Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 86588 times)

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Didn't know Moreno was a center back.

Lovren won everything today.

But yeah sure.

id have put money on him clearing the last corner out. instead it was a feeble header by Klavan.,

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Yes.
Result I understand but surely not the performance Alan?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
One of them isn't it.

It happens from time to time, maybe a bit too often for us, but I'd have taken a draw before the game

And our attack is fucking boss.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
We don't have any leaders on the pitch.
Henderson is not a captain.
Don't care if Gerrard, Kenny or Klopp say he is, he has never showed any leadership, he cannot manage a game and he can be as good as he wants off the pitch, he is not a leader on it.

Offline SA800

• Main Stander
I just did. It's not exactly a bastion of positivity.....

I have been unfairly banned from the transfer board for highlighting a number of facts and since then have been more sporadic. We see in the performance of Moreno today how right I was though.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Wish people would stop reacting like we deserve to win every game against teams like these or those lower in the table. We haven't spent anywhere near the other clubs at the top in Europe or the premiership so why is everyone so surprised at results like this?

We're a work in progress and we'll get better and better over the next few seasons, the fact is we want instant success and it ain't happening anytime soon, at all.

Let's just grab a hold of something or someone near and dear and ride this wave of instability until we've added a few more key signings and then we can really start to compare ourselves with the others around and above us who we want to compete with. It's just a sloppy second half from a team who's not quite there yet. Chill.

We may not deserve to win every game. I don’t think many expect that to be the case. However, when you somehow find a way to be 3-0 up, then you have to win the game. You have to be able to rely on your teams defensive abilities every now and then. We can't.

We are a work in progress, but I think that's also a convenient excuse. That allows us to ignore issues and we pretend things are under control. We are dreadful at defensive set pieces. We should be better at it. We should see improvements and I don't think we do. We depend on our front three and Coutinho to get results. The rest I'm not sure we can depend on for anything. When is the last time our defence or midfield were key to a win?

I know it may seem unfair, but we have all seen Sami, Carra, Gerrard etc be the rock of our team when we needed it. Remove Coutinho, Salah and Mane from the group of midfielders. What do we have? When was Wijnaldum, Henderson or Can that rock in the team that held things together? Anyone of the back five? They are not bad players, but we are definitely missing a couple of really good ones.

Last week I watched Sweden hold Italy to a draw. The CBs were key then. Every ball that came in you felt they would be able to deal with. Crosses or set pieces. They are not top players, so part of this is coaching too. We are not at the level of defending we should be.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
He might have headed the corner away - instead we got Klavan's half arsed effort.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
He won his header, who was marking the scorer and what was Karius doing?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Good to know! :)

Simple really. Match or better Sevilla’s result and we are through.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Of course it did it kept their momentum especially at the start of the first half. When people continually dive yet still get decisions it keeps the pressure on constantly. That's exactly what happened.
Absolute rubbish. We dropped points because we switched off at key moments.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
You’d honestly think we were expectedly 3-0 up at half time but then ended up drawing against Havant and Waterlooville!!

Let’s just be clear, there’s not really any logical positives to take from a 3-3 when we were 3-0 up and looking like scoring more. But goodness me you’d think it’s a massive rarity to see a team lose a 3 goal lead. Sevilla are a good side, it really isn’t as simple as ‘we should have stopped them, why didn’t Henderson do something’ Etc.

Pretty annoying as well as I was ready to type that the subs actually killed their game.....  :no
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
Yer wha?

In transition...  he could have held on to it.
dios esta buena

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
One of them isn't it.

It happens from time to time, maybe a bit too often for us, but I'd have taken a draw before the game

And our attack is fucking boss.

One thing I’d like to work out is why we seem to have a few of these in us every season for the last few years going back as far as that 3-2 QPR game. It’s honestly absurd how it keeps happening.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
to be fair - a lot of the real moaners haven't been able to complain for the last month - so this is like Christmas for them
True dat. Looking at the post histories of some, where are they when we win? Fucking nowhere. Hmm.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
25 pages already, would be nice to see some of you post after a win :lmao

Good luck mods.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Fuck me - what an appalling situation to be in. Top of the group with a home game to play against an average team. Oh noes!!!!!!!!

Is this something like the first time in nine years that we have made the knock out stages? So grim.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
He wanted time on the ball. Sevilla wouldn’t give him time. In the first half he kept getting dispossessed from behind. He had no idea he was being challenged. Check out Karius’s wonderful save at 0-1. Hendo’s pocket was picked.

Spot on Yorky. It is a weakness of his, this need to touch and set himself, he lacks a bit of subtlety I think, clever play by Sevilla though. I really like Hendo, both as a personality and a player but he can be knobbled if a team sets it's mind to it. He is a good flat track bully, particularly in England but a bit like a wounded bull sometimes against a slick matador. Anyway I am sure Mr K knows this.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
In transition...  he could have held on to it.

2 goals and an assist.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
I have been unfairly banned from the transfer board for highlighting a number of facts and since then have been more sporadic. We see in the performance of Moreno today how right I was though.
Take a fucking bow.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Great first half, embarrassing second, doesn't feel
Like we can win much with this inconsistency
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Dunno. Maybe I’m too old for this shit. A 3-3 draw away in the hardest game of the group with a home game against an average side? Of course it would have been great to hang on for the win but I’m not losing sleep over it.

Fair enough. I suppose you've seen it all over the years, Alan. I won't be losing sleep over it either, but it can't stop me from being irritated as fuck about it.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
He gave them everything, it helped them build a head of steam so I would argue he added to the pressure. So not the cause but a contributing factor. I thought he was crap, which is surprising given he is earmarked to do the World Cup Final.
Henderson and Moreno bookings werent even fouls. A couple of the challenges on Mane were yellows and not even given as free kicks.
No, he didn't. What's wrong with people? Did Klopp blame the referee?
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did you see Emre shit out of that tackle in the 72nd minute. he wins that and were away on the break. It also upset me the way when Emre got the Yellow card for nothing he couldnt stop apologising to the Seville player. He should have been screaming at the cheating c*nt to get up. Emre was ready to get on his knees and blow him. We need to fucking toughen up.
Yep. Does my head in too. Our players seem to let themselves get walked all over. No spice.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
25 pages already, would be nice to see some of you post after a win :lmao

Good luck mods.

Did anyone notice the wave of positivity in the 3 page long pre-match thread?

Everyone posting here in the last 40 mins were in there of course, wishing the team well, commenting on how great our recent run has been and generally looking forward to the match.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
My role in this conversation

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Let's see how average they are on the 6th of Dec. We've just given them all the motivation they need

They are average mate. You do know they just drew with Maribor at home?

I think some of you lads are doing this football thing all wrong. You’re meant to fucking enjoy it! Topic the group, pretty much guaranteed to go through, a forward line scoring for fun... but no. Let’s wet ourselves because we were battering the (second) best team in the group but they came back to err... draw.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

The messiah walks among us !!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Fair enough. I suppose you've seen it all over the years, Alan. I won't be losing sleep over it either, but it can't stop me from being irritated as fuck about it.

Yes we noticed.  ;D  But the fact is we've qualified, and we can still win the group by beating Moscow. I will not be losing any sleep, up to the manager to sort it out and I'm sure he will.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Still need a defence and midfield asap
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline ron_from_peru

• Main Stander
Spartak having beat us and drew with us would be ahead of us

Sevilla having drew with us twice would be behind us ON GD and also behind spartak with better head to head

So that would be

Spartak
Liverpool
Sevilla

That is not how it works.

If there is a triple tie (Spartak win at Anfield, Sevilla draw Maribor) then ALL games between those 3 teams - and ONLY those games - are all taken into account to determine who goes through. The teams with the most points go through. If level on points, GD decides.

So thatd be

Spartak 5 pts
Sevilla 5 pts
Liverpool 3 pts

We go to the EL. They go through.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
We have more away goals v Sevilla so we go through. Not Sevilla.
We have more points than Sevilla.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
He won his header, who was marking the scorer and what was Karius doing?
I wouldn't consider flicking the ball downwards into your own penalty area as 'winning the header'. Karius looked unsighted to me, couldn't really blame him.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
2 goals and an assist.

in the first half.  Not only firmino but the whole team were guilty of complacency in the second.
dios esta buena

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Its not a result to lose sleep over. We were the better side over two games but unfortunately some mad defending and some poor decisions cost us.

We will probably have results this mad again, its the nature of our side. But what we cant have is results affecting us for the next few games.

The players need to clear it our their minds and just get on with it.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
We can't count on Maribor doing us any favours

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
I wouldn't consider flicking the ball downwards into your own penalty area as 'winning the header'. Karius looked unsighted to me, couldn't really blame him.

Karius was decent tonight. Commanded his box most of the time and pulled off two brilliant saves.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
You’d honestly think we were expectedly 3-0 up at half time but then ended up drawing against Havant and Waterlooville!!

Let’s just be clear, there’s not really any logical positives to take from a 3-3 when we were 3-0 up and looking like scoring more. But goodness me you’d think it’s a massive rarity to see a team lose a 3 goal lead. Sevilla are a good side, it really isn’t as simple as ‘we should have stopped them, why didn’t Henderson do something’ Etc.

Pretty annoying as well as I was ready to type that the subs actually killed their game.....  :no

For decades it was a massive rarity for us , not anymore though - and that's the problem, tonight's captitulation just adds to a trend that undermines the confidence of the players and the fans... and boosts any opposition that they can go 2 or 3 goals down to us and still be in with a really good chance of getting a result.

Have we ever thrown away a 3 goal lead away from home in Europe before ? One goal used to suffice.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Didn't know Moreno was a center back.

Lovren won everything today.

But yeah sure.

Quite a few of these good games that Lovren has doesn't get mentioned, because our defense as a whole is terrible to which the midfield also contribute by inviting pressure after pressure. Today, Lovren bailed us from quite a number of dangerous moves by intercepting, winning challenges and winning duels in the air. Karius had a good game as well. Says how bad the others were though.

In attack, Firmino was really good and had we been playing as in first half, he would've surely done more damage, but we chose to chase shadows in the second half. Others were okay. Henderson didn't have a good game. None of our midfielders did in fact, which is disappointing. Our midfield can and should be more of a presence in these big games.

Game management and not keeping hold of the ball were really poor aspects from this game.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
Which goals do you think he’d have stopped?

He might have headed the third one away unlike Klavan.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good game though