Author Topic: pacheco joins norwich on loan  (Read 86535 times)

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: pacheco joins norwich on loan
« Reply #440 on: April 3, 2011, 10:52:21 am »
Seemed to have a good game, although he won't get anywhere near that amount of time and space in the premier league.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: April 3, 2011, 10:52:21 am »
Am I the only the one depressed watching that 'debut' performance after seeing the turgid shite we served up in attacking midfield yesterday during our humiliation at the hands of the OFC?

I'd be interested in Kenny's opinions on the lad. Is this move to get him game time to see what he can do or to put him the shop window. Pacheco could be a star for us imo IF we change our philosophy in the summer and stop the hoofball.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #442 on: April 3, 2011, 10:53:28 am »
Great debut, ideally he'll keep that level of performance for the rest of his loan (and fire them into our league) and either come back to us with bag fulls of confidence or extend his loan into the 1st half of next season.

Thanks for the update parrott, norwich look a decent footballing side, didn't they only win promotion last year (or the year before)? If so, and if they get up into the PL it's a bit of trend isn't it....

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #443 on: April 3, 2011, 10:55:03 am »
Am I the only the one depressed watching that 'debut' performance after seeing the turgid shite we served up in attacking midfield yesterday during our humiliation at the hands of the OFC?

Spearing, Cole, Kuyt. And somewhere in Norfolk, Pacheco is on loan.

just been making the same point in the suarez thread.  spearing's been shown up for his limitations - he's not good enough to get away with being so small but dani boy is.

such intelligence and purpose. 

it reminds me of our reserves when they're in full flight - they make the clever runs, they make the clever passes - whereas our first team are exactly the opposite when they lose a few players.

this also from a player that hasn't had a look in all season and is then farmed out to norwich.

no twitter whinging that i'm aware of just the wonderful sight of a top young player seeing it as an opportunity to impress.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #444 on: April 3, 2011, 10:56:01 am »
Seemed to have a good game, although he won't get anywhere near that amount of time and space in the premier league.

fair but we can look bereft of ideas between the lines - suarez the notable exception - so having someone in there with an eye for a pass and an ability to feed of carroll would not be a bad thing.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #445 on: April 3, 2011, 10:56:35 am »
good game that from Dani.. hope he can become the player we need, give Kenny no option but to play him next season..

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: April 3, 2011, 10:58:33 am »
Really hope he does well there. By the sound of it he played well yesterday. Well done Dani lad. About six months ago I met Dani for the first time. Nice quiet lad who I hope achieves great things.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: April 3, 2011, 11:03:49 am »
such intelligence and purpose. 
That's it in a nutshell really. Which is why I don't understand why he hasn't had a look in under Kenny. We are utterly bereft of such players bar our Uruguayan.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #448 on: April 3, 2011, 11:20:41 am »
Just watch the way he plays in that video, in a side he's never played in before, he just knows how to pick a pass and where to move. At 20 years old he has a better footballing brain than most of our midfield.

The fact that that was he debut and as you say in a team he's never played in says a lot, just look at him demanding the ball. Always calling for it, showing for it and waving his arms in the air, not in the Spearing "pass it over there" way but in the "give it to me and i'll make something happen" way.

To think people are worried about how he'd handle the pressure of life in our 1st team.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #449 on: April 3, 2011, 11:20:54 am »
Scunthorpe are a brutal side to be fair. But I'm happy that he has made an instant impression. The next couple of games would give us more of an idea. Has a massive derby coming up which should be fun

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 3, 2011, 11:22:31 am »
Did anyone see how many assists he picked up in his first match, two or three?

Superb movement and clever passing range, from the highlights. He's going to tear that league to shreds.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 3, 2011, 11:30:36 am »
He was boss yesterday, the Norwich lads all love him already, they were very excited about seeing him play as were we.. I still can't believe he wasn't given a single minute in the Europa League to be honest but ah well.

(I felt the need to add the ah well cos I can't be arsed replying to the inevitable "he wasn't ready, don't you trust Kenny" responses.)
Did anyone see how many assists he picked up in his first match, two or three?

Superb movement and clever passing range, from the highlights. He's going to tear that league to shreds.
He assisted one and his through ball led to the penalty that made it 2-0. His overall play was brilliant, dropping deep to pick up the ball, showed a lot of confidence on the ball and his passing was great (movement off the ball too).
« Last Edit: April 3, 2011, 11:32:34 am by Suso »

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #452 on: April 3, 2011, 11:53:29 am »
not sure if it has been posted but highlights from norwich - scunthorpe game..
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ5rjPUvg0c
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #453 on: April 3, 2011, 11:56:01 am »
Love the kid and hope he proves the management/coaches here wrong and wins his place in the squad for next season.

I would rather have him on the pitch than Joe Cole, Jovanovic, Poulsen etc....

Keep it up Dani lad.
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline StevieSuarezJoe

• Anny Roader
  • I Hate you because I loved you so much
« Reply #454 on: April 3, 2011, 12:12:41 pm »
Very promising start!
Proud Melbourne Red

Offline glassypool

• Main Stander
  • Now you're gonna believe us...
« Reply #455 on: April 3, 2011, 12:16:50 pm »
Spotted this post at another forum

According to Paul Dalglish, Kenny has been wanting him to go on loan since January but only to a Club that will keep his development going.  He believes that Norwich is the perfect fit for the lad, they play good attacking football on the floor, there's the pressure of maintaining their promotion push and he's going to actually play.

I have no doubt in my mind that he is part of Kenny's plans for next year.  With the distinct lack of creativity we have why the hell would he let go, then have to buy someone else.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 3, 2011, 12:22:33 pm »
Spotted this post at another forum

as good as that is, we've been hearing that he's been in our plans for ages now. It just never seems to be.

Offline glassypool

• Main Stander
  • Now you're gonna believe us...
« Reply #457 on: April 3, 2011, 01:10:56 pm »
as good as that is, we've been hearing that he's been in our plans for ages now. It just never seems to be.

We'll just have to learn to be patient, everything will come good soon.

P.S. Abed!

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #458 on: April 3, 2011, 01:22:54 pm »
The fact that that was he debut and as you say in a team he's never played in says a lot, just look at him demanding the ball. Always calling for it, showing for it and waving his arms in the air, not in the Spearing "pass it over there" way but in the "give it to me and i'll make something happen" way.

To think people are worried about how he'd handle the pressure of life in our 1st team.

and he's always looked similarly up for it when he's had his little cameos for the first team.

i think he's just been unlucky with how the cards fell this season.

if kenny had been in from the start or indeed rafa still at the helm we'd have seen more of him.

he is a much better player than spearing though - to be fair to the very wee man - spearing's probably got a bit more bite if we're intent on playing them in the middle of the park.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #459 on: April 3, 2011, 01:24:47 pm »

well if he comes up with norwich (not unlikely) the worst case scenario should be a continuation of the loan to them next season.

of course the worst case could actually be him fucking off back to spain for sweet fanny adam.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 3, 2011, 01:27:13 pm »
Looked good, but Scunthorpe are a poor side and gave him tons of space. At least he's playing and getting some experience in a tough league.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #461 on: April 3, 2011, 02:43:51 pm »
Just spotted whitbread is there too
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #462 on: April 3, 2011, 03:10:55 pm »
full comment from lambert:

he Liverpool and former Barcelona youngster was too hot to handle as Norwich City ran relegation-haunted Scunthorpe United ragged at Carrow Road on Saturday afternoon, hammering the 10-man visitors 6-0.

Hat-tricks from Grant Holt and second-half substitute Simeon Jackson decided matters for second place City, while Pacheco’s performance will have eased the sight of Wes Hoolahan limping out with a hamstring injury.

That could mean Hoolahan, who was also on top form against the Iron, is a major doubt for next weekend’s mouth-watering clash with automatic promotion rivals Swansea City in Wales.

“I thought from the off we were outstanding,” said Lambert, who was delighted with the debut of on-loan Liverpool star Dani Pacheco.

“The tempo of the game was great, the new lads have certainly given the place a lift and the way we played was excellent.

“I thought his debut was as good as I’ve seen. I thought he was brilliant, he lifted the crowd.

“The hype about him was over the top. People thought he was just going to come in here like Lionel Messi. He’s only a 20-year-old kid learning the game, but I thought his performance was fantastic.”

As for Scunthorpe manager Alan Knill, taking charge of his first game since leaving Bury on Thursday, the defeat did not knock his sense of humour.

““I’ve been in one day, watched training Friday and it confirmed what I thought,” he said. “When a team is second from bottom, you know there are some problems and I knew that when I came.

“I think we can definitely be better than that. It’s extremely difficult with 10 men against a really good side, but the good thing is I’ve only got (Championship leaders) QPR next Saturday.”

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: April 3, 2011, 03:24:30 pm »
If he wasn't in our plans he would have gone on loan to a Spanish club (IMO).
« Last Edit: April 3, 2011, 03:26:03 pm by SRAWL »
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 3, 2011, 03:34:02 pm »
If he wasn't in our plans he would have gone on loan to a Spanish club (IMO).

Spanish clubs can't loan players outside of the transfer window.

Offline lafuriaroja

• Kopite
  • Bazinga!
« Reply #465 on: April 3, 2011, 03:39:04 pm »
Spanish clubs can't loan players outside of the transfer window.

If he wasn't in our plans, he would have gone to a Spanish club in January. It sounds like we've been looking for the right place to send him on loan since Kenny came in.
"I think Jose should have brought a double decker rather than the mini bus."

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: April 3, 2011, 03:45:44 pm »
I've had a little look at some Norwich FC forums, and they seem really impressed with him. Look like a decent bunch of fans, too.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline milankakabaros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: April 3, 2011, 03:55:19 pm »
Dani Pacheco V Scunthorpe Match Compilation.

Enjoy

http://milankakabaros.blogspot.com/

Ill try to compile most of his matches for Norwich ( if possible)
Keep up to track with the video compilations.
http://twitter.com/milankakabaros

http://www.footylounge.com/films/

Offline zjim

• Kopite
« Reply #468 on: April 3, 2011, 04:11:10 pm »
^ wow your awesome

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: April 3, 2011, 04:50:45 pm »
Agreed
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #470 on: April 3, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »
not sure if it has been posted but highlights from norwich - scunthorpe game..
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ5rjPUvg0c

wow Norwich play some great football.

can't wait to see them in PL next season

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 3, 2011, 06:07:07 pm »

Enjoy

mate, just wanna say your comps are THE DOGS BOLLOCKS! Much appreiciated! :wave

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #472 on: April 3, 2011, 06:10:09 pm »
Can you imagine the mess everywhere had his attempted chip over the keeper from 50 yards went in? I'd have no balls left.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: April 3, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »

Enjoy

Cheers for that, mate.

He had a fairly decent performance - hope he can keep it up so we can see him in a red shirt next season.

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
« Reply #474 on: April 3, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »
wow Norwich play some great football.

can't wait to see them in PL next season

Norwich won't get promoted.
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: April 3, 2011, 06:27:31 pm »

Playing against defenders like Soto and Carra cant be too much to ask... You have all space you need...
« Last Edit: April 3, 2011, 06:32:50 pm by Gainsbarre »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #476 on: April 3, 2011, 06:50:53 pm »

what makes you say that?  not being a smart arse i just don't get to see the lower echelons unless there's a reason.

they definitely play excellent football and seem to have a hungry young team.

they're also second and just won 6-0 hence my surprise at your comment.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #477 on: April 3, 2011, 07:14:17 pm »

Why not? Please elaborate.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: April 3, 2011, 07:22:04 pm »
Can you imagine the mess everywhere had his attempted chip over the keeper from 50 yards went in? I'd have no balls left.

I think you lost your marbles a long time ago

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: April 3, 2011, 08:19:52 pm »

Enjoy

Thanks mate!
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"