Author Topic: Is the next Liverpool match on TV/radio/stream anywhere? 2013/2014  (Read 494878 times)

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Is the next Liverpool match on TV/radio/stream anywhere? 2013/2014
« Reply #640 on: January 1, 2014, 03:51:01 pm »
sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/143532

Above sop was dodgy at first but been perfect for last 25 mins of 1st half. Russian comms.
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #642 on: January 3, 2014, 03:25:51 pm »
wizwig are stating that there is at least one station due to broadcast the match, so hopefully all is not lost

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=238741&part=sports
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #643 on: January 3, 2014, 10:37:03 pm »
One site I saw suggested that it was on LFC TV online but there is nothing on the main site to suggest that.
http://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/2014-01-05/

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #644 on: January 4, 2014, 01:28:37 pm »
Just watching the City game now.  Does anybody know how to remove the white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when watching a Flash video in Full Screen?  Would be just as happy if I could change the white bar to black if possible?

Offline tacklemyballs

• Lives on a diet of faeces.
  • Kopite
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #645 on: January 4, 2014, 01:31:40 pm »
Just watching the City game now.  Does anybody know how to remove the white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when watching a Flash video in Full Screen?  Would be just as happy if I could change the white bar to black if possible?

Duck tape should do it.
"Sometimes you have to play in a position that you may not feel is your best."

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline etyek78

• Kemlynite
« Reply #647 on: January 4, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »
Trouble is, the FA Cup TV contract is a much cheaper and less comprehensive deal than the Premier League, so if our game isn't properly covered by British TV then no international broadcaster can show it.

Whichever British TV company holds the Premier League highlights rights (currently BBC and Sky) is contractually obliged to film every single game - even the 3pm Saturday games not shown live on British TV - to the standards expected of a modern live TV broadcast (i.e. at least 10 cameras, a full on-location Outside Broadcast production team to insert replays, captions etc as they happen, and an on-location commentary team). Because all of this is done live at the stadium, the Premier League can sell every game to international TV companies.

Meanwhile, the FA Cup contract only requires the British TV highlights rights holder (currently ITV) to film 3 or 4 additional games per round for international audiences (on top of the 5 already shown live on British TV) to the same standards described above (remember, there are 32 games played in the 3rd round so it would be far too expensive to send a full TV crew to all of them. By the 5th Round of the cup there are only 8 games to be played, so every game can be covered by a full TV crew).

Every FA Cup game not picked for comprehensive coverage by the British TV companies will only have barebones coverage for highlights purposes: a few cameras at the ground, no on-site commentator, and no Outside Broadcast team to add live replays etc. Obviously LFC TV can add a commentator and edit in replays etc after the match for their delayed broadcast of the game at midnight UK time, but I doubt they have the rights to put a live package together to show overseas. Even though everyone on this forum would argue that any Liverpool game should be important enough to be selected for extensive TV coverage, the British TV companies are primarily looking for potential shocks, and a Premier League team at home to a lower division side "should" be a easy-but-boring-for-neutral-viewers home win (famous last words, I know!).

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #648 on: January 5, 2014, 07:08:52 am »
I'll check tomorrow for updates, but i really need a stream... Thanks to those who provide the links!

The Internet says the game is only on Liverpool TV:
http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/1022260/liverpool-vs-oldham-athletic/

Can the Internet be wrong?
« Last Edit: January 5, 2014, 07:11:12 am by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #649 on: January 5, 2014, 08:02:43 am »
Like I said mate, they got hold of the rights last minute. Litterally about an hour before the game. Think they got wind that the game wasn't showing anywhere and they streamed it on their website.

Its a long shot but it definately happened a few years ago. Basically every liverpool fan in the world wants to watch this game. Its not being shown anywhere else so it would make sense for someone to pay the fa last minute and get some buys.

We will see as the day pans out. Fingers crossed eh,

Like someone said before I think it's less about other stations not being interested but rather more about the FA not wanting to sell the rights. For example:

SuperSport ‏@SuperSportTV 3 Jan
@LiverpoolRSA Hi. Unfortunately this match has not been made available to us by the suppliers, despite our efforts to secure it.

SuperSport ‏@SuperSportTV 3 Jan
@LiverpoolRSA It was the decision of the FA, not ours. We have requested the match and if anything changes we will advise accordingly.

As ridiculous as that sounds you have to remember it is the FA we are talking about here! I'm holding little hope at the moment.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline etyek78

• Kemlynite
« Reply #650 on: January 5, 2014, 08:56:02 am »
Thanks for taking the time to explain that mate, never knew it worked like that.

No problem. Unfortunately it's one of the unavoidable problems of a knockout competition - in the early stages there are bound to be more games played than any single TV company can possibly hope to fully cover.

One other point I didn't mention on my previous post is that even though the British TV rights holders are responsible for choosing which games get a full outside broadcast team in order to be shown live internationally/shown as extended highlights in the UK, the British company don't get any money from international sales so won't be influenced to pick a game that the majority of overseas viewers would prefer. In other words, even though Fox have bought the rights to the competition in the USA, they bought those rights directly from the FA, not ITV, and thus can't ask ITV to show our game instead of Rochdale v Leeds (which in the end turned out to be a surprise result, so ITV will be happy that they had a full crew there so they could show extended highlights instead of just a 90-second edit from one or two cameras, which is what they had to do for Aston Villa-Sheffield Utd).

As for the example some people are quoting of our 2012 game vs Oldham being shown "at the last minute"; I believe (not 100% certain) that there was already a full TV crew in town that weekend preparing to cover the Everton v Tamworth game the next day, so I guess somebody decided it was possible to get the crew to Anfield and plug in all the necessary equipment at short notice before unplugging it all overnight and setting up at Goodison 12 hours later. Since the Everton-QPR game yesterday *didn't* have a full TV crew, the chances of a full outside broadcast team being available in the Merseyside area at short notice to cover today's game is pretty unlikely, I'm afraid.

Offline Corbykop

• Main Stander
« Reply #651 on: January 5, 2014, 09:04:24 am »
FYI the games being shown overseas today are:

Forest v West Ham
Derby v Chelsea
Manure v Swansea

Offline etyek78

• Kemlynite
« Reply #652 on: January 5, 2014, 09:37:36 am »
wait...isn't there a full crew there because the game is on LFCTV tomorrow at 12?

Oh sure, there will be some kind of crew there, just not a "full" crew (unlike the 1980s, when if your game wasn't one of the featured highlight matches justifying an expensive satellite truck then it was probably covered by a single cameraman who took his film out of the camera at the final whistle and handed it to a motorcycle courier to be delivered to the TV studio in the city centre!).

I don't work in TV, so I'd be speculating about the difference in staff numbers between a live game versus highlights, but as an example, there are usually at least 15 manned cameras for a Premier League game (plus one or two remote controlled cameras). However, I'd be surprised if there were more than 6 cameras on duty today (which in turn means there won't be as many different angles available for the director to choose from, so you won't need as many people watching all the camera feeds in an edit booth and cueing up the most interesting replay). Also, if nobody's broadcasting the game live, you can add various minor details (e.g. on-screen captions that appear perfectly in time with commentary) after the match finishes rather than needing extra people on hand to do it in real time.

Offline Lfc Rules

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: January 5, 2014, 10:15:18 am »
Just comms on the lfctv channel it looks like...

They have the build up till three and then commentary but that's it.

Wonder if they will have delayed highlights...

"  Video interviews and analysis will be uploaded after the final whistle, while due to FA Cup rights you'll have access to goals and highlights from 12 noon on Monday. "

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/152417-how-to-follow-lfc-v-oldham
"PLAY FUCKING FOOTBALL!" ~ Jürgen Klopp

Offline FoxForceFive

• Kemlynite
« Reply #654 on: January 5, 2014, 10:38:06 am »
FoxForce5 Could you let us know if you do hear of any feeds? We might be able to get it to someone who could stream it...

This site will show the live feed transponder details today.

They'll be listed as 'inside a UK football ground' most likely, so they'll need to be checked. As there's only 6 matches on today & only two at 3pm it should be easily enough to do, plus Anfield is pretty recognisable...

http://www.satelliweb.com/?section=livef&langue=en

Of course you need a motorised dish & a decent Linux based satellite box to find the feed, then most boxes need to have the feed streamed to a pc on their network as it's in 4:2:2 format which they can't display, but vlc will play it no problem.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2014, 10:40:16 am by FoxForceFive »

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #655 on: January 5, 2014, 11:05:04 am »
At least it appears to be on the radio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03nhg3k

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: January 5, 2014, 11:20:01 am »
Any decent radio streams I can get abroad, then? Used to listen to our games on bbc radio merseyside as match commentary on radio city/5live are only available inside the uk. Fucking rights restrictions. The people's game my arse.
You can download safeip and just listen on radio city/5live. Works around all the country restrictions bullshit.

Wait, so you're telling me that this game, a Liverpool FA Cup 3rd round match on Anfield, isn't shown anywhere, and that the FA has made sure it didn't on purpose, fully intentionally, despite the interest of TV broadcasters? How on earth does that make any sense? Why wouldn't the FA have their own cup televised?
The tv channel here in Iceland the has the rights to FA cup and Premier league tweeted the had made several attempts to get the game but just got a flat no.
And its a channel that shows every single premier league game live, just mind boggling the FA is picking what games can watch for them. 

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: January 5, 2014, 11:28:27 am »
Never used this stream but it seems the only one available http://www.ronaldo7.net/live/live.html

Click on the 'live' link at the bottom of the right hand menu and scroll down.  Its listed with "sports live streaming" along with the Derby v Chelsea game.

Hope it works people  :)

Offline boxinggurunutjob

• Main Stander
  • Boxing Nutter
« Reply #658 on: January 5, 2014, 11:41:31 am »
Will have AUDIO Only coverage of the game, fur anyone who can't be arsed getting a VPN

http://nutjob.eu/gurutv1.html  ;)

Offline CarraAgger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #660 on: January 5, 2014, 12:28:24 pm »
Has anyone ever used their Bet365 account to watch a stream? Apparently it's on their site streaming today.

http://www.freefootball.ws/events/liverpool-vs-oldham.html
Super Sexy Football

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #661 on: January 5, 2014, 12:35:09 pm »
Has anyone ever used their Bet365 account to watch a stream? Apparently it's on their site streaming today.

http://www.freefootball.ws/events/liverpool-vs-oldham.html
Their streams have been decent when I've watched them before, but no mention of out match on their schedule...

http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.aspx?ContentPath=LiveStreaming,Streaming
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #662 on: January 5, 2014, 12:48:55 pm »
Will have AUDIO Only coverage of the game, fur anyone who can't be arsed getting a VPN

http://nutjob.eu/gurutv1.html  ;)
Cheers mate, wasn't sure where we'd be able to listen to it.

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
« Reply #663 on: January 5, 2014, 01:01:08 pm »
http://premier-league-live.net/live/liverpool-live-stream/channel-1/

I have no idea if it'll work but I'll be trying it later. It's the only one I've come across so far.

It's also asking to download a player so I'd be careful.....

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!! I've just checked it out and it's adware. Time for a PC clean.....
« Last Edit: January 5, 2014, 01:12:00 pm by BURNA »

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: January 5, 2014, 01:21:35 pm »
To put all arguments to bed:

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=238828&part=sports
GAME IS NOT ON TV. THE FA HAS JUST SOLD THE RIGHTS FOR 8 GAMES, WHICH WERE 5 YESTERDAY AND THE 3 TODAY.

There's commentary for this game, which means Radio coverage so AUDIO ONLY!!!

Don't expect any live video streams, it's just radio coverage with audio commentary!!!

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #665 on: January 5, 2014, 01:22:40 pm »
Looks like it is on 5 live Sports Extra (in UK at least)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070hx6/features/commentary

Coverage starts at 14:45.
Hopefully it won't be interrupted with loads of cutaways to other games which annoys the tits off of me.

edit: FA wankers
« Last Edit: January 5, 2014, 01:24:23 pm by Red Raw »

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #666 on: January 5, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »
As I mentioned yesterday, I think this is more to do with control over the rights than one individual game.

The EPL (and FA probably likewise) have been playing hardball recently over rights. Al Jaz/BEIn + others were warned recently about allowing the streaming of matches in the UK.

Hence the recent City of London Police arrests + press release over theft/misuse of copyright aimed particularly at the licensed trade. This is not from Sky but on behalf of the EPL.

I reckon this the FA/EPL just showing who is boss + showing they can withdraw their product at any time.

(If it was about fees, there is no way that Rochdale v Leeds plus other 3pms would have been made available as they had far less pulling power/value.)

Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #667 on: January 5, 2014, 02:16:54 pm »
Can anyone confirm that the game will be actually broadcasted on this site? It says Channel 12 will be showing but it needs a subscription.. I'm considering getting one but id like to be sure

I can't guarantee it - but liveonlinefooty (which is what this site used to be) had the Liverpool Cardiff League Cup game a few years back when it wasn't televised anywhere. Just crowd noise, no commentary. So I wouldn't discount the possibility that they have it. Personally, I've taken out a day pass because frankly they've given me excellent service over the years so if I give them £2 and don't get a stream at the end I'll consider it a donation.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #668 on: January 5, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »
Are you sure? This channel can be received in the UK by any one with a good satellite system. I can't see it in their guide.

It's showing in the radio section of my TV guide. Channel 706 on my Freeview box. Starts at 14.45
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: January 5, 2014, 02:20:53 pm »
You'll need to VPN for the Bet365 one, anyone know a good VPN app to use that's free?

SPOTFLUX is good, no setting it up, decent speeds and puts you in America. Just start it after installing and give it a minute or two to get connected.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #671 on: January 5, 2014, 02:23:57 pm »
Do you know if it is on Bet365 then?
Listed here, but won't be on the UK site - http://www.ronaldo7.net/live/sports/watch-sports-live-stream.html
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: January 5, 2014, 02:29:22 pm »
It's showing in the radio section of my TV guide. Channel 706 on my Freeview box. Starts at 14.45
BBC five live extra? Great yes it is on there thank fuck.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: January 5, 2014, 02:32:49 pm »
For reds abroad who want to access BBC Radio Five Live Extra. Download this for Chrome and set it to UK, then go to BBC iPlayer etc:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/ZenMate
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline sohrabA

• Kemlynite

Offline tylerjnorton

• Kopite
« Reply #675 on: January 5, 2014, 02:46:53 pm »
Something is playing here. No real sign that its the game yet, but I tend to not think they put it up without having someone ready to actually stream it.

http://neolive.eu/188083/1/Watch-Liverpool-vs-Oldham/

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: January 5, 2014, 02:47:12 pm »
Got 5live sports extra on the go on my DAB radio. .. pre match show started now

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #677 on: January 5, 2014, 02:49:16 pm »
Link for radio commentary (UK only I think)...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #678 on: January 5, 2014, 02:50:21 pm »
This one says it's for the game but currently showing asshes highlights - could be a changer at 3pm

http://neolive.eu/188083/1/Watch-Liverpool-vs-Oldham/

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: January 5, 2014, 02:50:29 pm »
anyone got a link to the news source site I've lost mine...

http://hd-streaming.tv/watch/livehds
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770