that.

Instead, we'll stick with UEFA and FIFA, whose leaders have sold their arses to the oil dictatorships.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2022, 03:27:35 pm »

Instead, we'll stick with UEFA and FIFA, whose leaders have sold their arses to the oil dictatorships.

The CWC is getting extended to 32 teams from 2025, just taking the fucking piss now

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/16/gianni-infantino-announces-32-team-mens-club-world-cup-in-2025

Hhmm, now where do you hold a tournament that size in December or January???????
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:31:25 pm by robbed1966kidsbikesoffsanta »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2022, 03:31:45 pm »
The CWC is getting extended to 32 teams from 2025, just taking the fucking piss now

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/16/gianni-infantino-announces-32-team-mens-club-world-cup-in-2025

When in the holy fuck are all the extra games meant to be played?

It's just a two fingers to the clubs who wanted the ESL basically.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2022, 03:48:25 pm »

'Statement on the creation of the European Super League':-

www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club/news/2985914/statement-on-the-creation-of-the-european-super-league

'We are continuing to work to reform European football, to improve competitiveness, sustainability and governance. We are talking to many clubs across 10 different countries who share our view of the challenges faced by the sport. Standing still cannot be an option.' (translated)

^ https://twitter.com/A22Sports/status/1603720493462323201?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2022, 04:20:27 pm »

That is why I posted this.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2022, 06:28:05 pm »
If you are talking about Andrea Agnelli the former Juve Chairman then yes he was one of the leading figures behind the ESL and is exploring the possibility of buying all the shares in Juve.

The leaders of the ESL were.

Chairman.............Florentino Perez

Vice Chairman......Andrea Agnelli (resigned as Juve chairman)
Vice Chairman......John Henry (looking to sell Liverpool)
Vice Chairman......Joel Glazer (looking to sell United)
Vice Chairman......Stan kroenke

Stan Kroenke is 75. The only thing he’s likely to be running in the future is his retirement home. 12 billion and change should get you a nice one. Maybe Perez can try texting Josh “ESL was a big mistake” Kroenke?

That Italian guy won’t need a retirement home. That room with a view in the Corsican um  .  .  .  “resort”, is rent-free, from what I hear.

If he wants to buy shares, I know a company up in Bristol that makes pretty good bolt-cutters. Maybe he could go in 50- 50 with his pal Patrick Swayze?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 06:30:37 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2022, 01:53:26 pm »
That is why I posted this.

As much as they're corrupt they continually have to find ways to make the game worse as well. More competitions (Nation's Leagues, expanded Club World Cups, the abominable new CL format, expanded Euros, expanded World Cup in 2026). They won't rest until they can create an 8th day of the week to fit another 52 games into the calendar.

Not a year goes by without UEFA and FIFA adding extra games to the calendar.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2022, 06:54:23 pm »
As much as they're corrupt they continually have to find ways to make the game worse as well. More competitions (Nation's Leagues, expanded Club World Cups, the abominable new CL format, expanded Euros, expanded World Cup in 2026). They won't rest until they can create an 8th day of the week to fit another 52 games into the calendar.

Not a year goes by without UEFA and FIFA adding extra games to the calendar.
Uefa and FIFA are now controlled by the oil regimes, so we can expect to see a lot more games in the middle east too. It won’t be long before the CL final and some premier leagues are played in Abu Dhabi, Dohar, Riyadh etc .
The game needs a massive overhaul. It’s not going to happen tho.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2022, 07:05:04 pm »
Uefa and FIFA are now controlled by the oil regimes, so we can expect to see a lot more games in the middle east too. It won’t be long before the CL final and some premier leagues are played in Abu Dhabi, Dohar, Riyadh etc .
The game needs a massive overhaul. It’s not going to happen tho.

who can match the money they put in?

only oligarchs - so we either have oligarchs or oil-igarchs
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2022, 07:10:41 pm »
who can match the money they put in?

only oligarchs - so we either have oligarchs or oil-igarchs

I’m sure a good old fashioned plutocrat can give them a run for their money. You know the fellas who wore top hats, monocles, black overcoats and striped keks.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2022, 12:42:03 am »
'Statement on the creation of the European Super League':-

www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club/news/2985914/statement-on-the-creation-of-the-european-super-league

'We are continuing to work to reform European football, to improve competitiveness, sustainability and governance. We are talking to many clubs across 10 different countries who share our view of the challenges faced by the sport. Standing still cannot be an option.' (translated)

^ https://twitter.com/A22Sports/status/1603720493462323201?

The European Super League will happen in the not so distant future. It will be an answer from the traditional big European clubs to the dominance of the oil clubs in the Champions League, organized by the corrupt UEFA. Next time it will be better prepared, and will include clubs from more countries than the original proposal. Cities and clubs from Northern, Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe will play a major role in it ...

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2022, 09:50:25 am »
EVOLUTION OF THE "EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE"

2021: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich: “We need a European Super League. For the good of the game!”

2022: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus: “We need a European Super League. For the good of the game!”

2023: Real Madrid, Barcelona. “We need a European Super League. For the good of the game!”

2024: Remaining Spanish club desperate to remain top dog, control UEFA and cherry-pick the best players from other clubs: “We need a European Super League. For the good of the game!”

2025: “Hello football fans! Welcome to the inaugural FIFA World Club Cup, in Ultra HD and in league format!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 09:53:42 am by FLRed67 »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2022, 12:04:02 pm »
The European Super League will happen in the not so distant future. It will be an answer from the traditional big European clubs to the dominance of the oil clubs in the Champions League, organized by the corrupt UEFA.

I must have missed the oil clubs domination of the Champions League Peter. Man City have never won the Champions League, PSG have never won the Champions League, Newcastle have barely been in it. So the oil clubs domination basically amounts to the two CL titles Chelsea fluked against the odds.

Next time it will be better prepared, and will include clubs from more countries than the original proposal. Cities and clubs from Northern, Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe will play a major role in it ...

Is that the UEFA you were eulogising about when they were helping to funding Stadiums and holding games in your part of the World.  ;)

The biggest issue with the way football is governed is the self interest. You seem to be in favour of whoever offers the Balkans the best deal.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2022, 12:10:42 pm »

One of the many mistakes of the Super League was inviting clubs owned by states. If they excluded them by implementing a functioning fit and proper test and made the ESL truly open with no guaranteed places for founding clubs, I might even be for it. Let City, Newcastle and PSG become irrelevant.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2023, 02:13:00 pm »
Madrid court judgement requires FIFA & UEFA to REFRAIN from any measures, actions, statements that prevents or hinders the preparation or development of the European Super League. [@marca]

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2023, 02:16:41 pm »
Good. FIFA and UEFA have ruined football already.
I fully support anything that will take the money from their pockets.