Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3097556 times)

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #2960 on: May 26, 2023, 09:06:17 am »
Well one of the claims was the reason we pulled out of Bellingham deal is because we want to quickly sort out our deals. Lets see if we do that or its all bull shit talk.

I think we pulled out of the Bellingham deal because he wanted to go Madrid. So really we were not pulling out as much as he snubbed us.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: May 26, 2023, 09:08:06 am »
I think we pulled out of the Bellingham deal because he wanted to go Madrid. So really we were not pulling out as much as he snubbed us.

Yep, we obviously got wind of his decision so pulled the "concentrating on other things" card.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2962 on: May 26, 2023, 09:08:15 am »

Well that was one reason put up. And if he did snub us, id rather we put that out there than we cant afford him.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2963 on: May 26, 2023, 09:09:33 am »

Exactly Bellingham like 99.9% of players including our own went to whoever paid him the most at the time he was looking to move and this time it wasn’t us.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 09:12:52 am by Rosario »

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: May 26, 2023, 09:11:54 am »
It's pretty wild that people are looking at this season and our midfield's performances and saying, 'yep what we need are 8s and a young project for 6' or even 'we can cope without a 6'. Our midfield has always been built on its legs. If you're adding more technical quality at 8 and asking them to play further forward you need legs even more from your 6. And yet you want to rely on Fabinho who's lost some athleticism and was never the most mobile? As for Klopp being happy... maybe he'll prioritise 8s because we don't have the money for a 6, maybe he's wrong. He was certainly a long way off in his assessment of the midfield at the beginning of this season.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2965 on: May 26, 2023, 09:13:05 am »

That would certainly be more palatable then sacking off a season not improving the midfield and saving our money only to decide we can’t afford him.

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: May 26, 2023, 09:15:24 am »
That would certainly be more palatable then sacking off a season not improving the midfield and saving our money only to decide we can’t afford him.

Still not a great look though. Instead it would be, 'sacking off a season not improving the midfield in the expectation that Bellingham would choose us only to realise that we were wrong'. Incompetence either way. Either we badly misjudged his price or we badly misjudged his intentions.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2967 on: May 26, 2023, 09:16:34 am »
When does the window open? I’m itching to have a moan about our lack of transfer activity.

Why wait? Get in there early doors with the moaning. It’s the only way to be.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2968 on: May 26, 2023, 09:18:53 am »
When does the window open? I’m itching to have a moan about our lack of transfer activity.

12th of June till 1st of September

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #2969 on: May 26, 2023, 09:19:19 am »
Pretty hilarious the median age of this thread is probably close to 40.   ;D

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2970 on: May 26, 2023, 09:20:31 am »
Quotes from Lavia's manager in March. Should we really spend £40mil on 19 year old project midfielder when we already have a top talent here in Bajcetic? He's one of those "25% there" players and we should be putting that £40mil towards someone who is 75% there.

“I will say he’s not impressed me,” said Selles. “He has more football to offer and I expect him to offer more football. He’s not there yet. He needs to step up and move forward.

“Romeo has all the qualities to become a great player, but I don’t think he’s there yet. And this is why he didn’t impress me.

“I have worked with talent and I think to make the next step he needs to show more domination in the games, more domination in possession, more leadership on the pitch if he wants to become the thing that everybody says about him. So he needs to give more for me, more for the team and he needs to show more for himself.

“And it’s nothing that is about him personally, it’s something that the competition is giving to him. So he’s growing through the internal competition and through the competition in the Premier League. So that’s why I say we need to be careful when we talk about kids 17,18 and 19 years old and starting in the Premier League.

“I have no doubt that he will be there but he needs some steps and then everybody around him needs to be calmed down because when you try to make four steps forwards, usually you don’t make the first one.

“So it’s one step at a time. You stay here with us. You perform. You make this team win football matches, you lead this team on the pitch, lead this team in this dressing room. And then when the season finishes and everybody’s in the Premier League, we can think about something else. Because if we don’t make the target together and we start to put individual targets, then we are not going to make it.”

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: May 26, 2023, 09:28:47 am »
Hopefully it turns around, but at the moment our proposed targets look pretty underwhelming in a sense that it is both nowhere near enough to fix what needs fixing and also weight of transfers is misplaced in wrong positions in my opinion. I was hoping and expecting we would sign three first team ready mifdfield players, placing the biggest emphasis (and chunk of money) on a physical, dominant destroyer who can also bring it up the pitch. As it stands we're nowhere near this scenario.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2972 on: May 26, 2023, 09:29:19 am »
Remember when Lavia moved to Southampton in the summer and a few on here were saying it was a FFP scam and more evidence of City's dodgy dealings?  And now he's got loads of top clubs sniffing around him for a much bigger fee.  Southampton knew what they were doing with that transfer.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2973 on: May 26, 2023, 09:29:35 am »
Similar to what I said a few days ago.

Even if we sign another DM, I don't have a problem with Bajcetic development since we'll have enough matches available for everyone to play.
I don't mind Lavia at all. If we do get him and he's a success, we'll have DM sorted for years with a combo of Bajcetic+Lavia.

That position will be sorted years after Klopp has gone(wish he'd change his mind though)

Yes, being in the Europa League gives us the luxury of using Fabinho in the league, and developing Lavia and Bajcetic in the Europa League, the League Cup and the FA Cup. We could have the position sorted for a decade, without spending a fortune on it ...

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2974 on: May 26, 2023, 09:29:38 am »
Why wait? Get in there early doors with the moaning. It’s the only way to be.
Oh great, I’ll go. It’s pathetic the club pay over the odds for players. Why can’t we unearth talents like Brighton do? Gakpo, Harvey, Carvalho, Kelleher, Jones and the likes don’t count.. Look at the Lavia link, he’s not worth £40m right now but he could possibly be one day but he’s going to block the progress of Baj and some of the U16’s waiting to come through. That’s all I have for now :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2975 on: May 26, 2023, 09:30:28 am »
Yes, being in the Europa League gives us the luxury of using Fabinho in the league, and developing Lavia and Bajcetic in the Europa League, the League Cup and the FA Cup. We could have the position sorted for a decade, without spending a fortune on it ...

Nothings ever sorted for a decade.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: May 26, 2023, 09:31:07 am »
Still not a great look though. Instead it would be, 'sacking off a season not improving the midfield in the expectation that Bellingham would choose us only to realise that we were wrong'. Incompetence either way. Either we badly misjudged his price or we badly misjudged his intentions.

Oh absolutely. I guess the assumption off the back of almost winning the quad was that we only need a Bellingham calibre player so worth waiting for. Clearly not the right decision, and not necessarily hindsight either as our problems were obvious to see before last Summers transfer window even closed.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: May 26, 2023, 09:31:24 am »
Bellingham or no Bellingham the primary reason we didn't invest last season was we believed the team that did so well the season before was going to be competitive again.

This is a lot bigger than Bellingham or one window. I do believed we knew there was a huge chance Bellingham wouldn't go to us. It's about chronic underinvestment catching up with us, leaving us exposed to elements of bad luck (injuries and Fab's drop off). We thought that we still had enough for one more season before the midfield overhaul and were very wrong.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2978 on: May 26, 2023, 09:31:43 am »
Hopefully it turns around, but at the moment our proposed targets look pretty underwhelming in a sense that it is both nowhere near enough to fix what needs fixing and also weight of transfers is misplaced in wrong positions in my opinion. I was hoping and expecting we would sign three first team ready mifdfield players, placing the biggest emphasis (and chunk of money) on a physical, dominant destroyer who can also bring it up the pitch. As it stands we're nowhere near this scenario.

Its quite clear we are still scouring the market. The idea that we do all these deals in advance is a distant memory. Now its a case of seeing all the players and trying to sort out the best deals for us.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2979 on: May 26, 2023, 09:34:01 am »
Nothings ever sorted for a decade.

Well, I've sorted my life for the past 30 years (and hopefully for many more, health permitting) when I've met my wife ...

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2980 on: May 26, 2023, 09:34:49 am »
Well, I've sorted my life for the past 30 years (and hopefully for many more, health permitting) when I've met my wife ...

In the football context, no position is sorted for a decade. Unless you have Steven Gerrard.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: May 26, 2023, 09:36:12 am »
Its quite clear we are still scouring the market. The idea that we do all these deals in advance is a distant memory. Now its a case of seeing all the players and trying to sort out the best deals for us.

We shall see obviously. We simply must not again enter a season relying too heavily on Fabinho and Henderson. First of all it's not fair to expect this from them, they can't keep up with the tempo any longer and have played their legs off in the recent seasons. Use them fresh, sporadically and in suitable games. Get fresh and fully capable players in to deputise. Time for projects was last three transfer windows - we chose not to act.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: May 26, 2023, 09:48:09 am »
Quotes from Lavia's manager in March. Should we really spend £40mil on 19 year old project midfielder when we already have a top talent here in Bajcetic? He's one of those "25% there" players and we should be putting that £40mil towards someone who is 75% there.

That's Romeo done

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: May 26, 2023, 09:51:59 am »

The angst that people have about transfer rumours is completely out of proportion though. It's one thing to see us linked with a player and say "I hope we don't sign him, I don't rate him" but at the moment it's turning into anger at our recruitment which is absurd, because we sign about 2% of the players we're actually linked with.

You say it's quite clear we're scouring the market. No it isn't. We have such little idea of what is happening behind the scenes. Gakpo wasn't linked until he signed, Nunez was out of nowhere, we clearly are still able to keep a lot of our transfer movements under wraps. So let's at least wait for the season to end shall we?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2984 on: May 26, 2023, 09:54:57 am »

Yes I agree. As it stands, on May 26th, the transfer business we've done in the summer transfer window of 2023 has not solved enough of our problems.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2985 on: May 26, 2023, 09:55:53 am »
The angst that people have about transfer rumours is completely out of proportion though. It's one thing to see us linked with a player and say "I hope we don't sign him, I don't rate him" but at the moment it's turning into anger at our recruitment which is absurd, because we sign about 2% of the players we're actually linked with.

You say it's quite clear we're scouring the market. No it isn't. We have such little idea of what is happening behind the scenes. Gakpo wasn't linked until he signed, Nunez was out of nowhere, we clearly are still able to keep a lot of our transfer movements under wraps. So let's at least wait for the season to end shall we?

Wouldn't say Nunez was out of nowhere, he played well against us and then was linked with us ever since. I think he was one of those buys under the strategy of if they play well against us then lets buy them.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2986 on: May 26, 2023, 09:56:35 am »

I would rather spend 20-25m on Alex Scott if we are looking for a project signing.

40m is far too much for Lavia.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:21 am »
Wouldn't say Nunez was out of nowhere, he played well against us and then was linked with us ever since. I think he was one of those buys under the strategy of if they play well against us then lets buy them.

I think Nunez will be a decent player. But that's a terrible strategy.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2988 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:44 am »
I would rather spend 20-25m on Alex Scott if we are looking for a project signing.

Yup.  I'd rather see us get an experienced, or at least close to finished article in as a 6.  Alex Scott looks really suited to one of the two roaming 10 positions in our current setup.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2989 on: May 26, 2023, 09:58:22 am »

If the frustration was just about this window and we were still getting most things right on and off the pitch this would be reasonable but the frustration goes back a lot longer and so the angst is mostly in light of that. We need to withhold judgement about this window certainly but anger at our recruitment, or rather total lack of it in crucial areas, is totally reasonable.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2990 on: May 26, 2023, 09:59:03 am »

Do people genuinely believe that's a thing that actually happens?  Absolute myth that is. No player is unknown these days

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2991 on: May 26, 2023, 10:01:16 am »
Yup.  I'd rather see us get an experienced, or at least close to finished article in as a 6.  Alex Scott looks really suited to one of the two roaming 10 positions in our current setup.

I'd like us to get Scott as well, but has there been any proper links with him?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2992 on: May 26, 2023, 10:01:38 am »
@MaddockMirror
Klopp admits there could be a delay for new signings, but said it's no problem.

"The better the player you want, the lesser the desire of the club to let him go, so we are prepared for it,- if we have to wait 6-7 weeks (for a signing) it is not a game changer".

Interesting comments, wonder who he's talking about.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: May 26, 2023, 10:02:54 am »
Remember when Lavia moved to Southampton in the summer and a few on here were saying it was a FFP scam and more evidence of City's dodgy dealings?  And now he's got loads of top clubs sniffing around him for a much bigger fee.  Southampton knew what they were doing with that transfer.

If they sell him for £40 million that should just about offset what they paid City for him, Bazunu, Larios and Edozie.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: May 26, 2023, 10:02:58 am »
@MaddockMirror

"The better the player you want, the lesser the desire of the club to let him go, so we are prepared for it,- if we have to wait 6-7 weeks (for a signing) it is not a game changer".

He was just talking generally, said he'd prefer them in tomorrow but doesn't really matter as long as they are ready to go for pre season.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2995 on: May 26, 2023, 10:03:17 am »
Do people genuinely believe that's a thing that actually happens?  Absolute myth that is. No player is unknown these days

It can have a big influence when you have a manager led recruitment strategy  … for it not to would be an argument against subjective bias (as in coaches / managers are capable of perfect objectivity)
Klopp confirmed it with Nunez for example
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:05:22 am by JackWard33 »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2996 on: May 26, 2023, 10:03:53 am »
@MaddockMirror

100% that means Gravenberch. I would be happy for that, he is great.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2997 on: May 26, 2023, 10:05:13 am »

I mean they got relegated and have lost a lot of money due to that, so I wouldn't call it a particularly sound strategy

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2998 on: May 26, 2023, 10:05:17 am »

See Minamino and Nunez.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: May 26, 2023, 10:06:11 am »

We are 5th, out of the CL, fucked up the last two transfer windows and our primary target we found out we couldnt afford. There will be a bit of angst.

Dont get me wrong, it would be silly if we have come 2nd or 3rd. But we havent, we have had a shite season.