Author Topic: pacheco joins norwich on loan  (Read 86534 times)

Offline beefdog

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: pacheco joins norwich on loan
« Reply #360 on: April 2, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »
Sounds good!  Hopefully if the game turns out to be a good score they might show the highlights tonight on the football league show, BBC  :)

Offline steve10

• Kopite
« Reply #361 on: April 2, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »
IMO he will be sold in the summer. Look at our current squad- if he cannot get into the team in front of Maxi, Jovanic & Cole all of whom will be sold in the summer he has no chance .

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: April 2, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »
Sounds he has had a flying start. If he can manage to keep up his performances, he can be a useful understudy to Suarez next season.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: April 2, 2011, 04:06:18 pm »
Just seen replays of their goals. Superb through ball with the outside of his boot leading to the penalty.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #364 on: April 2, 2011, 04:07:07 pm »
IMO he will be sold in the summer. Look at our current squad- if he cannot get into the team in front of Maxi, Jovanic & Cole all of whom will be sold in the summer he has no chance .

He's still young.  You have to manage younger players properly.  If Kenny thinks it would be detrimental to his development to have him starting matches with the team in the current state it's in, then I trust his judgement.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: April 2, 2011, 04:16:23 pm »
;D Almost pulled off a Xabi there

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Anfield might be million miles away but it's home
« Reply #366 on: April 2, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »
He's really enjoying himself.   :D

Offline glassypool

• Main Stander
  • Now you're gonna believe us...
« Reply #367 on: April 2, 2011, 04:19:42 pm »

Like your crystal ball there mate

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #368 on: April 2, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »
just subbed off to a standing ovation..... brilliant first game in the league. Yes that's right, first ever start in the league. Well done lad

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #369 on: April 2, 2011, 04:34:35 pm »
NorwichCityFC: 71st - Another massive ovation, this time for Dani Pacheco as he is replaced by Simeon Jackson
 Steve: And Jackson comes on for Dani Pacheco.. Amazing ovation for the little Spaniard as he comes off. A very impressive debut for the lad, very impressive.

Good run out by Pacheco and he is being appreciated... he is brought off just like the top scorer, Holt to rest for the next game - I presume
« Last Edit: April 2, 2011, 04:39:26 pm by opsteo »

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #370 on: April 2, 2011, 04:36:55 pm »
Are people actually watching Norwich instead of Liverpool?
ynwa

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #371 on: April 2, 2011, 04:40:20 pm »

It's not rocket surgery to watch us on TV and Norwich on a stream, besides we can't comment on our game since the thread is locked anyway.

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #372 on: April 2, 2011, 04:48:13 pm »

Multi-tasking.. Norwich on computer ..look at update every 15-20mins versus Liverpool at telly.

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #373 on: April 2, 2011, 04:56:37 pm »
He's still young.  You have to manage younger players properly.  If Kenny thinks it would be detrimental to his development to have him starting matches with the team in the current state it's in, then I trust his judgement.
Oh, cmon now. If you surrender your critical reasoning then any single thing Kenny does can be interpreted in a positive light. Kenny is a human being after all and should be expected to make mistakes once in a while. I personally take issue with the fact J. Cole has been so utterly dismal and has been given so many opportunities by Kenny. Can you please rationalize that for me?
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 2, 2011, 04:59:50 pm »
Wonder if Norwich would take another 3-4 of our players

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #375 on: April 2, 2011, 05:00:41 pm »
So how did he do overall?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 2, 2011, 05:03:42 pm »
So how did he do overall?

Got an assist and played the pass that won them a penalty.. Sounds like he impressed and earned himself a standing ovation when he came off.

Only problem is that the fella that came on for him ended up getting a hat-trick within about 20 minutes  ;D

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 2, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »
Wonder if Norwich would take another 3-4 10 to 12 of our players

Fixed for you  ;)
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 2, 2011, 05:04:53 pm »
Wonder if Norwich would take another 3-4 of our players

Sotis...? Too soon?

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: April 2, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »
Fantastic to hear that pacheco is getting a standing ovation in his first start.

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 2, 2011, 05:13:48 pm »
why didnt we give them Joe COle instead and held on the Pacheco.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #381 on: April 2, 2011, 05:17:38 pm »
Oh, cmon now. If you surrender your critical reasoning then any single thing Kenny does can be interpreted in a positive light. Kenny is a human being after all and should be expected to make mistakes once in a while. I personally take issue with the fact J. Cole has been so utterly dismal and has been given so many opportunities by Kenny. Can you please rationalize that for me?

What does that have to do with Pacheco getting valuable game time in a team who are performing really well in their league and playing good football?

Offline AK20

• Kopite
  • Fedor Emelianenko
« Reply #382 on: April 2, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »
anyone have links to their goals???

Offline zERo

• Kopite
  • We will rise again
« Reply #383 on: April 2, 2011, 06:05:27 pm »
Norwwich won 6-0, with Pacheco getting an assist, came off on 70 min to a standing ovation and the player who replaced him got a hat trick
Only thing that is constant is the change, learn to live with it, move on

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #384 on: April 2, 2011, 06:52:32 pm »
We don't need him, much rather have Spearing in the team  :butt

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #385 on: April 2, 2011, 06:53:57 pm »
My friends are head over heels in love with him after one game!

Sounds like he was outstanding
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #386 on: April 2, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »
What does that have to do with Pacheco getting valuable game time in a team who are performing really well in their league and playing good football?
Pacheco performing really well for another clubt at a time when we could clearly use a creative midfielder even for a 15 minute spell...
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 2, 2011, 06:54:38 pm »
Great to hear he did so well! Only positive thing I've heard all day!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #388 on: April 2, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »
Pacheco performing really well for another clubt at a time when we could clearly use a creative midfielder even for a 15 minute spell...

But what happens if Pacheco comes in during this bad spell we're having, doesn't create anything, doesn't make an impact, loses confidence, etc.  I think Kenny has made the right decision to give him game time in a team who are playing well at the moment and at a level he'll be more than comfortable at.  If he keeps his form up he'll come back with more confidence and experience.

Putting the burden of creative responsibility on him in this Liverpool team would be a risk.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #389 on: April 2, 2011, 07:02:56 pm »
i tried to get grant holt of norwich back into a fantasy team but have already used my transfers for the season

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: April 2, 2011, 07:06:19 pm »
A little 10 minute cameo here and there wouldn't have been burdening him with the responsibility of being our creative outlet, and even if that was true I can't imagine he'd do any worse than some of the older players who've been given that responsibility and failed time and time again.

Glad he looks to have got off to a great start.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #391 on: April 2, 2011, 07:06:24 pm »
Paul Lambert has referred to it as the 'Greatest debut he has seen'
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #392 on: April 2, 2011, 07:08:45 pm »
But what happens if Pacheco comes in during this bad spell we're having, doesn't create anything, doesn't make an impact, loses confidence, etc.  I think Kenny has made the right decision to give him game time in a team who are playing well at the moment and at a level he'll be more than comfortable at.  If he keeps his form up he'll come back with more confidence and experience.

Putting the burden of creative responsibility on him in this Liverpool team would be a risk.

There's 2 sides to that coin.

Relying on the likes of Spearing, Clole or Maxi or creativity/goals is also a risk, given that in the majority of their collective time at Liverpool none of them have shown themselve to really be capable of it.

And the will always be pressure on him at LFC, we're too big a club for there never to be any focus on him or pressure on him. He needs to be exposed to it at some point. He's no wallflower, he doesn't hide even when things aren't going his way. He had a shot about 30 seconds in to his debut ffs.

Loaning him out wont be a bad thing for his development, but it might be a bad thing for our season.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: April 2, 2011, 07:28:08 pm »
The Liverpool and former Barcelona youngster was too hot to handle as Norwich City ran relegation-haunted Scunthorpe United ragged at Carrow Road on Saturday afternoon, hammering the 10-man visitors 6-0.

Hat-tricks from Grant Holt and second-half substitute Simeon Jackson decided matters for second place City, while Pacheco’s performance will have eased the sight of Wes Hoolahan limping out with a hamstring injury.

That could mean Hoolahan, who was also on top form against the Iron, is a major doubt for next weekend’s mouth-watering clash with automatic promotion rivals Swansea City in Wales.

“I thought from the off we were outstanding,” said Lambert, who was delighted with the debut of on-loan Liverpool star Dani Pacheco.

“The tempo of the game was great, the new lads have certainly given the place a lift and the way we played was excellent.

“I thought his debut was as good as I’ve seen. I thought he was brilliant, he lifted the crowd.

“The hype about him was over the top. People thought he was just going to come in here like Lionel Messi. He’s only a 20-year-old kid learning the game, but I thought his performance was fantastic.”

As for Scunthorpe manager Alan Knill, taking charge of his first game since leaving Bury on Thursday, the defeat did not knock his sense of humour.

““I’ve been in one day, watched training Friday and it confirmed what I thought,” he said. “When a team is second from bottom, you know there are some problems and I knew that when I came.

“I think we can definitely be better than that. It’s extremely difficult with 10 men against a really good side, but the good thing is I’ve only got (Championship leaders) QPR next Saturday.”

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/paul_lambert_dani_pacheco_debut_as_good_as_they_get_1_850250

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #394 on: April 2, 2011, 07:29:53 pm »
In a way Pacheco's performance for Norwich just makes the day even more depressing for me.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #395 on: April 2, 2011, 07:37:31 pm »
In a way Pacheco's performance for Norwich just makes the day even more depressing for me.

Feel exactly the same, although I'm not surprised.

But still, he's a myth that Pacheco lad, he'd never survive in a physical league like the championship  :-X

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #396 on: April 2, 2011, 07:55:04 pm »

Sorry mate, but that's largely bs. Millions of careers of young footballers were built on the fact they were given a chance in a struggling team. That's in fact how it is typically done.
If you want to rationalize everything Kenny does and put a positive spin on it, then fine, you can certainly do it. Hence your explanation of avoiding to put a "burden of creative responsibility" on Pacheco.  You don't put a burden of creative responsibility on him, you give him a chance.
In my mind, there is no excuse for Kenny giving preference to one Joe Cole who was abismal in his every appearance for this club. In fact, Kenny's trust in Cole is the only thing he inherited from Hodgson and I don't like it. While I trust Kenny, I don't trust him about Cole.

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #397 on: April 2, 2011, 08:21:39 pm »
im glad he played well. but we all knew already he could play well.

ill be looking for consistency.

Irish Exile Red

Offline HarleyKewell7

• Anny Roader
  • Hasn't got a bad passing range, this lad
« Reply #398 on: April 2, 2011, 08:31:02 pm »
“The hype about him was over the top. People thought he was just going to come in here like Lionel Messi.”

Lambert has been reading RAWK then. If he can keep the good performances up and show he's better than that level of football, I've no doubt he'll get his chance.
Why did we sell Heskey?

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #399 on: April 2, 2011, 08:38:40 pm »
You can see whats coming,Pacheco will enjoy his time at Norwich.
Norwich will get promotion,Pacheco will say he would like to stay there.
We will sell him for £1million,Pacheco will become a star.
Barcelona will come in and buy him for £30 million.
Everyones a winner except us.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.