Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Half time.....  (Read 202761 times)

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #680 on: February 4, 2012, 11:49:11 pm »
:lmao

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: February 4, 2012, 11:50:21 pm »
Quote from:
I'm edging towards a draw myself , I'd be happy with that to be honest

So;

Moan about our delusional behavior, how we aren't a big club and they're clearly superior in everyway... but they'd be happy with a draw.

:odd

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: February 4, 2012, 11:51:08 pm »
How would a combined Spurs / LFC team look...? Probably more reds than whites.

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon
Suarez > Any of their forward options
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #683 on: February 4, 2012, 11:52:25 pm »
Dr Manhattan is what I imagine I would be on NZT.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: February 4, 2012, 11:53:08 pm »
Johnson > Walker

HOW CAN THIS BE. WALKER CAN RUN FAST AND FAST AND RUN AND FAST.

Online please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: February 4, 2012, 11:54:00 pm »
17 pages?

What a sad set of fucking smalltime c*nts.

What a club they are though, eh? What a club. Three trophies in the last 30 years. Fucking massive massive club they are. We're just a joke nowadays, now that the mighty Spurs have overtaken us and finished above us three times without winning a single thing. They even got to the Champions League quarter finals, you know. The quarter finals!! What. A. Club.

I hope one day we can be as good as they are, as big, as mighty. I hope one day players from all over the world talk about us like they do them. I hope we can one day win three trophies in 30 years of existence, and that our name is in the 'They played good football once' history books (those things DO exist, right?). Why the hell are we winning 22 trophies in the last 30 years of OUR existence when everyone knows that a big juggernaut of a club wins three alone?! Why the fuck do we have to go and embarrass ourselves by trying to win yet another one later this month?! How fucking stupid are we going to look when we've won TWENTY FUCKING THREE trophies compared to their three?

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge fucking juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

Oh why can't we be more like Spurs?! WHY?!! It's so unfair. I want to win nothing too!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE SPURS AND WIN NOTHING!!! IT MATTERS SO FUCKING MUCH!!!

What a club. What. A. Club.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

You're fucking BOSS mate.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Nugget-8

• Main Stander
  • Lucas does jobs.
« Reply #686 on: February 4, 2012, 11:54:26 pm »
Deserves it's place in the "some good posts you may have missed" thread for me

Deffo

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #687 on: February 4, 2012, 11:54:52 pm »

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon
Not so sure about Walker and VDV. I think they might be better than Johnson and Stevie at the moment. Would also have Lennon over Kuyt. Otherwise spot on.

And no, I haven't been brainwashed by the media. I really do think Walker is a very good player for his age.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2012, 11:56:53 pm by zip »
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: February 4, 2012, 11:55:42 pm »

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon

Looking at this again, I think it pretty much says what I have known for a while - Spurs without Bale and Modric are an incredibly average side.  Liverpool at full-strength side (Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez missing this season) are close to being a great side.

Obviously I am biased, but I think it is pretty accurate.
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: February 4, 2012, 11:57:39 pm »
Not so sure about Walker and VDV. I think they might be better than Johnson and Stevie at the moment. Would also have Lennon over Kuyt. Otherwise spot on.

And no, I haven't been brainwashed by the media. I really do think Walker is a very good player for his age.

Come off it.

Johnson is 10-times the player Kyle-fucking-Walker is.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: February 5, 2012, 12:00:14 am »

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon

Reina> Friedel
Johnson=Walker
Agger= King
Skrtel= Kaboul
Enrique= Akotto
Lucas= Parker
Downing<Bale
Adam<Modric
Gerrard= VDV
Kuyt<Lennon
Suarez>
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 12:02:04 am by Coolie High »

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: February 5, 2012, 12:01:44 am »
Reina> Friedel
Johnson=Walker
Agger= King
Skrtel= Kaboul
Enrique= Akotto
Lucas= Parker
Downing<Bale
Adam<Modric
Kuty<Lennon
Suarez>

You miss Gerrard out, and also think England's brave Scott Parker and Ledley one game a decade King are equal to Agger and Lucas? Fair enough...

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: February 5, 2012, 12:01:53 am »
Johnson=Walker
Enrique= Akotto
Lucas= Parker

Akotto's good, but as good as Enrique?!
Parker as good as Lucas?!
JOHNSON NO BETTER THAN WALKER?!!!!?!!

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: February 5, 2012, 12:03:49 am »
Looking at this again, I think it pretty much says what I have known for a while - Spurs without Bale and Modric are an incredibly average side.  Liverpool at full-strength side (Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez missing this season) are close to being a great side.

Obviously I am biased, but I think it is pretty accurate.
Their defense is pretty average (besides King), but their front 6 are pretty incredible (minus whoever they play at right wing).

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: February 5, 2012, 12:04:12 am »

Akotto's good, but as good as Enrique?!
Parker as good as Lucas?!
JOHNSON NO BETTER THAN WALKER?!!!!?!!

Ekotto and Enrique have been the two best left backs this season imo, i've been watching Ekotto since last year and he has been pretty much flawless, of course sometimes its hard to beat a bad reputation similar to the way many people still think Johnson is a bad defender.

The other two i can't separate them, Lucas may be a bit better than Parker or Sandro but i don't think its by much.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 5, 2012, 12:05:21 am »
Come off it.

Johnson is 10-times the player Kyle-fucking-Walker is.
Johnson is definitely very good but Walker has also had a cracking season so far, been good. Will see how long he can keep it up though, Johnson is more experienced and won't slip as easily.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Dash Snow

• the ing through a horse in open one sleigh
  • Main Stander
« Reply #696 on: February 5, 2012, 12:05:46 am »
Lucas is way, way, way, way better than Sandro. And also way better than Parker

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: February 5, 2012, 12:08:58 am »
Not a big Johnson fan, but he is definitely better than Walker atm.  Walker has the potential to be a better player though.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: February 5, 2012, 12:09:27 am »
Reina> Friedel
Johnson=Walker
Agger= King
Skrtel= Kaboul
Enrique= Akotto
Lucas= Parker
Downing<Bale
Adam<Modric
Gerrard= VDV
Kuyt<Lennon
Suarez>
On current forms of individuals and teams, taking my red glasses off, yes, I think you are correct. There are a couple of players with us who are clearly better, like Gerrard, Johnson, but the spurs equivalent players have been just as good. However as the league table will show, the Downing <<< Bale and Adam<<< Modric is what makes a lot of difference. I really like Assou-Ekotto too, I think him>= Enrique. However, I think we are on the up, we are a better squad and with some addition we should be fine.

Its good that there are now more than 4 top teams, with some additions and subtractions in the summer, any of them could easily be top 4 next year. IMO.

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: February 5, 2012, 12:11:36 am »
Johnson is definitely very good but Walker has also had a cracking season so far, been good. Will see how long he can keep it up though, Johnson is more experienced and won't slip as easily.

Sure, good season.

Doesn't change the fact he isn't a patch on Johnson as footballer.

As for Akotto, he's been very good, much improved. But Enrique's been far-and-away the best LB in the league from what I've seen, if he could shoot he'd be near fucking perfect to be honest.

And Parker's better as a 'driving force' into the opposition half, has a nice limp for the cameras too. Lucas is a lot better though, better tackler, better passer, better holding-midfielder. A Spurs fan I saw describe Lucas as a 'hachet-man', just a midfield destroyer who tackles a lot without a brain. More Sandro than Lucas, no way is he near as good as Lucas.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #700 on: February 5, 2012, 12:11:57 am »
Lucas is the best holding midfielder in the league, and to be honest, given his age and attitude, I wouldn't swap him for any other in the world.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: February 5, 2012, 12:12:44 am »
That Dutch Red chap has some cheek.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #702 on: February 5, 2012, 12:13:11 am »
That Dutch Red chap has some cheek.
You missed the election also?

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: February 5, 2012, 12:14:45 am »
Sure, good season.

Which is why I said "at the moment" in my original post.  ;)

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: February 5, 2012, 12:19:51 am »
My favourite post in that Spurs thread is where one of them claims they are: "amongst the elite clubs in Europe".

Oh, and why the fuck is Dutch Red apologising to those pricks?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: February 5, 2012, 12:19:59 am »
Sure, good season.

As for Akotto, he's been very good, much improved. But Enrique's been far-and-away the best LB in the league from what I've seen, if he could shoot he'd be near fucking perfect to be honest.

And Parker's better as a 'driving force' into the opposition half, has a nice limp for the cameras too. Lucas is a lot better though, better tackler, better passer, better holding-midfielder. A Spurs fan I saw describe Lucas as a 'hachet-man', just a midfield destroyer who tackles a lot without a brain. More Sandro than Lucas, no way is he near as good as Lucas.

He isn't a patch on Johnson as a footballer i agree, but then again Enrique isn't anywhere as good of a footballer as Ekotto is.

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: February 5, 2012, 12:21:16 am »
He isn't a patch on Johnson as a footballer i agree, but then again Enrique isn't anywhere as good of a footballer as Ekotto is.

I see where you're coming from, still don't think Ekotto is as good as Enrique though.  :P

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #707 on: February 5, 2012, 12:21:54 am »

We're not showing Tottenham enough respect.

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: February 5, 2012, 12:25:02 am »
My favourite post in that Spurs thread is where one of them claims they are: "amongst the elite clubs in Europe".

Huge club. Don't want to be upsetting the juggernaught of a football institution that Tottenham Hotspur is.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: February 5, 2012, 12:26:39 am »
You missed the election also?
Must have. He needs sacking.

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: February 5, 2012, 12:28:07 am »
Tottenham are a 'trific club.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: February 5, 2012, 12:28:52 am »
We're not showing Tottenham enough respect.

To be fair, they are an Elite European Club. I mean, who the fuck are we with our five European cups? I'm living in the past when I mention them though, because we won our last one way back in 2005. Fucking hell, 2005! What an age ago that is. Jesus was still in nappies.

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #712 on: February 5, 2012, 12:29:44 am »
I have always found decent mutual respect amongst the Spurs fans I know.  Whoppers are at every club ; best ignore them or educate them with cold facts.
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #713 on: February 5, 2012, 12:31:52 am »
Viva la Revolution! DutchRed out! Long live Dr M!

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: February 5, 2012, 12:32:42 am »
Dr manhattan really has a way with words.  :lmao

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• is a Mormon (with a lapsed m)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #715 on: February 5, 2012, 12:33:55 am »

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon

How come they are challenging for the title and we aren't? They have a better manager??

Let's be honest, they have a better squad. We have a better defence, the rest goes to Spurs. Defore has more goals than Suarez and Carroll together.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: February 5, 2012, 12:37:18 am »
17 pages?

What a sad set of fucking smalltime c*nts.

What a club they are though, eh? What a club. Three trophies in the last 30 years. Fucking massive massive club they are. We're just a joke nowadays, now that the mighty Spurs have overtaken us and finished above us three times without winning a single thing. They even got to the Champions League quarter finals, you know. The quarter finals!! What. A. Club.

I hope one day we can be as good as they are, as big, as mighty. I hope one day players from all over the world talk about us like they do them. I hope we can one day win three trophies in 30 years of existence, and that our name is in the 'They played good football once' history books (those things DO exist, right?). Why the hell are we winning 22 trophies in the last 30 years of OUR existence when everyone knows that a big juggernaut of a club wins three alone?! Why the fuck do we have to go and embarrass ourselves by trying to win yet another one later this month?! How fucking stupid are we going to look when we've won TWENTY FUCKING THREE trophies compared to their three?

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge fucking juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

Oh why can't we be more like Spurs?! WHY?!! It's so unfair. I want to win nothing too!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE SPURS AND WIN NOTHING!!! IT MATTERS SO FUCKING MUCH!!!

What a club. What. A. Club.

:lmao

Best post ever.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #717 on: February 5, 2012, 12:37:44 am »

doesnt matter individually, they are a better team. they have alot more points than us this season and they play attacking football. lets not become like the bitters and live in denial. This will be a tough game, we need to win to put us in confident mood for the visit to the toilet.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: February 5, 2012, 12:39:04 am »
How come they are challenging for the title and we aren't? They have a better manager??

Let's be honest, they have a better squad. We have a better defence, the rest goes to Spurs. Defore has more goals than Suarez and Carroll together.

Better 11 but also they have been a team longer than we have and have had no long term injuries or suspensions. Two of our best midfielders have been out for significant periods of time and our best forward has been handed a long ban aswell as coming from a summer tournament so no pre season. Do you honestly think tottenham would be challenging if modric was out for half a season and likewise with parker and adebayor?

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #719 on: February 5, 2012, 12:39:08 am »
We do need to respect Spurs. Although Doc Manhattans post is true and very funny, we do need to remember since we were runners up in the league, they have been the better team; that's 3 seasons.
Whilst I agree that without Modric and Bale they wouldn't be as good, you can say that about any team in the world - stupid comment in truth, all teams have their better players.

In terms of comparing players;

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker (just)
Agger > Dawson
Skrtel < King
Enrique > Assou Ekotto

Yes, I think our defence is superior. The Skrtel loss and Johnson win were close but overall I'd rather out defence than theirs.

Kuyt < Lennon
Adam < Modric
Lucas > Parker
Downing < Bale
Gerrard = VdV
Suarez > Adebayor

Their midfield is clearly superior, barring Lucas. Gerrard at his peak is better than VdV but in truth, VdV is playing no worse than Gerrard atm. Suarez and Adebayor is also close, but Luis edges it due to skill and flamboyance.