Author Topic: Season Ticket Waiting List  (Read 585061 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Season Ticket Waiting List
« Reply #2720 on: January 1, 2016, 12:51:57 pm »
Interesting bit of information.

Thanks for that.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2721 on: January 1, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
Interestingly, Sunderland (54%) and Aston Villa are two of the three with a lower percentage of season ticket holders, the other two clubs currently cut adrift with Newcastle in the bottom three and perennial relegation fighters these days. The other being Liverpool, though they keep the level low on purpose as they hope to make more money selling single tickets to distant fans who will then spend big money on merchandise etc. - See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/10/premier-league-reveal-only-3-clubs-have-lower-level-of-season-ticket-holders-than-newcastle/#sthash.kGeusmRh.dpuf

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2722 on: January 1, 2016, 08:19:14 pm »
Yeah a waiting list is the most logic way.

Once a upon a time (later 90's) I sent in my name and joined the list.. but once everything was digitized and you got allocated your number they somehow lost my name and therefore I'm not on the list anymore.

Called them and tried to sort everything out, but was asked for a letter confirming the fact that I join the queue.
Can't remember ever receiving that letter and if I did I it's not very likely that I'll save it for 20+ years  :butt

I was the same, thought I'd been on the list since about 1995 and only discovered when they were sorting the list out a few years ago that they had no record of me. :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: January 4, 2016, 01:47:58 pm »
Position - 7,271...........long wait for me.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: January 20, 2016, 10:19:04 am »
Is there anyway for the club to send out the ref code for the STWL? Can't find the email, I think I was in like 25 millionth place like but want to keep an eye on how it changes with the new stand.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: January 20, 2016, 10:23:13 am »
Is there anyway for the club to send out the ref code for the STWL? Can't find the email, I think I was in like 25 millionth place like but want to keep an eye on how it changes with the new stand.

I used this to get mine

http://help.liverpoolfc.com/app/ask

Took them about a week to get back to me though.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: January 20, 2016, 11:04:42 am »
Cheers mate, trouble is I think it was from an old address and using my old fancard number. Hopefully they can find me :D

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2727 on: January 20, 2016, 03:04:22 pm »
Assuming you haven't already passed away, what happens when the day comes of being offer a ST ? Do they go, thanks for your paitence, heres your ST on row 34 of the Annie Road Lower.

Or do you get some say as to where in the ground you want it?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2728 on: January 20, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
Assuming you haven't already passed away, what happens when the day comes of being offer a ST ? Do they go, thanks for your paitence, heres your ST on row 34 of the Annie Road Lower.

Or do you get some say as to where in the ground you want it?

Our numbers came up three years ago (after waiting 15 years).  I think it was the time when they offered 500 new seasies.  We needed three seated together, and yet still had some choice - probably 3 options, although I remember that one of those was back row of upper centenary.  It was much better choice for those who just wanted a single - I think there was even one on the front row of the upper centenary, although nothing in the kop for even singles.  We were phoned to tell us that we were being offered seasies, and then a letter arrived about a week later.  We could either choose seats over the phone, or do it online (with stadium plan of what was available) but I went with doing it over the phone there and then, on the basis that any waiting would just mean less choice.  So they do give you choice - but seems it all depends on what they've got available.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #2729 on: January 20, 2016, 04:39:13 pm »
Our numbers came up three years ago (after waiting 15 years).  I think it was the time when they offered 500 new seasies.  We needed three seated together, and yet still had some choice - probably 3 options, although I remember that one of those was back row of upper centenary.  It was much better choice for those who just wanted a single - I think there was even one on the front row of the upper centenary, although nothing in the kop for even singles.  We were phoned to tell us that we were being offered seasies, and then a letter arrived about a week later.  We could either choose seats over the phone, or do it online (with stadium plan of what was available) but I went with doing it over the phone there and then, on the basis that any waiting would just mean less choice.  So they do give you choice - but seems it all depends on what they've got available.

Once you got the ST, are you able to change your seat at a later date? or in between seasons?
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2730 on: January 20, 2016, 04:51:32 pm »
Once you got the ST, are you able to change your seat at a later date? or in between seasons?
Yes, I changed mine three seasons ago. Just had to put it in writing.

Offline tarentheara

• Main Stander
« Reply #2731 on: January 20, 2016, 08:13:58 pm »
Anyone have any idea when the club are releasing information on new season tickets with the new main stand?

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2732 on: January 21, 2016, 03:50:55 pm »

We tried to change our seasie seats to more shaded area of stadium (I have eye problems - have had surgery that's left eyes photosensitive - can hardly see any of the action if I'm forced to put on dark glasses).  Club have been sympathetic and tried to help, but because it's a case of moving three of us together, not been offered anything that gets less sun than current seats.  They offered me a suitable individual seat, but refused, as I wouldn't want to be sat on my own. 
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: January 21, 2016, 05:39:57 pm »
We tried to change our seasie seats to more shaded area of stadium (I have eye problems - have had surgery that's left eyes photosensitive - can hardly see any of the action if I'm forced to put on dark glasses).  Club have been sympathetic and tried to help, but because it's a case of moving three of us together, not been offered anything that gets less sun than current seats.  They offered me a suitable individual seat, but refused, as I wouldn't want to be sat on my own. 

Surprised by this. It's like they have set season ticket seats. There must be loads of "threes" in the ground that they could assign as season tickets and just put yours as general seats. Or am I missing something?! Can see it being tricky mid season but not before any sales have been made??

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: January 21, 2016, 05:47:20 pm »
We all know loads of season tickets are not owned by the original person.

But surely some of these original owners must be over 65 now?

Is nobody getting caught being obviously under 65 on their card when they're paying less?

This must surely be becoming more of a problem for those who have them in a name of an old relative?

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #2735 on: January 21, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »

Same time as us.  Family of 4.  Think there were 2000 opened up at the time.  We took 4 in CE6 Upper Centenary, via stadium map online.  Love our seats, the view we get and the people around us.....all I think got their STs at same time as us.

Will never forget the sheer amazement of finally making it after all those years of waiting............then the realisation that we needed to find about £3200 for the 4 in a week or so.  Panic stations! 

This season, for the first time we have Autocupped every competition, but selected prime Kop tickets or Lower Centenary for those.  Still have to pinch ourselves that for every game at Anfield we have fully reserved premium seats.  Thankyou God!

;D

Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2736 on: January 23, 2016, 04:51:22 pm »
We all know loads of season tickets are not owned by the original person.

But surely some of these original owners must be over 65 now?

Is nobody getting caught being obviously under 65 on their card when they're paying less?

This must surely be becoming more of a problem for those who have them in a name of an old relative?

We need an amnesty
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2737 on: January 23, 2016, 06:08:56 pm »
Bet half the season tickets that they snatch back or get handed back every season don't get given to the next names on the list the following season, keeps the numbers at a level and also generates more seats for members/general sales = more money per seat per game.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: January 24, 2016, 04:31:41 pm »
Ive been told by someone who works at the ticket office that there is going to be an amnesty this year , cant really understand why they havent already done this in the last few years especially before the expansion started . My own tickets are in someone elses name and I literally know loads of lads who are in the same position . The guy whose name is on my tickets has actually passed away but his family are happy for them to pass onto me as  I've had them for 18 years now . Will also make a big difference to the waiting list as plenty on it will be removed from it once an amnesty is declared .

If there is an amnesty it will be interesting to see if you can actually retain the actual seat you have sat in .

Offline Red Phil 18/5

• Main Stander
« Reply #2739 on: January 28, 2016, 01:05:54 pm »
Ive been told by someone who works at the ticket office that there is going to be an amnesty this year , cant really understand why they havent already done this in the last few years especially before the expansion started . My own tickets are in someone elses name and I literally know loads of lads who are in the same position . The guy whose name is on my tickets has actually passed away but his family are happy for them to pass onto me as  I've had them for 18 years now . Will also make a big difference to the waiting list as plenty on it will be removed from it once an amnesty is declared .

If there is an amnesty it will be interesting to see if you can actually retain the actual seat you have sat in .

Did they say anything about when any announcements are going to be made, re. new ST's or this amnesty?
The Red Machine in Full Effect.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: January 28, 2016, 06:50:32 pm »
What does this amnesty entail?

Cheers

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: January 31, 2016, 10:03:38 pm »
Is there a limit to how many games a ST Holder can return their seat to during a season?
Do they get 1/19th of the price of their season ticket as a refund for 1 game or how does it work?  :wave
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2742 on: January 31, 2016, 10:18:50 pm »
Bet half the season tickets that they snatch back or get handed back every season don't get given to the next names on the list the following season, keeps the numbers at a level and also generates more seats for members/general sales = more money per seat per game.

That makes no sense. Season tickets are a benefit to the club as they bring in cash at the start of the season. It reduces administration costs for the ticket office and the discount for buying a season ticket is outweighed by the guaranteed income pre-season.

And we know that new season tickets are being issued because people have said so on here.

There's a number of season tickets (25,000?) and that's pretty constant. And there will no doubt be a new issue of season tickets when the new stand opens.

As someone pointed out, the amnesty will take a lot of people off the waiting list.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: February 1, 2016, 08:49:43 am »
I think the main batch of new season tickets will be issued when the Anfield Road stand is developed.

Is the new Main stand going up by 8,000/8,500?  If yes 3,500 is the new Anfield Dugout Club level so that leaves 4,500/5,000 new seats I doubt they will make them all season tickets at a guess 2,000?   especially as they might have to relocate the Anfield Road people for a season when the new stand gets built.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: February 1, 2016, 09:15:10 am »
Is there a limit to how many games a ST Holder can return their seat to during a season?
Do they get 1/19th of the price of their season ticket as a refund for 1 game or how does it work?  :wave

NO limit  because the club also makes money by reselling it on your behalf an extra £300ish if you sold every game

- and you get approx 75% of the ticket price depending on whether its Cat A - Cat B or CAT C
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/Ticket-Exchange-Information

If you sold every game to have a season ticket would cost you circa £100
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 09:16:50 am by Tommypig »

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #2745 on: February 2, 2016, 03:10:37 pm »
After todays announcements on the new pricing structure I expect the news on the new season ticket release will not be far behind. Just my opinion mind.

They needed to get next years prices out so they can say we are offering you a ticket here at £x
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: February 2, 2016, 03:28:27 pm »
After todays announcements on the new pricing structure I expect the news on the new season ticket release will not be far behind. Just my opinion mind.

They needed to get next years prices out so they can say we are offering you a ticket here at £x

Yes would expect it soon.

The number of new ones will be interesting.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2747 on: February 2, 2016, 03:52:35 pm »

This is an interesting point in the SOS statement which seems to imply no season tickets available from the redeveloped stand.  (Unless general admission will include some season tixs)

"If people accept that these seats are now ‘hospitality’, the much talked about redevelopment and seat increase changes. We were told half the new seats would be general admission (approximately 4,000) and the other half hospitality seats. This changes that to nearer 3,000 and 5,000 respectively."
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/response-to-lfc-ticket-prices

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: February 2, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »
This is an interesting point in the SOS statement which seems to imply no season tickets available from the redeveloped stand.  (Unless general admission will include some season tixs)

"If people accept that these seats are now ‘hospitality’, the much talked about redevelopment and seat increase changes. We were told half the new seats would be general admission (approximately 4,000) and the other half hospitality seats. This changes that to nearer 3,000 and 5,000 respectively."
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/response-to-lfc-ticket-prices

believe new ST will come as part of the 4000. how many is the question?! Also depends on how their hospitality sales go I assume!

Offline Jsk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2749 on: February 2, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »
2379 new season tickets will be issued if you do a simple bit of maths in the figures in the SoS figures on their website.

Total Season Tickets for 16/17 = 27094
Total Season Tickets for 15/16 = 24715

2644 extra General Sale Tickets on top of this seasons number, take off the 540 that were lost in 15/16 due to construction then you end up with 2104 new GA tickets, you then need to take off 834 from tier 1 of the Main Stand as they are going to be exclusively sold as low level hospitality for £175 per game, giving the total extra GA tickets that will be available at

This means the total General Population Rise is 3649 for next season

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2750 on: February 3, 2016, 05:40:01 am »
2379 new season tickets will be issued if you do a simple bit of maths in the figures in the SoS figures on their website.

Total Season Tickets for 16/17 = 27094
Total Season Tickets for 15/16 = 24715

2644 extra General Sale Tickets on top of this seasons number, take off the 540 that were lost in 15/16 due to construction then you end up with 2104 new GA tickets, you then need to take off 834 from tier 1 of the Main Stand as they are going to be exclusively sold as low level hospitality for £175 per game, giving the total extra GA tickets that will be available at

This means the total General Population Rise is 3649 for next season

Read somewhere that they would split it 50/50 between ST and tickets for members.. and with the new prices you imagine that they rather have more tickets available for members as that would generate more money. But I guess we just have to wait and see.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #2751 on: February 3, 2016, 08:15:04 am »
will they be offering new season tickets straight away due to it not being ready for start of season

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #2752 on: February 3, 2016, 11:06:41 am »
Anybody care to speculate where any new season tickets are going to be? If at all?

We know the extra seats will be in the main stand but looking at the new pricing structure it looks like the lower tier of the main stand is going to be very expensive. Will this mean existing main stand ST pushed to the upper tier?

Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2753 on: February 3, 2016, 11:29:22 am »
Anybody care to speculate where any new season tickets are going to be? If at all?

We know the extra seats will be in the main stand but looking at the new pricing structure it looks like the lower tier of the main stand is going to be very expensive. Will this mean existing main stand ST pushed to the upper tier?

Should be interesting this - I'd guess the new STs will likely be in the new Main Stand Upper - though given the reports of a likely season ticket amnesty and that some people will be trying to move to a cheaper part of the ground given yesterday's ticket price release. The club could even go the whole hog and give the option for people to sit next to their mates or family etc if they wish - a bit of a logistical nightmare - and that's before they allocate any new STs for next season...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #2754 on: February 11, 2016, 10:23:32 pm »
Should be interesting this - I'd guess the new STs will likely be in the new Main Stand Upper - though given the reports of a likely season ticket amnesty and that some people will be trying to move to a cheaper part of the ground given yesterday's ticket price release. The club could even go the whole hog and give the option for people to sit next to their mates or family etc if they wish - a bit of a logistical nightmare - and that's before they allocate any new STs for next season...

Looks like there are no ST's in the main stand upper now after the amended price structure. Seems like any extra ST's will go to the lower tier with the GA from that area moving up top maybe?

I'm 3,950 or so on the list, looking like I'm still gonna miss out even after 15 years on the list. I do have priority rights though and there is a condition in the share sale that says I'd be offered a ticket 'in the new stadium'. Anyone know if this will come into play or not as technically there is no new stadium?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2755 on: February 11, 2016, 11:47:58 pm »
Looks like there are no ST's in the main stand upper now after the amended price structure. Seems like any extra ST's will go to the lower tier with the GA from that area moving up top maybe?

I'm 3,950 or so on the list, looking like I'm still gonna miss out even after 15 years on the list. I do have priority rights though and there is a condition in the share sale that says I'd be offered a ticket 'in the new stadium'. Anyone know if this will come into play or not as technically there is no new stadium?

I'd get on to the Ticket Office when it's quiet about the 'ticket in the new stadium' bit mate - I wouldn't have thought so - but you never know given the wording of these things etc
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #2756 on: February 13, 2016, 12:14:02 am »
I'd get on to the Ticket Office when it's quiet about the 'ticket in the new stadium' bit mate - I wouldn't have thought so - but you never know given the wording of these things etc

yeah, I asked when buying my Wembley ticket this week but they just fobbed me off and said I'd be contacted etc. A quiet day probably a better option

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: February 13, 2016, 09:33:13 am »
Doesn't apply to me in the slightest this as I can't even get my name on the list but if they are going to offer 2k+ season tickets I wonder if they will restrict to being in the new Main Stand only?

The kop for example has around 6k in. Would they want to restrict access to there? It could be possible you go all the games as a member in the kop and you are on the list and get offered Main Stand only?

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2758 on: February 13, 2016, 10:07:04 am »
Doesn't apply to me in the slightest this as I can't even get my name on the list but if they are going to offer 2k+ season tickets I wonder if they will restrict to being in the new Main Stand only?

The kop for example has around 6k in. Would they want to restrict access to there? It could be possible you go all the games as a member in the kop and you are on the list and get offered Main Stand only?
looking at the stats of SOS on the amount of tickets available they released before the club changed back the prices it looks asif possibly 2k season tickets are going to be released. 27k season tickets it states and I'm sure currently it's 24.5k. Looks asif it could be the main stand upper but you can't tell with the stats as at the time it stated both centenary/main stand upper. As for the kop there are 9.5k season ticket holders according to the stats unless they are going to release the 2k new ones in there  ::).

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #2759 on: February 26, 2016, 10:29:15 am »
I was hoping the club may have released more information on the ticket breakdown in the new stand by now. However I have been thinking that since they started building!

I have a suspicion they will release the information at the last minute and expect 2,000 to come up with the money in a week! Cue mad scramble and people wishing the club got their act together earlier.

How long do they give people to renew their season tickets normally?