Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1895529 times)

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #30320 on: August 23, 2022, 05:16:46 am »
A fix?, yeah, Usman is definitely going to agree to throw the fight that will take him level with Silva for consecutive wins, this stuff happens, Glover was on track to win a few months ago, even later in the fight and Jiri got him with a RNC.

Exactly it’s just ridiculous to even insinuate. It’s MMA these things happen anybody can get got at any moment no matter how easy it may look for them at the time.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30321 on: August 23, 2022, 02:41:10 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XgjIH8qgyH0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XgjIH8qgyH0</a>

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30322 on: August 25, 2022, 12:25:24 am »
What would everyone's top 5 of all time be? I'd go;

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Anderson
5. DC

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30323 on: August 25, 2022, 12:58:19 am »

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Anderson
5. DC
I'd have Khabib in there for sure.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30324 on: August 25, 2022, 01:33:09 am »
I'd have Khabib in there for sure.

I was debating Khabib at 5th with DC but think DC having the two weights in ufc and winning the Strikeforce grand prix put him above him.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30325 on: August 25, 2022, 02:50:56 am »

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Anderson
5. DC

Don’t know about the order but only one I would change would be Nunes for DC. Usman probably the other active fighter that has the potential to leapfrog into the top 5 by the end of his career.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 04:33:48 am by Rosario »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30326 on: August 25, 2022, 01:32:43 pm »
Don’t know about the order but only one I would change would be Nunes for DC. Usman probably the other active fighter that has the potential to leapfrog into the top 5 by the end of his career.
Needs to beat Edwards for that to happen, and maybe take on Chimaev. Once he beats those two, he's in the top 5 no questions asked. I like Khabib but his career was just too short so his spot is always in question. Makes top 10 easy though.

Jones is probably number 2 for me, his doping records weighs him down. But if he cleanly beats Miocic and Ngannou, he's easily the GOAT.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30327 on: August 25, 2022, 01:58:08 pm »
Needs to beat Edwards for that to happen, and maybe take on Chimaev. Once he beats those two, he's in the top 5 no questions asked. I like Khabib but his career was just too short so his spot is always in question. Makes top 10 easy though.

Jones is probably number 2 for me, his doping records weighs him down. But if he cleanly beats Miocic and Ngannou, he's easily the GOAT.

That’s what I had in mind when I was thinking about Usman potentially leapfrogging into the top 5 and probably taking over from GSP as the best welterweight of all time. Khabib definitely isn’t there for me his  career at the top of the sport was too short for me to hold him in that regard, but makes too 10 for sure.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30328 on: August 25, 2022, 05:44:54 pm »

Khabib should be top 5, as he absolutely dominated a very tough division of fighters, Poirer, Gaethje, McGregor, RDA, just a shame he didn't face Ferguson at his peak, and was just retiring when Oliviera was becoming a top contender, who was there left fof him to fight?

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30329 on: August 31, 2022, 12:39:25 am »
Khabib should be top 5, as he absolutely dominated a very tough division of fighters, Poirer, Gaethje, McGregor, RDA, just a shame he didn't face Ferguson at his peak, and was just retiring when Oliviera was becoming a top contender, who was there left fof him to fight?

Do you mean left for him to fight now? Olives is one as you mention, Volk moving up is another. I also think a lot of the top 10 right now don't actually belong there they are just hanging on and refusing to fight down. Dariush, Fiziev, Gamrot, Tsarukyan, Turner, Ismagulov, Guram, Alvarez, Topuria would all give him something to think about.

Lightweight has so many killers! by far the best division.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #30330 on: August 31, 2022, 02:23:31 pm »

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Anderson
5. DC

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Jones
4. Anderson
5. Khabib

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30331 on: September 3, 2022, 11:09:50 pm »
What a fight
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30332 on: September 3, 2022, 11:15:13 pm »
Gane was so composed and lethal with his jabs and kicks. Picked each one perfectly and did serious damage each time, even after getting heavily rocked
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30333 on: September 3, 2022, 11:17:02 pm »
Yeah great fight. Awesome atmosphere as well, they’ll defo be going back to Paris again.

Online Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30334 on: September 3, 2022, 11:40:51 pm »
What a fight. Insane second and the third rounds.
Gane's sportsmanship was nice to see. Brought Tai back while it was his stage and made Paris acknowledge & appreciate Tai.

The whole card was great imo. Bobby just picked Vettori apart. Technical Masterclass. Woods fight was another to watch. Abus though, I am aboard that hype train.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #30335 on: September 4, 2022, 03:48:49 am »
What a fight. Insane second and the third rounds.
Gane's sportsmanship was nice to see. Brought Tai back while it was his stage and made Paris acknowledge & appreciate Tai.

The whole card was great imo. Bobby just picked Vettori apart. Technical Masterclass. Woods fight was another to watch. Abus though, I am aboard that hype train.

That main event was off the hook, both men were hurt, tai playing possum in the 3rd before throwing haymakers, gane looked good

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30336 on: September 4, 2022, 03:48:55 am »
Brilliant fight, both fighters gave it their all. Gane did well to recover from the knock down and from then on just chipped away at Tai and eventually stopped him. Brilliant atmosphere, they’ll be back in Paris no doubt.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30337 on: September 4, 2022, 07:03:05 am »
That main event was off the hook, both men were hurt, tai playing possum in the 3rd before throwing haymakers, gane looked good
Seriously mate! I thought it was over for both of the fighters at different times. How they kept going is a wonder. Gane was so methodical once he really calmed down, he was starting to pick Tai apart by the end of the second and then in the third round, he became even more clinical. Yet, I could feel that one of Tai's haymakers could have caught him and it would have been over. Strange fight.

Best fight of the year till now imo.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30338 on: September 4, 2022, 12:44:09 pm »
Gane is a bit good.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30339 on: September 4, 2022, 06:58:10 pm »
Terrific card ...2nd round of the main event, one of the best rounds I've seen all year...great atmosphere too...pissed all over the July London show - they'll be using that venue again for sure.....Magomedov the real deal?.....I should coco....first time I've seen a front kick almost connect with someone's tonsils!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30340 on: September 9, 2022, 01:03:22 am »
Apparently a fight broke out backstage between Diaz team and Khamzat team. I did see a pic of Diaz rolling about 30 deep lol, hopefully fights still on.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #30341 on: September 9, 2022, 01:57:11 am »
Khamzat and Holland apparently, and then escalated to Diaz’s team, conference cancelled.

Hopefully fight is still on though!

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30342 on: September 9, 2022, 06:00:36 am »
Khamzat and Holland apparently, and then escalated to Diaz’s team, conference cancelled.

Hopefully fight is still on though!

The egg head said the fights are on and everybody is fine

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30343 on: September 9, 2022, 08:04:25 am »
Completely gone off Chimaev, guy is as arrogant as they come. Starts fights with almost everyone and is trying way too hard to be a "gangster". Needs to be humbled but Diaz won't be the one. Hope Edwards or Usman get it done.

Offline ganson

• Main Stander
  • Vetlanda Kopite
« Reply #30344 on: September 9, 2022, 08:16:38 am »
Completely gone off Chimaev, guy is as arrogant as they come. Starts fights with almost everyone and is trying way too hard to be a "gangster". Needs to be humbled but Diaz won't be the one. Hope Edwards or Usman get it done.

Also Kadyrovs pet and by that can go f**k himself.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30345 on: September 9, 2022, 01:14:09 pm »
He's a prick, endlessly talking about killing/smashing/taking the head off his opponents, absolute bellend, Diaz is as durable as they come, I don't think he'll win, but Chimaev could gas out in the later rounds and Diaz comes alive late in fights due to his phenomenal endurance, who knows, its Diaz' last UFC fight, wonder if he'll go to Bellator/One/PFL for big money?

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30346 on: September 9, 2022, 01:16:56 pm »
He's a prick, endlessly talking about killing/smashing/taking the head off his opponents, absolute bellend, Diaz is as durable as they come, I don't think he'll win, but Chimaev could gas out in the later rounds and Diaz comes alive late in fights due to his phenomenal endurance, who knows, its Diaz' last UFC fight, wonder if he'll go to Bellator/One/PFL for big money?

Apparently, he's starting his own promotion so he might be done with fighting.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30347 on: September 9, 2022, 01:21:12 pm »
Apparently, he's starting his own promotion so he might be done with fighting.

He’ll end up fighting Jake Paul.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30348 on: September 9, 2022, 01:24:37 pm »
He’ll end up fighting Jake Paul.

Im still hoping for the McGregor trilogy. Both washed up, both mad bastards. It will be entertaining for sure

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30349 on: September 9, 2022, 01:26:01 pm »
Im still hoping for the McGregor trilogy. Both washed up, both mad bastards. It will be entertaining for sure

Can see them having a boxing match at some point, think McGregor only has 2 fights left on his contract.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30350 on: September 9, 2022, 01:26:06 pm »
Chael Sonnen has backed Diaz to win on his YouTube channel.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30351 on: September 9, 2022, 01:45:29 pm »
I think Khamzat mauls him, second round finish. I’m rooting for Li Jingliang as well, he came across really well in the embedded.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30352 on: September 9, 2022, 01:47:19 pm »
I think Khamzat mauls him, second round finish. I’m rooting for Li Jingliang as well, he came across really well in the embedded.
Yeah, Li seems a very humble fella, Diaz has only been TKO'd once in his career, he didn't even get stopped when he got a pasting off Masvidal, tough as old boots.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30353 on: September 9, 2022, 03:01:50 pm »
Yeah, Li seems a very humble fella, Diaz has only been TKO'd once in his career, he didn't even get stopped when he got a pasting off Masvidal, tough as old boots.

True, he is but I just see this one going similar to the Rory fight, I think he gets ragdolled everywhere and the ref stops it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30354 on: September 9, 2022, 03:27:14 pm »
True, he is but I just see this one going similar to the Rory fight, I think he gets ragdolled everywhere and the ref stops it.
It would be a nice Cinderella way for Nate to exit the UFC, with a win over one of the most hyped fighters in all of MMA.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30355 on: September 9, 2022, 05:35:20 pm »
It would be a nice Cinderella way for Nate to exit the UFC, with a win over one of the most hyped fighters in all of MMA.

I have a lot of love for the OGs so would like that but just can't see it. I think this might be one of those sleeper cards where there isn't much hype but its full of bangers.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30356 on: September 9, 2022, 05:45:09 pm »
Looks like Khamzat will miss weight so the fight will be off ffs.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30357 on: September 9, 2022, 05:51:36 pm »
Fuck sake.  Ten pounds off.  :wanker

178.5 .. twat
« Last Edit: September 9, 2022, 06:19:43 pm by RedSamba »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30358 on: September 9, 2022, 06:20:09 pm »
Looks like Khamzat will miss weight so the fight will be off ffs.
8 and a half lbs ffs, can they still have the fight at catch weight?

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30359 on: September 9, 2022, 06:21:13 pm »
8 and a half lbs ffs, can they still have the fight at catch weight?

From what people on twitter are saying is it might be Nate vs Tony now.