Author Topic: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PS4 - March 18th 2016  (Read 20875 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PS4 - March 18th 2016
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2017, 03:11:09 am »
Trying to think of the last game I played where I was really satisfied with the ending, most of the best games always end on a bit of a Meh note because they are so good throughout the ending can kind of never live up to the rest of the game if that makes sense.

I don't play too many games any more but Arkham Knight and Just Cause 3 for different reasons were both very satisfying.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2017, 04:04:06 pm »
I tend to find essentially unresolved endings more satisfying, whether film, videogame or book, which might sound a bit paradoxical, but I'm sure many'd find examples where they'd agree.

Obviously some story threads will have been resolved in some sense, but a lingering ambiguity still ringing out after the black screen sweeps us away is just so powerful when done with some subtlety and class. That's why I see the closing act of The Last of Us as perfect, more fitting than any other ending could possibly be, whereas others can't quite align their needle with its groove.

Did yous feel a bit cheated by it, that it was holding some very important scenes back from you? Are you somehow vaguely unsatisfied with that moment, that terse answer to the preceding game's questions, that you have no choice but to accept? Genius.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2017, 02:59:27 pm »
So the Uncharted film is going to be a prequel with Tom Holland as Nathan Drake.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2017, 05:52:37 pm »
I tend to find essentially unresolved endings more satisfying, whether film, videogame or book, which might sound a bit paradoxical, but I'm sure many'd find examples where they'd agree.

Obviously some story threads will have been resolved in some sense, but a lingering ambiguity still ringing out after the black screen sweeps us away is just so powerful when done with some subtlety and class. That's why I see the closing act of The Last of Us as perfect, more fitting than any other ending could possibly be, whereas others can't quite align their needle with its groove.

Did yous feel a bit cheated by it, that it was holding some very important scenes back from you? Are you somehow vaguely unsatisfied with that moment, that terse answer to the preceding game's questions, that you have no choice but to accept? Genius.
My only gripe with the ending of Uncharted 4 was:

Spoiler
Their daughter was obviously about 14 in the final scene, yet Nate and his wife looked like they had hardly aged a day, despite being close to 50, just a minor gripe, but a gripe nonetheless
[close]

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #204 on: April 3, 2020, 10:46:08 am »
Free on PS+ this month

Really nice pick up if you've not played it before and since the 1st 3 games were on there last month, it will complete the collection

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #205 on: April 3, 2020, 11:01:51 am »
Love this game but it just says “coming soon” on my PS+ screen, anyone know when it’ll be available?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #206 on: April 3, 2020, 11:05:33 am »
Love this game but it just says “coming soon” on my PS+ screen, anyone know when it’ll be available?

Tuesday

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2021, 09:27:36 pm »
New Uncharted movie is coming out next year. Trailer below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZOnOfc83Q0&ab_channel=PlayStation

Although I think Nathan Fillion's version looks ten times better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74&t=2s&ab_channel=AllanUngar

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2021, 11:51:20 am »
New Uncharted movie is coming out next year. Trailer below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZOnOfc83Q0&ab_channel=PlayStation

Although I think Nathan Fillion's version looks ten times better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74&t=2s&ab_channel=AllanUngar

Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg are terrible, terrible choices for Nate and Sully. Movie itself looks fine, and fun to see them adapting the plane sequence from the game.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2021, 12:04:20 pm »
Mark Wahlberg is just terrible in general.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D