Author Topic: "plans for the new stadium will be released by the end of this week" - Hicks  (Read 16731 times)

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
While the melee is happening on the LFC board about the Jurgen fiasco, most have completely missed this, which is a very interesting development for this board...

EXCLUSIVE by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

plans for the new stadium will be released by the end of this week.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=tom-hicks-we-lined-up-jurgen-klinsmann%26method=full%26objectid=20347793%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
Does this mean that the financing / loans would of been sorted out at as well??

I am quite excited to see what they have come up with this time....!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline stueya

• Kopite
Does this mean that the financing / loans would've been sorted out at as well??

You're excited and I couldn't give a fuck anymore.

I'd rather see those pair of American Wankers fuck off back to the shit hole they come from and leave us alone.
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Really interested to see the latest plans and to see just how much we've had to tighten the purse strings after the last lot we saw.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
Really interested to see the latest plans and to see just how much we've had to tighten the purse strings after the last lot we saw.

Yeah, me too. It's the one thing that's been keeping me going :p
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
Here it is

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
I knew it would be a bowl design.

* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
if they build the Parry Bowl they can fuck right off
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
I knew it would be a bowl design.

very good! :)
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
They can show us the best ground in the world...

but we know it won't get built.
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
They can show us the best ground in the world...

but we know it won't get built.

I know we've had countless set backs , but surely this time the club have to come up with a feasible, affordable stadium.

If these latest plans never see the light of day, the club must be in dire financial straights and it'll time for people to move on.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
some good news for a change, just hope we get to see both designs so we can see what alterations,additions where made.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Durango

• Can see into the future...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Without wanting to be silly,amid all the melee that's going on at the club,been told from a reliable source that the ground will start by the end of February,with what's going on a the club i wouldn't wager too much on that!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:10:54 am by Durango »

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Without wanting to be silly,amid all the melee that's going on at the club,been told from a reliable source that the ground will start by the end of February,with what's going on a the club i wouldn't wager to much on that!

Could be true, everything's in place to start work and they did say it would begin in or about spring 2008, plus it's the one thing everyone agrees with at the club that a new stadium in needed sooner rather than later.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
New ground, they won't even be able to fill Anfield if they get rid of Rafa.

Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Without wanting to be silly,amid all the melee that's going on at the club,been told from a reliable source that the ground will start by the end of February,with what's going on a the club i wouldn't wager too much on that!

no new planning permission for the downgraded plans required mate? (or will any new application get passed very quickly?)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
no new planning permission for the downgraded plans required mate? (or will any new application get passed very quickly?)

I brought this up on another thread, surely the plans haven't got to go to the secretary of state again to see if govt intervention is necessary.

This govt approval was recently given to the last lot of plans ( even though they were discarded ! ) so you think a down graded version shouldn't need the nod from the govt.

But maybe the club have to still submit them as a formality, if they do the secretary of state must wonder what the fuck's going on !

Offline Durango

• Can see into the future...
  • Legacy Fan
I think they can get started on digging the foundations etc,whilst Planning Permission is sought.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
If the revised plans are the same footprint as previously granted planning permissions then I would imagine there wouldn't be much wrong with starting, just that the capacity would be restricted until a further planning permission (for increased capacity) is granted (although I stand corrected by those who know about all this).

But with the way things are going at the moment I wouldn't be surprised at anything that happens.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
Does this mean that the financing / loans would've been sorted out at as well??

If you watch the video of the interview with Hicks on another thread he clearly states that the financing has been agreed with two banks (in the old fashioned way) and it will all be sorted out this week. He also makes it very clear (to me) that they have no intention of selling the club, despite all the hype here.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
You're excited and I couldn't give a fuck anymore.

Agreed.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Does anyone still believe that Hicks is really the right person to judge what sort of stadium this club needs?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Robbie Styles

• Main Stander
    • Robbie Styles
I'm getting just sick & tired of it all now.....
Bill Shankly - 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
If you watch the video of the interview with Hicks on another thread he clearly states that the financing has been agreed with two banks (in the old fashioned way) and it will all be sorted out this week. He also makes it very clear (to me) that they have no intention of selling the club, despite all the hype here.

Just do one!  :wanker

Offline Beggerz

• can't be custom title chooserz
  • Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
Hope it's as good as the original design...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just do one!  :wanker

That the most constructive you've been all week?

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
Apparently, AFL's revised design is not like their previous effort.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
Is tomorrow the end of 'this week'  :P

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And who was your reliable source....?

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
so where are the new designs and costs then ???

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
Sunday's the end of the week, think i can smell something, oh yes its bullshit

Offline IB

• Kemlynite
still no plans what a joke

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
Did they say which week ?
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
It seems in the short history of G&H being 'custodians' of our club they seem to like announcing dates by which things are going to be done by - and then not sticking to them.

I wish they wouldn't put announcements with timelines on them because it make them -and the club - look inept when these targets come and then go...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Right, this is all I was told re the ground " The shit will hit the fan next week....theres gonna be uproar!"...thats it no more ...it did sound ominous though..not really a incisive post but unfortunately thats it....the thing is I trust the person who told me and and when pushed would add no more

so what does it mean?......put on hold?...shit design?....50,000 capacity but loads of corporate?....boxes in the Kop?...blue seats!! g-g-g-g ground share ( nah!!!)........named "The Sun Stadium" ( now that would be interesting!!)

doesnt sound good though :(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:32:12 am by FlashingBlade »

Offline VintageRed74

• or perhaps Vladimir or even Estragon. Best fiends with Maggie..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Right, this is all I was told re the ground " The shit will hit the fan next week....theres gonna be uproar!"...thats it no more ...it did sound ominous though..not really a incisive post but unfortunately thats it....the thing is I trust the person who told me and and when pushed would add no more

so what does it mean?......put on hold?...shit design?....50,000 capacity but loads of corporate?....boxes in the Kop?...blue seats!! g-g-g-g ground share ( nah!!!)........named "The Sun Stadium" ( now that would be interesting!!)

doesnt sound good though :(
:no
I never normally forget a face, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception.

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
Did they say which week ?
                                                                                                                                                              no they did say it will be revealled by the 49th of maypril and completed and opened on the same date ! funny though they didnt give a year ?
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
                                                                                                                                                              no they did say it will be revealled by the 49th of maypril and completed and opened on the same date ! funny though they didnt give a year ?
Thats ok then, they didn't lie so everything fine then  :odd
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
Thats ok then, they didn't lie so everything fine then  :odd
                                                                                                                                                   i know i was worried for a bit myself ! after all the stories i have read about these 2 honest american owners who only want the best for the club being called liars and other names , for no reason at all ! without them we would be nothing ! so the Fuckin Press Think
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
Its out, and i don't think many fans will be too happy...
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....