Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 554067 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dodgy cable boxes
« Reply #360 on: December 6, 2012, 07:51:12 pm »
moved back into my house this week so can use my motorized dish again, i already have access to a very good server for s*y which costs me £10 a month but i'm looking for for another server for the foreign football channels

anybody got a reliable one they can pm me the details for?

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: December 6, 2012, 08:07:27 pm »
id be interested in a box

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: December 6, 2012, 08:11:21 pm »
If I go back in the thread today I'm sure of a good surprise  ;D

Some basics (which is all that is really being PM'd)

Guide. Long for some, maybe short for others  ;D

First things first - without Fish77/Trada/Teapot the below wouldn't be possible as they are the pioneers here on this. I just took interest and did the below. It's not the only way to skin this cat but it's a way that worked for me and should for any first timer coming into this. I can't support anyone but will help where poss on setup questions but to be fair forums outside of here are much better

Pre-reqs/assumptions

sky sat dish. If you've got motorised you are flash and in a better state than me!
A PC
Internet connection
Network cable
Patience

software downloads that will be handy

WinZip/WinRAR. You'll need to extract the following

ET9000 control centre - http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f80-clarke-tech-xtrend-specific-tools/clarke-tech-et-9000-control-centre-1540/

Dreamsat - http://www.dreambox4u.com/download/tools/editors/dreamset/

Catseye channel list - http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f29-enigma-2-settings/catseye-enigma-2-settings-file-75-east-58-west-25/

CCcam - http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f81-clarke-tech-xtrend-specific-plugins/cam-pack-egami-image-1378/     Note CCam 2.2.1 will be the one we use

Getting started

1 - Buy Box

Many available. I used ET9000. I bought from here simply because they would load image for you.

www.sat-shop.co.uk

image selected - Egami. Why Egami? - supposed to look pretty good. It does!

2 - await arrival

3 - Add a hard drive. WTF? a what drive? why?

Ok - you don't have to if you don't know how. when you buy the box ask for one to be added. If you don't then get a SATA hard drive of at least 1gb. open up the box and install (the sat shop guys send the cables with it). Those who understood this step will know what to do with the cables :-) If you want to record tv you need a hard drive

4 - connect the sat cables, power, network cable from box to back of your internet router/modem and hdmi and then switch the bad boy on

Initial Setup

Pretty self explanatory in regards to language. Now for the satellites bit do BOTH tuner A and tuner B if you put 2 cables into the back. Else just to tuner A

what to select? You need Astra/Eurobird 28.2E. This is what all sky dishes point to. Click through the rest of it and let it do its thing. Both tuner A and tuner B if you've got 2 cables coming in. This bit does take time so have a cuppa while waiting.

once complete you'll see a shit load of channels. Eventually you'll see some you recognise and if they are free to air you'll have a picture!

Advancing from the free to air to the card sharing stuff

1 - This overview is good http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

2 - From the overview you'll see you need Filezilla. The Control Centre (see download list) has a button called Connect. There is no password so type in the IP address of the set top box and press it :-)

3 - Once you know connected, press FTP and it will launch Filezilla

4 - go to where you unzipped the cccam stuff. from here copy across cccam_2_2_1_egami_E2.tar.gz to the tmp folder on the set top box. Look at pics for how this should be

5 - Once done then press Green button on your remote and go to addons (off the top of my head its green button then red) then select Manually add (you should see the CCcam file there then follow options to install)

6 - Breathe. Most of the hard stuff is done

7 - CCCam.cfg file. Very small yet very powerful. Now you need a card sharing server to connect to. I went here http://euro-kings.com/vb/forum.php and here http://euro-kings.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?38-Verified-Premium-CCcam. At this point you're on yer own as to who/what you go for. As per earlier advice from others request a test line (free). Once you have this save it as cccam.cfg and save it to the /etc folder on your set top box (see pic)

8 - Back to the box. On your remote press the blue button and then select cccam from the top. select save and you'll see some funky animation and the screen will reappear and you'll be all set. Go through the now very very long channel list and pick some of the pay channels such as the Sky Sports HD ones. If you have a picture you're set

Channels - how to resolve this big mutha of a list

Follow this - http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=132625

It's a little tricky but just note that you'll be enigma 2 ver 4. The lamedb stuff it references will be wherever you unzipped that catseye thingy to. To be fair channels needs its own super tutorial but search around and you'll find your level. I'll try and create something of a simple write up for this too

Misc

What does inside of cccam.cfg look like? This bugged me no end but its simple enough

Example 1

N: ukxyzman.something.org 19530 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
N: ukxyzman.something.org 19531 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Example 2

C: blahblahcccam2.mine.bb 14000 15July1099 99a1BR128
C: blah.dyndns.org 55000 15July1099 99a1BR128
C: something.dyndns.org 15000 15July1099 99a1BR128
C: anything.what.nu 12000 15July1099 99a1BR128
C: whoknows.dyndns.org 16000 15July1099 99a1BR128
C: random.dyndns.org 13000 15July1099 99a1BR128

Example 3

C: blah.no-ip.biz 19000 blah9 B7n769
C: something.no-ip.biz 29000 something9 B7n769
C: multiple.no-ip.biz 36000 multiple9 B7n769
C: single.no-ip.biz 28000 single9 B7n769
C: help.no-ip.biz 18000 help9 B7n769
C: whois.no-ip.biz 26000 whois9 B7n769
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #363 on: December 6, 2012, 08:28:36 pm »
ok...would someone be able to adapt this, to someone with a Mac and potentially buying a Vu+ Duo?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 6, 2012, 08:30:27 pm »
ok...would someone be able to adapt this, to someone with a Mac and potentially buying a Vu+ Duo?

Set up is near enough the same. I now have a Vu+ Ultimo running Vix image

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #365 on: December 6, 2012, 08:42:43 pm »
Set up is near enough the same. I now have a Vu+ Ultimo running Vix image

...and never a problem?  Do you have a static dish?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 6, 2012, 08:43:34 pm »
yup

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #367 on: December 7, 2012, 08:53:22 am »
With the static dish are you able to watch Saturday 3pm kick offs?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 7, 2012, 08:58:26 am »
With the static dish are you able to watch Saturday 3pm kick offs?

If they come on Setanta Ireland yes. It won't be all 3pm ones and you getting a choice. Just whatever they are showing

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #369 on: December 7, 2012, 09:00:52 am »
If they come on Setanta Ireland yes. It won't be all 3pm ones and you getting a choice. Just whatever they are showing

Cheers. Great guide by the way, might take the plunge.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 7, 2012, 10:13:26 am »
What's the quality like on channels such as Setanta Ireland mate?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: December 7, 2012, 10:39:07 am »
What's the quality like on channels such as Setanta Ireland mate?

Just like regular sky channels

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: December 8, 2012, 03:03:03 pm »
Am watching Sun-Chelsea on Setanta now :)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #373 on: December 8, 2012, 03:25:39 pm »
Am watching Sun-Chelsea on Setanta now :)

Same here.

Shame that Setanta hasn't got HD channels.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #374 on: December 8, 2012, 05:14:27 pm »
I'm on myself now.

How risky it? And how long have you lot been on?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 8, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »
I'm on myself now.

How risky it? And how long have you lot been on?

18 months give or take. That's a long time. Others on here from the beginnings of this thread a lot longer!

Trada - you must be approaching 2 years if not more?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #376 on: December 8, 2012, 05:20:51 pm »
18 months give or take. That's a long time. Others on here from the beginnings of this thread a lot longer!

Trada - you must be approaching 2 years if not more?

No, not that long checking what I said earlier in the thread it was June last year.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 8, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »
No, not that long checking what I said earlier in the thread it was June last year.

Wow. I piggy backed off you  :P

Sage like advice from you and Fish77 followed

Offline arsestar

• Main Stander
« Reply #378 on: December 8, 2012, 06:27:33 pm »
i've been on this for about 3 years now...

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #379 on: December 8, 2012, 06:36:20 pm »
can someone clarify something for me, so the now i have sky so have the dish etc i have the internet but me speed is shocking sometimes below 1mb does that affect my picture ? or is the internet only a one off thing ?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 8, 2012, 06:58:51 pm »
can someone clarify something for me, so the now i have sky so have the dish etc i have the internet but me speed is shocking sometimes below 1mb does that affect my picture ? or is the internet only a one off thing ?

Only uses internet for the decryption so not a factor really

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 8, 2012, 07:15:13 pm »
Only uses internet for the decryption so not a factor really

cheers

How many people are genuinely interested in doing this? Thinking of seeing if I can arrange a group purchase for a few of us to get the price down.

I'd be interested in it mate  :wave
« Last Edit: December 8, 2012, 07:17:57 pm by Azi »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: December 8, 2012, 07:18:18 pm »
ps - to install mgcamd a really good tutorial here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-amp-other-softcam-s-on-ALL-ViX-supported-Enigma-2-Receivers

The steps are the same, just the package is different.

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #383 on: December 8, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »
How many people are genuinely interested in doing this? Thinking of seeing if I can arrange a group purchase for a few of us to get the price down.

I'm definitely looking to do this in the very near future. This thread has become a real eye opener.
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Pheeny

« Reply #384 on: December 8, 2012, 11:37:53 pm »
Best thing I've done.

Can't remember the last time my missus watched Belgian TV now...

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #385 on: December 9, 2012, 02:34:50 am »
Wow. I piggy backed off you  :P

Sage like advice from you and Fish77 followed

God no Fish77 is the Sage.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: December 9, 2012, 11:16:29 am »
I'd be interested for me ma's house definitely. Will be going motorised when we buy our own place

Pheeny

« Reply #387 on: December 9, 2012, 08:53:16 pm »
I'd be interested for me ma's house definitely. Will be going motorised when we buy our own place

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2012, 01:18:36 pm »
Keep meaning to look into this but the OH keeps saying (when she sees the screenshots) how horrible and unfriendly the EPG stuff is compared to Sky's.

Not really interested in the motorised dish stuff (I use net streaming for the footie normally anyway), just the ability to watch all the Sky stuff (inc HD) cheaper.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2012, 01:28:27 pm »
Treat myself to a Skybox F3 last night, should be here by Tomorrow.

Anyone recommend a good place to look for card sharing deals (PM me is probably best)? I'm more interested in foreign packages where I'll get all/many of the 3pm kick-off's and in HD than a Sky UK package, so any advice on what's a good one to go for these days appreciated too. Preferably with English commentary.

I've got quite a big dish so can reach most of the main ones within reach like Astra 28.2°E, Astra 19.2°E, Hotbird 13°E, Hispasat 30.0°W and Thor 0.8°W. Any good packages on any of them for footy?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2012, 09:37:45 am »

I think so far I've got...

Graeme
Ryde-On
tinner777
Azi
Stanno06
Claire
ScouserAlec

Will keep adding to the list and then phone around and see what sort of discount we can get.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:43:15 am by Graeme »

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2012, 10:40:35 am »
I think so far I've got...

Graeme
Ryde-On
tinner777
Azi
Stanno06
Claire

Will keep adding to the list and then phone around and see what sort of discount we can get.

Add me to that, im very interested.

★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #392 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:16 pm »

Nice one. Cheers.
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »
So before I work on a specific Vu+ guide is there anything anyone specifically wants?

Motorised dish = no cos I simply don't have one.

I'm going with what is easiest to set up, buy and then what you need to do next to get going. Will include a nice update too for the technically excited folks which involves dyndns and the ability to remote record!

Old guide on page 3 or 4 of this thread

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #394 on: December 11, 2012, 11:26:44 pm »
So before I work on a specific Vu+ guide is there anything anyone specifically wants?

Motorised dish = no cos I simply don't have one.

I'm going with what is easiest to set up, buy and then what you need to do next to get going. Will include a nice update too for the technically excited folks which involves dyndns and the ability to remote record!

Old guide on page 3 or 4 of this thread

Your a credit to the forums buddy, nice one!

ps do you know of a sleep timer or something that can be downloaded to the box? i like to drift off with the tv on  ;D

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33:49 pm »
Menu>Standby/Restart>Sleep Timer on Vix mate

Offline arsestar

• Main Stander
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2012, 11:53:00 pm »
Put crossepg in the guide mate and maybe how to use picon's and loading channel lists

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »
Put crossepg in the guide mate and maybe how to use picon's and loading channel lists

Cool - good point re channel lists. Had one in the other guide which I'll link to.

CrossEPG too. Will screenshot how to set it up as well as all this other nonsense on EPG stuff :)

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2012, 12:10:55 am »
cheers for the sleep timer help, i use black hole but i found it anyways  ;)

ive heard a few mixed reports regarding pic icons, ie you have to install them to a hard drive rather than the onboard memory otherwise its prone to crashing, ive got hard drives in mine and would love a wee guide on how to set them up, add a bit of color to the tv guide! any handy website out there on how to do it?  :)

cheers

Offline arsestar

• Main Stander
« Reply #399 on: December 12, 2012, 11:52:26 am »
personally i have mine on a usb on the back of my box

Use any FTP client, DCC for example, to transfer the picon directory to
one of the following paths on Flash, HDD, CF or USB respectively:

/usr/share/enigma2
NOT recommended, because of limited capacity of the flash memory

/media/hdd
HDD will keep running indefinitely and may affect image performance

/media/cf
Recommended if CF available and successfully mounted (8000/800)

/media/usb
Recommended if USB available and successfully mounted (8000/800)

Picon will display immediately on zapping, no further setup required!

Always remove old picons from Dreambox before uploading new ones,
Sometimes they don't overwrite correctly