Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester Utd: After game, Bleakness  (Read 71031 times)

Offline DAVE36

• Anny Roader
Re: Liverpool v Manchester Utd: After game, Bleakness
« Reply #880 on: December 16, 2007, 09:13:24 pm »
Gerard looked like he was bullied today by Anderson especiallyin the first half, dont like saying it but that has happend far to often to him in games against Utd. I can still remember the last minute Ferdinand winner in the game at Old Trafford when he was dominated by Utd's strongest midfield of Giggs, Richardson, Oshea and Fletcher.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: December 16, 2007, 09:14:04 pm »
Watched a different game to me, then.
They did. Gerrard wasn't given a sniff to get on the ball or make any trademark driving runs.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #882 on: December 16, 2007, 09:14:39 pm »
We played below our best and got beat 1-0 by the best team in the land (apparently). we're all gutted but we're not crap all of a sudden.

Some players were awful but yer get days like that. Riise was useless going forward but at least he kept old Riverdanso out of mischief, no mean feat on his recent form.

Actually Utd did a Houllier on us. Sounds a bit sinister thinking about it as H was there and he's a bit of a buddy of ol' Fergy - no surely not!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #883 on: December 16, 2007, 09:15:02 pm »
Fucking devistated, fair enough we were unlucky at times and man u got away with it but none of those teams deserved to win today, we didnt create any good enough clear cut opportunitys and man u did absolutley fuck all but still came away with 3 points!!! Riise was shit kewell was shit kuyt was shit gerrard didnt get forward enough and carragher the only real player who can say he did well today just got up and got on with it oh and mascherano played well thats it, were not out of the title race but this was a knock in the teeth today though 2 points against the 'top 3' at home is not good enough!!!

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: December 16, 2007, 09:15:19 pm »
They did. Gerrard wasn't given a sniff to get on the ball or make any trademark driving runs.

Like I say, different game to me.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline terry66

• Main Stander
« Reply #885 on: December 16, 2007, 09:16:26 pm »
Hear hear, we need to get on and get behind Rafa and beat the likes of Reading

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: December 16, 2007, 09:18:05 pm »
Gerard looked like he was bullied today by Anderson especiallyin the first half, dont like saying it but that has happend far to often to him in games against Utd. I can still remember the last minute Ferdinand winner in the game at Old Trafford when he was dominated by Utd's strongest midfield of Giggs, Richardson, Oshea and Fletcher.
If he was bullied/dominated. We would have been under pressure.
But seen as that we were under no pressure at all, it kind of shows that Gerrard and Masch were very solid in the middle.

Gerrard, if anything, was very cautious and didnt want to vacate his position too much. He played the disciplined game that lots of folk on here clamour for.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #887 on: December 16, 2007, 09:18:12 pm »
liverpool liverpool liverpool!!!!!
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #888 on: December 16, 2007, 09:18:34 pm »
I'm not mad we lost, I'm mad we lost at Anfield. But hat's what you get when your a Liverpool supporter, highs and lows and to be honest with you I'm not too bothered about it.
United hardly looked invincible today. They were fortunate enough to get that goal at the stroke of half time. It's not Rafa or the tactics to blame this time, the players themselves are to blame. Chance after chance came and we squandered them away. United got the goal and sat back and there's nothing wrong about doing that away from home.

We used to be the Pete Sampras and Rod Laver of the premier league. Now, it looks like we just have to settle for being Tim Henman again for another season. Putting the fans through high and lows, winning small trophies and some games but not the grand prize.

But it's not over until it's over, and yes Arsenal are 10 points in front of us and we have a game in hand, but it's not over till it's over. One thing this month has taught me is that none of the top four is invincible, and the other three top teams will lose a few more games before the season is done. It's not over till it's over.

In God and Rafa we trust.

YNWA ;D ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:21:24 pm by Crackerjack Sam »
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #889 on: December 16, 2007, 09:18:39 pm »
Hey Basta Ya who is in your avatar now, and who was the bird in it before.
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #890 on: December 16, 2007, 09:18:57 pm »
still have the feeling Mascher and Alonso with Gerrard wide right gives us more chance to control a game

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline tarbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #891 on: December 16, 2007, 09:19:30 pm »
Fucking devistated, fair enough we were unlucky at times and man u got away with it but none of those teams deserved to win today, we didnt create any good enough clear cut opportunitys and man u did absolutley fuck all but still came away with 3 points!!! Riise was shit kewell was shit kuyt was shit gerrard didnt get forward enough and carragher the only real player who can say he did well today just got up and got on with it oh and mascherano played well thats it, were not out of the title race but this was a knock in the teeth today though 2 points against the 'top 3' at home is not good enough!!!
as you say Man U did absolutlely fuck all but got the 3 points....isn't that what we used to be good at in the old days...and shouldnt we be getting behind the players not blasting them....support the team lads through thick and thin...and STOP calling for Rafa's head.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: December 16, 2007, 09:19:40 pm »
Hargreaves and Anderson bossed that midfield today I thought. They were on top of us right from the word go.
Yeah, thats why they spent most of the game in their own half. But freedom of thought, and all that.

Offline terry66

• Main Stander
« Reply #893 on: December 16, 2007, 09:20:12 pm »
Guys think about it, Neville could have been playing and we would have had to watch him run a 100yds to gloat at the end.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: December 16, 2007, 09:21:48 pm »
We played below our best and got beat 1-0 by the best team in the land (apparently). we're all gutted but we're not crap all of a sudden.

Some players were awful but yer get days like that. Riise was useless going forward but at least he kept old Riverdanso out of mischief, no mean feat on his recent form.

Actually Utd did a Houllier on us. Sounds a bit sinister thinking about it as H was there and he's a bit of a buddy of ol' Fergy - no surely not!

That about Houllier is spot on. We managed to win a few games against them a few years ago by being cautious. I remember hoping that we'd be the team with the ball some time in the future. Winning of course, but being the side with more possession and more attempts.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #895 on: December 16, 2007, 09:21:54 pm »
Hey Basta Ya who is in your avatar now, and who was the bird in it before.

That's a real picture of him, innit Bast.
JFT97

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #896 on: December 16, 2007, 09:22:45 pm »
as you say Man U did absolutlely fuck all but got the 3 points....isn't that what we used to be good at in the old days...and shouldnt we be getting behind the players not blasting them....support the team lads through thick and thin...and STOP calling for Rafa's head.

Im not calling for rafas head, who is exactly? it aint rafas fault some of our players were poor today and as soon as man u scored it was 10 men in defence!!!!

Offline Comic Book Guy

• Legacy Fan
  • In Cyber Space, Nobody Can See Your Man Breasts
« Reply #897 on: December 16, 2007, 09:23:03 pm »
And to top today off, I just got out bid at the last second on an AC Milan tracksuit top I wanted to buy on eBay.

What a c*nt of a day
You should make like my pants... and split

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #898 on: December 16, 2007, 09:23:10 pm »
still have the feeling Mascher and Alonso with Gerrard wide right gives us more chance to control a game

:thumbup :thumbup
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline tarbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #899 on: December 16, 2007, 09:24:25 pm »
I'm not mad we lost, I'm mad we lost at Anfield. But hat's what you get when your a Liverpool supporter, highs and lows and to be honest with you I'm not too bothered about it.
United hardly looked invincible today. They were fortunate enough to get that goal at the stroke of half time. It's not Rafa or the tactics to blame this time, the players themselves are to blame. Chance after chance came and we squandered them away. United got the goal and sat back and there's nothing wrong about doing that away from home.

We used to be the Pete Sampras and Rod Laver of the premier league. Now, it looks like we just have to settle for being Tim Henman again for another season. Putting the fans through high and lows, winning small trophies and some games but not the grand prize.

But it's not over until it's over, and yes Arsenal are 10 points in front of us and we have a game in hand, but it's not over till it's over. One thing this month has taught me is that none of the top four is invincible, and the other three top teams will lose a few more games before the season is done. It's not over till it's over.

In God and Rafa we trust.

YNWA ;D ;)
sorry to disappoint fella but it is OVER...10 points behind Arsenal..no way are they going to slip up and if they did it wouldnt be us to overtake them....sorry to say but I think it might be time to call time on Rafa...maybe GUs Hiddink might fancy a shot or perhaps Mourhinhol

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: December 16, 2007, 09:25:17 pm »
That's a real picture of him, innit Bast.

Yep, that's me.

Hallo!

I used to be in the T.A, until I stole a tank and tried to invade Paris.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #901 on: December 16, 2007, 09:25:23 pm »
sorry to disappoint fella but it is OVER...10 points behind Arsenal..no way are they going to slip up and if they did it wouldnt be us to overtake them....sorry to say but I think it might be time to call time on Rafa...maybe GUs Hiddink might fancy a shot or perhaps Mourhinhol
you can fuck right off

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #902 on: December 16, 2007, 09:26:07 pm »
Fucking knee jerk c*nts on here. Fuck them all.

Fine lines today - that is all
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #903 on: December 16, 2007, 09:26:25 pm »

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #904 on: December 16, 2007, 09:26:49 pm »

Fuck that!!!

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #905 on: December 16, 2007, 09:27:20 pm »
Yep, that's me.

Hallo!

lol, ok who was the bird in it before with the make up
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: December 16, 2007, 09:27:27 pm »
Watched a different game to me, then.

Well they did something right because we barely got stuck into Vidic/Ferdinand and never got in behind the back four either. Gerrard was far far too deep, Mascherano a bit wasteful in posession. The few times he got up the field he played in a couple of decent balls but other than that was sat back too much. Benayoun and Kewell offered fuck all. Once again our lack of a quality, aggressive wide man is exposed by a top class team. Babel is very promising but I think he can be a bit of  headless chicken at times. Still, atleast he showed some bollocks and had a go at them. Torres and Kuyt very ineffective but got zero help from the midfield. At least we had a go at Arsenal and Chelsea, albeit for sporadic moments of the game. Today we offered nothing apart from forcing a keeper error or two from set pieces. Toothless in attack.

Back four ok defensively but fucking woeful with the ball at their feet. There was a moment early on (3-4 mins) where Carra won the ball, was about to boot it but checked back, wrong footed the manc c*nt, and then had the chance to come away with the ball - he takes a couple of touches and then launches it high up the field for Torres to run onto. Why? Absolutely fucking pointless and gives the ball straight back to them. After 3 and a half years why are we so scared to keep the ball against top teams? A back four consisting of Riise, Sami and Carra has a LOT of good points but in terms of being comfortable with the ball at their feet there's too many passengers and the only one certain of a starting berth is Carra. Very quickly losing patience with Riise.

10 points with a game in hand is not the end of the world. We're still clinging on with our finger nails at the moment but we still have to goto Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United. Given our quite frankly abysmal record at the latter three teams under Rafa I'm not holding my breath for anything. I think we're as good as out of the race. We'll still make up ground on them but we'll always have too much to catch up IMO.

All in all a very dissapointing day.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #907 on: December 16, 2007, 09:27:42 pm »

tarbs have faith in the boss. Arsenal slipped up against Borough and the are alot more teams up for it in the prem this year than last season. It can still be done. As for those managers wouldn't want em'. As reputable as they both are, I love Rafa the gaffa
PSN ID - hajme1   

Offline tarbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #908 on: December 16, 2007, 09:27:47 pm »
Im not calling for rafas head, who is exactly? it aint rafas fault some of our players were poor today and as soon as man u scored it was 10 men in defence!!!!
how many more times are our lads going to produce poor performances when it matters i agree with that but Rafa needs to have the tactical nous to unravel the opposition and I'm starting to doubt he can go the extra mile

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #909 on: December 16, 2007, 09:27:53 pm »
Yep, that's me.

Hallo!

;D

Hallo too!  :wave
JFT97

Offline Comrade

• Kopite
« Reply #910 on: December 16, 2007, 09:27:57 pm »
Why is this place full of people with >50 posts after every disappointing result? They can fuck right off.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #911 on: December 16, 2007, 09:28:06 pm »
mourinho = c*nt

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #912 on: December 16, 2007, 09:28:11 pm »
lol, ok who was the bird in it before with the make up

That was him too.
JFT97

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #913 on: December 16, 2007, 09:28:21 pm »
Will think about this and comment tomorrow, perhaps with a new topic as I feel this game has shown ALOT to be discussed. I just need to think about how best to write it up
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #914 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:08 pm »
Personally, I think we played exactly as the Mancs wanted today - at 100 mph, and that's not how we like to play. I wouldn't say Gerrard let us down today, but he did dictate the tempo, and it was a tempo that none of our players (him included) can play well at. A bit like at Everton, but Rafa couldn't take him off today.

We didn't outplay them today, but we outran them - to our own damage. The only player to come out of today's game with a bit of credit was Mascherano - the only one capable of calmly stepping onto the ball and distributing it to one of our players. The rest was chaos - especially after they scored - kicking the ball in the general direction of their goal, shooting at first sight of the goal (including pathetic efforts by Riise with his right foot and Gerrard with his left, when other options where available) - essentially making it easy for the Mancs to clear.

What really annoys me is that their defence had a terrible day, but our lack of composure in front of goal let them get away with it. Once again they go away with three points from a game neither team deserved to win.

We're not out of the title race by a long way, but we now need to go on a long winning run, otherwise we will be soon enough.

Offline terry66

• Main Stander
« Reply #915 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:32 pm »
how many more times are our lads going to produce poor performances when it matters i agree with that but Rafa needs to have the tactical nous to unravel the opposition and I'm starting to doubt he can go the extra mile

How many managers have the Mancs had in the premiership??. Come on

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:53 pm »
That was him too.

But with a bit of lippy on.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #917 on: December 16, 2007, 09:30:01 pm »
was there much trouble when the scum were let out after 20 mins or so i was on way home?

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: December 16, 2007, 09:30:02 pm »
Yeah, thats why they spent most of the game in their own half. But freedom of thought, and all that.
Well they stopped our midfield from playing so they won that battle...

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #919 on: December 16, 2007, 09:30:25 pm »

You were just saying to me we should be backing rafa and now you want someone else to take the job? wtf