Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3097424 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #2880 on: May 26, 2023, 12:19:43 am »
I will never understand why people are making posts like this ...

Are we allowed to post this under your relentless macallister heat maps or Bellingham's tax free wage posts?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2881 on: May 26, 2023, 12:20:25 am »
The net is not a lot for a team like us.

What about the wage bill? Or that is not important, because it doesn't suit your agenda ...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2882 on: May 26, 2023, 12:21:15 am »
What about the wage bill? Or that is not important, because it doesn't suit your agenda ...
Are we obliged to let out-of-favour players run down their contracts?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2883 on: May 26, 2023, 12:24:37 am »
Are we obliged to let out-of-favour players run down their contracts?

Of course we are. You do understand that contracts work both ways, don't you?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: May 26, 2023, 12:25:28 am »
It is okay to dream, Dream as much as you want.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2885 on: May 26, 2023, 12:25:42 am »
Of course we are. You do understand that contracts work both ways, don't you?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: May 26, 2023, 12:26:06 am »
Are we allowed to post this under your relentless macallister heat maps or Bellingham's tax free wage posts?

You can always ignore me, like I am ignoring you most of the time ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: May 26, 2023, 12:27:24 am »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, I suppose on Football Manager you can sell players without their consent ...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: May 26, 2023, 12:27:49 am »
Well, I suppose on Football Manager you can sell players without their consent ...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: May 26, 2023, 12:43:29 am »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Obliged is maybe a stretch, but he has a point. If a player wants to see out their contract they can. I can see why someone would want to stick around for as long as possible to be honest.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2890 on: May 26, 2023, 01:07:25 am »
Lavia all depends. If we are keeping Fabinho, it makes sense. In time one will usurp the other. If we are looking to replace Fabinho, we need someone who is a bit further along. The athletic gifts are there with Lavia, and I can see his plus points, but the nous and experience is not there yet, much less the consistency that comes with more maturity.

Lavia for tomorrow, plus two midfielders for today, would be more than fine by me.

Plus a left sided central defender - Colwill, Inacio, Van de Ven, Guehi - have all been linked.

After Salah’s comments after missing out on CL football, I think that’s one to watch, too.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2891 on: May 26, 2023, 01:12:41 am »
This new WM system has the 8's as basically free 8's where we need more attacking output than we would want in the older more rigid setup. Bajcetic so far has not indicated that would be a role suited for him. So again, how does Lavia make any sense unless you're already giving up on Bajcetic?

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #2892 on: May 26, 2023, 01:36:42 am »
This new WM system has the 8's as basically free 8's where we need more attacking output than we would want in the older more rigid setup. Bajcetic so far has not indicated that would be a role suited for him. So again, how does Lavia make any sense unless you're already giving up on Bajcetic?

We probably need 4 DMs for playing in the Europa and domestic cups next season. Lavia and Baj to rotate with Fabinho and Trent. We'll need their legs to do a lot of defensive work.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: May 26, 2023, 01:46:13 am »
Fuckin' Hell! 4 DM's now.  ;D

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #2894 on: May 26, 2023, 01:51:20 am »
Times saying us and Chelsea are in for Lavia.

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1661817232291143680

40 million, get to fuck.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2895 on: May 26, 2023, 01:59:31 am »
Fuckin' Hell! 4 DM's now.  ;D
Just make a buddy list. You can block everyone from messaging ya cept ya closest friends on here

You might not get as many women as Mason Mount sliding in anymore but lets keep you safe buddy first and foremost

Also, theres always Onlyfans if ya wanna give ya Fans content

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2896 on: May 26, 2023, 05:16:01 am »
40 million, get to fuck.

Of course it’s going to be 40 million. If it’s lower Southampton may as well wait a year and sell back to City.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: May 26, 2023, 06:09:20 am »
The mooted prices of pretty average players continue to make our cheap skate backing out on Bellingham look bizarre.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: May 26, 2023, 06:15:56 am »
Lavia all depends. If we are keeping Fabinho, it makes sense. In time one will usurp the other. If we are looking to replace Fabinho, we need someone who is a bit further along. The athletic gifts are there with Lavia, and I can see his plus points, but the nous and experience is not there yet, much less the consistency that comes with more maturity.

Lavia for tomorrow, plus two midfielders for today, would be more than fine by me.

Plus a left sided central defender - Colwill, Inacio, Van de Ven, Guehi - have all been linked.

After Salah’s comments after missing out on CL football, I think that’s one to watch, too.

Yeah, I would expect something like this:

Left sided central defender - Inacio
Defensive midfielder - Lavia
Central midfielder - Mac Allister
Attacking midfielder/forward - Szoboszlai

That would improve all the areas of the team, as Jurgen suggested the other day, at a reasonable price in terms of transfer fees and wages ...

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: May 26, 2023, 06:18:34 am »

That would improve all the areas of the team, as Jurgen suggested the other day, at a reasonable price in terms of transfer fees and wages ...

I'll ask again, as nobody responded last time ;D have there been any links to Szoboszlai at all?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: May 26, 2023, 06:41:56 am »
I'll ask again, as nobody responded last time ;D have there been any links to Szoboszlai at all?

https://twitter.com/fjonberg/status/1661334488578654210

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2901 on: May 26, 2023, 06:45:21 am »
He will be on £350,000 per week after tax at Real Madrid. I doubt that anyone at the club has expected that Bellingham and his father will demand that much ...

Which begs the question, why didn’t anyone make anyone at the club drink the Kool Aid?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2902 on: May 26, 2023, 06:47:35 am »

For me, this would be a good summer. That lot is going to cost at least over 150m with no CL we’d have to make sales and be clever. For instance, selling Morton to Southampton would significantly reduce the Lavia fee.

Also with greater fitness (a proper preseason) the likes of Nunez and Gakpo bedded in and hopefully better luck with injuries (Thiago, Diaz and Baj) will see us kick on.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 06:50:19 am by spider-neil »

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: May 26, 2023, 06:51:55 am »
The mooted prices of pretty average players continue to make our cheap skate backing out on Bellingham look bizarre.

The fee
The agents costs
The wages

Made this deal prohibitive and wouldn’t have left a lot left over for anyone else.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2904 on: May 26, 2023, 06:53:09 am »
Which begs the question, why didn’t anyone make anyone at the club drink the Kool Aid?

Of course, we can't know for sure, but I think that Bellingham's wage demands were put forward to our club after Real Madrid have made their wage offer. That was probably the reason why we have pulled out of the deal so abruptly ...

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2905 on: May 26, 2023, 07:03:09 am »
Lavia would be a great way to waste £40m. We need midfielders to come in and make a difference now, not in a few years. We don't have time for projects.

I'd rather sign Matheus Nunes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: May 26, 2023, 07:05:55 am »
Lavia would be a great way to waste £40m. We need midfielders to come in and make a difference now, not in a few years. We don't have time for projects.

Well, I suppose we could have swapped Henderson for Dempsey back in the summer of 2012, since Dempsey would have helped us immediately ...

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2907 on: May 26, 2023, 07:13:13 am »

Lavia would absolutely make a difference to the team right now. And Nunes isn’t a defensive midfielder.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: May 26, 2023, 07:14:32 am »
Lavia would absolutely make a difference to the team right now.
How?
He not starting over Fabinho and He probably blocks playing time for Bajcetic.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: May 26, 2023, 07:17:00 am »
Well, I suppose we could have swapped Henderson for Dempsey back in the summer of 2012, since Dempsey would have helped us immediately ...
That's different though. Henderson was 22 and was ready to be a big player for us, as he subsequently demonstrated. Dempsey was 29 and not actually that good. I'm saying don't spend the £40m on a 19 year old to sit on the bench. Instead, use that money to sign another player like Mac Allister.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2910 on: May 26, 2023, 07:17:41 am »
For me, this would be a good summer. That lot is going to cost at least over 150m with no CL we’d have to make sales and be clever. For instance, selling Morton to Southampton would significantly reduce the Lavia fee.

Also with greater fitness (a proper preseason) the likes of Nunez and Gakpo bedded in and hopefully better luck with injuries (Thiago, Diaz and Baj) will see us kick on.

Would it be better than say Kane, Rice and Mount if Utd got them 3?

Problem for us is that we clearly  are not on the top table when it comes to transfer fees. We are running away like a scared cat.

Unfortunately, for us teams like Brighton have caught us up in recruiting.

At this rate we might as well have kept Milner like Klopp wanted too.

FSG are starting to become a bit of a joke in all honesty and I have backed them.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: May 26, 2023, 07:18:05 am »
How?

We could have up to 65 games next season. 38 in the league, and up to 27 in the Europa League, the League Cup and the FA Cup ...

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: May 26, 2023, 07:21:33 am »
Lavia would absolutely make a difference to the team right now. And Nunes isn’t a defensive midfielder.
Would he? There's no way he comes in and starts over Fabinho and Bajcetic immediately, and we need first team quality players. A signing like his makes sense a year or two ago. Also, we have Bajcetic. He's better, younger and here right now. What's the point in having both? I know Bajcetic can play as an 8, but in this system he will be too high up the pitch.

Nunes isn't a DM, but if we aren't signing a DM who is an upgrade on Fabinho, then I'd rather we spent the money on improving our CM options.

For clarity, I don't want Nunes, but I don't want Lavia more :D

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: May 26, 2023, 07:22:05 am »
How?

You’re speculating when you say he wouldn’t start over Fabinho. Fabinho has been horrific this season with only a recent uptick in form saving him from being moved on this summer.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: May 26, 2023, 07:22:38 am »
That's different though. Henderson was 22 and was ready to be a big player for us, as he subsequently demonstrated. Dempsey was 29 and not actually that good. I'm saying don't spend the £40m on a 19 year old to sit on the bench. Instead, use that money to sign another player like Mac Allister.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Anyway, Lavia is not some kid coming out of a youth team. He already has a full season as a starter in the Premier League. People often moan that we are not taking risks. Well, Lavia is one of those risks, and might end up costing £100 million in a couple of years. The talent and the tools are certainly there ...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2915 on: May 26, 2023, 07:24:05 am »
We could have up to 65 games next season. 38 in the league, and up to 27 in the Europa League, the League Cup and the FA Cup ...
Yea and Henderson will also play 6 role. It not like Fabinho  consistently hasnt played huge minutes every year and Bajcetic should be able to handle 1000-1500 minutes

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: May 26, 2023, 07:26:03 am »
Yea and Henderson will also play 6 role. It not like Fabinho  consistently hasnt played huge minutes every year and Bajcetic should be able to handle 1000-1500 minutes

You have missed the point. Being in the Europa League, we have the luxury of developing players, instead of paying a fortune for several instant starters ...

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2917 on: May 26, 2023, 07:26:41 am »
Would he? There's no way he comes in and starts over Fabinho and Bajcetic immediately, and we need first team quality players. A signing like his makes sense a year or two ago. Also, we have Bajcetic. He's better, younger and here right now. What's the point in having both? I know Bajcetic can play as an 8, but in this system he will be too high up the pitch.

Nunes isn't a DM, but if we aren't signing a DM who is an upgrade on Fabinho, then I'd rather we spent the money on improving our CM options.

For clarity, I don't want Nunes, but I don't want Lavia more :D

I think a defensive midfielder who can run is an upgrade on Fabinho.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: May 26, 2023, 07:29:44 am »
You’re speculating when you say he wouldn’t start over Fabinho. Fabinho has been horrific this season with only a recent uptick in form saving him from being moved on this summer.
You think a 20 year DM who has to learn the system going to start of the experience of  a player who knows the system and klopp has very reliable even if they struggled at points this year

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2919 on: May 26, 2023, 07:29:48 am »
The way people are talking about Lavia I have to wonder if they have even seen him in action.