Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047663 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I always thought in later years he sounded like a chimp getting into a bath that was too hot.

“Oooh, and it’s oooh, a good save from oooh”

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He also almost sounded Dutch in the last few years trying to pronounce names.  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
I always thought in later years he sounded like a chimp getting into a bath that was too hot.

“Oooh, and it’s oooh, a good save from oooh”
"Oh, I say!"

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rob Hawthorne showing why he should be Sky's lead commentator. Imagine Tyler commentating this game - "Oh... and there's another goal... this time... by Willock..."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Rob Hawthorne showing why he should be Sky's lead commentator. Imagine Tyler commentating this game - "Oh... and there's another goal... this time... by Willock..."

I turned it over to the Chelsea v Utd game at half time in ours and straight away, Tyler was talking about Solsjkaer as a player for Utd and goals he scored, for about the 100th time this season. Turned it back for the last few mins and he was talking about when Neville played.
Heard a bit of radio there, Andy Goldstein is a prized bellend too, he just completely refuses to give us credit for anything at all. apparently we scraped through no thanks to the kids, the first teamers had to win it for us. I guess he missed Elliot winning the penalty, Williams ball to Ox for the OG, Kelleher saving the penalty to name a few. It seems the kids were responsible for letting in 5, but had nothing to do with us scoring 5

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

Was going to say, he is much more exciting just in tone.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Lost his shit at Rashford's free kick today though.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Disappointed now that Tyler and Neville weren't on our game tonight.  (Although I bet they were).  ;)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
I personally don't get the love for Rob Hawthorne.  His voice is just boring to me.  Like I've said before, he sounds like a Geography teacher*.  Don't understand why he's singled out by so many as being one of the best, to be honest.

*(No offence to any RAWK Geography teachers  ;))

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I personally don't get the love for Rob Hawthorne.  His voice is just boring to me.  Like I've said before, he sounds like a Geography teacher*.  Don't understand why he's singled out by so many as being one of the best, to be honest.

*(No offence to any RAWK Geography teachers  ;))

I think he gets a certain amount of credit by virtue of not being Tyler.

One of the worst things about modern football is when the presenters/pundits/commentators start thinking they are the stars and that somehow their opinions matter.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Disappointed now that Tyler and Neville weren't on our game tonight.  (Although I bet they were).  ;)

I had our game on the laptop and her lot on the telly for her. They kept flicking to our game to show the goals and Neville said can't we turn over and watch that game instead ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
I think he gets a certain amount of credit by virtue of not being Tyler.

One of the worst things about modern football is when the presenters/pundits/commentators start thinking they are the stars and that somehow their opinions matter.

Bill Leslie is the best Sky commentator imo, hence why they promoted him full time from the Championship.

Has Alan Parry retired now?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Just a shame they let Hinchcliffe tag along with him.
AHA!

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
Micah Richards is painful to listen to.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Just a shame they let Hinchcliffe tag along with him.

“What he needed to do there was...”

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Alardyce being a d*k as usual. After clearing his throat on air about 5 times, talking about Mane (and referring to his as Sane). He says  Mo Salah goes down a lot easier, and that he won an unbelievable amount of penalties last season due to that. Really ?  :butt
At least he has a good grasp on common sayings "Frank has taken to the the Chelsea job like a duck into water...or duck out of water, or whatever it should be"
Good man Sam plenty of research done as usual

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Alardyce being a d*k as usual. After clearing his throat on air about 5 times, talking about Mane (and referring to his as Sane). He says  Mo Salah goes down a lot easier, and that he won an unbelievable amount of penalties last season due to that. Really ?  :butt
At least he has a good grasp on common sayings "Frank has taken to the the Chelsea job like a duck into water...or duck out of water, or whatever it should be"
Good man Sam plenty of research done as usual

I think Salah won three penalties last season didn’t he? His ‘mistake’ was to win them over a short period from Boxing Day to when we played Brighton in early Jan. the Newcastle one was soft and it then gave people ammunition to label him a diver to the extent that when that Arsenal donkey blatantly fouled him in the next game he could make a big fuss about it as if it was contentious and then in the space of a few days there’s a ridiculous storm about what a terrible diver Salah is that will probably last for as long as he plays for us.

Knobheads everywhere.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
I think Salah won three penalties last season didn’t he? His ‘mistake’ was to win them over a short period from Boxing Day to when we played Brighton in early Jan. the Newcastle one was soft and it then gave people ammunition to label him a diver to the extent that when that Arsenal donkey blatantly fouled him in the next game he could make a big fuss about it as if it was contentious and then in the space of a few days there’s a ridiculous storm about what a terrible diver Salah is that will probably last for as long as he plays for us.

Knobheads everywhere.

Yeah it was something like that mate yeah its bonkers. You expect that shit from fans and that but tit's who have a voice to millions really should know better. Then again, theres about a million of them trying to get a gig so they have to be controversial . They'd probably never work again if they told the truth and called out Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Raheem Sterling or Daniel James as divers.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*

Thick bellend.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Need to find a way of watching the game without the insufferable Tyler and Neville this weekend.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan

I don't know what the criteria is for becoming a pundit in the eyes of the BBC, but it's a low threshold for sure.

Last night on Radio 5s 'Monday Night Club' he likened Klopp's comments about Pep and City to a Kevin Keegan meltdown.

The others on the show just seem to humour him, like the thick kid in class.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
What the hell is wrong with Danny Mills tonight ?  Heard him on and off and each time he was being very complimentary about us. Saying how we keep going and its not luck getting late goals. How no one will care about the performance tonight. How Klopp is managing the lads brilliantly. Weird. It's almost as if we've broken him

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Jermaine Jenas is growing on me.  I thought Lampard had finished him when he made him cry after the Chelsea vs. Tottenham FA Cup game but he's bounced back.

What I can't decide is if it's Jenas improving with experience or the bar being lowered by the likes of Micah Richards and Tim Cahill.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2019, 11:31:59 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jermaine Jenas is growing on me.  I thought Lampard had finished him when he made him cry after the Chelsea vs. Tottenham FA Cup game but he's bounced back.

What I can't decide if it it's Jenas improving with experience or the bar being lowered by the likes of Micah Richards and Tim Cahill.

The bar is being lowered (or possibly buried in the cases of Micah Richards and Clinton Morrison), he's still managed to spout a fair amount of rubbish already this season.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
What the hell is wrong with Danny Mills tonight ?  Heard him on and off and each time he was being very complimentary about us. Saying how we keep going and its not luck getting late goals. How no one will care about the performance tonight. How Klopp is managing the lads brilliantly. Weird. It's almost as if we've broken him

It's pretty transparent, the poor lamb is trying his hand at a dab of the good old reverse jinx. Klopp cottoned on before anyone else could.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Thick bellend.
Has he? I guess that's good for him
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Has he? I guess that's good for him

;D

To add context he said Klopp sounded 'rattled' and Keegan-esque after his pretty calm response to Pep. Ridiculous.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The coverage will be awful tomorrow, Sky have a line up of Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Jose Mourinho, Vincent Kompany and Jamie Carragher, with Tyler and Neville commentating 🤢🤮
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Shouldn’t Kompany be more concerned with managing the side he’s not manager of on a match day?
AHA!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Chris Sutton and Paul Ince had a little ding-dong the other night on BT Sport, Sutton said Ince had "never played for a club as big as Celtic or Rangers", I'm surprised they didn't have the gobshite sectioned after it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Chris Sutton and Paul Ince had a little ding-dong the other night on BT Sport, Sutton said Ince had "never played for a club as big as Celtic or Rangers", I'm surprised they didn't have the gobshite sectioned after it.

He's just a piss take Sutton, not someone I have any issue with there are far worst ones out there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
The coverage will be awful tomorrow, Sky have a line up of Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Jose Mourinho, Vincent Kompany and Jamie Carragher, with Tyler and Neville commentating 🤢🤮

Turn the sound down its the only way I get through the build up now.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
Shouldn’t Kompany be more concerned with managing the side he’s not manager of on a match day?

The way his managerial career is going, he'll be back playing for City in January.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
He's just a piss take Sutton, not someone I have any issue with there are far worst ones out there.
He is an idiot though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
He is an idiot though.

I quite like him to be fair, doesn't take himself too seriously. He's quite amusing on the radio.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4875 on: November 10, 2019, 01:02:14 am »

He must have been drunk when he said it, you could argue that he didn't play as well as he should, but Ince played for the biggest two clubs in England and a big club in Italy too.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4876 on: November 10, 2019, 05:26:00 pm »
These two are great today, the pain in that disgusting manc rat's voice is a joy to behold ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4877 on: November 10, 2019, 05:27:48 pm »
These two are great today, the pain in that disgusting manc rat's voice is a joy to behold ;D

Its killing them :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4878 on: November 10, 2019, 05:35:06 pm »
Add the mekon to the list, crying c*nt ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4879 on: November 10, 2019, 05:36:53 pm »
They all sound so close to crying it's hilarious :lmao