Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25853 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Oh is that what that winky face means  :P
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Oh is that what that winky face means  :P

It is so difficult Mikey talking smack with you on two separate boards (Footy and USFootball)... Must be this:

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Just checking but after the substitutions don’t players have to stay in their original positions?

Otherwise it kind of defeats the point of the positions based draft?

I thought we should post the drafted XIs with the sub mentioned, and in the write ups we can say who the sub comes on for but without any significant change in others positions?

Yep.

Tactics have to stay 4-3-3. Your sub can replace whoever you want in the team depending on the game.

We're potentially one pick away from the bitter end. Then I'll start a new thread. Grateful if everyone could try to use the https://www.buildlineup.com/ to prepare images of your team in formation, and if there are any ringers for the player name to include the relevant years!

The matches are going to be in a league format, rather than a knockout given that we have 10 teams. 9 rounds of matches. Points to be allocated as you'd expect - 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. Points for, points against, point difference.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just checking but after the substitutions don’t players have to stay in their original positions?

Otherwise it kind of defeats the point of the positions based draft?

I thought we should post the drafted XIs with the sub mentioned, and in the write ups we can say who the sub comes on for but without any significant change in others positions?

Didn't we agree there wouldn't be any need for a write up?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
No idea how I get an image from it though

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5d4928bc138c092e24ade8de
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Didn't we agree there wouldn't be any need for a write up?

There can be short write ups. People have stuck players in odd positions and selected players from Tier 5.

But I will impose a word count, and how you choose to use the words is up to you. It’s not like the Balkan draft, everyone knows who the majority of these players are.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
We’re done!

Adz chooses Tammy Abraham, Claus chooses Pukki.

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Tonight when I get a minute I will post an update re the matches. IF EVERYONE COULD TRY TO SENT ME JPGs of their teams in “FM Style” that would be aces.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Sub - Ndidi

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Sub - Ndidi

You going to call this - God Blocking :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
How many are doing a write up on their team?

Also, are you able to do these line ups on mobile?
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Are we allowed to use our Sub in our XI? in other words Can I submit my XI with the Substitution already made?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How many are doing a write up on their team?

Also, are you able to do these line ups on mobile?

No Write up here.

It would be more fumbling around subbing Redmond for Big Div and the 4 M's (Modric, Milivojevic, Martial, and Mahrez)

Good luck all... Calm as you like as we have Virgil Van Dijk on his Bike
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are we allowed to use our Sub in our XI? in other words Can I submit my XI with the Substitution already made?

Put the sub in under the player you want to sub (like above Trend)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I need to redo mine

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Here is my Team

• Legacy Fan

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Anybody fancy doing me a favour and making my team for me if I give them all the details? I won’t be able to get on a desktop before JK needs our teams and it just isn’t doing what I want it to on mobile :no

There’s a vote in it for anybody who does! Just send me a PM :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anybody fancy doing me a favour and making my team for me if I give them all the details? I won’t be able to get on a desktop before JK needs our teams and it just isn’t doing what I want it to on mobile :no

There’s a vote in it for anybody who does! Just send me a PM :)

Already did!  Send me your color requests too.!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
I too cannot do my team until tomorrow, so if anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I too cannot do my team until tomorrow, so if anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated!

Send to me mate with instructions for color jerseys/second color/numbers color plus your back up (with the ringer years etc..)

And any formation preferences - arrows, alignments etc..

Happy to help.

Matt Ryan (GK), Cedric Soares (RB), Emerson Palmieri (LB), Rudiger (CB), Stuart Pearce (98/99 CB), Ruben Neves (CM), Michael Essien (08/09 CM), Gyfli Sigurrdsson (AM), Deulofeu (RW), Aguero (LW), Torres (07/08 ST), Ozil (Sub)

I'll see what I can put together --- for your review :)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 04:45:19 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Thoughts? Changes, tweaks?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Already did!  Send me your color requests too.!

Thanks Trend 8)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
I have no clue how to transfer my team to this thread. Also, how to add in SS. Any help would be much appreciated
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Legacy Fan
Thoughts? Changes, tweaks?

Sorry I meant Deulofeu to have an arrow going forward, not Sigurdsson! My OCD also demands that Essien and Ruben Neves are positioned level, probably in between the lines they are on now. Also, can Aguero and Deulofeu just go a touch wider?

Other than that - great job!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Total Trend Chakan Football

My favorite part of this team is its diversity:

Origi - Belgian
Mahrez - Algerian
Martial - French
Redmond - English (Jamaican)
Milivojevic - Serbian
Modric - Croat
Rice - Irish
Van Dijk - Dutch
Olsson - Swedish
Wan-Bissaka - English (Congo)
Ablett - Liverpudlian (Scouse)
Ederson - Brazilian

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have no clue how to transfer my team to this thread. Also, how to add in SS. Any help would be much appreciated

Viva, send me your lineup, color preference, alignment and substitute (and any special years or ringer years), and I'll sort it mate!

If you want I can do a mock up and PM you too?

Butland (GK), De Bruyne (RB), van Aanholt (LB), Lascelles (CB), Sol Campbell (98/99 CB), Fernandinho (CM), Bale (09/09 CM), Manuel Lanzini (AM), Richarlison (RW), Hudson-Odoi (LW), Mitrovic (ST), Drogba (06/07 Sub)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 06:58:10 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Viva, send me your lineup, color preference, alignment and substitute (and any special years or ringer years), and I'll sort it mate!

If you want I can do a mock up and PM you too?

Butland (GK), De Bruyne (RB), van Aanholt (LB), Lascelles (CB), Sol Campbell (98/99 CB), Fernandinho (CM), Bale (09/09 CM), Manuel Lanzini (AM), Richarlison (RW), Hudson-Odoi (LW), Mitrovic (ST), Drogba (06/07 Sub)

You're a fooking star mate. I have it saved on buildlineup.com under vivabobbygraham, colours and line up, if that helps trend
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 07:04:58 pm by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is um....a little against the point of the draft, no?  ;D

Picked Redmond as an AM and Mahrez as a RW and then essentially just switched them on the formation anyway! I mean I’m fine with that as long as I can play Stevie G as a very narrow, central right back
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is um....a little against the point of the draft, no?  ;D

Picked Redmond as an AM and Mahrez as a RW and then essentially just switched them on the formation anyway! I mean I’m fine with that as long as I can play Stevie G as a very narrow, central right back

We are talking about arrows, mate. 

I think most people are smart enough to see where I am strong and not so strong (and where the boundaries are).

Its not like I have people out of their positions - just small little nuances.   JK can make the final ruling on this. 

But if you want us to remove the arrows, and move every player into exact prescribed positions, then I can do that too.

Calm as you like, wind up merchant!

If I were you, I would advance Stevie G by a small margin on the right flank (like DeBruyne for Viva) --- show that he'll get forward and do some damage at RB, which he would! 

And make the case that the Right sided FB in the modern game is really more of deep lying midfielder with athleticism (ala TAA)!
That's what I would do, but its your team and your vote (if you choose to use it, this time :)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 07:32:57 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You're a fooking star mate. I have it saved on buildlineup.com under vivabobbygraham, colours and line up, if that helps trend

Here is how I did, but I am amenable to getting the version you like:  Don't cry for Argentina was my inspiration :)

Tell me any color, placement/alignment/spelling/editing piece you would like mate.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Here is how I did, but I am amenable to getting the version you like:  Don't cry for Argentina was my inspiration :)

Tell me any color, placement/alignment/spelling/editing piece you would like mate.

Think this might be pushing Bale's CM role!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think this might be pushing Bale's CM role!

I totally made it up, having not talked or communicated with Viva, mate. 

Not sure if he had Bale as a holding midfielder or a box-to-box central player who would find spaces out wide like Gini?

I can remove posts like these as they are really a work in progress between me and the person asking for help.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’d play De Bruyne more as a roaming right back, mainly roaming to the centre circle

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

This formation of yours I like Trend  :thumbup

Can you replicate?

Black and pink strip please, mate

Superb job, mate, much appreciated my friend

« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 07:46:01 pm by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Right, I like the creativity but people need to keep their players BROADLY in the positions they were picked for.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry I meant Deulofeu to have an arrow going forward, not Sigurdsson! My OCD also demands that Essien and Ruben Neves are positioned level, probably in between the lines they are on now. Also, can Aguero and Deulofeu just go a touch wider?

Other than that - great job!

How's this?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan