Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1016101 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9600 on: January 11, 2014, 11:15:59 am »
Oh, this may be met with many cries of ' till the next time ' but come Monday morning im off it totally. I cant guarantee for how long but im going to knock it on the head for as long as i can.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9601 on: January 11, 2014, 11:52:09 am »
Oh, this may be met with many cries of ' till the next time ' but come Monday morning im off it totally. I cant guarantee for how long but im going to knock it on the head for as long as i can.
Good for you.

Good that you're not setting yourself targets too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9602 on: January 11, 2014, 02:52:12 pm »

As cliche as this sounds, just take it one day at a time

Oh, and plan your days out the night before. I find this helps.

Take ten minutes before bed each night and make a short list of things you want/need to do the following day.

It really helps to alleviate that feeling of "what should I do with myself next?" 

By the way, I've recently been compiling a little playlist of video's on youtube that I watch from time to time

I don't know if any of you have heard of Tony Robbins or Jack Canfield but their methods have had an amazingly positive impact on me lately

They don't talk about alcoholism, but they are certainly very enlightening when it comes to advising how to live a more fulfilling life

Very beneficial viewing for addicts though in terms of how to break old habits. If anyone wants some links then I'll be happy to recommend

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9603 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:03 pm »
Thanks Billy , means a lot.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #9604 on: January 13, 2014, 08:05:28 am »
By the way, I've recently been compiling a little playlist of video's on youtube that I watch from time to time

I don't know if any of you have heard of Tony Robbins or Jack Canfield but their methods have had an amazingly positive impact on me lately

They don't talk about alcoholism, but they are certainly very enlightening when it comes to advising how to live a more fulfilling life

Very beneficial viewing for addicts though in terms of how to break old habits. If anyone wants some links then I'll be happy to recommend

Right now I'm taking a 6 months course in personal development and I've got several vids to add to Billy's list as well as names of authors if anyone's interested.

Just send me a PM and we'll take it from there... :wave

Oh and Carl: Best decision (apart from getting Debs in your life) you've made for a long while! Nice one mate! :thumbup

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9605 on: January 13, 2014, 10:12:11 am »
Cheers guys. Got some niggling pains etc and what with Debs and her cancer scare i think it very selfish to allow her to worry about me. She has gone back to work today so thats a start for her, so i thought she is struggling today and if she can do it, so can i. Life sucks shit big time , but its time to change that fucker and realise what you have. Ive not touched my book for ages , ive a 1/32 Eurofighter Typhoon that needs work on, ive guitars etc. Its not like i dont have things to keep me occupied, so here goes :)

As always , should anyone need me im always here. As for them videos , would it be an idea to post them up here? Just a thought.

Take care guys,

Carl.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9606 on: January 13, 2014, 03:50:23 pm »
As always , should anyone need me im always here. As for them videos , would it be an idea to post them up here? Just a thought.

A good thought but it could be considered spamming the thread by some... ;)

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9607 on: January 13, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »
Run it by a mod mate. If it helps it isnt spam imo.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9608 on: January 13, 2014, 07:47:38 pm »
A good thought but it could be considered spamming the thread by some... ;)

I don't see why it would be considered spam.

As a matter of fact, their content could give rise to some interesting discussion

At the end of the day, the underlying theme of the thread has always been to try encourage and help each other

Discussion on personal development is probably something that we absolutely should be talking about, for therapeutic purposes 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9609 on: January 13, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »

I don't see why it would be considered spam.

As a matter of fact, their content could give rise to some interesting discussion

At the end of the day, the underlying theme of the thread has always been to try encourage and help each other

Discussion on personal development is probably something that we absolutely should be talking about, for therapeutic purposes

I agree completely Billy. My answer to Carl was only taking the thread title into consideration. The mighty Mods of RAWK Towers could deem such input more appropriate in a thread of its own. Mods - any comments?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9610 on: January 14, 2014, 09:28:17 am »
Stick them on mate. Just because i started the thread because im an alcoholic, it seems its turned into more than that. Ive had pm's about all sorts because of this thread. If it helps then thats good, surely. Im not sure any of that made sense but i feel like absolute dogshit today :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9611 on: January 14, 2014, 09:33:48 am »
Stick them on mate. Just because i started the thread because im an alcoholic, it seems its turned into more than that. Ive had pm's about all sorts because of this thread. If it helps then thats good, surely. Im not sure any of that made sense but i feel like absolute dogshit today :)

Ok I will later. Kind of up to my neck in work right now but I need a RAWK fix every once in a while... ;)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9613 on: January 14, 2014, 03:53:50 pm »
I want to post a comment on there but its being a twat and wont let me. Are some people so fucking ignorant?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #9614 on: January 14, 2014, 04:09:30 pm »
Yes.

Some/most can't see beyond personal choice.

I wouldn't worry about not being able to interact with them but thought it an illuminating story and response. Previous to that I had read the Duncan Smith reaction to that benefits program and the comments that followed.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9615 on: January 14, 2014, 04:26:51 pm »
Was worth posting mate , and i guess no one is forcing alcohol in our mouths. Shame its not that simple...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9616 on: January 29, 2014, 06:04:26 pm »
Well, Debs is in tomorrow for a session with her doctor with regards to the cyst and she is not doing well. Ive also a docs appointment as ive some ongoing pains but i really cant be arsed. I know that sounds bad , and Thomas has spoken to me about this but if i just wanna take whats coming to me. Hard to explain.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9617 on: January 29, 2014, 06:29:01 pm »
Well, Debs is in tomorrow for a session with her doctor with regards to the cyst and she is not doing well. Ive also a docs appointment as ive some ongoing pains but i really cant be arsed. I know that sounds bad , and Thomas has spoken to me about this but if i just wanna take whats coming to me. Hard to explain.
Debs will need your support mate.

Imagine if she needed you and you were ill because you hadn't got simple treatment?

Do it for her mate.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9618 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:27 pm »
Ill support her till the day i die mate. Its so hard to explain.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9619 on: January 29, 2014, 07:19:57 pm »

Not really mate, you know what it's like to not have something, so it's no surprise that you stand tall for Debs.... hope she and you guys are doing well. Much love mate as always.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9620 on: January 29, 2014, 08:05:15 pm »
Don't forget that supporting her can mean supporting yourself too.
W

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9621 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:49 pm »
Don't forget that supporting her can mean supporting yourself too.

This Carl.... This!

If you're not as close to 100% as possible how can you be there a 100% for others mate? I know your answer - I just wish you'd give it a think.

Fingers crossed for both of you. Gizza shout when you know more, ok?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9622 on: January 30, 2014, 07:35:03 am »
This Carl.... This!

If you're not as close to 100% as possible how can you be there a 100% for others mate? I know your answer - I just wish you'd give it a think.

Fingers crossed for both of you. Gizza shout when you know more, ok?

Thanks all, means a lot. I know i have to be fit etc but when  know she is ok, then ill be ok.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9623 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:03 am »
Thanks all, means a lot. I know i have to be fit etc but when  know she is ok, then ill be ok.
Hope all goes well today for you both. Take care of yourself and help ease her worries.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9624 on: January 30, 2014, 09:03:24 am »
Ive let her sleep in and fuck work.  I dont know how to help her. She needs me i know all that , ive just been here before and i cant help but think of Mum and Dad. Being an alcoholic is hard, but trying to smile through the pain is harder. I hate lying but hey ho. If it makes her feel more at ease then ill do it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9625 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:37 am »
Ive let her sleep in and fuck work.  I dont know how to help her. She needs me i know all that , ive just been here before and i cant help but think of Mum and Dad. Being an alcoholic is hard, but trying to smile through the pain is harder. I hate lying but hey ho. If it makes her feel more at ease then ill do it.

I know what it's like to be in a situation again when the first time was not good. My Dad died of cancer 9 years ago and yesterday I was with my mum at the hospital because she's been diagnosed with skin cancer so she had to go to some kind of check. Next step: Radiation. Mind the docs told my dad that radiation was the very best for his kund of cancer - 8˝ months later he was gone. Yesterday the doc told my mum and I that radiation was the best for her kind of cancer... History repeating? I fucking hope not!

Enough about me - good luck to you Carl. We're here when you need us mate! ;)

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9626 on: January 30, 2014, 10:12:00 am »
Shit. Im so sorry to hear that mate and fuck being here for me, we are here for you.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9627 on: January 30, 2014, 10:25:10 am »
Shit. Im so sorry to hear that mate and fuck being here for me, we are here for you.

Thanks mate. We've been told it's not an aggressive kind of cancer so we need not to worry. So I'm hopeful but somewhere in the back of my mind is that little grain of doubt, you know...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9628 on: January 30, 2014, 10:29:07 am »
Thanks mate. We've been told it's not an aggressive kind of cancer so we need not to worry. So I'm hopeful but somewhere in the back of my mind is that little grain of doubt, you know...

Only too well my good friend.Always here for you.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9629 on: January 30, 2014, 10:39:14 am »

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #9630 on: January 30, 2014, 10:57:01 am »
Only too well my good friend.Always here for you.

As I am here for you dearest grandling.    Always.  I've PM'd you my phone number sweetie. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9631 on: January 30, 2014, 12:42:30 pm »
As I am here for you dearest grandling.    Always.  I've PM'd you my phone number sweetie. 

And i couldnt have added to my phone list any quicker hun.  Some days you think you are all alone and then you come on here...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9632 on: January 30, 2014, 02:12:49 pm »
Well here goes. Debs results and my tests.

4- 0 it was btw. Hahahahahahahahahaha

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9633 on: January 30, 2014, 03:44:10 pm »

Oh Maggie! It's wonderful to see you on here, i'm sure i got "wooshed" and you posted your return to the titernet somewhere else, but it's great to see you again, hope you are well mate.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #9634 on: January 30, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »
Oh Maggie! It's wonderful to see you on here, i'm sure i got "wooshed" and you posted your return to the titernet somewhere else, but it's great to see you again, hope you are well mate.

Well that's a very delightful thing to say.   Thank you very much indeed and I hope you are well too.  And I love being your mate.  As Dicky Mint would say "Like the gred gred grobin I keep on grob grob grobin along".   
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9635 on: January 30, 2014, 08:29:04 pm »

She might be your mate but shes my Nana.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9636 on: January 30, 2014, 08:36:33 pm »
She might be your mate but shes my Nana.

She might be your nana, but i'm your mate!

Honestly Carl, it's great to see Mags about again. Muchos Love there mate!

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9637 on: January 31, 2014, 08:17:33 am »
Yes it is good to see her back :)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9638 on: January 31, 2014, 06:16:00 pm »
Great to see everyone doing well, and Maggie back.
As for me I'm spending a couple of days with the queen of my world in Leeds, so all is well!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9639 on: February 4, 2014, 01:06:18 pm »
Just thought id say, ive had full blood screening as it seems i have symptoms in common with pancreatitus or pancreatic cancer. Ill know more when i see the doc on Thursday. Im on Buscopan for the abdominal pain and just regular vitamins for now. Ill keep you updated guys :)