Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1049231 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #12080 on: February 4, 2014, 01:15:01 pm »
Been playing this kids puzzle game in my dinner hour and can't for the life of me work out how the answer to this one puzzle worked out at 1375

I had to google the answer but still cant work it out.  Its to do with the symbols on the wall but I really can't suss it.

anyone? :wave

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #12081 on: February 4, 2014, 01:16:58 pm »
Looks like the images have been sliced in half.

Edit, yep they have.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12082 on: February 4, 2014, 01:19:30 pm »
Ok, there is a nature program on Sky about some bloke with tigers and lions or something. Not my bag but the advert music i remember from school but fucked if i can name it. I thought it may be ' Take 2 '. Anyone got any clues, i know its a bit vague. I think its a new programme , or may not have started even as its just an advert.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12083 on: February 4, 2014, 02:06:07 pm »
Looks like the images have been sliced in half.

Edit, yep they have.

oh yeah.  jeez that was hard. cheers.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12084 on: February 4, 2014, 04:19:55 pm »
Ok, there is a nature program on Sky about some bloke with tigers and lions or something. Not my bag but the advert music i remember from school but fucked if i can name it. I thought it may be ' Take 2 '. Anyone got any clues, i know its a bit vague. I think its a new programme , or may not have started even as its just an advert.

What's the name of the programme you vague twat?

And what channel?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12085 on: February 4, 2014, 04:28:44 pm »
I dunno mate as its an advert i tend to not pay attention. When i heard the music i just listened to that and fucked the advert itself off. Its a piano playing a fairly upbeat tune and there is clapping alongside it. Im trying to find it online.

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12086 on: February 4, 2014, 05:19:26 pm »
Can anyone recommend a decent pair of mens snow boots for around £50 or less?
@johnbuckels

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12087 on: February 7, 2014, 09:09:37 pm »
Probably wont be able to watch the match tomorrow because of a football game of my own. Anyway, is there a site or something that lets me watch the full 90 mins after the match is over? Obviously there's MOTD but I just want to watch a full replay after I get back
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12088 on: February 7, 2014, 09:15:01 pm »
Probably wont be able to watch the match tomorrow because of a football game of my own. Anyway, is there a site or something that lets me watch the full 90 mins after the match is over? Obviously there's MOTD but I just want to watch a full replay after I get back

id ask in the ''is the next match on tv'' thread,
theres sometimes links to sites where you can download the whole game once finished.
rojo directa i think is one but im not too sure
bollocks

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #12089 on: February 10, 2014, 02:00:19 pm »
Anyone here wake up in the middle of the night with a poked eye? Absolutely painful and feels like someone has shoved a chopstick in your eye? I get it every few months and the affected eye just waters like mad and I try to go back to sleep, but the pain lingers for about 6 hours. Currently my eye is out of focus like I've been rubbing my eye but it's gradually fading. I've had this happen to me for as long as I can remember and my family all say they get it. Is this normal, and what the hell causes it?
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #12090 on: February 10, 2014, 03:09:40 pm »
Anyone here wake up in the middle of the night with a poked eye? Absolutely painful and feels like someone has shoved a chopstick in your eye? I get it every few months and the affected eye just waters like mad and I try to go back to sleep, but the pain lingers for about 6 hours. Currently my eye is out of focus like I've been rubbing my eye but it's gradually fading. I've had this happen to me for as long as I can remember and my family all say they get it. Is this normal, and what the hell causes it?
I think you might be doing something similar to this guy in your sleep without realising, apparently it can be quite painful!

You can get around it by wearing mittens to bed ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:11:52 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #12091 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:12 pm »
My arms are always under the covers though and eyelids closed due to erm... sleeping  :-\
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12092 on: February 10, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »
Dandruff, how do you get rid of it? :-\
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12093 on: February 10, 2014, 03:47:56 pm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12094 on: February 10, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »
Dandruff, how do you get rid of it? :-\

wASH YOUR HAIR

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12095 on: February 10, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »
wASH YOUR HAIR

Been on Selsun Blue for years now. Wash my hair three times a day, shampoo it once. No itchiness now but still plenty of flakes all about.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:18:19 pm by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12096 on: February 10, 2014, 03:56:36 pm »
Been on Selsun Blue for years now. Wash my hair three times a day, shampoo it once. No itchyness now but still plenty of flakes all about.

You wash your hair 3 times a day? Probably the cause of it.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12097 on: February 10, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »
Been on Selsun Blue for years now. Wash my hair three times a day, shampoo it once. No itchyness now but still plenty of flakes all about.
Are you sure it's actually dandruff? It maybe Psoriasis if it's not responding to a dandruff treatment....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis

...I know it's probably not the easiest thing to do but get yourself to the doctor and as Chakan said, washing your hair 3 times a day can't be good for your hair or scalp, as dandruff can be caused by not rinsing your scalp/hair properly after each wash. A doctor will tell you definitively what it is and get you on the right treatment :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12098 on: February 10, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »
My arms are always under the covers though and eyelids closed due to erm... sleeping  :-\
Maybe this fella is sneaking into your room at night to try summit new?

Poking aside mate....;D...I haven't got a clue. The fact that it happens to a lot of your family (unless you all have identical bedrrom wallout/furniture) suggests it's not enviromental but herditary....there appear to be a lot of eye conditions linked to genetics but I don't want to start freaking you out as I don;t know the first thing about it!

It would seem that today's advice is....if you're worried about a rash, dandruff or a minor health complaint that's been plaguing you for a while just bite the bullet and go see the Doctor...not that Manhatten fella though as I've heard awful things about his bedside manner! ;D

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12099 on: February 11, 2014, 12:18:27 pm »
Anyone here familiar with Jakarta?

Offline Resurrected

• No longer active on the forum.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12100 on: February 11, 2014, 12:25:14 pm »

Jakarta in Indonesia?

No.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12101 on: February 11, 2014, 12:42:04 pm »
Well thanks mate ;)

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #12102 on: February 11, 2014, 01:09:45 pm »

She's on Masti Chat now, chanel 906, boss arse...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12103 on: February 11, 2014, 01:18:12 pm »
You fucking mad twat :)

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12104 on: February 12, 2014, 08:49:45 am »
Anyone able to recommend a good tablet for arthritis/knee/joint pain? Heard about Finitro Forte but not sure if it's the best. Going to see GP this Friday so will ask him for something aswell, my knee is in absolutely terrible shape

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12105 on: February 12, 2014, 11:51:00 am »
Diclofenac?

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12106 on: February 13, 2014, 09:49:17 am »
No idea what that is!

Anyway another problem in my brilliant life. What's the easiest way to go on a blocked website at work? RAWK used to keep me sane but they've blocked it so typing this on my phone now

Offline Resurrected

• No longer active on the forum.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12107 on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:33 am »
No idea what that is!

Anyway another problem in my brilliant life. What's the easiest way to go on a blocked website at work? RAWK used to keep me sane but they've blocked it so typing this on my phone now

Easy.

Use your phone.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12108 on: February 13, 2014, 12:11:53 pm »
No idea what that is!

Its an anti inflammatory mate. I used it when i had my knee op, they take a while to get going but they are good.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12109 on: February 13, 2014, 01:30:26 pm »
No idea what that is!

I have seen stuff on using the google cached version of a page but can't remember what you do. Sure someone here will know how to get to them.

Thank me later for my detailed, clear and concise answer  :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12110 on: February 13, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »
No idea what that is!

According to this
Click Start at the bottom of the computer screen, then hit Run. You can also hold the Start key and press the R key.
There will be a text-box where you can type commands. Type in cmd.
Type ping www.website.com, where website is \\#Go to Google[1]
In the search box, type "cache:website.com" (without quotes), where website is the site name and hit Enter.
Google will automatically take you to the previously saved version of that website.

method 2
Method 2 of 2: Using proxy servers

In this method use proxy servers. Proxy servers are useful tools that act as intermediaries between your computer and the websites you visit. When you can’t visit a blocked site directly, you can ask a proxy server to visit it for you. The proxy displays the blocked website, and allows you to interact with it. Since you are communicating directly with the proxy (not with the restricted site)the communication isn't blocked.
Go to the website for the proxy service. Type the URL of the site you wish to unblock, and press Surf.
Browse the restricted site as you normally would.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12111 on: February 14, 2014, 08:56:50 pm »
^^ that's some trick Barney, I'm the opposite mate, I wish laws didn't protect employee's as much and you could easily establish exactly what they've been doing on the internet and fuck them off. Tis the curse of productivity.

Herby

« Reply #12112 on: February 21, 2014, 11:15:13 am »
Can anyone find me the quote from the Italian newspaper after Istanbul 2005 which had a statement
about when Liverpool came out for the 2nd half it was like Churchill holding the V-sign when walking
among the rubble in the London blitz?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12113 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:14 pm »
Is there some sort of law where a shop can refuse payment for something if you try to pay with more than 20p worth of coppers?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12114 on: February 25, 2014, 02:02:36 pm »
Not a law but any shop can refuse to serve you for any reason.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12115 on: February 25, 2014, 02:22:25 pm »
Not a law but any shop can refuse to serve you for any reason.

Am looking for something specific regarding what I asked though. Someone has mentioned it there but I want to know if it is fact or bullshit.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12116 on: February 25, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »
Yea its 20p for coppers and i think 50p or a quid for small silver.

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12117 on: February 25, 2014, 05:56:42 pm »
I don't think they can refuse. All money is legal tender, in fact stamps are legal tender so you can pay with them if you like. But as Barney said anyone can refuse just because they don't want to serve you in general
@johnbuckels

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #12118 on: February 25, 2014, 06:02:09 pm »
I don't think they can refuse. ....

It would appear they possibly can.

This might come as a surprise, but according to the Royal Mint, 1p and 2p coins are legal tender only if you are paying for something costing 20p or less: once you have amassed 21 or more 1p pieces, your coins contravene the Coinage Act 1971 if used in a single transaction. Even if you are buying penny sweets.

You can spend up to £5 in 5p or 10p coins, or up to £10 each in 50p and 20p pieces. Pound coins are legal tender for any amount, offering the chance for a frisson of defiance while staying on the right side of the law
  ...   http://www.theguardian.com/money/shortcuts/2012/may/15/what-can-you-buy-just-with-1p-and-2p
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12119 on: February 26, 2014, 12:10:03 am »
It would appear they possibly can.

This might come as a surprise, but according to the Royal Mint, 1p and 2p coins are legal tender only if you are paying for something costing 20p or less: once you have amassed 21 or more 1p pieces, your coins contravene the Coinage Act 1971 if used in a single transaction. Even if you are buying penny sweets.

You can spend up to £5 in 5p or 10p coins, or up to £10 each in 50p and 20p pieces. Pound coins are legal tender for any amount, offering the chance for a frisson of defiance while staying on the right side of the law
  ...   http://www.theguardian.com/money/shortcuts/2012/may/15/what-can-you-buy-just-with-1p-and-2p

You're right about the ability to refuse, but I don't think that article's got it quite right.

From the Royal Mint website:

Legal tender has a very narrow and technical meaning in the settlement of debts. It means that a debtor cannot successfully be sued for non-payment if he pays into court in legal tender. It does not mean that any ordinary transaction has to take place in legal tender or only within the amount denominated by the legislation. Both parties are free to agree to accept any form of payment whether legal tender or otherwise according to their wishes. In order to comply with the very strict rules governing an actual legal tender it is necessary, for example, actually to offer the exact amount due because no change can be demanded.
http://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/policies-and-guidelines/legal-tender-guidelines

So paying for something with over 20p in coppers is not illegal. It's fine, so long as the person being paid agrees to it.