Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester Utd: After game, Bleakness  (Read 71027 times)

Offline heather123

• not in the clique... and won't be if she keeps moaning...
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Manchester Utd: After game, Bleakness
« Reply #760 on: December 16, 2007, 07:31:07 pm »
And some tart in the metro just ignored fellow reds while singing Munich songs. Disgrace.

Stupid slut.

Offline the red rebel

• Legacy Fan
  • our eyes hath seen the glory
« Reply #761 on: December 16, 2007, 07:31:18 pm »
yer just cant afford to give the ball away cheaply against the top sides, infuriating today, without looking on the black side to much ok il say it anyway, how do we compete with them  assuming we stay at anfield when theyll be gaining a million quid plus per game on extra revenue?   :'(

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #762 on: December 16, 2007, 07:31:21 pm »
Rafa's record in the league:

Played: 129
Won: 70
Lost: 31
Drawn: 28

54% success rate

That's just poor

and 2 points from 9 against the big boys this season, and we've yet to visit one of them........
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #763 on: December 16, 2007, 07:32:01 pm »
I HATE KEWELL.

I wish he would FUCK OFF.
Did you hate him when he was close to MOTM against Marseilles in the most important game of the season so far? Twat.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #764 on: December 16, 2007, 07:33:00 pm »
and 2 points from 9 against the big boys this season, and we've yet to visit one of them........

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say we need 7 points from those games if we're to stand any chance.
JFT97

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #765 on: December 16, 2007, 07:33:24 pm »
if anyone on here SERIOUSLY thought we could win the league this year they need there head testing, we are at least 4 players short still.

Still fancy us to win the champs league and still wouldnt be surprised to see us get third, but winning it, no way pedro.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline kennysshinpad

• Main Stander
  • Oooooh this should get me mediocrety
« Reply #766 on: December 16, 2007, 07:33:41 pm »
sionisred
Main Stander

« Reply #755 on: Today at 07:29:28 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

54% success rate

That's just poor

SHHHHHH....... your not allowed to have realistic  or negative thoughts on here. Be positive, after all Rafa might win us the League in 2014 after the SCUM have overhauled our total of 18
We may as well have Mr Magoo

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #767 on: December 16, 2007, 07:33:53 pm »
I feel sick to the core about that result but Jesus, some of the shite in here is embarrassing.

How about trying a seperate juvenile and non-juvenile post match thread? And by juvenile I don't necessarily mean age in years.

Most of us are well aware that amongst others e.g. Riise is limited and we've moved on etc., but defensively he smothered Ronaldo today and there were worse offenders for wasted shots and crosses than him. We do have some limited players, but you get what you pay for and we have spent far far less. Saying that, our most expensive player missed the best chance of the day. I still love him though.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:25:02 pm by Captain Caveman »
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #768 on: December 16, 2007, 07:34:13 pm »
if anyone on here SERIOUSLY thought we could win the league this year they need there head testing, we are at least 4 players short still.

Still fancy us to win the champs league and still wouldnt be surprised to see us get third, but winning it, no way pedro.

Agree with that.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline legoflamb

• Legacy Fan
  • A Likely Lid
« Reply #769 on: December 16, 2007, 07:35:20 pm »
It was like a mini Beijing (sp.) in the lower Anny.......chinese/japanese tourists armed with cameras.

One of them was taking photos on a big fuck off expensive camera of the United fans baiting us at the end.  Wanker.  Having said that though, some scouse lads were completely out of order on their way out with the aeroplane gestures.  Plays right into their grubby little Cockney hands.

Atmosphere was shite, but fair play to a few lads who kept trying to keep it going on the back row.  Only highlight of the day for me was the chant for Rio...the fucking smackhead.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #770 on: December 16, 2007, 07:36:18 pm »
and how did all of the people here having a go at rafa think about our challenge for the title 10 days ago (i.e. when we were unbeaten)

2 defeats and the world is falling in ffs

now i am not saying we will win the league this season, but the way peoples views swing because of 2 defeats is unreal

ive never know anything like this place for kneejerk reactions
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #771 on: December 16, 2007, 07:39:18 pm »

Not saying that the Rafa out brigade are right, but 2 defeats are the difference between success and failure in the league nowadays.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #772 on: December 16, 2007, 07:39:43 pm »
...........with little interest in the game.

I don't think it hurts the fans as much anymore......our kid over heard someone moaning on the way out about how cold his pie was at half-time ffs.

fucking hell.....fucking joke
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #773 on: December 16, 2007, 07:40:14 pm »
Thought I'd had a bad day but if I'd had a cold pie at half time that would have just about done it. Surely he could have lashed it at someone - like some whisky-nosed git who always chews with his gob open - couldn't miss that surely no matter what part of the ground yer in.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #774 on: December 16, 2007, 07:40:30 pm »
Not saying that the Rafa out brigade are right, but 2 defeats are the difference between success and failure in the league nowadays.

2 defeats is the same amount of defeats that man utd and chelsea have lost 3 this season

its the amount of (home) draws that we have had this season that has been the problem
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Online richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 16, 2007, 07:41:10 pm »
and how did all of the people here having a go at rafa think about our challenge for the title 10 days ago (i.e. when we were unbeaten)

Funnilly enough my exact thoughts were two defeats and we're fucked

Pheeny

« Reply #776 on: December 16, 2007, 07:41:39 pm »
Wish they would fuck off and at least support a team that's in the same country as them.
Guess I'd better start supporting KRC Genk then...

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #777 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:06 pm »
kuyt - works hard but thats not enough

Not having a pop at you mate for posting this, but if I hear that from anyone else I'll scream like a girl.....

I like Kuyt's workrate, but today he was really, really dreadful. All too often this 'he works hard' is brought up to defend some of Kuyt's performances, but working hard doesn't mean you also don't have to be able to cross a decent ball or control the ball when it comes to you.

Fair play to him, he's had a personal tragedy in his life this year, but performance wise, today he was abysmal.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:23 pm »
sionisred
Main Stander

« Reply #755 on: Today at 07:29:28 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

54% success rate

That's just poor

SHHHHHH....... your not allowed to have realistic  or negative thoughts on here. Be positive, after all Rafa might win us the League in 2014 after the SCUM have overhauled our total of 18

I won't insult you as i'm not allowed to but suffice to say if I did it would involve your parents and the genes you've inherited from them and if I had my way you would be the type of fan i would ban from supporting us and have you laden with a 4 tonne granite weight over your shoulders and then dipped in a vat of molten lava.

And breathe, feel better now.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline sionisred

• Main Stander
« Reply #779 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:39 pm »
Did you hate him when he was close to MOTM against Marseilles in the most important game of the season so far? Twat.

How the fuck can people look at the CL as more important then the league? Marseille wasn't the biggest game of the season, today was! and before that Reading were! Instead we're trailing the league leaders by 10 points, effectively ending our league campaign. Fuck the CL, to me the league is everything, anything else is just a bonus.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #780 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:46 pm »

now i am not saying we will win the league this season, but the way peoples views swing because of 2 defeats is unreal

As Shakespeare said "Was e'er a feather so lightly blown to and fro fer fucks sake".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #781 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:47 pm »
Guess I'd better start supporting KRC Genk then...

yer go on fuck off! ;)

Offline gob

• Stopper.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Jamais Les Premiers
« Reply #782 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:05 pm »
I'm so disapointed.

ManU was better than Marseille, but there was clearly the place to win this afternoon.
A stupid goal just before HT and two occasions of goal wasted in first half-tilme ...

Infuriating.
"Je me souviens que c'était une ambiance extraordinaire au Vélodrome... Le stade Vélodrome est un des stades où les supporters sont le plus derrière leur équipe" Steven Gerrard

Offline Heathcote_Simpleton

• Kopite
« Reply #783 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:27 pm »

Yep, two defeats, same as the Mancs.
"Liverpool is a fantastic club with a remarkable history and a passionate fan base. We fully acknowledge and appreciate the unique heritage and rich history of Liverpool and intend to respect this heritage in the future."

Tom Hicks and George Gillett

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #784 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:37 pm »
2 defeats is the same amount of defeats that man utd and chelsea have lost 3 this season

its the amount of (home) draws that we have had this season that has been the problem

Personally I think the problem is that 3 years in and Rafa still can't beat any of the so called challengers. Thats three at home, and no matter how unlucky we were in the other two, we failed to beat any of them. 3 years in to his reign. THATS the problem surely?

Offline MAL05

• Kopite
  • JFT96 - YNWA
« Reply #785 on: December 16, 2007, 07:44:22 pm »
Had to have a look but I knew what i would see, another 20 odd page post defeat thread.

Lets just be honest, we were nowhere near our best, cannot think of anyone who was at the top of there game really but this is largely due to the fact that we had the game midweek where we could not rest players because of the position we were in but the Mans could rest, and this showed IMHO.

It hurts, it really hurts, especially as it was almost another "smash n grab" but this makes me think if we was at the top of our game we would have beat them.

The season is not over, we can beat them at their place, and we are going places with Rafa.
.."I am only thinking of the next game"..

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: December 16, 2007, 07:44:32 pm »

Will you say the same thing when we lose our next 2 games?

This place is sometimes too full of blind optimists.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Garston Park

• Anny Roader
« Reply #787 on: December 16, 2007, 07:45:47 pm »
Predictions on the amount of pages this thread will end up with?

my vote is 35+

what do you expect, and why does it bother you how many pages of internet it uses up. it's a forum to discuss the game and we've just been beaten by the mancs again.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: December 16, 2007, 07:45:54 pm »
It IS a realistic goal to win the league this season.

How many years have we said that we're not ready, wait another season? Way too many. The problem is not the quality of players we have, the problem is in our heads. The day we are prepared to go out and play Boro or Reading like it's Barca away is the day when we'll enter the title race for real.

Just look at the posts in here today, or go back and read some that were posted before the season started. The question is rarely what's required to get back in the race, the question is when we'll be out of it. We are setting ourselves up for failure with that mindset. Fuck realism. We have got to believe it's possible before we can make it happen. But if we can't even believe we have a chance, despite 2 CL Finals in 3 years, then I don't know what is needed.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #789 on: December 16, 2007, 07:46:07 pm »
Personally I think the problem is that 3 years in and Rafa still can't beat any of the so called challengers. Thats three at home, and no matter how unlucky we were in the other two, we failed to beat any of them. 3 years in to his reign. THATS the problem surely?

over the course of a season of course thats a problem - but the point that was made was that 2 defeats is too many at this stage - well its less than chelsea and the same as man utd

we shouldnt just assume we will go to their places and lose - its all about bouncing back against pompey now i suppose

i think chelsea are at blackburn, arsenal at home to spurs and man utd at home to everton so if we win hopefully someone will drop points next week.

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #790 on: December 16, 2007, 07:47:08 pm »
Harsh?!

Jesus Christ - he's spent more time getting patched up than Frankenstein's fucking monster!

Problem is, he fucking plays like him too!
You are an idiot.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #791 on: December 16, 2007, 07:47:18 pm »

no but we havent lost our next 2 games have we?!

ffs - WHEN we lose our next 2 games! im glad youre so certain!

Online richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: December 16, 2007, 07:47:42 pm »
Thats three at home, and no matter how unlucky we were in the other two, we failed to beat any of them. 3 years in to his reign. THATS the problem surely?

We rode our luck against Arsenal too, Fabregas and Bendter both missed open goals from ten yards out before they equalised

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #793 on: December 16, 2007, 07:49:19 pm »

Agreed. I'm appalled by the 'Rafa out' opinions, but just as appalled seeing the dismissive "it happens, move on" talk after this and the Reading defeats.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #794 on: December 16, 2007, 07:50:47 pm »
I'm wondering how on earth Kuyt is getting games under that kind of form

Im coming to the conclusion that Kuyt offers absolutely no kind of goal threat against any half decent side. No Pace, appalling first touch and doesnt score enough, yes he works hard but that just papers over his deficiencies.

Heskey worked his socks off and he wasn't considered good enough either.

I would like to see Babel have a go through the middle
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #795 on: December 16, 2007, 07:50:54 pm »
why is anyone surprised? we never beat them at home, we just move on, we have 4 games coming up where at least 10 points are essential.

As i said, lets keep our fingers crossed we get sevilla next week in the draw and get a few wins under our belt in the prem, we have a decent run of games coming up now, while arse especially have some really tough games.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #796 on: December 16, 2007, 07:51:45 pm »
We rode our luck against Arsenal too, Fabregas and Bendter both missed open goals from ten yards out before they equalised

Exactly.

I also think it's unfair to say to anyone that they are being 'kneejerk' after another year and another home defeat against one of the big three, which is the thing thats stopping us from challenging for the title, our performances against Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, year after year.

Being fed up after three years of the same thing isn't exactly 'kneejerk' is it?

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #797 on: December 16, 2007, 07:52:48 pm »
Agreed. I'm appalled by the 'Rafa out' opinions, but just as appalled seeing the dismissive "it happens, move on" talk after this and the Reading defeats.

Most sensible post of the day. I dislike the Rafa out brigade, but I also hate the 'bury our heads' mentality after yet another home defeat by Man Utd.

Offline MAL05

• Kopite
  • JFT96 - YNWA
« Reply #798 on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:11 pm »
The "blip" in the Champs league is why we are in this Prem league position today, for the following 2 reasons-

1. We could not rest players on Tuesday night before today's game.

2. Because Tuesday was a must win game Rafa took his eye off the ball against Reading and we lost.

IMHO
.."I am only thinking of the next game"..

Offline Garston Park

• Anny Roader
« Reply #799 on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:46 pm »
Funnilly enough my exact thoughts were two defeats and we're fucked

haha, same here. I suspected we were fucked the moment we drew 0-0 at Blackburn against an absolutely woeful Blackburn side. and i knew we were when subsequently played off the park for the entire game at home to arsenal. I know we drew, but anyone at that game knows we were outclassed that day. We need better players and I have spent the last few hours thinking what manager would almost definately make us better and install the winning mentality we do not have under Bentiez, I can only think of one name.