Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3493199 times)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Re: Wuhan Coronavirus
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2020, 02:32:50 pm »
Death rate for Italy seems high so far, maybe blind luck, maybe a lot of at risk people exposed, maybe just a lot more cases there than have been diagnosed so far
So far, they are the sick and the old. I don't know why the mortality rate is higher in italy though.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2020, 02:37:08 pm »
6th Italian has died.

Worth making it clear that the sixth and seventh deaths reported in Italy are only via media, rather than being confirmed (as a; not being made up, as seen before in reports around the world and b; being confirmed as deaths related to COVID) by officials.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2020, 03:00:27 pm »
My Italian workmate has just told me that the government has made it mandatory that people (who can) work from home under the smart working law.

This is the law, enacted in 2017: https://theword.iuslaboris.com/hrlaw/insights/italys-new-law-on-smart-working

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 03:07:37 pm by conman »

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2020, 07:56:01 pm »
Not read up much about this but can someone point me to an article somewhere or website that explains how this is worse than for example a normal flu? And what the differences are? Because the symptoms sound pretty similar and I haven’t read up on the deaths so don’t want to just assume it’s already ill / older people with weak immune systems like my mates down the pub will tell me that are the ones dying from this.
Justice for the 97

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2020, 07:58:37 pm »
Not read up much about this but can someone point me to an article somewhere or website that explains how this is worse than for example a normal flu? And what the differences are? Because the symptoms sound pretty similar and I haven’t read up on the deaths so don’t want to just assume it’s already ill / older people with weak immune systems like my mates down the pub will tell me that are the ones dying from this.

Not so much sneezing with this compared to seasonal flu, apparently.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2020, 09:24:08 pm »

Doctor on TV was asked the differences, she said that around 7 days after a patient catches Corona, after going through the normal flu symptoms,  it hits the respiratory system in a big way and patients will have difficulty breathing and often need oxygen.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2020, 10:36:26 pm »

More deadly, more infectious, 20% chance of being hospitalised, no vaccine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusUK/comments/f8ubhx/the_facts_why_covid2019_is_not_just_the_flu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #327 on: February 24, 2020, 10:54:25 pm »
More deadly, more infectious, 20% chance of being hospitalised, no vaccine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusUK/comments/f8ubhx/the_facts_why_covid2019_is_not_just_the_flu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Wait, so technically you can contract this and actually recover on your own? I guess the obvious and bigger worry would be infecting other people who can then infect other people.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: February 24, 2020, 11:09:48 pm »
Wait, so technically you can contract this and actually recover on your own? I guess the obvious and bigger worry would be infecting other people who can then infect other people.

Pretty sure you're very likely to recover on your own? If youre young, fit and healthy anyway. That's why all the figures and mortality rates should be taken with a pinch of salt, as many will have been infected that no one knows about.

But yeah, it's who you might infect that is the issue.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:12:00 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 24, 2020, 11:58:12 pm »

Yes your body produced antibodies against it like it does with other viruses, every single recovered case has recovered on their own (some experimental medicines have been used though). And yes, personally I am not worried at all for myself as I'm young and healthy but I am very worried for my mum who's 62 with a pre-existing respiratory condition in asthma.

The rates are all across the board so the 2/3% death rate and 20% severe complication rate will be lower for young people and higher for elderly people with pre-existing conditions.

Unfortunately it looks like if one member of the family gets it everyone will get it, you'd need some serious quarantining procedures not to, many doctors and nurses have died despite having all the right PPE.

"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 25, 2020, 01:21:01 am »

I got over Swine Flu back in 2009.  I never got a formal diagnosis but it was the big thing back then when I got sick.  In work they even installed those hand cleanser devices on the walls.

Was a hellish week.  In bed with PJs, housecoat, hotwater bottle and every blanket in the house and I was still shivering like the last boiler in the universe had just died.  And it was May.

I remember well a segment on the Beeb where they asked some doctor, "How do you REALLY know your have Swine flu, and aren't just being a hypochondriac?" and the doctor replied, "If you're walking down the street and see £20 on the ground, and don't feel well enough to bend down and pick it up - THEN you have Swine flu."

That was pretty much exactly how I felt that week.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #331 on: February 25, 2020, 07:38:53 am »
That swine flu was rough. I was too ill to even go get the medication they'd sorted for me. Even lying in bed was painful. Not complained about having a cold since! Well, not as much...

Does this from The Atlantic scan with reporting elsewhere? https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/covid-vaccine/607000/

TL:DR - Concern is not over it being hugely life threatening on an individual basis per se but that it'll have a similar reach/impact and persistence as cold and flu while also being much more dangerous in comparison to them?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 25, 2020, 09:34:06 am »
Hotel in Tenerife carrying out testing of its guests after an Italian has been tested positive for the virus.

Close the fucking borders and bring up the drawbridges.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #333 on: February 25, 2020, 10:18:19 am »
Hotel in Tenerife carrying out testing of its guests after an Italian has been tested positive for the virus.

Fucks sake, supposed to going there for a stag in 8 weeks

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: February 25, 2020, 01:08:34 pm »
Two schools in Cheshire have shut after some of their students returned from trips in Italy.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2020, 01:23:35 pm »

If the reports coming out of Tenerife are correct, its an Italian doctor from Lombardy, still gets on a plane and flies to Tenerife. He's then spent 6 days feeling ill before he told anyone :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2020, 01:34:35 pm »
If the reports coming out of Tenerife are correct, its an Italian doctor from Lombardy, still gets on a plane and flies to Tenerife. He's then spent 6 days feeling ill before he told anyone :butt

Its only around Friday that the issue in Italy really blew up so you cannot blame him for getting on the plane but the second bit sounds idiotic.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2020, 01:46:15 pm »
Its only around Friday that the issue in Italy really blew up so you cannot blame him for getting on the plane but the second bit sounds idiotic.

I was assuming he had seen some patients with flu like symptoms prior to his departure and he'd have at least thought about it.

My immediate boss has just come back from skiing in Northern Italy so he's now working from home for 2 weeks just in case - he's not showing any symptoms though
Jurgen YNWA

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2020, 02:33:43 pm »
Two schools in Cheshire have shut after some of their students returned from trips in Italy.
One is just down the road from my work.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2020, 02:42:28 pm »
I was assuming he had seen some patients with flu like symptoms prior to his departure and he'd have at least thought about it.

My immediate boss has just come back from skiing in Northern Italy so he's now working from home for 2 weeks just in case - he's not showing any symptoms though

My work has started to implement no uncritical travel, apart from few of the higher ups who had meetings with people who were in Milan last week and have travelled to London and Dublin offices last two days. Fucking morons.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2020, 02:55:33 pm »

He's like the guy in every zombie/vampire movie who's been bitten but keeps it a secret

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2020, 02:59:30 pm »

Some reports that gestation period of the virus might be longer than 2 weeks.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2020, 03:42:21 pm »
The most concerning area is probably Iran. There is a major religious site in Qom where the authorities appear to be refusing to lock down the area which gets millions of pilgrims from all over the world. There is a tension between religion and science and it would seem that at the moment the science is being ignored.  Presumably many of the visitors will be from all over the world. Not a good situation for containment at all
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2020, 03:57:23 pm »
The most concerning area is probably Iran. There is a major religious site in Qom where the authorities appear to be refusing to lock down the area which gets millions of pilgrims from all over the world. There is a tension between religion and science and it would seem that at the moment the science is being ignored.  Presumably many of the visitors will be from all over the world. Not a good situation for containment at all

Basically then countries are going to have to block flights coming from Iran.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #345 on: February 25, 2020, 04:01:35 pm »
Basically then countries are going to have to block flights coming from Iran.

Pretty much if it isn`t too late already. No one can trust their figures.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #346 on: February 25, 2020, 04:05:24 pm »
The problem is with the incubation period and the amount of travel people do you're always going to be 5 steps behind. It all seemed under control a few weeks ago but it seems it's been a hard job keeping the lid on.

I see some people saying it's not a big deal because it doesn't effect those in good health, the issue is those with good health deliver it to those at risk.
:D

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: February 25, 2020, 04:07:48 pm »
Apologies if this has been posted, but thought some might find it interesting - a real time updated tracker for the spread of the virus.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 25, 2020, 04:13:00 pm »
The problem is with the incubation period and the amount of travel people do you're always going to be 5 steps behind. It all seemed under control a few weeks ago but it seems it's been a hard job keeping the lid on.

The other side to that coin is that it's extremely difficult for us to appraise responses to this outbreak, particularly positive ones. So things have picked up, particularly in the news cycles the last few days, but sometimes something that's bad news on the surface is actually good news (eg identifying a super spreader, so that contact tracing can take place and prevention measures set up using this intelligence).

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 25, 2020, 04:40:53 pm »
Case confirmed in Barcelona.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 25, 2020, 04:58:31 pm »
2 questions then:

1) how can we be sure that hundreds of people or thousands aren't walking around Liverpool now for example who have just got back from northern Italy and are spreading the virus round everywhere they go?

2) if you suddenly got a heavy cold would it take a few weeks to you then think 'oh this could be coronavirus as I'm struggling to breathe now?'
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 25, 2020, 05:22:12 pm »
3 further deaths in Italy. Total now stands at 10.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2020, 05:53:19 pm »
As someone with a pre-existing condition that makes me vulnurable to this, I have to admit I'm starting to get a bit concerned.

My sister from South Africa has just headed off on travels round Europe as well and heading up here afterwards.... she is a doctor though so will at least be sensible if she gets symptoms though.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 25, 2020, 05:53:51 pm »
Who exactly as classified as at risk?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2020, 05:58:28 pm »
Who exactly as classified as at risk?

It's not exhaustive, but the first couple of points under Medical Advice here cover this

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china/questions-answers

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2020, 06:37:52 pm »
It's not exhaustive, but the first couple of points under Medical Advice here cover this

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china/questions-answers

The site is down (overloaded by look of it). Here is a cached (not fully functional) version of the page:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rREdH402jgIJ:https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china/questions-answers

The two Medical Information points you referenced:

Medical information
1. What are the symptoms of COVID-19 infection

From what we know so far, the virus can cause mild, flu-like symptoms such as

fever
    cough
    difficulty breathing
    pain in the muscles
    tiredness.

More serious cases develop severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock that can lead to the death of the patient. People with existing chronic conditions seem to be more vulnerable to severe illness.
2. Are some people more at risk than others?

Generally elderly people and those with underlying conditions (e.g. hypertension, heart disorders, diabetes, liver disorders, and respiratory disease) are expected to be more at risk of developing severe symptoms.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2020, 06:45:01 pm »
2 questions then:

1) how can we be sure that hundreds of people or thousands aren't walking around Liverpool now for example who have just got back from northern Italy and are spreading the virus round everywhere they go?

2) if you suddenly got a heavy cold would it take a few weeks to you then think 'oh this could be coronavirus as I'm struggling to breathe now?'

1. Italy has a decent (relatively) healthcare system and as such you should expect them to be able to minimise the spread of the virus to their own population which should minimise the risk to international visitors. Its the nations with poorer healthcare and government that IMO pose the greatest risk.

China is an authoritarian state so have implemented a massive quarantine operation. My fear is that the likes of Iran and Indonesia have neither the healthcare system or the same power as a government to do the same and the virus will spread uncontrollably from these places.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2020, 06:50:27 pm »
Ireland vs Italy cancelled.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 25, 2020, 06:59:54 pm »

I have 2 collegues who just returned from Hong Kong a week ago!  :o :o

Human resources/occ health have said as long as they're showing no symptoms they were fine to return to work. Effin' insane  :butt
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2020, 07:01:18 pm »
The scenes of the Deputy Health Minister of Iran during that address were striking.