Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 87254 times)

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
It was going to end badly when Firmino scored the third with a no-look shot. 
dios esta buena

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
The players need to sort it out between themselves. Banega was getting the ball and we matched them 3 for 3 in there but still no one stepped up and Firmino didnt sit on Banega either.

Also, the changes should have come at 3-1 as it was clear some players were losing concentration.

The result isnt bad the most important thing is not to let this result affect us too much. We were the better side over the 2 games.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
After Firmino and Mane Karius was probably our 3rd best player tonight.

I thought the midfield were as much a problem as our defence, they were non existent 2nd half.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Exactly, not sure why some are up in arms over it.
Difference of opinion. Some based on interpretation through experience, others just a view.

Anyway, the usual problem is when others get abusive about that opinion. Shankyl Gates and I disagree fundamentally on this issue but neither of us has resorted to mudslinging and abuse - whereas some in this thread have. Not you, I hasten to add :wave

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
None of the decisions he made impacted on the result. A couple of soft ones for the can and was it countinho? booking.

Of course it did it kept their momentum especially at the start of the first half. When people continually dive yet still get decisions it keeps the pressure on constantly. That's exactly what happened.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
I agree although I don’t think a KO comp is passed us!

Nope but I also thikn we are not miles away from be that side.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
What if...

We lose to Spartak and Sevilla draw with Maribor

All three teams on 9 points.

Which two go through?

Spartak having beat us and drew with us would be ahead of us

Sevilla having drew with us twice would be behind us ON GD and also behind spartak with better head to head

So that would be

Spartak
Liverpool
Sevilla
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:34:59 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Wish people would stop reacting like we deserve to win every game against teams like these or those lower in the table. We haven't spent anywhere near the other clubs at the top in Europe or the premiership so why is everyone so surprised at results like this?

We're a work in progress and we'll get better and better over the next few seasons, the fact is we want instant success and it ain't happening anytime soon, at all.

Let's just grab a hold of something or someone near and dear and ride this wave of instability until we've added a few more key signings and then we can really start to compare ourselves with the others around and above us who we want to compete with. It's just a sloppy second half from a team who's not quite there yet. Chill.
We were 3-0 up. That result is a disaster however you put it and I'm sure Klopp would be the first one to agree.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Exactly, not sure why some are up in arms over it.

Not sure why anyone would be arms up about the refs at all to be fair, or the fans, or even their players. Sounds like something the bitters would say.

They came out in the second half and twatted us with everything they had, we've done it before (albeit with different results) - we'll do it again, they will and we'll have it done to us again.

It's natural for people to react with disbelief at an unbelievable comeback, it just hurts like a fucker when we are on the receiving end of a claw-back. As others have pointed out, our arses well and truly went when they ranked up the pressure - I can't believe anyone wouldn't think that they would...

c*nt of a game - but only solidifies many of the points many have made, we really do need a few very savvy players.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:35:27 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Are you happy with todays performance and the full time result, when we were 3 nil up at half time?
We didn't lose.

Hell yes I'm happy.

Would have been happier with a win to be fair.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
It doesn't alter the fact though that the Sevilla players were going down with little or minimal contact.

At 3-0 down, I suppose you'll try anything. It's like Henderson said, they all knew what to expect in the second half from Sevilla. Fuck knows why they did absolutely nothing to counter it though.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
On Moreno, he probably came into this match on the back of a few sleepless nights. The guy has been perfectly solid for a good 10-12 games now. I'd give him a pass on this one.

That's been said a lot, but its absolutely not an excuse. Tons of players play after their wives/partners give birth. He was just shit tonight. Hopefully he'll put it behind him and move on to the next gane

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No point slating Moreno it's all been said before but f u ck me i'd have the armband off Henderson after that asap.

That is the real point. Yes Moreno was Moreno. But our Captain didnt lead tonight and frankly doesnt deserve the title.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
None of the decisions he made impacted on the result. A couple of soft ones for the can and was it countinho? booking.

He gave them everything, it helped them build a head of steam so I would argue he added to the pressure. So not the cause but a contributing factor. I thought he was crap, which is surprising given he is earmarked to do the World Cup Final.
Henderson and Moreno bookings werent even fouls. A couple of the challenges on Mane were yellows and not even given as free kicks.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Not sure if this is true or not, but just seen on Twitter.

Jordan Henderson vs Sevilla

55% passing
0 take-ons
0 tackles won
0 aerial duels won
5 fouls
1 booking

Shocking, that.

I've said it a million times in here, he aint that good and he is certainly no Captain.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It was going to end badly when Firmino scored the third with a no-look shot. 

https://imgtc.com/uploads/3vGxGPJPCU6.mp4

Giving Bob the benefit of the doubt,  when you replay it, he doesn't turn his head til after he's struck through the ball and on first look to me it seemed he was double checking the ref wasn't signalling for offside etc.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Van Dijk suddenly looks worth 70Mil again.....
Which goals do you think he’d have stopped?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Are you happy with todays performance and the full time result, when we were 3 nil up at half time?

Yes.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We have more away goals v Sevilla so we go through. Not Sevilla.

Good to know! :)

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
It's torture. He's the co-commentator on TV3 in Ireland. He was wetting himself with excitement in the second half. Trotting out clichés every minute.

cannot stand the prick. always has that stupid grin on his face.

he was actually criticising Moreno for laughing .

i recall this c*nt missing an open goal for ireland against spain in the 02 world cup second roung and laughing after it. stupid fucking gimp and a horrendous player.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
I desperately want us to play them again. Like, this weekend.
Are you longing for a bad result?

;D
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
As far away as my first shite unfortunately Sarge boy

Sarge man, i'm a man.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On Moreno, he probably came into this match on the back of a few sleepless nights. The guy has been perfectly solid for a good 10-12 games now. I'd give him a pass on this one.
Procreation is an excuse for bad performances now.

Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me

Was shit Saturday

His ship is on the horizon
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
At 3-0 down, I suppose you'll try anything. It's like Henderson said, they all knew what to expect in the second half from Sevilla. Fuck knows why they did absolutely nothing to counter it though.

Because Sevilla were continually getting free kicks from the ref, which gave them total momentum in the early stages. Once the momentum builds in that way it becomes an entirely different sort of game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Why don't you take a look at my posting history officer.
I just did. It's not exactly a bastion of positivity.....

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Spartak and Sevilla, due to head to head. We only need a draw at home, though, whilst Spartak have to beat us.

Surely it's Us and Spartak?  Our head to head with Sevilla has us ahead of them on away goals.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
https://imgtc.com/uploads/3vGxGPJPCU6.mp4

Giving Bob the benefit of the doubt,  when you replay it, he doesn't turn his head til after he's struck through the ball and on first look to me it seemed he was double checking the ref wasn't signalling for offside etc.

o.k., but that doesn't excuse him giving the ball away with flash touches when he could have easily kept it.
dios esta buena

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

Didn't know Moreno was a center back.

Lovren won everything today.

But yeah sure.
:D

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!

I was more thinking of leadership skills, he shouts a lot and might have brought some structure and discipline to the team, but having said that since you ask ( ;) )
Maybe the third with a better header, I think he is taller and certainly a good header of the ball!

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
If are relying on them to do us a favour we don’t deserve to go through. I’m not shitting the bed, I still believe we will go through however we threw away a great chance to rest some key players.

I don’t expect Moscow to beat us at anfield. We shouldn’t need a favour and I was just answering someone about the different ways we can progress.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
We were 3-0 up. That result is a disaster however you put it and I'm sure Klopp would be the first one to agree.
Uh no. Losing after being 3-0 up would have been a disaster

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Fuck me - what an appalling situation to be in. Top of the group with a home game to play against an average team. Oh noes!!!!!!!!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
o.k., but that doesn't excuse him giving the ball away with flash touches when he could have easily kept it.

Yer wha?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't know Moreno was a center back.

Lovren won everything today.

But yeah sure.

I think it was said a bit tongue in cheek ?

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Dunno. Maybe I’m too old for this shit. A 3-3 draw away in the hardest game of the group with a home game against an average side? Of course it would have been great to hang on for the win but I’m not losing sleep over it.

Would agree, mate. Could have been a lot worse.

We're still in a good position to go through. The only thing I will say is that we have four attacking players who I wouldn't swap for many others out there in word football. Deep down, I wonder what they think of our defence? While Raggy and Dejan were decent tonight, they're never too far off doing what Albie did tonight. Kloppo really needs to throw some money at a couple of defenders, particularly ones with some steel and leadership.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck me - what an appalling situation to be in. Top of the group with a home game to play against an average team. Oh noes!!!!!!!!

to be fair - a lot of the real moaners haven't been able to complain for the last month - so this is like Christmas for them

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
I don’t think he’s ever not been needed. This little run of wins has been excellent but truth to be told Southampton, tonight and Chelsea were the big tests. Huddersfield offered fuck all, Maribor were shite and West Ham sacked their manager after they played us. This isn’t to detract from our recent up turn in results but the three aforementioned teams mustered about three shots against us in total and saints werent much more threatening after all. Tonight and Saturday were/will be games where we’ll come under big spells of pressure. Tonight, albeit in a very hostile atmosphere, we couldn’t handle it. Hopefully we can on Saturday but either way we need a leader to control the back four and if it costs 70million so be it.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
Moreno needs to be no where near a game against Sevilla, he had a shocker in the 2nd half
Will he be banished again?

We were fantastic first half, poor in the second and couldn't hang on another 2 minutes.

Need at least a draw at home to progress.

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
He might have headed the corner away - instead we got Klavan's half arsed effort.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk