Author Topic: Season Ticket Waiting List  (Read 585048 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Season Ticket Waiting List
« Reply #2520 on: May 15, 2014, 02:38:47 pm »
I've been on the waiting list since '93. At the time I was 177,000 in the queue. Last time I checked I was 1,308 in line. I'm not holding any more hope than you are Qston!

177,000?

And the waiting list only opened in 1996 I think (possibly 94) so you should of got one, or been extremely close to the top, if it was 93 you joined.

Offline Seantheprawn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2521 on: May 15, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »
Nope, it was definitely wasn't as late as 96. It could have been '94......a plethora of hard nights out have obscured my once detailed memory but I've still got the original letter from the club's ticket office somewhere....
WHEN BUSH WAS TALKING ABOUT  "THE EVIL DO-ERS OF THIS WORLD" HE WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS SHITE-ARSED CUSTODIANS!!
THE SO-CALLED "AXIS OF EVIL" IS FOUND ACROSS THE FURROWED BROW ON HICKS' FAT HEAD.

Twitter: @seanmck75

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #2522 on: May 15, 2014, 02:47:24 pm »
I've been on the waiting list since '93. At the time I was 177,000 in the queue. Last time I checked I was 1,308 in line. I'm not holding any more hope than you are Qston!

Thats a turnover of around 8,700 a year, should piss it this time. :)

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #2523 on: May 15, 2014, 03:10:11 pm »
Thats a turnover of around 8,700 a year, should piss it this time. :)

Got to imagine with CL, not that many won't renew lad.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2524 on: May 15, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »
Nope, it was definitely wasn't as late as 96. It could have been '94......a plethora of hard nights out have obscured my once detailed memory but I've still got the original letter from the club's ticket office somewhere....

Even if it was 94 it still wasn't at 177k (I don't think it's ever been that high even). Plus there are people who have well got a ST who got on it towards the start, so you wanna check your letter and have a word if you haven't had one.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #2525 on: May 15, 2014, 03:28:56 pm »
Got to imagine with CL, not that many won't renew lad.

I was just applying mathematics to the numbers given, I did this by taking his position on the waiting list in 1993 which was 177,000 then subtracting his current position (1308)I the divided the new number (175,692) by the number of years lapsed since the person joined (20) this then resulted in 8784.

:)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:28:29 pm by fy7reds »

Offline Seantheprawn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2526 on: May 15, 2014, 05:02:33 pm »
I completely understand your logic and subsequent calculation of my situation, but I can find and thus scan the letter if it clarifies your disbelief. I was gobstruck to say the least at the time, thinking they just plucked a number out of thin air. Perhaps they did. The lady I spoke to at the ticket office about change of address not long after receiving my confirmation letter, with my STWL number attached suggested it would be 'quite some time' before I had the option to purchase a season ticket. I'm still waiting! I suspect a large amount of people perhaps fell off the list when FSG took over and executed the overhaul of the waiting list scheme (the '£5 for administration' fee) to discover for themselves the real numbers they were dealing with over the 'new ground / Anfield expansion scenario.
WHEN BUSH WAS TALKING ABOUT  "THE EVIL DO-ERS OF THIS WORLD" HE WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS SHITE-ARSED CUSTODIANS!!
THE SO-CALLED "AXIS OF EVIL" IS FOUND ACROSS THE FURROWED BROW ON HICKS' FAT HEAD.

Offline Seantheprawn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2527 on: May 15, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »
You're right though - with hindsight; I can't quite imagine how 177k could possibly be waiting for a ST.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2528 on: May 15, 2014, 06:14:19 pm »
You're right though - with hindsight; I can't quite imagine how 177k could possibly be waiting for a ST.

Could well be late 95, they were on general sale before the start of the 95-96 season. My nephew and his mate just pitched up and bought them in June, July 95.

I went on the list just before the start of the 95-96 season and got one in 1999 ( I think) but the list was mostly just on bits of paper in drawers in the ticket office. No organisation or order to speak of so it was pretty hit and miss if you were ever offered a season ticket.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #2529 on: May 15, 2014, 08:30:33 pm »
the thing is there is no direct science that can be applied to how the ticket office have dealt with it prior to the clean up they had a few years back.
I'm currently 2000 something in the qeuue, my name went on when i got my fancard in 2004 or whatever it was. My dad written to the club in the early 90's but we heard nothing back. i dont think that prior to the clean up that they could quantify how many were on a list as i dont think a list existed. Certainly not to the point of saying 177k were waiting, Im not disputing what your saying mate they may have told you that but it is bollocks.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2530 on: May 15, 2014, 08:50:07 pm »
Certainly not to the point of saying 177k were waiting, Im not disputing what your saying mate they may have told you that but it is bollocks.

Stuck '7' key, by the look of it.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2531 on: May 15, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »

Thought you were taking the piss with this and the 177000.  Never been that much on the list lol.  Plus in the early 90's you could simply waltz to the ticket office and buy a season ticket.  These were the dark days of Souness and the kop was still standing.  I know, 'cos quite a few of my mates purchased round about then.  Also during the glory days of the 80's it was fairly easy to get a season ticket esp in the kop.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #2532 on: May 16, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »
1995 we went on the list as a family.  2011 we were 700th on the list as 2000 were released. 

We were expecting to wait a year max.  The premiership popularity kicked in and the year wait turned into 16.  As I've said before in here, my young nippers were full grown adults by the time we got them.

;D

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:53:47 pm by jamieredders »
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2533 on: May 17, 2014, 08:14:42 am »
Until the list was properly sorted out a couple of years ago, I am convinced that it existed purely as scraps of paper kept in random placed in the TO. Any tickets issued were almost certainly pretty random.

I remember just filling in my contact details on a piece of A4 paper at the counter in August 1995. I was absolutely convinced that I would get the tickets for 1996-7 but none were issued that year because they developed the Anfield Road end. I suspect that after that it just dwindled into increasing levels of general incompetence!

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #2534 on: May 17, 2014, 10:50:15 am »
anybody know anyone who is not renewing?
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #2535 on: May 17, 2014, 11:43:58 am »
177,000?

And the waiting list only opened in 1996 I think (possibly 94) so you should of got one, or been extremely close to the top, if it was 93 you joined.

Agree with that.  Me mate applied for 3 tickets sat together in 1994 - his first season he got the tickets was in 1998.  Cent upper tier

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: May 18, 2014, 09:51:41 pm »
Just had a baby. Any idea how long the list is for father/son season tickets?

Congratulations

Offline Seantheprawn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2537 on: May 22, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »
Until the list was properly sorted out a couple of years ago, I am convinced that it existed purely as scraps of paper kept in random placed in the TO. Any tickets issued were almost certainly pretty random.

I remember just filling in my contact details on a piece of A4 paper at the counter in August 1995. I was absolutely convinced that I would get the tickets for 1996-7 but none were issued that year because they developed the Anfield Road end. I suspect that after that it just dwindled into increasing levels of general incompetence!
Absolutely!! I had moved down to London by that point and when I put my name on the waiting list there was no hint of competence that I can remember. The list consisted of a photocopied piece of offy headed paper, written in blue biro. There were a couple of years where I was too busy to justify having a season ticket; so didn't pursue it. I used that photocopy to notify them of change of address every so often but I'm sure they made paper aeroplanes out of it instead!? Thing is people just don't give ST's up at all. I wish me dad hadn't got rid.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: May 22, 2014, 07:07:25 pm »
Absolutely!! ..............snip................Thing is people just don't give ST's up at all. I wish me dad hadn't got rid.

Kind of answered your own question there.

Offline The_Rebel

• Kopite
« Reply #2539 on: May 22, 2014, 07:30:28 pm »
Has anybody transferred ownership of a season ticket recently?? I know they made a point of saying it wasn't available this summer for the first time I can remember. Just curious what the actual process is and if anybody has actually done it
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains"

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: May 23, 2014, 07:48:42 pm »
Has anybody transferred ownership of a season ticket recently?? I know they made a point of saying it wasn't available this summer for the first time I can remember. Just curious what the actual process is and if anybody has actually done it

It used to be proof of name and address of transferee (utility bill would do it) and a letter signed by the person giving up

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #2541 on: May 27, 2014, 12:54:03 pm »

I transferred ownership of one into my name 6 years ago. Similarly to what someone else said when I got the ST off the person giving it up in 2003 I just filled in the change of address slip inside the renewal booklet, so for 5 years the ticket was still in their name but in my address. But then it became a problem when I moved house in 2008 because by this time you couldn't change your address without providing proof ie utility bill, so obviously it would have come to light it wasn't in my name so I had no choice but to try and get it changed into mine. They wanted utility bills off the pair of us, plus a written letter of consent from the person wishing to transfer it. Luckily the person I got it off was still contactable so I was able to get this, and they changed the name no problem at all and I collected it from Anfield in my name. One thing I made sure to do though was actually renew the ticket first in case they were funny about it!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:55:39 pm by annieroadaggro »

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #2542 on: June 6, 2014, 11:27:59 am »
Any idea when the club offer them to people on the waiting list please?

Offline JohnnyM

• Boys Pen
  • JFT96
« Reply #2543 on: June 9, 2014, 02:26:54 pm »
Any idea when the club offer them to people on the waiting list please?

I know some letters went out at the weekend  - unless your place number is less than 150 I'd say your chances this year are slim

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2544 on: June 11, 2014, 01:51:44 pm »
I am 341 on the list. Not holding out much hope until the capacity increases

I've just looked and I've moved up from 5,953 to 5,638 (320 places from this time last year).  You must be very close?
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: June 11, 2014, 09:36:35 pm »
I've just looked and I've moved up from 5,953 to 5,638 (320 places from this time last year).  You must be very close?

Mine hasn't moved from my last position check in March.....
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #2546 on: June 12, 2014, 12:47:17 pm »
I know some letters went out at the weekend  - unless your place number is less than 150 I'd say your chances this year are slim

Thanks.  The letter was there when i got home last night.  Have to call them up now.  Anyone know what the chances of picking one up for the KOP are?  Slim i guess?  Thanks.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: June 12, 2014, 12:54:01 pm »
Mine hasn't moved from my last position check in March.....

I was 5,953 on 13th May 2013, renewals were due by 28th May, so that must have been what I moved up at the start of last year.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2548 on: June 12, 2014, 02:54:05 pm »
I was 5,953 on 13th May 2013, renewals were due by 28th May, so that must have been what I moved up at the start of last year.

Yes that would have been the drop last pre-season........will see if numbers change again come August time
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #2549 on: June 13, 2014, 03:43:51 pm »

You're 47 places behind me mate. I applied in June/July 2002 so I'm guessing you applied roughly the same time. I'm not expecting anything until the Annie Rd end is redeveloped as the Main Stand tickets will no doubt be sold to a number of corporates and member sales. I'll get there eventually! :)
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #2550 on: June 13, 2014, 04:41:08 pm »
anybody know anyone who is not renewing?

No!

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #2551 on: June 13, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

Offline liva4eva

• Main Stander
  • Better than all the rest
« Reply #2552 on: June 21, 2014, 01:42:56 pm »
I dont think my position has moved for two years. Is that right as surely there must have been some movement
The King is back, long live the king

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2553 on: June 21, 2014, 03:31:10 pm »
I dont think my position has moved for two years. Is that right as surely there must have been some movement

Have moved up 846 places in total since 12/05/12 (when they put the ST waiting list lookup thing online).

Only moved 6 places since end of July of last year though. Still in the 18,000's :D

Apparently it's not an automated list - so someone at the Ticket Office probably updates it 'sometime' after all the STs are allocated or sent out for the new season.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: June 24, 2014, 11:54:42 am »
Just checked mine for the first time in a while

Cant remember what it was last time I checked though

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: June 25, 2014, 11:41:53 pm »
Just been offered 2 next to each other.
Been on the waiting list for nearly 20years

Oh fucking yes, what a great day

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: June 26, 2014, 04:31:36 am »

Congrats, I'm not the slightest bit jealous! [emoji6]

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2557 on: June 26, 2014, 07:53:42 am »

:champ               jammy git...........nice one :)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Red Phil 18/5

• Main Stander
« Reply #2558 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:35 pm »

What number on the list were you?
The Red Machine in Full Effect.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2559 on: June 26, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »
We were around the 50 mark.
When I called up, they had 7 seats available
Also, I'd moved house and am ex-directory, luckily they sent me an email as I'd forgotten to update details.

You have a day left, otherwise FO

Rang up, don't care what the cost is, or where they are, here's my debit card - charge it

Boom
I'm in, I'd sit on the roof if I had to ;)