Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 94319 times)

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Goodbye Aurelio
« Reply #400 on: May 24, 2012, 08:17:29 pm »
Injuries hampered what was a quality player. I always think how great he could have been for us.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #401 on: May 24, 2012, 08:18:45 pm »
Loved him, in reality he's been gone for some time. Hope he gets plenty of games, he deserves it.
:D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #402 on: May 24, 2012, 08:22:32 pm »

Good luck and thanks for some great memories Fabio.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: May 24, 2012, 08:23:44 pm »
Great player. As others have already said, injuries have really thwarted his career here. Hope his luck improves at Gremio

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #404 on: May 24, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »
Loved this fella when he was flying with us in 08/09.

THAT Freekick at Stanford Bridge.Probably the most underated freekick ever scored and my favourite ever.So unique.

Good luck fabio  :wave
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline olllie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 24, 2012, 08:48:19 pm »
Thanks Fabio. For being professional about not getting as much play time, for digging deep hitting form when called upon, and for the great goals and memories

Best of luck in the future to him

Offline yes

• no. prog punditry
  • Kopite
  • I got the ill communication
« Reply #406 on: May 24, 2012, 08:50:11 pm »
Good luck Fabio, a class act.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: May 24, 2012, 08:57:59 pm »
Class player with a great attitude. Shame we didn't see more of him.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #408 on: May 24, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
Really loved Aurelio. All the best lad, thanks for some quality memories and a real shame you weren't able to pick a winner's medal up with us which you more than deserved.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline placidcasual

• Main Stander
  • No you won't fool the children of the Rafalution
« Reply #409 on: May 24, 2012, 09:01:17 pm »
Class act. Some great memories. All the best, Fab.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #410 on: May 24, 2012, 09:05:07 pm »
Anyone done/in the process of making an Aurelio video?
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2012, 09:37:07 pm »
Who's doing the medicals at Gremio?!

Lucas :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #412 on: May 24, 2012, 09:41:24 pm »
Absolutely loved this guy, a great player that wasn't afforded the luck with injuries that many lesser have had... CLASS!

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #413 on: May 24, 2012, 10:06:36 pm »
Better than Enrique as seen a few weeks back!

Brilliant player and he'll be missed! Best of luck Fabio!

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: May 24, 2012, 10:09:34 pm »
The moment that free kick went in at Stamford Bridge is possibly my high point supporting Liverpool FC. I've never believed in our team as much as I did that night, when he scored there was no doubt in my mind we were going to turn it around. For me that very second may be the high point of Rafa's time at Liverpool, even over Istanbul.

Thanks for everything Fabio. Shame about the injuries, you were fucking good when you played.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:14:09 pm by BIGdavalad »
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #415 on: May 24, 2012, 10:10:42 pm »
I will actually really, really miss him.

My favourite Fabio-moment was against Chelsea in the CL, the 4-4 game. We didn't go through obviously, but he gave us some hope.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #416 on: May 24, 2012, 10:18:58 pm »
Fantastic player, but never could stay fit. It's the reason why we got him on a free (he was worth much much more), but even with his injuries, he gave quite a few lasting memories.

Good luck (for the 2nd time!) :wave
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: May 24, 2012, 10:21:59 pm »
Who sold him....?

And welcome back Dava  :wave

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #418 on: May 24, 2012, 10:22:25 pm »
Like many have said, I will always remember that chelsea free kick.

Thanks for all the memories Fabio. Disappointing we didn't see more of you. All the best in the future and hopefully see you around the club again soon.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #419 on: May 24, 2012, 10:24:52 pm »
The moment that free kick went in at Stamford Bridge is possibly my high point supporting Liverpool FC. I've never believed in our team as much as I did that night, when he scored there was no doubt in my mind we were going to turn it around. For me that very second may be the high point of Rafa's time at Liverpool, even over Istanbul.
Welcome back soldier

Defiantly, that was our finest side in 20 years by quite a bit, but it won nothing and fell apart the season after, we'll be pondering forever what went wrong

Offline Ferron

• Main Stander
« Reply #420 on: May 24, 2012, 10:25:29 pm »
Good luck Aurelio!

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #421 on: May 24, 2012, 10:47:47 pm »

Thanks for everything Fabio. Shame about the injuries, you were fucking good when you played.

I fully agree. There was no team in the world that I feared facing at that point. Thank you Fabio for being a part of it (and a very important part of it you were).
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #422 on: May 24, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »
Aaah- what a gem of a player you could have been, big Fabio! The best fullback in the league during 2008-2009 when you was fit!

Good luck wherever you go and thank you for the goals against Chelsea and United. I will always remember those goals!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #423 on: May 24, 2012, 10:57:26 pm »
We wouldn't have lost that night against Chelsea in the semi if Fabio didn't go off injured. We were comfortably in control and Fabio was at his magnificent best. He was such an overwhelming presence, Chelsea's mid 3, particularly Ballack couldn't get a handle on the game. Soon as Fabio went off, Ballack ran us ragged- after being manhandled and being completely out of his depth the whole night.

Fabio was such an influential player when he was fit. Along with Alonso in 2008-2009, he was the key to our run. Agger was less influential than him, no matter how much I appreciate Agger. Fabio was the key- especially since he's such an incredibly talented and tactically brilliant player. Agger seems to function at his best when he's got a ball playing fullback next to him- as we've again seen with Enrique next to him.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 24, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »
So, who made the decision to sell?  Not saying it was wrong, but who made the decision?  Who is calling the shots in our managerless state?

Carroll next?

Ayre?

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #425 on: May 24, 2012, 11:04:55 pm »
So, who made the decision to sell?  Not saying it was wrong, but who made the decision?  Who is calling the shots in our managerless state?

Carroll next?

Ayre?

He was out of contract, 32 years old yadda yadda. But with 4 competitions next season he'd be great. :(

And Kenny never made any attempt to make use of Fabio, think he played about 3 times in the league all year. Enrique played every game and turned shit...  ::)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:02 pm »

Carroll next?

Ayre?

Kenny said he was leaving when he was still manager. I'm guessing Fabio was already talking to them and things were mostly agreed so fair enough on this I think.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:20 pm »

Carroll next?

Ayre?

Didn't Kenny confirm he was leaving or being allowed to leave?

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2012, 11:06:11 pm »
Good luck to Fabio Aurelio. He is definitely a quality left back and also seems like a really nice guy too.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »

Carroll next?

Ayre?

I think Kenny left a post it note on his forehead - To Be Sold
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: May 24, 2012, 11:07:36 pm »
I think Kenny left a post it note on his forehead - To Be Sold

Sounds about right.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #431 on: May 24, 2012, 11:08:17 pm »
He'll be back again soon.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: May 24, 2012, 11:15:11 pm »
For all the FK nods, my own personal favourite 'live' moment of Fabio's was in the San Siro, when he intercepted that ball down the left wing, just bursting past Maicon as if he wasn't there, and pinged an inch-perfect pass into Torres who turned and put Inter out of their misery.

I was there courtesy of a couple of Inter fans I worked with, and even they just nodded in admiration.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 24, 2012, 11:16:39 pm »
He'll be back again soon.
We said that about Sami  :-[
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #434 on: May 24, 2012, 11:18:48 pm »
Bye bye Fabio. :wave

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 24, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »
For all the FK nods

Shame he don't stay and coach that into our players (all set pieces). It's not like we are great at them.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #436 on: May 24, 2012, 11:24:14 pm »
Great talent done by injuries. Class act as well.  Haven't read the other pages, but have we seen many of the excuse me what is this shit gifs?  ;D

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #437 on: May 24, 2012, 11:27:14 pm »
Thanks Fabio :)

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 24, 2012, 11:35:55 pm »
Shame he don't stay and coach that into our players (all set pieces). It's not like we are great at them.
But we have a player who's "worth 10m for his free kicks alone" ::)

I hope he comes back soon in a coaching capacity - a lot could learn from his game intelligence, movement and technical ability, Enrique included.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 24, 2012, 11:37:56 pm »
A world class footballer let down by his all too frequent injuries. Knew he was class the first time I laid eyes on him in a Red shirt at Cardiff.