Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 549139 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #11360 on: March 31, 2022, 02:28:21 pm »
I do, I’ll drink all varieties but tend to favour Reds, specifically Malbec's, Shiraz’s and Cabernet Sauvignon’s. Often have fruitier varieties in at home as my partner likes a lot less types of wine than I do.

Do you support any independent businesses local to you?

Yes. We get coffee at a local coffee shop, which involves walking past a Costa, who buys cakes and stuff from a local supplier, we eat at local restaurants, bars and pubs that are non chain, buy the kids school stuff from a local stationery place and shop for some stuff at the local market. Sadly there are no local sports shops/clothes shops/shoe shops so have to use chains for that.

Do you plan to retire early and what are your future plans (I'm aiming for 60)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #11361 on: March 31, 2022, 03:43:43 pm »
Yes. We get coffee at a local coffee shop, which involves walking past a Costa, who buys cakes and stuff from a local supplier, we eat at local restaurants, bars and pubs that are non chain, buy the kids school stuff from a local stationery place and shop for some stuff at the local market. Sadly there are no local sports shops/clothes shops/shoe shops so have to use chains for that.

Do you plan to retire early and what are your future plans (I'm aiming for 60)

Yes. Early 50's if possible. More likely mid-50's once the kids have finished University (if they go)

I'm early 40's now and probably should have planned for this earlier! A few years ago I did start to get advice from a financial planner/advisor. It doesn't have to be huge amounts you are investing but it's good to get a feel what's do-able and how that can impact your lifestyle and potential retirement as you enter your 50's/60's.

In terms of future, I think I'll be likely to stay living where I am until the kids finish Uni. Can't see myself ever going to live back in Liverpool. My Wife really wants to retire near the coast. Either Norfolk or Suffolk coast primarily. Potential that we go to South east Kent (Whitstable, Broadstairs, Deal etc..) though that drive back to Liverpool to see relatives is a long haul. I'm not sure personally but we've got 10 years or so to decide!

What's the most under rated/little known holiday location in the UK?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11362 on: March 31, 2022, 04:00:12 pm »
The Causeway Coast in Northern Ireland. The whole stretch is unbelievably picturesque. You just have to get lucky and be there for the few nice, sunny days a year. So much space on the beaches compared to the usual touristy spots in England when the weather is good.

What’s the biggest thing you’ve ever broken (body part or inanimate object!)?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #11363 on: March 31, 2022, 05:11:34 pm »

What’s the biggest thing you’ve ever broken (body part or inanimate object!)?
Crashed a stacker truck over a loading bay that was about 6 foot high. Went to its maker straight away.

What was the shortest relationship you had with someone of the opposite sex, or other?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #11364 on: March 31, 2022, 07:16:43 pm »
If we’re classing a relationship with someone as them being an actual girlfriend as opposed to someone you’re ‘seeing’ or ‘dating,’ probably 5 months. Was a friend where we’d known each other a while before, decided to see if we’d work as a couple and it was a car crash. Everything you didn’t give a shit about when you were mates became a massive problem as soon as it was a relationship.

What’s a practical solution to the UK’s current housing crisis? Rather than high-prices estates going up of cramped semis for Ł350k+ and the builder getting away with it because ‘there’s a housing crisis?’
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #11365 on: April 1, 2022, 10:30:40 am »
If we’re classing a relationship with someone as them being an actual girlfriend as opposed to someone you’re ‘seeing’ or ‘dating,’ probably 5 months. Was a friend where we’d known each other a while before, decided to see if we’d work as a couple and it was a car crash. Everything you didn’t give a shit about when you were mates became a massive problem as soon as it was a relationship.

What’s a practical solution to the UK’s current housing crisis? Rather than high-prices estates going up of cramped semis for Ł350k+ and the builder getting away with it because ‘there’s a housing crisis?’

Everyone buying wait it out and for the economy to stabilise and get affordable again as these prices are extortionate and  sellers, don't be greedy with profit. If you bought a house for 100k then why by angry at 120k sale? Abstain, don't give in to Tory greed, young families and people need houses, we aren't all loaded, have some fucking compassion for those not in the housing market just to make money. Is everyone selling REALLY in TRUE NEED of selling? There's a reason the Daily Mail runs articles on house prices: to punish the have nots

Why don't pubs have jukeboxes anymore?
« Last Edit: April 1, 2022, 10:32:57 am by ToneLa »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11366 on: April 1, 2022, 11:25:25 am »
Everyone buying wait it out and for the economy to stabilise and get affordable again as these prices are extortionate and  sellers, don't be greedy with profit. If you bought a house for 100k then why by angry at 120k sale? Abstain, don't give in to Tory greed, young families and people need houses, we aren't all loaded, have some fucking compassion for those not in the housing market just to make money. Is everyone selling REALLY in TRUE NEED of selling? There's a reason the Daily Mail runs articles on house prices: to punish the have nots

Why don't pubs have jukeboxes anymore?
Expensive to maintain and they have a limited selection compared to more modern streaming options? Still doesn't seem a definitive answer as to why. There's the odd one you see, but most are still around as a novelty. There's a bar I like in Chester where there's a digital jukebox that has Spotify on it and is free to use, queues songs and you can't skip anything. Pretty good.

Did you really love a band or film as a kid that you grew up to realise were/was/is shite?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11367 on: April 1, 2022, 11:35:10 am »
Expensive to maintain and they have a limited selection compared to more modern streaming options? Still doesn't seem a definitive answer as to why. There's the odd one you see, but most are still around as a novelty. There's a bar I like in Chester where there's a digital jukebox that has Spotify on it and is free to use, queues songs and you can't skip anything. Pretty good.

Did you really love a band or film as a kid that you grew up to realise were/was/is shite?

Bands - obvious answer is probably Oasis. They’re probably not shit but I haven’t actively listened to their stuff in a long time. I was 15 when Definitely Maybe came out and was well into them in those early years. Noel being a bit of a twat and City knobhead has probably helped change my views in recent years. If I do hear Live Forever or Slide Away I am instantly taken back to that time of my life so I wouldn’t say they’re shite, just not as good as I probably once thought.

Films - Again, haven’t watched them in ages but I doubt the likes of Dumb and Dumber or Austin Powers would seem quite as funny now as I thought they were back then. Won’t stop me quoting D&D at any given opportunity though. :D

What’s the one TV programme from your youth that makes you most nostalgic?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11368 on: April 1, 2022, 11:37:25 am »

A tv show, The Dukes of Hazzard, loved it as a kid, and I find the fact embarrassing now.

If you were in the Liverpool first team, with the associated salary, daily commute to Kirkby etc, where would you live ?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #11369 on: April 1, 2022, 11:40:25 am »
If you were in the Liverpool first team, with the associated salary, daily commute to Kirkby etc, where would you live ?

Probably Caldy way, something round West Kirby/nice bits of the Wirral.

Which do you prefer, zebra or pelican crossings?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11370 on: April 1, 2022, 11:44:43 am »
Possibly in the next village over from where I do now. Equally beautiful countryside but far nicer and bigger houses. You need Ł1m+ for a house there. Failing that, probably as they all do, Formby. I can get to Kirkby in 45 minutes from where I live, so probably the first answer.

Would you move area completely if money was no object?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11371 on: April 1, 2022, 11:49:06 am »
Possibly in the next village over from where I do now. Equally beautiful countryside but far nicer and bigger houses. You need Ł1m+ for a house there. Failing that, probably as they all do, Formby. I can get to Kirkby in 45 minutes from where I live, so probably the first answer.

Would you move area completely if money was no object?

Long time ago yes, now no *.. I moved from Southport to Manchester for love (being 300 yds and not 40 miles from the office played no part in the decision :) ) but where we live now has great access to the motorway and Manc airport is 10 minutes away, town centre has loads of bars and restaurants, its a great place to live.

* If we divorced though, I'd be off like a shot ;D

With the new tariffs have you started wandering around the house turning everything electrical off, changed how you do things?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11372 on: April 1, 2022, 12:00:08 pm »
Long time ago yes, now no *.. I moved from Southport to Manchester for love (being 300 yds and not 40 miles from the office played no part in the decision :) ) but where we live now has great access to the motorway and Manc airport is 10 minutes away, town centre has loads of bars and restaurants, its a great place to live.

* If we divorced though, I'd be off like a shot ;D

With the new tariffs have you started wandering around the house turning everything electrical off, changed how you do things?
I was already quite careful but yeah I've taken it one step farther, bit more severe now. Stuff like the TV and Xbox are off at the plug when not using them. Every plug in the house is off unless I'm using the appliance there and then. Changed some of the lightbulbs too. Probably pointless as I'm having an extension put up and a new kitchen so the builders are running their tools all day and charging them on our sockets.

Probably Caldy way, something round West Kirby/nice bits of the Wirral.

Which do you prefer, zebra or pelican crossings?
Zebra.

What's the biggest bargain you've ever had?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11373 on: April 1, 2022, 12:04:03 pm »

Couple of years ago we went to Kos. The missus dad knows the manager at a resort and basically there are four hotels, all-inclusive, on the same grounds and of increasing standards (2-5*). We booked for about Ł200 each for eight days in the 2* on the basis that they knew it'd be closed and we'd be automatically bumped up to the 5* resort.

What was your favourite track/field event at school?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11374 on: April 1, 2022, 12:07:40 pm »
Couple of years ago we went to Kos. The missus dad knows the manager at a resort and basically there are four hotels, all-inclusive, on the same grounds and of increasing standards (2-5*). We booked for about Ł200 each for eight days in the 2* on the basis that they knew it'd be closed and we'd be automatically bumped up to the 5* resort.

What was your favourite track/field event at school?
Used to do pretty well at 800m - 3000m.

Do you ever eat microwave meals?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11375 on: April 1, 2022, 12:09:40 pm »
I was already quite careful but yeah I've taken it one step farther, bit more severe now. Stuff like the TV and Xbox are off at the plug when not using them. Every plug in the house is off unless I'm using the appliance there and then. Changed some of the lightbulbs too. Probably pointless as I'm having an extension put up and a new kitchen so the builders are running their tools all day and charging them on our sockets.
Zebra.

booked a  cheap lads holiday in Magaluf  2/3* type, years ago, stipulated basic wheelchair access.
get to hotel and it was flat except there were 3 steps to get to the lifts, so they moved all 6 of us to this well posh place where a young Denise Van Outen and Julien Clary were staying. so got a luxury holiday for peanuts.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11376 on: April 1, 2022, 12:16:24 pm »

booked a  cheap lads holiday in Magaluf  2/3* type, years ago, stipulated basic wheelchair access.
get to hotel and it was flat except there were 3 steps to get to the lifts, so they moved all 6 of us to this well posh place where a young Denise Van Outen and Julien Clary were staying. so got a luxury holiday for peanuts.

Ive just listened to a podcast with James Acaster and Ed Gamble, where you pick a 3 course meal of anything you want
Bob Mortiimor had
Starter - An Odean Hot dog
Main  - chicken vindaloo with proper chips
Pudding - syrup sponge and Custard
Side order -Turbutt

Drink  - a citrus craft beer
Whats yours ?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11377 on: April 1, 2022, 12:27:48 pm »
Used to do pretty well at 800m - 3000m.

Do you ever eat microwave meals?

Not as much now to be fair, still do baked beans in the microwave.

Whats the most 'dangerous' thing you'd do involving animals (no Effes, no)?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11378 on: April 1, 2022, 12:34:23 pm »
Microwaved meals are horrible. Refuse to own microwave ;D

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11379 on: April 1, 2022, 02:01:57 pm »
Hi mods, I want to run something by you?

I know this site is not  primarily a  selling site, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

It's not how I wanted to approach it, but anyhow.
I haven't been on here regularly, for a while as my priorities have changed somewhat in recent times, to say the least.

In 2019 I was diagnosed with Parkansonism. What's that! I hear you ssay? Well, it means I've heen diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease but they cover all the branches, as they don't yet have enough data.

I am getting rid of my L.F.C. kits.

Being  that this is one of the biggest Liverpool sites around, I want your permission to use this site to sell them. (see examples at end)

I have approx 300 kits to get rid of, and i know it sets a difficult president to set, but I thought I'd ask you, as a one off.

So mull it  round, talk about it in the staff room etc. ;)

It 'll only allow me 1  picture @ 200kb.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2022, 02:09:41 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11380 on: April 1, 2022, 03:02:49 pm »
Hi mods, I want to run something by you?

I know this site is not  primarily a  selling site, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

It's not how I wanted to approach it, but anyhow.
I haven't been on here regularly, for a while as my priorities have changed somewhat in recent times, to say the least.

In 2019 I was diagnosed with Parkansonism. What's that! I hear you ssay? Well, it means I've heen diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease but they cover all the branches, as they don't yet have enough data.

I am getting rid of my L.F.C. kits.

Being  that this is one of the biggest Liverpool sites around, I want your permission to use this site to sell them. (see examples at end)

I have approx 300 kits to get rid of, and i know it sets a difficult president to set, but I thought I'd ask you, as a one off.

So mull it  round, talk about it in the staff room etc. ;)

It 'll only allow me 1  picture @ 200kb.

You'll need to put this in https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337484.0 as that is an Ask The MOds thread, it may not be picked up in here unless reported
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11381 on: April 1, 2022, 03:47:33 pm »
Not as much now to be fair, still do baked beans in the microwave.

Whats the most 'dangerous' thing you'd do involving animals (no Effes, no)?
I'm probably a bit of a coward in a rational sense with animals. I love cats and dogs and have swam with like turtles and sting rays but I wouldn't do one of those shark cage experiences. Anything with something toxic or dangerous I'm probably not interested. Didn't like it when we were in Mexico, we walked past this place in Playacar that was selling photos with sedated animals. An adolescent lion was freaking out, didn't hang around to see what they did because it looked dangerous.

Do you have a cat or dog, and are you strict with it or soft?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11382 on: April 1, 2022, 05:48:04 pm »
I'm probably a bit of a coward in a rational sense with animals. I love cats and dogs and have swam with like turtles and sting rays but I wouldn't do one of those shark cage experiences. Anything with something toxic or dangerous I'm probably not interested. Didn't like it when we were in Mexico, we walked past this place in Playacar that was selling photos with sedated animals. An adolescent lion was freaking out, didn't hang around to see what they did because it looked dangerous.

Do you have a cat or dog, and are you strict with it or soft?
We have a 12-year-old moggie and we spoil him to death.

What's you most listened to genre of music?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11383 on: April 1, 2022, 06:55:04 pm »
We have a 12-year-old moggie and we spoil him to death.

What's you most listened to genre of music?

Over the years it's probably reggae and it's various sub-genres

What's your most hated genre of music? 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11384 on: April 1, 2022, 07:38:45 pm »
Over the years it's probably reggae and it's various sub-genres

What's your most hated genre of music?

rap/hip hop/modern RnB, closely followed by Country and Western

What now defunct band would you most like to see again (can include dead people)  and would you want a Tour or an new Album ?(cant have both)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11385 on: April 1, 2022, 08:00:46 pm »
The Smiths, Tour, but only in their original incarnation. I don’t want to see the current version of Morrissey up there.

What artist or creator’s work do you like a lot but them as a person causes you issues? See above for me, also Kanye West.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11386 on: April 1, 2022, 08:09:01 pm »

What artist or creator’s work do you like a lot but them as a person causes you issues? See above for me, also Kanye West.

ex Deep Purple, Rainbow guitarist, Ritchie Blackmore.

Always been a giant of a guitarist and is still a massive influence on my playing style.
Would I want to go for a pint and a natter with the miserable fucker?
Absolutely not.

Most famous person you would want to go for a pint and a natter with?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11387 on: April 1, 2022, 08:40:24 pm »
Jürgen Klopp or Jemaine Clement. Probably the boss.

If you could assassinate a member of the current cabinet with absolutely no punishment whatsoever, just the ethical issues, would you, and who would it be?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11388 on: April 1, 2022, 08:46:07 pm »
Jürgen Klopp or Jemaine Clement. Probably the boss.

If you could assassinate a member of the current cabinet with absolutely no punishment whatsoever, just the ethical issues, would you, and who would it be?
Not so Priti Patel, But I would ask Mogg to stand directly behind her.

If you could go back in time and change one thing that affected you, what would that be?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #11389 on: April 4, 2022, 09:52:41 am »
Not so Priti Patel, But I would ask Mogg to stand directly behind her.

If you could go back in time and change one thing that affected you, what would that be?

(lol I sound miserable in this post)

Nothing, I don't know how you'd do it without knockons. Like my mum died of cancer, I'd undo that, but can't choose an alternative way to go, she had to die sometime. My old man's just gone into a home for dementia, I wish he never got that I suppose. They're not Me things though. I don't live a life of regret. I'd be alright if I wasn't born. I mean I wouldn't be here to mind would I? That way, any additional problems... Well, you'd all find a way to cope  ;D

What should be considered before having children in the current era (so presuming you can plan it)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2022, 10:16:16 am by ToneLa »

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11390 on: April 4, 2022, 10:51:21 am »
What should be considered before having children in the current era (so presuming you can plan it)

probably mental health if nothing else. I think there are lot of things to consider, money, housing, support network etc are all the obvious ones. Mental health for me should be a serious one. If you struggle with life in how you feel now, then kids could make it better ie something to live for and make you focus, or alternatively add loads of pressure to an already difficult life. Ive seen many difficult children never have the first chance in life as their home life is just so difficult and their options and choices are so limited due to parents who just struggle.

favorite album you like going back to from time to time

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11391 on: April 4, 2022, 10:59:21 am »
probably mental health if nothing else. I think there are lot of things to consider, money, housing, support network etc are all the obvious ones. Mental health for me should be a serious one. If you struggle with life in how you feel now, then kids could make it better ie something to live for and make you focus, or alternatively add loads of pressure to an already difficult life. Ive seen many difficult children never have the first chance in life as their home life is just so difficult and their options and choices are so limited due to parents who just struggle.

favorite album you like going back to from time to time

Radiator - Super Furry Animals. Quirky, catchy, great harmonies and a throwback to more carefree university days.

Who scored the first goal at Anfield for a game you were at (Phil Neal for me)?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #11392 on: April 4, 2022, 11:41:59 am »
Radiator - Super Furry Animals. Quirky, catchy, great harmonies and a throwback to more carefree university days.

Steve McManaman, Liverpool 2-0 Arsenal in August 1996 in that Stewart Houston lull before Wenger came in. I remember asking my dad on the way home who the new Arsenal manager was and his reply was "Some French fella who's managing in Japan, he won't last long."

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/2070

How good are you at kicking with your weaker foot?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11393 on: April 4, 2022, 11:48:35 am »

Great question. Had to look that one up. David Johnson. 1978 v Derby, 5-0, amazingly the highlights are on Youtube

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11394 on: April 4, 2022, 12:52:09 pm »
Steve McManaman, Liverpool 2-0 Arsenal in August 1996 in that Stewart Houston lull before Wenger came in. I remember asking my dad on the way home who the new Arsenal manager was and his reply was "Some French fella who's managing in Japan, he won't last long."

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/2070

How good are you at kicking with your weaker foot?
Terrible, I'd be lucky if I can manage a 5ft pass with my left.

Excluding any trophy wins, what is the happiest you've ever been as a Liverpool fan?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11395 on: April 4, 2022, 12:55:18 pm »
Terrible, I'd be lucky if I can manage a 5ft pass with my left.

Excluding any trophy wins, what is the happiest you've ever been as a Liverpool fan?

It seems really obvious, but Alissons winner last season is very hard to beat. Just such a shitshow of a season and then all of a sudden we were in the box seat for finishing 3rd. If we got a new contract for Klopp I think that'd be an easy winner. God returning was a very happy day too but always had a bit of a caveat that we all knew he wasn't the same one that left.

Whats the highest you've ever climbed (not just a tall building)?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11396 on: April 4, 2022, 01:28:58 pm »

Whats the highest you've ever climbed (not just a tall building)?

Mountaineering - 4,167 metres - Mount Toubkal in Morocco

Rock climbing - 115 metres - Wrecker's Slab -Cornwall

What's the longest trek/hike you've done? 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11397 on: April 4, 2022, 02:25:20 pm »

What's the longest trek/hike you've done? 

140 miles - Annaupurna Circuit in Nepal (including Pisang Peak 6000m)

do you want to do any long distance hikes

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11398 on: April 4, 2022, 03:44:51 pm »
Walked the whole West Highland Way which I believe is just shy of 100 miles. Took a week with plenty of stops.

What’s the best scenery in the UK?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11399 on: April 4, 2022, 03:50:38 pm »

What’s the best scenery in the UK?
Anywhere up in the Lakes.

What's your worst habit?