Author Topic: FAC:Liv 5vs2 Nor Jones 15’ Gib 22’ Nuñez 28’ Jota 53’ VVD63’ Sainz 69’ Grav 90+5  (Read 8767 times)

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I might need new glasses; did anyone see what the pin on Klopp’s jacket said?

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
Their second goal was good….beating Alisson from distance is never easy.
Thought Virg could have pressured the shooter a bit more IMHO. But still a great finish. When was the last time Ali was beaten from that kind of range?

Offline asif_00013

• Anny Roader
Its gonna be hard when the final day comes regarding Klopp  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I wish this season would never end

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
If we'd have got out of second gear we'd have scored 8 or more today, but we didn't need to. The youngsters were great. Norwich never gave up, but they didn't offer much threat. Both their goals could have been avoided, although the second one was a beauty. We just gave him too much time and space to get the shot off. Good goal, though.

The crowd was pretty flat, although YNWA was emotional. ♥️
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Fun game. On to Wednesday. Up the Reds!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Still can't believe we didn't get that penalty for the handball. How could the VAR watch that and not intervene
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Thought Virg could have pressured the shooter a bit more IMHO. But still a great finish. When was the last time Ali was beaten from that kind of range?
west Ham away? Oof, Brighton this season...

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Still can't believe we didn't get that penalty for the handball. How could the VAR watch that and not intervene

Because we scored pretty much immediately afterwards.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

Letting them shoot is something we do deliberately so that Alisson can see clearly and to ensure no silly deflections, unless it's a player we think could actually score. Just one of those things really.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
That was insane. He must have handled it three times like it was a hot potato.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
what wonderful young players we have, able to step in and do a fantastic job in these games.  worth their weight in gold these lads.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
If we'd have got out of second gear we'd have scored 8 or more today, but we didn't need to. The youngsters were great. Norwich never gave up, but they didn't offer much threat. Both their goals could have been avoided, although the second one was a beauty. We just gave him too much time and space to get the shot off. Good goal, though.

The crowd was pretty flat, although YNWA was emotional. ♥️
At first I felt so flat even during YNWA and every time we sang a klopp song I had this lump in my throat. But by the end of the game, sang or shook it out of me and I  am ready for Wednesday as usual. Although it did feel weird before the game with the first question asked in the pub  where were you when you found out?

Plus Norwich fans were not the loudest but at least polite to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 06:26:25 pm by sheepfest »

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
At first I felt so flat even during YNWA and every time we sang a klopp song I had this lump in my throat. But by the end of the game, sing or shook it out of me and I  am ready for Wednesday as usual. Although it did feel weird before the game with the first question asked in the pub  where were you when you found out?

Plus Norwich fans were not the loudest but at least polite to say the least.
I think for all fans the thought of Jurgen leaving was overshadowing an awful lot of the game today.

in a way, it was good that he announced it before a game vs Norwich (no offense to them) and not Chelsea or Arsenal.

Offline swish

• Main Stander
That was insane. He must have handled it three times like it was a hot potato.

I know, he bloody caught the ball

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan

We scored during the review. I’m pretty sure if the ball had gone out of play the ref would’ve been called to the monitor and we’d have had a penalty.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
what wonderful young players we have, able to step in and do a fantastic job in these games.  worth their weight in gold these lads.

Quansah playing both sides of central defense like it was no bother... That's not easy at all to do... unless you're Jarell The Unfazed
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
What a squad to inherit.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
Whatever happened to that Salah bloke ? Could have done with him today.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan

We still have Stefan Bajcetic to come back too. Quality player who was looking good before his injury.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Man I love this guy.

Did a similar signal around my cock in response because of how he makes me feels.
it’s good to have you back Amir
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Ref let the game flow which makes a difference to how we play. Teams find it a lot tougher against us when they can't just win cheap free kicks all the time to ease the pressure.
Good point actually, don’t recall shouting at the ref once today
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

There was an old man named Michael Finnegan
He had whiskers on his chin-a-gen
Along came the wind and blew them in again
Poor, old Michael Finnegan, begin again

;D

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
Top result and performance, could have been more, so exciting to see the kids come in and play well as they have.

Tremendous to have Robbo, Trent and Szobo back with the two fixtures we got coming up next. But Gomez Id keep at Lb still for the time being, hes been so good.

Looking forward to every game, especially at Anfield, seeing Klopp at the end there was emotional

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
MoTM : Bradley (the lad can defend).  Honourable Mentions : Mcconnell, Jones, Jota, Nunez and Gakpo.

Entertaining game.  Norwich played their part too.  Sublime finish from Sainz.

Great finish from Nunez and his all-round play outside the box, top class.

Jota busy throughout, although wayward shooting in the second-half, exception being his goal.

Seems we're playing with a mobile front three, they're all interchanging, a lot.  Ditto the midfielders.

Delighted to see Gravenberch get a goal.  Hope that does the lad a power of good.

Difficult past few days, but some of the youngsters coming through with the established
players we already have, gives some hope and optimism post Klopp.

Onward to Wednesday.

:)
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
David Wagner in his post match presser:
“He wanted to win, I wanted to win, so we gave ourselves and the teams a go. I lost, like always!”
;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Great performance and win, tons of positives especially for the young lads and we got minutes for the 3 coming back from injury. Could've easily scored 7 or 8, but it'll be good to save a few for the coming week.

The pressing was fantastic, Gravenberch showing that he is just starting to get to grips with whats required off the ball, even if he was a bit weak for their equaliser.

Great to see the whole stadium serenade Jurgen just a glimpse of whats to come.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Hahah.
Just watched the MOTD highlights
Leon Osman telling us how to play against Liverpool.
Really?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
A great day at the office for us.  An entertaining win and a bit of a confidence booster for the youngsters and Grav.  Really good use of the squad.

What a bonus it would be if Robbo and Diaz can rekindle that old partnership on the left.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Hahah.
Really?

another imposter who talks incessantly and says absolutely fuckall.....the template for the modern day footy pundit....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Can't remember if I posted about the actual game :D

Norwich were brilliant. They never gave up and most of the people stood up and applauded their second goal - what a cracker!

Also couldn't hear any of the shitshow songs that a lot of clubs sing when they came to Anfield.

Great game of football - thoroughly enjoyable and what footy is all about.

I wish Norwich the very, very best as they are a great team and made us fight for the win.

Loved yesterday. Brilliant stuff.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I wish more teams had a go like Norwich. We earned that win, but we didn't have to grind it out the way we often do against the anti-football cnut teams who just constantly look to break up the game with soft fouls and set pieces.

Too many teams do that. They're all so scared to lose that they look to steal wins instead of playing for them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I wish more teams had a go like Norwich. We earned that win, but we didn't have to grind it out the way we often do against the anti-football cnut teams who just constantly look to break up the game with soft fouls and set pieces.

Too many teams do that. They're all so scared to lose that they look to steal wins instead of playing for them.

That's the right approach though.  Norwich were really open, played out from the back and that played right into our hands.  They basically threw the game.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
ITV’s shit coverage ends at 16:50
[/quote]
Loved it at the start when the commentator says "Listen to this", then they cut to ads  ::)

Such a terrible channel. I know people hate the Beeb but they are brilliant compared to these lot!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Hahah.
Really?

Lump it up to Barnes was his tactical insight wasn't it?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Southampton winning 3-0, second half 80th minute in their FA Cup replay v Watford.

Looks like they'll be coming to Anfield the 28th of Feb.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.