Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 2nd - 4th April  (Read 19831 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League Fixtures 2nd - 4th April
« Reply #1120 on: April 5, 2024, 12:02:53 pm »
It was such a deflating defeat for them. From looking at the table, they have a mountain to climb to get top 4 now.

They went from a key morale boosting come from behind victory to falling asunder right at the death and losing in devastating fashion.
That was my feeling as well.  I don't take any pleasure in Chelsea winning but through the prism of what it means for us it's a good result, especially the way it came about.  Coupled with their crap performance and late equaliser conceded against Brentford it's taken the wind out of their sails that the FA Cup result briefly blew into them.

Had they won 3-2 having been 2-0 down they'd be unbearable as would the collective media.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1121 on: April 5, 2024, 12:14:52 pm »
Funny as it is, they'll likely go into the Arsenal game in week 37 with fuck all to play for and potentially an Arsenal win could cost us the league. They'd be well up for taking a beating there.

True but they'd do that anyway they've pretty much done that in a "local derby" so its to be expected.

We need it in our own hands ALWAYS.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1122 on: April 5, 2024, 02:09:14 pm »
Funny as it is, they'll likely go into the Arsenal game in week 37 with fuck all to play for and potentially an Arsenal win could cost us the league. They'd be well up for taking a beating there.

They're so shit and mentally weak I'd rather they had nothing to play for in that game. They're going to lose it either way but at least if they had nothing to play for they wouldn't be able to shit their keks.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.