Author Topic: The Tennis Thread - Sponsored By Melt-downium  (Read 939425 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: The Tennis Thread - Sponsored By Melt-downium
« Reply #15920 on: January 5, 2022, 10:32:58 pm »
He is the biggest Djokovic cheerleader in the media. He is also a massive c*nt.

Has he had anything to say on this ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #15921 on: January 5, 2022, 10:34:16 pm »
So he’s going home ?
Looks like his lawyers are gearing up to fight his deportation. Pretty sure hearings and appeals on things like this take weeks not hours!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15922 on: January 5, 2022, 10:36:19 pm »
Looks like his lawyers are gearing up to fight his deportation. Pretty sure hearings and appeals on things like this take weeks not hours!

Good.

He shouldn’t have even travelled. Medical exemption was bollocks.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15923 on: January 5, 2022, 10:40:18 pm »
Fuck off John McEnroe.

You ain’t got no history.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15924 on: January 5, 2022, 10:41:49 pm »
Good.

He shouldn’t have even travelled. Medical exemption was bollocks.

It just shows the sheer arrogance of the person and his team. Gets a exemption and they dont even bother to bring the right evidence. Makes Tennis Australia look even more stupid.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15925 on: January 5, 2022, 10:42:12 pm »
Has he had anything to say on this ?

No idea. I am sure he will.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #15926 on: January 5, 2022, 10:43:27 pm »
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. ;D

Fuck 'em and his entire entourage, not to mention the tournament organizers trying to make this happen.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15927 on: January 5, 2022, 10:49:07 pm »
It just shows the sheer arrogance of the person and his team. Gets a exemption and they dont even bother to bring the right evidence. Makes Tennis Australia look even more stupid.

Because he had no evidence.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15928 on: January 5, 2022, 10:54:24 pm »
I bet Murray wishes this had happened a decade or so ago before he was completely broken. Didn't he lose about 4 Aus Open finals to Djokovic?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15929 on: January 5, 2022, 11:00:53 pm »
Scott Morrison is an opportunist twat and acting all tough because of the public outcry. Sang a different tune yesterday

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #15930 on: January 5, 2022, 11:01:25 pm »
His exemption was basically "I'm rich" right?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #15931 on: January 5, 2022, 11:09:19 pm »
Is he appealing?

No he never has been.
:)

Twatttttttttt. (Said in Danny Dyer tone).
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15932 on: January 5, 2022, 11:28:46 pm »
We’ve all had it tough (well the normal people) wherever you are in the World.

Over here in Melbourne we’ve had some pretty tough rules at certain points over the last 2 years.

Including, a curfew (8pm - 5am), can only leave your house for 4 reasons. Could not travel more than 5km from you house (unless work or health reasons permitted) and other strict laws too.

For this Twat to think he can just roll up, earn a couple of million (or however much) bucks in 2 weeks and then move on without being vaccinated (I’m assuming he isn’t or we wouldn’t be have this issue) is just a piss take.

Don’t get me wrong, if for medical reasons you are unable to get vaccinated (immune compromised etc…) then I have no issues with those people coming to Melbourne and sharing in the “freedoms” we currently have.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15933 on: January 5, 2022, 11:36:20 pm »
His treatment has provoked outrage in his native Serbia. His father, Srdjan Djokovic said his son was had been in a room guarded by police.

"This is not just a fight for Novak, but a fight for the whole world," he said in a statement released to the media.

President Aleksander Vucic said the star was a victim of "harassment", and that "the whole of Serbia", supported him.

Ok.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15934 on: January 5, 2022, 11:46:57 pm »
Oh dear, what a shame, never mind!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #15935 on: January 6, 2022, 12:05:48 am »
I could be wrong here, but didn’t he basically break the exemption news himself with his Twitter post?

I reckon he could have quietly entered with his exemption and not much would have been made of it. It would probably have been in his and the tournament organisers’ interest for that to happen. Just say he’s there legally and leave it up to the public to decide if that means he got an exemption or a vaccination. It would all blow over.

Instead his Twitter post came across as him bragging about bending the rules. Flying the flag for the anti-vax cretins. Which is the sort of behaviour they lap up. It’s the global superstar equivalent of your local nut job boasting on Facebook about getting around the mask mandate in Tesco.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15936 on: January 6, 2022, 12:09:28 am »
Scott Morrison is an opportunist twat and acting all tough because of the public outcry. Sang a different tune yesterday

It's the right decision but I agree 100% that Morrison is using this for the upcoming election.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15937 on: January 6, 2022, 12:15:10 am »
His treatment has provoked outrage in his native Serbia. His father, Srdjan Djokovic said his son was had been in a room guarded by police.

"This is not just a fight for Novak, but a fight for the whole world," he said in a statement released to the media.

President Aleksander Vucic said the star was a victim of "harassment", and that "the whole of Serbia", supported him.

Ok.

I bet the Australian Ambassador to Serbia gets called in for a chat.  ;)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15938 on: January 6, 2022, 12:22:12 am »
I could be wrong here, but didn’t he basically break the exemption news himself with his Twitter post?

I reckon he could have quietly entered with his exemption and not much would have been made of it. It would probably have been in his and the tournament organisers’ interest for that to happen. Just say he’s there legally and leave it up to the public to decide if that means he got an exemption or a vaccination. It would all blow over.

Instead his Twitter post came across as him bragging about bending the rules. Flying the flag for the anti-vax cretins. Which is the sort of behaviour they lap up. It’s the global superstar equivalent of your local nut job boasting on Facebook about getting around the mask mandate in Tesco.

Spot on for me. Was literally just having this same discussion.

I doubt half the world would have had a clue what was going on if he didn’t post that. Could have flew in without the uproar, everyone expecting him, PM doing the rounds etc. Maybe whatever ‘exemption’  tennis Australia might have said would work gets him in then it’s much harder to ship him out.

May not have changed a thing but bringing all of that attention on it was just stupid or arrogant or whatever but can’t have helped.

I bet the Australian Ambassador to Serbia gets called in for a chat.  ;)

No doubt  ;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15939 on: January 6, 2022, 12:27:47 am »
Ryanair
@Ryanair
Unlucky @DjokerNole Flight home?

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15940 on: January 6, 2022, 12:27:49 am »

Smacks of the last two years in the UK. Decision made, public outcry, U turn. Original decision being made because of who he is too.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #15941 on: January 6, 2022, 12:29:13 am »
Copy and pasting this explanation from u/pickeldudel on r/tennis.

EXPLAINER ON HOW THIS HAS HAPPENED

Civics 101

Australia is a federation structured much like the US is with state and federal governments that are distinct entities, act independently of each other, and have differing powers and areas of responsibility. They have undertaken differing roles during the pandemic.

Pretty much anything to do with the Open is handled by the government of the state of Victoria, however the Australian federal government is (obviously) in charge of border control and immigration.

The Exemption

Djokovic's exemption was approved by the government of the state of Victoria under a process negotiated between the state and Tennis Australia. The process involved an independent assessment by two separate panels of his evidence that he met the requirements for exemption from Victoria's requirements for vaccination. Exemptions are only granted in six circumstances, one of which is infection with Covid in the last six months.

The exemption that was granted is to the vaccination requirements within the state of Victoria. This applies to entry to venues, including Melbourne Park.

Critically, the approval of the exemption was not:

Clearance to enter the country

An exemption from the requirements of his visa and the entry requirements of the federal government

An indication that the Victorian government supported his participation in the Open.

Border Issues

The Australian federal government requires that all non-citizens entering the country be vaccinated. While the Victorian government through the independent assessment had cleared him for participation, Djokovic still needed to be assessed by the federal government in relation to his entry to the country.

Reports on exactly what happened are scattered, but I've read his entry to the country has been prevented on two points:

That the visa he has tried to enter on does not allow for vaccine exemptions, and/or

That the Border Force is disputing the validity of his stated exemption (which is allegedly evidence of prior infection).

Australia's current travel restrictions do allow for individual exemptions to the vaccine requirements to be granted to a foreign national whose entry would be in the national interest. This must be supported by the federal government or a state or territory government authority. Border Force reached out to the Victorian state government requesting confirmation of whether it would support Djokovic's entry into the country, and the Victorian government has confirmed it will not support his entry into the country. The federal government has also refused to support an individual exemption and his visa has been rejected.

How can the Victorian government turn around and reject him after approving his exemption?

While I have my own doubts about the independence of the assessment process, the process as outlined by Tennis Australia would mean the exemption was granted as an independent medical decision that the Victorian government (politically) had no hand in making. A process was set up, it was stated to be independent, Djokovic applied for an exemption, his evidence was assessed and he was deemed to meet the exemption requirements.

Whether Djokovic qualified for the exemption is an entirely different question to whether the Victorian government supported his participation in the tournament.

Support for his entry under national interest reasons is effectively the state government sticking their neck out and saying "Djokovic has particular value to our state which warrants us stepping in. We want him here." This is a different ask to an independent medical assessment based on set guidelines.

The Victorian government's position/rhetoric in the lead up to the Open has been pretty clear that they were not happy about the prospect of unvaccinated players/staff participating in the Open. I assume the independent assessment process was set up following heavy pressure from business interests (in particular the broadcaster of the Open). Actively supporting an unvaccinated player would be inconsistent with how the pandemic has been handled for the past two years. For reference, Melbourne underwent one of the longest cumulative lockdowns in the world.

Djokovic's... general aura around the vaccine issue, coupled with the controversy surrounding his demands during the 2021 Open, makes supporting him a massive political bomb for both the federal government and the state government. I guess the state government was hoping the independent panel would allow them to sidestep the issue, however the visa issues meant a decision had to be made.

This still seems like a clusterfuck?

It's like he got a doctors note from doctors in Michigan and then tried to enter the US with the doctors note. The US government says to Michigan "I'm not cool with this, are you cool with this?" and Michigan is like "nah fam we hate the guy." and the US government deports him.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15942 on: January 6, 2022, 12:29:26 am »

:D

Posted with the confidence of a company who know he’d never fly with them in the first place!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15943 on: January 6, 2022, 04:03:44 am »

Ok.

I feel like I'm part of the world and nope, you're not fighting for me or for anyone i know, you're fighting only for your dumb son
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #15944 on: January 6, 2022, 04:52:27 am »
Lovely, couldn't have happened to a nicer anti vaxxer. His Dad's statement is amazing, couldn't be more myopic. Many of us have lost people we love due to this pandemic, suffered emotionally, financially, physically through lockdowns and isolation. But yeah a multimillionaire who can't follow the rules to play a game is a "fight for the world."

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15945 on: January 6, 2022, 06:17:20 am »
Lots of finger pointing about who is to blame regarding this with Djokovic. Primarily it all lies at his feet as he would have known for months what was the Australian governments requirements are for people to enter the country.

What I want to know is how did he get on a plane without a valid visa? Isn't it the responsibility of the airlines to make sure you have one before you board a plane at check-in?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15946 on: January 6, 2022, 06:18:34 am »
Lots of finger pointing about who is to blame regarding this with Djokovic. Primarily it all lies at his feet as he would have known for months what was the Australian governments requirements are for people to enter the country.

What I want to know is how did he get on a plane without a valid visa? Isn't it the responsibility of the airlines to make sure you have one before you board a plane at check-in?

Sorry i thought it was his exemption that wasnt present?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15947 on: January 6, 2022, 06:26:30 am »
Sorry i thought it was his exemption that wasnt present?

Wouldn't you have to present an exemption to get issued a visa?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15948 on: January 6, 2022, 06:35:44 am »
Nadal on Djokovic.

"The world has been suffering enough. Get vaccinated."

"If he wanted, he would be playing here in Australia without problems. He makes his own decision. Everyone is free to take their own decisions, but then there are some consequences, no?"
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #15949 on: January 6, 2022, 06:44:27 am »
Dont let the door hit you on the back side, Djoko!  I hear the peanuts are great on the planes :D

#Djocovid
« Last Edit: January 6, 2022, 07:28:09 am by GBF »
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15950 on: January 6, 2022, 07:33:19 am »
Getting his Lawyers involved shows how arrogant he is and why he doesn’t have much respect across the world.

He thought the rules didn’t apply to him.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #15951 on: January 6, 2022, 07:47:54 am »
I’ve always been a fan of Djokovic the tennis player but always thought he was a bit of a c*nt away from it but he can fuck right off now.  Makes no sense whatsoever not to have the vaccines and his attitude towards it is fuckin awful.  I hope every tournament does the same with him now the daft twat. 

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15952 on: January 6, 2022, 08:01:43 am »
Getting his Lawyers involved shows how arrogant he is and why he doesn’t have much respect across the world.

He thought the rules didn’t apply to him.

Thats the thing the organisers will be tearing their hair out for. That they gave him an exemption because of the money, took the flak and he was so arrogant as to boast about getting in and swan in without the right paperwork.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15953 on: January 6, 2022, 08:31:00 am »
I’ve always been a fan of Djokovic the tennis player but always thought he was a bit of a c*nt away from it but he can fuck right off now.  Makes no sense whatsoever not to have the vaccines and his attitude towards it is fuckin awful.  I hope every tournament does the same with him now the daft twat.
I wonder if he going have the same issue at the US open. Idk if France and England will have vaccinate mandate to get in but there is a vaccine Mandate in NYC currently, along with a federal requirement of it to fly in currently. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html
He been pretty anti Vaccine for a while.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15954 on: January 6, 2022, 08:38:29 am »
Wouldve set a bad precedence for all anti vax c*nts out there, so its good to peg him down

Lucky Lovren no longer plays for us

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15955 on: January 6, 2022, 08:47:09 am »
I wonder if he going have the same issue at the US open. Idk if France and England will have vaccinate mandate to get in but there is a vaccine Mandate in NYC currently, along with a federal requirement of it to fly in currently. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html
He been pretty anti Vaccine for a while.
You would hope so but I doubt it. Most tournaments will bend over backwards to get Djokovic in to play. His anti vax views have been well known for over a year and until now has not really affected him playing.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15956 on: January 6, 2022, 09:22:20 am »
Wouldve set a bad precedence for all anti vax c*nts out there, so its good to peg him down

Lucky Lovren no longer plays for us

Rickie Lambert is another, as in Andy Lonergan.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15957 on: January 6, 2022, 09:25:38 am »
Thats the thing the organisers will be tearing their hair out for. That they gave him an exemption because of the money, took the flak and he was so arrogant as to boast about getting in and swan in without the right paperwork.

But even with the right paperwork, he wasn’t exempt ?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15958 on: January 6, 2022, 09:36:56 am »
But even with the right paperwork, he wasn’t exempt ?

Probably not but we will never know if he could have bullshitted his way in.

He may well have been denied anyway but if he turns up out the blue, letters from Tennis Australia and the state, which they would call to verify, some bla bla about special circumstances for him he may have had a decent chance of blagging his way in before anything kicked off.

Instead he decided to tell the world ‘hey fuckers, Australia have bowed down to my demands and greatness, I’ll be flying in unvaccinated tomorrow’ I mean what the fuck did he think was going to happen after that.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15959 on: January 6, 2022, 09:39:08 am »
Probably not but we will never know if he could have bullshitted his way in.

He may well have been denied anyway but if he turns up out the blue, letters from Tennis Australia and the state, which they would call to verify, some bla bla about special circumstances for him he may have had a decent chance of blagging his way in before anything kicked off.

Instead he decided to tell the world ‘hey fuckers, Australia have bowed down to my demands and greatness, I’ll be flying in unvaccinated tomorrow’ I mean what the fuck did he think was going to happen after that.

Case has now been adjourned to Monday.

Assume his Team are all vaccinated if he’s the only one in the Gov Hotel.