Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1068786 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #16880 on: June 27, 2022, 01:49:06 pm »
Not in that awful stadium.

They need their own home.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16881 on: June 27, 2022, 02:12:57 pm »
Not in that awful stadium.

They need their own home.

Well, had they been successful, a city like Berlin could have certainly helped them with that ...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16882 on: July 18, 2022, 02:37:33 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtF2EUean0 - Every goal Lewandowski ever scored in the league for Dortmund and Bayern

I think whatever you think of Bayern you won't find many who don't respect how good he's been for Bayern. Seems it might have ended a bit sourly but 10 titles in 12 years in Germany is crazy.

Will be keen to see how he does at Barca. It's clearly not their best ever team but he's a supreme goalscorer so would expect him to still bang them in. Had he left a couple of years ago after winning the Champions League it would have been even more interesting with a couple more years elsewhere in his prime but you'd still back him to carry on for a few more years.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16883 on: July 18, 2022, 02:53:16 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtF2EUean0 - Every goal Lewandowski ever scored in the league for Dortmund and Bayern

I think whatever you think of Bayern you won't find many who don't respect how good he's been for Bayern. Seems it might have ended a bit sourly but 10 titles in 12 years in Germany is crazy.

Will be keen to see how he does at Barca. It's clearly not their best ever team but he's a supreme goalscorer so would expect him to still bang them in. Had he left a couple of years ago after winning the Champions League it would have been even more interesting with a couple more years elsewhere in his prime but you'd still back him to carry on for a few more years.

He won’t care one bit, he has no feeling of attachments to Bayern, same at Dortmund, he wants to get paid the most money and win as many personal accolades as possible, those are his first 2 motivations. He’s a ice cold operator is Lewa. He doesn't even hide it. 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16884 on: July 19, 2022, 01:09:08 pm »
Big blow for Dortmund with Haller having a testicular tumour diagnosed. Obviously good work from the medical team but very strange that Ajax never got it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16885 on: July 19, 2022, 01:36:36 pm »
Big blow for Dortmund with Haller having a testicular tumour diagnosed. Obviously good work from the medical team but very strange that Ajax never got it.

yeah really bad that, hopefully Seb Haller has a full recovery and is back playing as soon as he’s ready.

And for sure a massive blow for BVB, but thankfully for Haller that he moved there and got the diagnosis!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #16886 on: July 19, 2022, 07:00:17 pm »
Best wishes to Sébastien Haller, hopefully it's detected early enough for his odds to be good at this stage. Terrible thing to happen. Stay strong!

De Ligt officially confirmed at Bayern München. Hard to believe he's only 22. Definitely a major statement signing to make. Also would seem like Juventus are imploding from the inside out appearing to being in financial ruins after the Ronaldo gamble.
Linudden.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16887 on: July 19, 2022, 07:19:31 pm »

All those titles in all those years is not at all crazy in Germany though - if you play for Bayern. They are basically league winners before the first ball of the season has been kicked in most years. Not to take away that Lewandowski has achieved big things in his career, but he was also never really attached to Munich as a club. He went there for the easy trophies and money, which of course from his point of view worked out perfectly.

Also, all the best to Sébastien Haller. Terrible news for him and his family. Hopefully he will beat this and make a full recovery.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #16888 on: July 19, 2022, 07:21:42 pm »
Bayern won a lot before 2013, but I feel that Lewandowski and Guardiola were those who really cemented their status as completely dominant.

It's worth noting that between 1998 and 2012 Bayern only won the league eight out of fifteen attempts.

Take Lewandowski out of the equation in 2019 and Dortmund would've won the title that year.
Linudden.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16889 on: July 19, 2022, 07:21:44 pm »
All those titles in all those years is not at all crazy in Germany though - if you play for Bayern. They are basically league winners before the first ball of the season has been kicked in most years. Not to take away that Lewandowski has achieved big things in his career, but he was also never really attached to Munich as a club. He went there for the easy trophies and money, which of course from his point of view worked out perfectly.

he won 2 of them with Dortmund :lmao

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16890 on: July 30, 2022, 08:01:06 pm »
RB Leipzig - Bayern in the DFL Supercup on at the minute. Bayern winning 1-0 after half an hour.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16891 on: July 30, 2022, 08:03:46 pm »
And Mane just scored to make it 2-0.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16892 on: July 30, 2022, 09:24:07 pm »
3-4 in the Super Cup now.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16893 on: August 5, 2022, 07:37:15 pm »
Mane starts c'mon the hotdogs.tut tut  naughty boys and their smoke bombs.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 07:40:22 pm by Boston always unofficial »

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #16894 on: August 5, 2022, 07:45:30 pm »
10 mins in and Bayern have already won the title

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #16895 on: August 5, 2022, 08:23:49 pm »
5-0 up in 45 minutes against the Europa League champions :lmao

What a league.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #16896 on: August 5, 2022, 08:25:12 pm »
Most teams capitulate before they even get on the pitch against Bayern.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16897 on: August 5, 2022, 08:31:10 pm »
League full of bratwurst farmers, Mane might score 40 this season.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #16898 on: August 5, 2022, 08:39:19 pm »
Should be a bigger threat in the CL this season (although jury still out on Nagelsman at that level) but the problem with Bayern is they have the league sewn up that early they lose their edge in the CL later stages.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16899 on: August 5, 2022, 08:44:14 pm »
Watched the first 20 mins of that, and that’s the last league minutes of Bayern I’ll watch this season.

Utterly tedious.

Time for the other teams’ to just forfeit their games agains them and save the hassle and risk of injury and save the fans some money.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #16900 on: August 5, 2022, 09:02:51 pm »
1-5 at the mo. Frankfurt comeback.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16901 on: August 5, 2022, 09:15:24 pm »
Really wouldn't be surprised to see Mane score 30

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16902 on: August 5, 2022, 09:29:31 pm »
Worse than the SPL. At least that used to have 2 competitive teams with shit others.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16903 on: August 5, 2022, 11:46:23 pm »
I reckon Bayern might win the league this year.

Offline A Langheck

• Kemlynite
« Reply #16904 on: August 6, 2022, 10:42:18 am »
I've lost count of the number of first night Bundesliga games Bayern have run riot; I can certainly recall Schalke, Bremen, Hamburg and now SGE...and there are others. I'm sure Xabi scored the first goal of the 2016/17 season in another drubbing, but I can't remember who the opposition were.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16905 on: August 6, 2022, 05:01:26 pm »
New season, same Hertha. Thrashed by Union really.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16906 on: August 6, 2022, 06:16:53 pm »
Flippin thru the channels on tv Dortmund game is on ABC! Did not know that 1-0 almost half time.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16907 on: August 6, 2022, 08:36:41 pm »
Flippin thru the channels on tv Dortmund game is on ABC! Did not know that 1-0 almost half time.

Kidding me, ABC has Bundesliga rights stateside?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16908 on: August 6, 2022, 08:48:50 pm »
Who’s got the rights in the UK these days? I know it was BT then Sky last season but couldn’t see the Dortmund game on their listings so had to endure the ev.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #16909 on: August 6, 2022, 08:59:17 pm »
Kidding me, ABC has Bundesliga rights stateside?

ESPN has had the rights for a couple of years now and even last season they had a few select games on ABC.

And it went from that game to a 30 minute ESPN FC and now Atlanta v Seattle is on.

A whole day of Soccer on ABC, crazy world.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 09:00:48 pm by Dave McCoy »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #16910 on: August 6, 2022, 10:03:19 pm »
Hertha still a shitshow. However, I still think this is the year Augsburg are definitely going down

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16911 on: August 6, 2022, 10:34:54 pm »
Who’s got the rights in the UK these days? I know it was BT then Sky last season but couldn’t see the Dortmund game on their listings so had to endure the ev.

Still sky. Last season they were only doing one game a week, and they have tomorrows game on, so maybe decided not to show dortmund?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #16912 on: August 6, 2022, 11:05:38 pm »
Dortmund was on Sky and they have both games tomorrow, so looks like they're upping their coverage now full crowds are back.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16913 on: August 8, 2022, 03:57:46 pm »
ESPN has had the rights for a couple of years now and even last season they had a few select games on ABC.

And it went from that game to a 30 minute ESPN FC and now Atlanta v Seattle is on.

A whole day of Soccer on ABC, crazy world.

They can't be doing a good job advertising the games then.I was watching the Minnesota v Portland game last Saturday and don't remember an ad for the Dortmund game,course i could of been distracted and not paying attention!Anyway Derek Rae was pissing me off with his "I can speak german"pronounciation during the commentary.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16914 on: August 8, 2022, 04:52:36 pm »
Derek Rae seems a likeable man but I find him impossible to listen to now. He completely overdoes it with every single name, stadium and German word and I can safely say after teaching myself German to a reasonable standard I’ve never heard anybody pronounce these words like he does. It’s so fake and I wish he’d pack it in.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #16915 on: August 8, 2022, 05:26:32 pm »
Derek Rae seems a likeable man but I find him impossible to listen to now. He completely overdoes it with every single name, stadium and German word and I can safely say after teaching myself German to a reasonable standard I’ve never heard anybody pronounce these words like he does. It’s so fake and I wish he’d pack it in.

I think it's definitely gotten worse. I remember he once explained it that he wanted to use the correct pronunciation at all times but now it comes off as if he's trying to sell "authenticity" over the game itself. Granted the Bundesliga is pretty bad at the moment so maybe he feels he has to do it as a reason to watch.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16916 on: August 8, 2022, 06:22:20 pm »

Ah, he drives me fucking nuts him, or at least I think it was him. The one who was doing the Bayern match on Friday.

Wanted to cave my own head in so I didn't have to hear him pronounce Leroy Sane as LEE ROY ZAA NAAYYYY or Kimmich as YOS UA KIMM ICK

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16917 on: August 8, 2022, 06:52:43 pm »
What's that biff called that does the SPL, is it Ian Crocker?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #16918 on: August 8, 2022, 08:26:39 pm »

I just watched a clip of some highlights from the Frankfurt vs. Bayern match and I think it was him (with Didi Hamann as co-commentator). Can see how his pronounciation might become annoying, if you're watching the full 90 minutes. He seems to try to get it right, but it sounds horrible.

Offline A Langheck

• Kemlynite
« Reply #16919 on: August 9, 2022, 11:23:11 am »
Ah, he drives me fucking nuts him, or at least I think it was him. The one who was doing the Bayern match on Friday.

Wanted to cave my own head in so I didn't have to hear him pronounce Leroy Sane as LEE ROY ZAA NAAYYYY or Kimmich as YOS UA KIMM ICK

There's a video on YouTube and he explains why he does it; that is how they are supposed to be pronounced. Kimmich was one of the players he mentioned along with Bruno Fernandj, Ruben Nevsj, Donny Fon der Bake, etc

He also criticised anglo speaking commentators for their ignorance of foreign names.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 11:24:58 am by A Langheck »